Looking to get into E-stim. Thinking to buy a 2B. need advice.

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
blamauci
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: None of the above

Looking to get into E-stim. Thinking to buy a 2B. need advice.

Post by blamauci »

Hiya, first post from me here on this forum. just made a account today after just browsing for years.

A little while ago, I ran into a video here on the forum, V91 made it I believe. it comes with a estim track.

Now I have never in my life used estim. I saw it in femdom clips and always thought it was kinda interesting but never tried it myself.

I read the comments for that video a bit and apparantly you need a stim device that can use stereo signals. which landed me on either building my own device. ( I don't think I have the technical/soldering skills) or buying a ready made unit. This is where I found the 2B E-stim device. I figure that this device is good enough for that video and others like it?

I do however feel that this is a kinda scary purchase, since I have 0 experience with E-stim buying a device thats about 400 euros and also having to buy a whole bunch of other stuff is a big leap.

So I am wondering, I would need the 2B. maybe the accesories pack, and also loops and stuff I guess. since the 2B only seems to come with some pads.

What would I need to buy? to be able to use the 2B with those videos? I would probably need 3 loops for triphase setup. one for behind the balls, bottom off shaft and one around the head right?
and also which ones should I get.

this is all quite a bit to take in honestly and it's hard to find easy n00bfriendly answers.

Hopefully I didnt post this in the wrong forumplace.

Thanks everyone in advance.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Looking to get into E-stim. Thinking to buy a 2B. need advice.

Post by edger477 »

I have 2B and I don't think it would work with the videos.

Do you have some particular video in mind? Dual channel or triphase? I could maybe try one or 2 videos (that I have ran with diy box) and post comparison.
blamauci
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blamauci »

edger477 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:49 pm I have 2B and I don't think it would work with the videos.

Do you have some particular video in mind? Dual channel or triphase? I could maybe try one or 2 videos (that I have ran with diy box) and post comparison.
I do have one in mind yes, the one I told about in my post, its located here: viewtopic.php?t=25899&hilit=v91

I think its supposed to be tri-phase.

You know it would be so nice if I could just try the stuff out before you buy you know, I even put out an ad for it on a certain meeting site in my country but it did not get any real responses and estim being pretty niche i think it will be hard to find someone xD
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

I have this video... I wanted to pull my 2B to see its output on oscilloscope, and I will try it with this video (not whole, just few parts) to check if it is creating sensations like the DIY box does (stroking etc, you know :))
blamauci
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blamauci »

edger477 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:43 pm I have this video... I wanted to pull my 2B to see its output on oscilloscope, and I will try it with this video (not whole, just few parts) to check if it is creating sensations like the DIY box does (stroking etc, you know :))
that would already be a big help. thank you.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Just tried that V91... It is barely comparable to DIY, it is very stingy with those signals, and you can barely make out some stroking when MA value was at around 70.

If you want to experience these videos here that have accompanying estim for DIY devices, you will have to build a box.

2B and other commercial devices have their uses, but these files that are in sync with videos are not one of them (talking about what you can buy right now, in March 2023, it might change in future).
blamauci
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blamauci »

edger477 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:22 pm Just tried that V91... It is barely comparable to DIY, it is very stingy with those signals, and you can barely make out some stroking when MA value was at around 70.

If you want to experience these videos here that have accompanying estim for DIY devices, you will have to build a box.

2B and other commercial devices have their uses, but these files that are in sync with videos are not one of them (talking about what you can buy right now, in March 2023, it might change in future).
damn, that kinda sucks. I had really hoped to be able to just buy something off the shelf. But thank you for at least making me not waste 500ish euro on stuff that would have been underwhelming.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

blamauci wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:55 pm But thank you for at least making me not waste 500ish euro on stuff that would have been underwhelming.
Building a DIY is less than half of that price, and you could also buy used 2b if you really want to go commercial box, the loss if you don't like it should be at least 5x less like that. You only want new/clean electrodes anyway and they work with other boxes too.

I did signal analysis today with oscilloscope to discuss some of this stuff with @diglet... I did not know that 2B has assymetric pulses.

That means the pulse top and bottom side are different:

Implication is that the sensations might change depending whether I took 2 black ends (-) as common or 2 yellow ones (+), or +/-.

I took 2 blacks, and did not actually tried it with restim, as one user claims to work for him here viewtopic.php?p=346016#p346016

I guess we are all different too and some people really like the feeling of 2B, and I was never really blasted by it, always had more fun with DIY stereostim, and I think I am going to sell my 2B to build a custom pulse box.
tigereye
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tigereye »

I know it a bit of a hassle to order all the parts and build your own DIY estim device, but if your goal is to enjoy the videos that are posted to Milovana then you don't have a choice. I own two of the most popular commercial estim boxes and neither works with files posted here. If you want to get what the creator intended then you must use a self built device. There are plenty of designs posted here. I am in the USA and was able to get most all of what i needed with a few google searches. I built it first on a plain wooded board and used alligator jumper clips and a few screws to hold everything in place so I did not need to solder anything. Once I tried it and everything worked I made an enclosed soldered version.

The difference between the signals from a commercial device and what you can get from the custom video/estim audio files posted here are mind blowing.

Don't waste money on a commercial device unless you intend to only use it with build in routines. They all suck at using estim audio that was designed and intended for a DIY device.

