[RELEASE] MTF new play modes

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

[RELEASE] MTF new play modes

Post by JeriKING »

Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last post and I promised new content for MTF and the missing cards, so here we are.

First I want to introduce the Challenge deck playmode, it's basically the same game but with premade decks that are meant to be played with the exact cards they come with, every challenge deck will have some kind of new mechanic or twist

Challenge deck #1: The slumbering heroines
https://mega.nz/file/nMR3xYCB#fYtrbfAUx ... 3TPkN8kasw

This deck uses the new Awakened keyword, all cards in this deck have effects that only activate whenever they are awakened by another card effect, if it's not awakened you just ignore that effect.

And regarding the missing cards, they were created as a part of another game mode, the MTF Champions. In which you've to face a boss with a set of cards, every boss has it's own distinct cards and an HP value, the game goes like this, you draw a card face it and then deal 1 damage to the boss, then reshuffle all the cards together again. You win when the boss HP is 0.
To create a boss deck you have to mix all the boss cards (except the boss card with the HP values, that remains onfield always) with another module of cards and you're ready to go. For now there are 8 different bosses and a bunch of modular sets, for the first time you face a boss I recommend using the Standard modular set (or the Hard/Expert if you're feeling like it), then test another one in your second run.

MTF Champions:
https://mega.nz/file/TBh3VQ5B#2h6H2iIaG ... McTON5GBmU

Almost all of these cards can be mixed with the regular MTF cards if you wish to do so, just mind that challenge deck cards are meant to be played together and the MTF Champions cards are harder to beat, the only ones that can't be mixed are the boss card with the HP values.

Please let me know what you think about these new playmodes, any feedback is useful!
stolenprofile
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [RELEASE] MTF new play modes

Post by stolenprofile »

Thanks for your work. It's a fantastic game.

I have a question. According to your explanation, for the first time it's better to mix a boss module (for example lucy) + the standard module. In this way we get a 15 cards deck. Unfortunately the v2.2 player only works with a minimum of 30 cards. Am I doing something wrong?
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE] MTF new play modes

Post by JeriKING »

Thanks for your feedback!
Yep, MTF Champions it's not compatible with MTF v2.2, but Webnarlock is working on a version where you can play this new mode.

Also I have some new content to share!
Challenge deck #2: Crushing combo
https://mega.nz/file/qM5iELSa#6XUamqT1R ... mVc--Z5QIE
This deck uses the new Combo X keyword, the cards with these keyword have additional effects that only activate if you have X cards or more in your hand. Don't discard the cards of your hand until you have beat all of them.

Hope you like this new set of cards