⌨️ Keystroke v1.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Favorite Early Zone (vote twice)

✏️ School 🏫
29%
👑 Princess Tower 👸
17%
🌈 Color World 🎨
12%
🏠 House 🛏️
17%
🚁 Military Zone 🎖️
13%
🏝️ Beach 🏖️
13%

Total votes: 229

indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

⌨️ Keystroke v1.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

Post by indyc »

This was a massive undertaking to pull off in EOS but it's finally here with the help of over 20 people!

I couldn't drop how funny of an idea it would be to make an adult game that required both hands to win. The constant struggle of "do I do well or are they tempting me enough to fail?" made me want to turn it into a reality. I expect it to be a love or hate sort of project - it won't be for everyone.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=64150

👾Those who have played may have noticed certain... hacks present themselves. Think of them like loot drops in a dungeon crawler. Feel free to share or trade them on the forums! (Just please use spoilers and limit yourself to sharing your best one for now)

The optional estim dynamically changes depending on how much your files are corrupted. Interested to hear how the experience goes.

I would love to hear every bit of your feedback - good and bad. Despite tons of betatesting I am sure there are plenty more bugs to find so help me squash em and thank you for playing!

patreon.com/indycent - If you want any commissioned scenes in Trials of the Succubi or Keystroke
Last edited by indyc on Wed May 03, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Re: ⌨️ [Feedback & Hack Share] Keystroke v1.0

Post by verynicekojak »

Wow, looks like a lot of good work :-).
Although I must admit that for me it's difficult to follow text if the lines are very long. I just click next without reading and then I don't know what is going on. I also liked idea by Rillo (like in Estim Hack) when he placed name of the speaking girls at the beginning of the line so it was even easier to follow the plot.
More feedback when I find some time to play for a while :-D.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: ⌨️ [Feedback & Hack Share] Keystroke v1.0

Post by indyc »

verynicekojak wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:36 pm Wow, looks like a lot of good work :-).
Although I must admit that for me it's difficult to follow text if the lines are very long. I just click next without reading and then I don't know what is going on. I also liked idea by Rillo (like in Estim Hack) when he placed name of the speaking girls at the beginning of the line so it was even easier to follow the plot.
More feedback when I find some time to play for a while :-D.
I too glaze over with too much text so I am curious to know if you still think it is too much on a replay. I don't mark who is speaking because sometimes it is a mystery and it would take up a good chunk of real-estate where I actually run out of tease space like Trials of the Succubi.(most girls speak in pink)

The "good" news for you is the plot is really light in this one. You might be a bit confused playing without the tutorial but reading dialog isn't absolutely necessary to win. I look forward to the rest of your feedback!
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: ⌨️ Keystroke v1.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

Post by lmind »

This was a lot of fun! I especially liked the little notes in the upper-left corner when choosing stages, so I could choose things more suited to my personal preferences. This game seems like a marvel of EOS coding!

Spoilery bug report and feedback:
Spoiler: show
Bug report:
I ran into a crash after the Halloween game where the monster is approaching; I reduced the girl to 0 before the monster arrived; then I chose a "happy ending" (Edge and Ride); then I chose to Keep her (rather than Delete her). It crashed there, on the screen where I chose to Keep her. Specifically, the music kept playing, the same picture was still on the screen, but no text came up, and the game did not progress anymore from there.

I am super curious about how the game keeps track of your likes/dislikes and the girls you've chosen to Keep, and how that stuff comes into play later. I did not get to find out, due to the crash. I will have to try again later.
-lmind
fast10
Explorer
Explorer

Post by fast10 »

Absolutely incredible.. One of the best I've ever played.

Never felt this teased and denied, it's such a dilemma. The concept is too good
Haha I'm never going to beat this game

♥️♥️♥️
mike343536
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mike343536 »

I will quickly try your tease.
Just a note before going any further. I really like the estim sessions but your tease unfortunately does not appear in the webteases by putting "estim" in the search area
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

lmind wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:14 am This was a lot of fun! I especially liked the little notes in the upper-left corner when choosing stages, so I could choose things more suited to my personal preferences. This game seems like a marvel of EOS coding!