Tigereye
Spielers
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Spielers »

tigereye wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:21 pm I know it a bit of a hassle to order all the parts and build your own DIY estim device, but if your goal is to enjoy the videos that are posted to Milovana then you don't have a choice. I own two of the most popular commercial estim boxes and neither works with files posted here. If you want to get what the creator intended then you must use a self built device. There are plenty of designs posted here. I am in the USA and was able to get most all of what i needed with a few google searches. I built it first on a plain wooded board and used alligator jumper clips and a few screws to hold everything in place so I did not need to solder anything. Once I tried it and everything worked I made an enclosed soldered version.

The difference between the signals from a commercial device and what you can get from the custom video/estim audio files posted here are mind blowing.

Don't waste money on a commercial device unless you intend to only use it with build in routines. They all suck at using estim audio that was designed and intended for a DIY device.

Tigereye
For me the commercial box like A-Box/ B2 is way better then the self build box. Maybe i did something wrong. Maybe it is a personal feeling.
blamauci
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blamauci »

Spielers wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:28 pm
tigereye wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:21 pm I know it a bit of a hassle to order all the parts and build your own DIY estim device, but if your goal is to enjoy the videos that are posted to Milovana then you don't have a choice. I own two of the most popular commercial estim boxes and neither works with files posted here. If you want to get what the creator intended then you must use a self built device. There are plenty of designs posted here. I am in the USA and was able to get most all of what i needed with a few google searches. I built it first on a plain wooded board and used alligator jumper clips and a few screws to hold everything in place so I did not need to solder anything. Once I tried it and everything worked I made an enclosed soldered version.

Tigereye
For me the commercial box like A-Box/ B2 is way better then the self build box. Maybe i did something wrong. Maybe it is a personal feeling.
perhaps, i am personally not comfortable building my own electronics, it scares the SHIT out of me. I built my own PC's and stuff but doing that just goes a bit too far out of my comfort zone.

You say the 2B felt alright for you? can it do the 2phase and 3phase signals that these video's demand?
tigereye
Explorer
Explorer

Post by tigereye »

blamauci wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:39 pm

Tigereye
perhaps, i am personally not comfortable building my own electronics, it scares the SHIT out of me. I built my own PC's and stuff but doing that just goes a bit too far out of my comfort zone.

You say the 2B felt alright for you? can it do the 2phase and 3phase signals that these video's demand?
The 2B will just not work with these triphase files. It will sort of work in regular stereo but it is just not the same. If you decide to build your own device let us know what country you live in and we can help with parts. You really can just start with a very simple setup put together with alligator clips. If there was a commercial device that works with these videos I would have purchased it years ago.
blamauci
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blamauci »

tigereye wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:05 pm
blamauci wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:39 pm

The 2B will just not work with these triphase files. It will sort of work in regular stereo but it is just not the same. If you decide to build your own device let us know what country you live in and we can help with parts. You really can just start with a very simple setup put together with alligator clips. If there was a commercial device that works with these videos I would have purchased it years ago.
Well I live in The Netherlands. I might built a device myself. although im deffo not in a hurry to do that.
jtcrave69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jtcrave69 »

I think you're in the same place I was last year. I wanted to see what this estim was all about without investing too much time in a DIY box, so I bought a 2B and tri-phase cable.

V91 Sync Hero 2 is my favorite, I keep going back to it again and again. It took some experimentation to find the right electrode placement and volume settings. Once I figured out to keep the computer volume low (from 30%-50%) I could feel the stroking sensations that matched the action with the 2B volume between 7-12%. It is also important to keep the A and B channel volume close together or the triphase effect disappears. Moving to larger electrodes was also a big help in avoiding uncomfortable hotspots.

edger477 brings up an interesting point about asymmetric pulses. I use estim system's tri-phase cable that has the common (sleeve) wires connected together.

I recently finished a DIY based on lolol2's design. It's not fancy, components stuck to a piece of wood. I was curious if it would be an improvement over the 2B. I've only had a handful of sessions so far. It's a different experience entirely with the webteases designed for DIY and many videos, sensations were muted or missing with the 2B. The DIY box is much faster at responding to changes in the input signal which leads to a richer sensation.

When using diglet's restim with funscripts, surprisingly once calibrated it is very similar experience to the 2B.

If I were to start over I would build a DIY box and skip the 2B, but I have experience with electronics so it was not scary, just time and work.
jy55usa
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Switch

Post by jy55usa »

jtcrave69 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:18 pm I think you're in the same place I was last year. I wanted to see what this estim was all about without investing too much time in a DIY box, so I bought a 2B and tri-phase cable.

V91 Sync Hero 2 is my favorite, I keep going back to it again and again. It took some experimentation to find the right electrode placement and volume settings. Once I figured out to keep the computer volume low (from 30%-50%) I could feel the stroking sensations that matched the action with the 2B volume between 7-12%. It is also important to keep the A and B channel volume close together or the triphase effect disappears. Moving to larger electrodes was also a big help in avoiding uncomfortable hotspots.

edger477 brings up an interesting point about asymmetric pulses. I use estim system's tri-phase cable that has the common (sleeve) wires connected together.

I recently finished a DIY based on lolol2's design. It's not fancy, components stuck to a piece of wood. I was curious if it would be an improvement over the 2B. I've only had a handful of sessions so far. It's a different experience entirely with the webteases designed for DIY and many videos, sensations were muted or missing with the 2B. The DIY box is much faster at responding to changes in the input signal which leads to a richer sensation.

When using diglet's restim with funscripts, surprisingly once calibrated it is very similar experience to the 2B.

If I were to start over I would build a DIY box and skip the 2B, but I have experience with electronics so it was not scary, just time and work.
I have used that file and others from here with my 2B and it has been great, It DOES have to do with volume settings as well as the actual adjustments you make on the box, and of course the electrodes. But I have had zero actual issues otherwise,