pmvstash.org is here to help organize your Cock Hero collection!📦✨

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

robs
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: pmvstash.org is here to help organize your Cock Hero collection!📦✨

Post by robs »

scottay wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:21 am ...but a good chunk of my collection is PMV and Cock Hero type content, and this Metadata Provider has allowed me to FINALLY organize that portion of my collection.
:love: :love: :love:
That is almost all of my content, so I'm glad you are looped in now.
I try to update all the PMVs I scrape, but that is a herculean task!

The DLNC streaming in Stash is atrocious, but at least it reencodes for you if you have ffmpeg, unlike Windows Media Player...

I'm thinking of reinstalling Serviio after using Stash for streaming because it does a better job, but it uses SO MUCH CPU, GPU and network bandwidth that it kills my server and floods the network!

I wish I was a programmer, so I could invent a better DLNC interface for Stash.
scottay
Explorer
Explorer

Post by scottay »

Herculean task is probably the best explanation! Hence why this part of my collection has gone unorganized... I organized a few as a test, and I'm stunned that there is a fairly comprehensive cast list. That's freaking AMAZING! Just chasing down the cast on some of these can be a feat on its own, so having a pre-built catalog is fantastic. Is there a Patreon or anything for this? This is something I'd gladly contribute to, I love supporting the folks who make things better/easier.

I agree with you on the streaming... Locally I'm fine (I have a beefy computer), but some of the time I'm remote, so I VPN and connect that way, and I'm always fuddling with various encoding options trying to find one that won't chop the video up.
book_guy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by book_guy »

tommarr wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:04 pm Did you check the documentation? Basics for scrapers are available here https://docs.stashapp.cc/beginner-guide ... -scraping/

Instead of stashdb, you can add pmvstash or whatever metadata provider if you wish
I have only now found your post, because I don't log in to Milovana much any more. So, I do thank you for your attempt at helping me.

I do have stash-app up and (vaguely) running but when I try to read the documentation I find that there is a giant wall of text which does not in any way give a shit about its readers, and when I try to enter the given coordinates I get errors which, again, state things that are not germane to the situation. I'm glad to have tried and now abandon the project because it's clear to me that the people who think they want us to join in, are actually people who like to make things difficult so that only their approved special friends can join in.

Kind of like my ageing Aunt felt when her bank told her she had to stop phoning in for her balance because it's available on her smart phone. She doesn't have a smart phone, so she simply withdrew her four million dollars of deposits from the bank because she felt like the bank didn't want her badly enough for her to put forth the effort for them any more.

Done. Again.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Are you missing a cock-hero video?
Me too. Since September 1, 2020, my Mega Sharing Zones contents are being removed by Mega.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
m8
Explorer
Explorer

Post by m8 »

book_guy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 pmit's clear to me that the people who think they want us to join in, are actually people who like to make things difficult so that only their approved special friends can join in.
Sorry, but your attitude feels wrong. Stash-app is free and open-source software... so who exactly do you think cares if you're using it or not? It's not some secret club, but simply that pedagogical documentation for non-engineers is difficult -- especially when a software is still in its active development phases.

Though I can 100% understand your frustration when I read OP's post on page 3; that was an extremely cringe passive-aggressive fedora-style "explanation" that would leave me confused as well, despite the fact I've used and contributed to stash-app for several years now. So if you want, feel free to say exactly what errors you encountered in your most recent post, and I can try to help; otherwise, don't get caught up on it, and have a nice day :)
davedong13
Explorer
Explorer

Post by davedong13 »

Registered! I'm a new Stash user, so thanks for the quick guide about adding a Metadata Provider. I'm also checking out the other metadata providers you mentioned - this seems like the tool i have been waiting for to fulfill my data hoarding destiny. You're my hero, Scholar :flowers:

edit: for the next person following along, this is where i found the StashDB registration key https://guidelines.stashdb.org/docs/faq ... an-account
The Carnal Scholar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by The Carnal Scholar »

davedong13 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:31 am Registered! I'm a new Stash user, so thanks for the quick guide about adding a Metadata Provider. I'm also checking out the other metadata providers you mentioned - this seems like the tool i have been waiting for to fulfill my data hoarding destiny. You're my hero, Scholar :flowers:

edit: for the next person following along, this is where i found the StashDB registration key https://guidelines.stashdb.org/docs/faq ... an-account
:love:

The real heroes are all the PMV artists, the hundreds of people who have submitted metadata to pmvstash.org over the past year, and the few key people who put together The Great PMV Archive.

:band:

I'm just the messenger.