Spoilery bug report and feedback:
Bug report:
I ran into a crash after the Halloween game where the monster is approaching; I reduced the girl to 0 before the monster arrived; then I chose a "happy ending" (Edge and Ride); then I chose to Keep her (rather than Delete her). It crashed there, on the screen where I chose to Keep her. Specifically, the music kept playing, the same picture was still on the screen, but no text came up, and the game did not progress anymore from there.

I am super curious about how the game keeps track of your likes/dislikes and the girls you've chosen to Keep, and how that stuff comes into play later. I did not get to find out, due to the crash. I will have to try again later.
-lmind
I really do think it is a marvel of coding but remember I'm just trying to learn coding myself. Fapnip was entirely instrumental in putting together the framework and then listening to my every desire, trying to really understand what I meant, and altering tons of stuff as time went. There is plenty they and I wanted to pull off that EOS simply cannot do (like make it playable entirely on keyboard or avoid the double click thing entirely). After their departure I wasted so much time of other coders in the Milovana community to make the dream a reality - check out the credits!
For that bug report - I'm really sorry that happened. I recreated those steps exactly and it didn't crash so I'm not sure what happened. Do you remember the last line of text at the crash? The good news is that it should work fine to restart the browser and load that autosave where you were despite it not having music.

The preference system rates every girls attributes and if you run from them or delete them, it lowers those attributes in your search. If you lose to them and/or keep them it raises them. Deleted girls cannot return in that playthrough.
fast10 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:33 am Absolutely incredible.. One of the best I've ever played.

Never felt this teased and denied, it's such a dilemma. The concept is too good
Haha I'm never going to beat this game

♥️♥️♥️
Oh I have faith in you haha! I knew people would love it or hate it and I'm glad you are on the "good" side. (it is getting worse ratings than I expected considering how monumental it is) The more hacks you find or people share with you the stronger you will become.
mike343536 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:44 am I will quickly try your tease.
Just a note before going any further. I really like the estim sessions but your tease unfortunately does not appear in the webteases by putting "estim" in the search area
Good to know! I'm extra interested what the estimmer world will think about it so tell me all about it. I added an estim tag just now and next update I will change the word e-stim to estim which may help that search parameter.
ALT+Q+Q

Post by ALT+Q+Q »

Great teaser thanks for the work passed before Halloween and the library. It is very difficult to type so quickly without knowing the language.
Jassinov
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by Jassinov »

I really like this tease, thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into it! :love: :love: Finished it a couple of times now :)

Just to clarify: It's supposed to reset the data once you finish the game, right?

PS: I think playing this tease is actually teaching me to type faster :lol:
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

ALT+Q+Q wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:33 pm Great teaser thanks for the work passed before Halloween and the library. It is very difficult to type so quickly without knowing the language.
I didn't have any non-english speakers in the beta-test so that is a good perspective to hear. I can PM you some hacks to get you a head start so you don't have to type so much. Thanks for trying anyways, might be a great way to learn haha!
Jassinov wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:07 pm I really like this tease, thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into it! :love: :love: Finished it a couple of times now :)

Just to clarify: It's supposed to reset the data once you finish the game, right?

PS: I think playing this tease is actually teaching me to type faster :lol:
I'm so happy you like it!

As far as resetting the data it depends what you mean. Unless you outright tell it to clear these things, even on a restart it should be saving any hacks you find and girl preferences permanently. Though deleted girls will come back each new game because otherwise you could delete an entire level after a few plays. (deleting a girl still heavily changes the system preferences against her "attributes")
Jassinov
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by Jassinov »

indyc wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:24 pm I'm so happy you like it!

As far as resetting the data it depends what you mean. Unless you outright tell it to clear these things, even on a restart it should be saving any hacks you find and girl preferences permanently. Though deleted girls will come back each new game because otherwise you could delete an entire level after a few plays. (deleting a girl still heavily changes the system preferences against her "attributes")
Okay, thanks for the info :)
When I finish the game, choose "credits" and then restart the tease (via refreshing the browser tab) I start from the beginning. If I opt for "restart" I keep everything (such as different statuses, hacks etc.).

