[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.60

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.60

Post by diogaoo »

The new version of Hero Corruption is out.

Hero Corruption v1.60

Changes:
Spoiler: show

DIANA REWORKED
  • Diana gave me as much headache as it gave to you all, so for everyone's sake, say goodbye to Diana and hello to Diana!
  • No more enduring the last hit and dealing with HP regen. Diana now has a completely different moveset.
She still carries her toy, though.
NEW ENEMIES
  • Natalie(Hills)
Someone calls for the doctor?
Natalie may have some controversial methods, but she certainly knows what she is doing.

• Jane(Hills)(Bonus)
What a catch !
Jane is gorgeous and recently single. We don't talk about what happened to her previous boyfriend.
NEW EVENTS
  • Meet Jane
You didn't expect to find such a charming girl just by walking around, did you?
  • Gold Diggers
Did you bring your shovel? Great ! They didn't either !
OTHERS
  • Added two new Bad Endings: Natalie and Jane
  • Added more pics to dreams
  • Added Jane's pics to the Shop
  • Added Bonus Score Points after defeating exclusive Castle enemies
  • Added Natalie to the Heroine quest pool
  • Added new questions for the Trivia Event at the Swamp
BALANCE STUFF

Decreased Heavy Mace Damage +30 > +20
Decreased the chance of being offered the Soul of the Chosen 7% > 5%
Becca now applies Dominated on her last stage (Cowgirl)
Increased Becca's last stage threshold 50 HP > 60 HP (This means that she will advance to the last stage earlier.)
Claire's Stamina no longer increases during her presenting stage
BUG FIXES

Fixed Heavy Mace damage
Fixed damage going wild when switching weapons
Fixed and Updated Diana's Codex page
Fixed Hills Codex page not recognizing unlocked enemies
Fixed a couple of dialog lines not being skippable

If you're interested, head to Patreon and support the development of Hero Corruption:

Right now Hero Corruption is in a transition between the original webtease and an actual game being developed with Ren'py, so this month Hero Corruption 1 was updated to v1.65 and HC2 was updated to v0.25, in addition to new enemies, equipments and bad endings in both games, HC2 also features a new and much better mobile UI, bonus attributes, new achievements and much more...
You can also download the full version of HC2 v0.2 for free here

I really hope you guys have fun with this new version and please let me know if you run into any bugs
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
clshngnr
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.60

Post by clshngnr »

YESS!!! I've been worried that the unreliability of the site had driven you away and this series would be discontinued. Super excited to try out the new version. As always I'm a big fan of your work, and in my opinion this is far and away the best tease on this site.

Edit:

Went through a few "rounds" and encountered a snag/potential bug. The tease froze up around day 6 or so I think. I was able to refresh and load my progress at the exact point it froze up so the previous addition of saving progress everywhere is a godsend. I believe this is my fourth round, but it might be the fifth. So I don't know if its a result of having to run too much with all the info from previous rounds or it could just be on my end of things.
edeioh
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by edeioh »

Amazing!! Lets play :-D :-D :-D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, i already played it once and it was as fun as always!! I missed it! :-D

I make a comment, when I lost having the soul of the demon, It doesn't subtract the corruption points on the score.
Edgemycock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Edgemycock »

here we go!
mammoth9
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by mammoth9 »

By far, the best!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.60

Post by diogaoo »

Thank you so much for the compliments guys !

Being completely open with all of you, Milovana's is an excellent website and the home of Hero Corruption, but as I said to my patrons earlier, it's quite dangerous to dedicate that much time to a project that depends entirely on another platform, that's why I've been going through a transition period for some time now, with the creation of HC2 and diogaoo.com.

Hero Corruption 1 is now almost two years old and I've developed a huge affection for this project, so it's not my intention to end it's development, but I need to recognize that changes must be made. That's why the webstease will keep receiving content, balance and bug fixes updates from time to time, but HC2 is the one that will get the beefy and major monthly updates.

Btw, this can be kinda unrelated, but I'm not very active on other forum sections, so let me just take this opportunity to say that I hope, with all my heart, that Milovana manages to solve their issues and return to the period of stability. Working on your project for days only to be unable to publish or edit it properly can indeed be quite demotivating. The community here is extremely welcoming, there are a lot of great content creators and EOS is a genius tool that makes it possible for anyone to externalize their ideas, even if they don't have a lot of programming knowledge... Milovana really deserves better.
I don't want to sound ungrateful by criticizing something that helped me so much, but it's precisely because I love this website that I hope that some decisions are re-evaluated

Anyway, if you haven't tried HC2 already, I strongly suggest you to, it really scratches the itch of Hero Corruption, but with much improved mechanics. If you don't feel like downloading it, you can play it online on the website or directly at itch.io and see what it's about :love:

-------------------------
clshngnr wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:17 pm Went through a few "rounds" and encountered a snag/potential bug. The tease froze up around day 6 or so I think. I was able to refresh and load my progress at the exact point it froze up so the previous addition of saving progress everywhere is a godsend. I believe this is my fourth round, but it might be the fifth. So I don't know if its a result of having to run too much with all the info from previous rounds or it could just be on my end of things.
Yeah, this happened to me more than a few times too, the page just freezes at no particular time.
I believe it has something to do with the memory allocated to the browser, but luckily, as you said, reloading the page seems to solve the problem.
Play Hero Corruption 1
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

It is nearly impossible to get to 7FoundBattleJane. You don't have an entry for it in the 7ExploreBattle
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

grelgen wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:22 am It is nearly impossible to get to 7FoundBattleJane. You don't have an entry for it in the 7ExploreBattle
Hi grelgen, nice to see you again

Jane's spawn is a little different from the other enemies, first you have to "unlock" her in the Hills event, from there she will spawn during Hills exploration in all runs.

She doesn't really have a set spawn time, which makes her a little harder to find, but she drops a lot more gold than any other common enemy in the game.
Think of her as a bonus rare enemy.
Play Hero Corruption 1
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

If you fail to unlock her the first time you see her, she never shows up again. so you have to get at least 5 corruption before you visit the hills to even have a chance. There is a line in the conversation with (5 corruption) in purple. are we supposed to get corrupted at that point?
clshngnr
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by clshngnr »

grelgen wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:50 pm If you fail to unlock her the first time you see her, she never shows up again. so you have to get at least 5 corruption before you visit the hills to even have a chance. There is a line in the conversation with (5 corruption) in purple. are we supposed to get corrupted at that point?
You are a Legend for posting this. I was just chalking my lack of running into her as part of the game where there are so many enemies that the percentages just kept not picking her.
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FatherDarkness »

Jane's addiction check isn't working properly. I had Addiction (1-16):3 and it proceeded to "great decision". Then on the next check when I struggle it shows Addiction (1-0): 1.

I really like having a benefit to carrying around a bit of corruption, because up to this point there has been no benefit unless you are trying fun things with the weapons from the bosses, and those are few and far between.

Natalie is a really neat idea. I really like how that scenario plays out.

The gold diggers don't seem to do much. I have received an item from them when I have a low score, but other than that I haven't been able to identify an effect. Based on the text I assume it should add or remove gold, but I haven't noticed that happening (it is entirely possible I'm not paying close enough attention though)
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

grelgen wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:50 pm If you fail to unlock her the first time you see her, she never shows up again. so you have to get at least 5 corruption before you visit the hills to even have a chance. There is a line in the conversation with (5 corruption) in purple. are we supposed to get corrupted at that point?
To unlock Jane in the game, you have to fail her Corruption check, yeah.
I don't really see a problem with lowering the amount of min. Corruption from 5 to, let's say, 3.
But keep in mind that failing her check also increases the hero's Corruption, which can be quite a deal breaker

---------------
FatherDarkness wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:14 am Jane's addiction check isn't working properly. I had Addiction (1-16):3 and it proceeded to "great decision". Then on the next check when I struggle it shows Addiction (1-0): 1.

I really like having a benefit to carrying around a bit of corruption, because up to this point there has been no benefit unless you are trying fun things with the weapons from the bosses, and those are few and far between.

Natalie is a really neat idea. I really like how that scenario plays out.
Hi Darkness, long time no see !

Jane should be fixed now, thanks for your report
FatherDarkness wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:14 am The gold diggers don't seem to do much. I have received an item from them when I have a low score, but other than that I haven't been able to identify an effect. Based on the text I assume it should add or remove gold, but I haven't noticed that happening (it is entirely possible I'm not paying close enough attention though)
I just checked the code and Gold diggers should be working as intended, they indeed change their behavior according to the Hero's Honor:
From 0 to 200: They give you a dagger
From 200 to 400: They give you 20 gold
Above 400: They steal 20 gold

For comparison purposes, having between 400 and 700 honor, townspeople usually comment "Hey 'user'! Keep up the good work!" and "'user', can I hold your stuff?", ...
And I'm glad you liked Natalie, I must admit she's become one of my favorites :-P
Play Hero Corruption 1
cpunk3030
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: None of the above

Post by cpunk3030 »

Bug:
When fighting Leona she knocked the Fallen Champion Sword out of my Hero's hands but the game said she knocked the "fsword" or something like that instead of the name the user normally sees.
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

diogaoo wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:22 am To unlock Jane in the game, you have to fail her Corruption check, yeah.
I don't really see a problem with lowering the amount of min. Corruption from 5 to, let's say, 3.
But keep in mind that failing her check also increases the hero's Corruption, which can be quite a deal breaker
It would be nice to have multiple chances to unlock her.
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

Wonderful game. Really nice how you manage to make both versions similar, but different, instead of just updating the games with the same girls. I don't understand why Jane is locked behind a Corruption check, her path doesn't feel like it is needed. And, as much as I understand HC 1 will become outdated, your site, while having a comprehensive changelog of it, doesn't have some sort of wiki, so everyone could see how many or which girls are in each area, and if they have a bad ending or not.