Trying e-stim

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Trying e-stim

Post by SeleniumBurger »

I've been intrigued by the idea of e-stim, particularly when it can be synced up to a video for a properly hands-free experience.

How does it feel? Is it genuinely pleasurable, or is it more of a weird sensation that you grow to enjoy? Basically I'm 50/50 on buying some kit, but it's not cheap. I don't really want to go DIY, so convince me it's worth it!

I was considering something like this, but would welcome recommendations.
https://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?ma ... cts_id=109
labrat
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Trying e-stim

Post by labrat »

The unit you are looking at will not work for the e-stim videos or teases found on Milovana. The only input appears to be a microphone and besides being monophonic (probably), it is also used to convert sound waves into e-stim signals. The signals used here are already e-stim and should not be converted to get the desired effect.

I've always used a DIY box and do not know all of the commercial grade systems available, but most of them seem to do some signal processing which can alter the experience. I'm sure others can give you their recommendations based on their experiences, but the cost of a good unit can be quite high.

There are designs for simple DIY boxes in the "Hardware & Teledildonics" section of the Forum. One of the simplest and most basic designs can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=288189#p288189. I checked the parts in the updated, 10/3/2020 from Parts Express, and they all seem to be available, except the power supply which links to another power supply that looks like a good replacement. The prices have gone up a little since 2020, surprise, but it still would be a much cheaper starting point.

Don't worry too much about a case, you could just mount things to a board for now. There are also ways to make wiring connections that do not require soldering. If you find this to be enjoyable, you can find other more elaborate designs you might want to try, or maybe splurge for a good commercial unit that someone thinks highly of.
Bright_Sprinkler
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bright_Sprinkler »

Instead of the ElectroPebble you can use the 2B (https://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=17). Which does use have a stereo source via 3.5mm stereo socket input.
Also you should get some electric conductive gel depending on the electrodes you use (e.g. Spectra 360 electrode gel).

They are pricey yes, however I would not cheap out, since it could affect your safety and the feeling you get.

I didn't really have grow to enjoy it, it was kind of pleasurable from the beginning.
It may take some time to dial it in correctly (e.g. volume, electrode positions, sound files).
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

I have 2B and I have built several stereo boxes. 2B is ok for stand-alone play and/or when you want to introduce your partner to estim. However, for videos that have synchronized estims, diy-box is better since volume changes are processed differently in 2B and some elaborate effects (triphase) might not work or not work as intended.
modnar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by modnar »

Not every e-stim box is for everybody.

I started off with a simple sensavox EM140, moved onto a 2B, then a ET-312 and made a couple of MK-312's.

I really enjoyed my sensavox but felt like I wanted more options. I had already quite a few attachments so was already invested. I was never really pleased with my 2B, unfortunately it's still sat gathering dust in my drawer. (For me personally, it feels too stingy / like needles stabbing me). the 2B generates monophasic pulses. Something like a 312 or 232 generates Biphasic pulses.
I love my 312 and it is my go to unit right now. Been interested in building an audio box just to see.

Do some research, there are plenty of bigger e-stim communities / discord servers out there.
Many times I've seen people be disappointed by buying the wrong one, and having a bad experience.

Also I noticed in your message about a hands free experience. Please don't expect to achieve this from your first ever session. It's a learning curve to what attachment(s) and position works best for you. Make sure you're hydrated, relaxed.
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeleniumBurger »

Thanks everyone, some more food for thought :-)
andyupnaway
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by andyupnaway »

SeleniumBurger wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:30 pm How does it feel? Is it genuinely pleasurable, or is it more of a weird sensation that you grow to enjoy? Basically I'm 50/50 on buying some kit, but it's not cheap. I don't really want to go DIY, so convince me it's worth it!
Don’t believe there is a 100% same experience or guarantee regarding e-stim. No pun intended but we are all wired different so may physically respond differently to e-stim. I’ve been stimming for a little over 10 years and think it is incredibly pleasurable when done correctly. It does take some time to figure out what works best for you but is well worth it.

If you want to try e-stim on a budget, buy a TENS unit. They are relatively safe and inexpensive. I can personally recommend a TENS 7000 which runs around $33 on Amazon. It will have everything you need to get started and enough power to make it interesting.

I built my first DIY box last year using the same configuration suggested by labrat above (Note: many thanks to other members on this forum for their advice and help). It took e-stim to a whole new level such that the TENS 7000 doesn’t get much use anymore.

If you follow / build according to the diagram and parts suggested, you should be able to build a box for under $70. Always start at low volume levels and gradually increase until you get the sensation you want. Aside from usual common sense safety practices, CAUTION: E-STIM CAN BE ADDICTIVE!!!
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeleniumBurger »

Thanks for the comments, I've done a bit more reading and see why the one I linked to wouldn't work. I appreciate the comments about DIY, but I don't really want to go that route and budget isn't my main concern. So... would the 2B be a good buy for a beginner?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

SeleniumBurger wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:46 pm So... would the 2B be a good buy for a beginner?
As owner of 2B, I would advise you to go to Joanne's discord (you can find link to discord in any of the estim-related discords) and check channels about pulse devices. Maybe you can also find someone selling a MK312 (clone of erostek et312). 2B is not the best choice for playing the teases and videos with estim you can find on this site. I almost never use it since triphase signals are processed in a way that stroking sensations are lost.

Also, if you just want to get something to see if you are into it, then go for cheapest option, like coyote (https://www.dungeon-lab.com/e-stim-unit.php) The main downside compared to 2b would be that it can't accept audio signal as input, and I think it requires app on phone to control (2B has its own knobs).
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeleniumBurger »

Thanks everyone. I joined Joanne's discord and have done a lot more reading and I think I'm now convinced that DIY is the way to go, as suggested above. I didn't really want to, but it sounds like there's no suitable commercial devices available at the moment that would be well suited to teases/heros.