BTW: for me as a non-native speaker the tease is fine but I don't really have problems with writing in English in general.
darkwarrior4742
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by darkwarrior4742 »

I've only played on mobile, but I ran into a few issues.

*It only seems to save my progress after a run if I get a game over screen and restart. When I finished and exited, it didn't remember me at all when I refreshed.

*Conditions from one run are persisting into a new run. Specifically, I had the "Docile" and "Horny" statuses at the end of one run, got the game over screen (in the campsite), and when I restarted I still had those statuses. The only fix I've found is telling it to forget everything, which has some fairly obvious downsides.

The ghost girl was.... almost impossible on mobile. Might just be my device, but highlighting the text didn't reveal it. I had to copy the text, and use my phone's popup to show what text was copied.... and most of the time I couldn't get the full text highlighted, so had to just remember the proper phrases to use.
Haven't tried it on desktop yet to see if the issues appear there as well. I figure balancing a typing game for mobile is probably not high on your priority list, but wanted to share anyways.

Overall an absolutely fantastic game, with pretty much a perfect blend of tease and gameplay. Thank you for sharing!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Jassinov wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:41 pm
indyc wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:24 pm I'm so happy you like it!

Okay, thanks for the info :)
When I finish the game, choose "credits" and then restart the tease (via refreshing the browser tab) I start from the beginning. If I opt for "restart" I keep everything (such as different statuses, hacks etc.).

BTW: for me as a non-native speaker the tease is fine but I don't really have problems with writing in English in general.
I looked into the restart tease code that has always had problems I thought I fixed... and there were more problems with it. Some have reported that closing the browser will start from the beginning which is not what should be happening (unless you finished a run already).
darkwarrior4742 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:57 pm I've only played on mobile, but I ran into a few issues.

*It only seems to save my progress after a run if I get a game over screen and restart. When I finished and exited, it didn't remember me at all when I refreshed.

*Conditions from one run are persisting into a new run. Specifically, I had the "Docile" and "Horny" statuses at the end of one run, got the game over screen (in the campsite), and when I restarted I still had those statuses. The only fix I've found is telling it to forget everything, which has some fairly obvious downsides.

The ghost girl was.... almost impossible on mobile. Might just be my device, but highlighting the text didn't reveal it. I had to copy the text, and use my phone's popup to show what text was copied.... and most of the time I couldn't get the full text highlighted, so had to just remember the proper phrases to use.
Haven't tried it on desktop yet to see if the issues appear there as well. I figure balancing a typing game for mobile is probably not high on your priority list, but wanted to share anyways.

Overall an absolutely fantastic game, with pretty much a perfect blend of tease and gameplay. Thank you for sharing!
It may not be apparent but lots of testing was done on the phone side. While it is not close to the ideal way to play there are systems built to make it usable enough.
I know the ghost girl is too rough for phones but at that point I suggest "run". Most phones have enough problems highlighting it but this is the first time I hear that highlighting isn't working well enough.
It might not be fair but I REALLY didn't want to split the tease into 2 sections or give up some of the variety. I've also been considering making a phone hack - we shall see.

I've spent quite a bit of time today trying to fix the autosave and reset problems. I've re-uploaded it probably a dozen times today(which could be causing some browser reset issues). I am hopeful I fixed the biggest chunk of the problems just now.

Thank you so much for enjoying! There will be plenty more to come in the future.
shadows
Explorer
Explorer

Post by shadows »

I absolutely love this kind of mental game. When you say the preference changes when you "lose to a program" does that mean not reducing their integrity to 0 before the "Next Program" prompt comes up by waiting/ not typing, or does that only count if you reach 100% file corruption from that girl?
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

shadows wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:54 pm I absolutely love this kind of mental game. When you say the preference changes when you "lose to a program" does that mean not reducing their integrity to 0 before the "Next Program" prompt comes up by waiting/ not typing, or does that only count if you reach 100% file corruption from that girl?
Yes, not reducing integrity to 0 before "Next Program" is what does it. I'm glad you like this kind of game! Unfortunately the score keeps dropping further and further...