New estim tracks for CH videos

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: New estim tracks for CH videos

Post by diglet »

UFungus wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:15 pm My only request right now would be to have it remember the "Reduce volume by %" setting for pauses. For whatever reason it's the only setting that doesn't stay between sessions. If I can help in any way, please let me know.
Thanks for the kind words. I plan on opening a new topic at some point, hopefully consolidate some of the tips.

Not saving the volume settings is a safety feature. The idea was that users can forget this feature exists, which may cause them to calibrate their box to the inactive volume. When the script starts playing, the volume "unexpectedly" increases. Resetting the setting on startup ensures this doesn't happen... Not sure if this is an actual concern.

Thex007 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:00 am Hi Diglet,

I'm keen to try restim but I am using a 2in1 tablet/laptop that only runs 32bit Windows 10.
Any chance of building a 32bit Windows version?

I tried installing 32bit Python on the laptop but when I try to run restim.py, it tries to start it but nothing happens for a little while and then it returns back to the command prompt doing nothing.
You should be able to run restim from source, even on 32 bit windows. Maybe you're missing a few packages? I haven't tried running it on 32 bit windows, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I will add 32 bit binaries on the next release.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

Are you sure it is 32 bit x86 windows and not ARM?
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I made a new release, containing 4 and 5-phase generation: https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

To use this features you need a stimbox with 4 audio channels. I will explain below how the setup works.

Attach the wires as:

Electrode 1: Channel 1 black.
Electrode 2: Channel 1 red + channel 2 black.
Electrode 2: Channel 2 red + channel 3 black.
Electrode 2: Channel 3 red + channel 4 black.
Electrode 5: Channel 4 red

it also works if all red/black are swapped.

At this point there is no recommended electrode setup, but I recommend ordering from top to bottom just to make sharing scripts a bit easier.

Configure MFP like this:

Go into settings and configure the audio device. I recommend using WDM-KS, I saw windows audio do strange things in other modes. WDM-KS opens the device in exclusive mode, so it will only work if there are no other programs using the audio device. The channel map depends on your specific audio device, if you click on the button it opens a dialog which lets you easily search for the correct channel map (have a multimeter handy).

Make sure 5-phase is selected on the main screen:

You can calibrate the signals on the 4/5-phase calibration tab. If you want more power to a specific electrode, increase the skin resistance. Want less power, decrease the skin resistance. (wording may change in future release). The transformer resistance affects how much signal from one electrode bleeds through to the other electrodes. It is very difficult to judge the correct value, I think it should be somewhere between 1-2x the average skin resistance.

You can use the sliders to change the power (funscripts will overwrite the slider values). The phase diagram and the pattern generator are not functional for 4/5-phase. There currently is no visual indicator for the signals.

I made a few patterns (download the zip with test patterns in the release). The test patterns are very simple, a simple rotation. Each file repeats the same pattern over and over again, the files differ in intensity and speed. I recommend renaming a random video to match the calibration pattern name, and then opening that video in OpenFunScripter, so you can see what's going on. This also enables you to make your own patterns.

The 5 funscript axis are simply the 5 electrode power levels. If you try do so something that's impossible, restim will project to the most similar valid signal.

At this point there is no funscript conversion, need to do a lot more testing to figure out how that should work.
Thex007
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Thex007 »

edger477 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:41 pm Are you sure it is 32 bit x86 windows and not ARM?
Its definitely 32 bit x86 windows. The laptop is an ASUS T100 and has an Atom processor.
I've had it for a while and have upgraded it from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
Its a great little thing but has been hobbled by having a BIOS that only supports a 32bit OS even though the Atom processor supports 64bit.
Thex007
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Thex007 »

diglet wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:22 pm You should be able to run restim from source, even on 32 bit windows. Maybe you're missing a few packages? I haven't tried running it on 32 bit windows, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
I will add 32 bit binaries on the next release.
Thanks.
I see you have built a 32 bit version. I'll give it a go over the next few days and see how it goes.
LondonGent
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by LondonGent »

Belatedly wandering into this thread to ask if there is any way to make it spit out MP3 files, instead of live audio? These would be much easier to apply further editing to, and then to share with others.

Restim seems to do a few of the tricks I've been doing manually in Audacity and could make a very useful tool for authoring stim files, but only if there is some way to save the result rather than expecting every user to manually configure it every time.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

There is a script that does this, funscript_to_wav.py. You can use this if you have a bit of coding knowledge.

I might add a button in the user interface to do this, since I've gotten a few requests about this... Personally, I don't really see the point as calibration parameters will be different for every setup and user. I see more value in distributing funscripts than distributing audio.

Meanwhile, you can also record some snippets by saving the audio with voicemeeter.
Hopper725
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopper725 »

Here is to being hopeful that someday this will be offered in such a way to allow the not so tech savvy users to try this out. I'm on a MAC mainly but also have a windows machine I could try. I'm just not so sure I would be successful getting it to work, I see a lot of coding language being tossed around and I am simply not strong in those aspects. But I love the discussion and maybe someday it will be easier for the average guy to test drive.

Keep innovating!

Hop
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

Hopper725 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:37 am Here is to being hopeful that someday this will be offered in such a way to allow the not so tech savvy users to try this out. I'm on a MAC mainly but also have a windows machine I could try. I'm just not so sure I would be successful getting it to work, I see a lot of coding language being tossed around and I am simply not strong in those aspects. But I love the discussion and maybe someday it will be easier for the average guy to test drive.

Keep innovating!

Hop
It was pretty easy to run on Linux, hopefully it would be the same on Mac. You'll have to google instructions for how to install Python and pip, since that probably depends on your platform, but then I think all you need to do is:

1) Download and install Intiface Central for Mac: https://intiface.com/central/
2) Start Intiface Central and click "Start server", then leave it running in the background.
3) Download and unpack latest non-beta release
4) Open a terminal in the unpacked restim folder and run this command to install dependencies

Code: Select all

pip install -r requirements.txt
5) Start restim

Code: Select all

python restim.py
6) Calibrate restim
7) Open restim preferences and enable "Buttplug (WSDM)" at the bottom of the dialogue. You can disable the other servers, since I think those are only useful for some Windows-only programs, but I don't think it matters if you leave them on.
8) Restart restim, it should now connect to Intiface Central.
9) Got to faptap.net, click the connect button in top right corner, then "connect other device", select Intiface, and press the connect button

Playing any video on faptap should now send signals to Intiface, which in turn sends signals to restim. Unfortunately all the other sites I've found are locked to Handy only, and do not support Intiface.

After the first run, you only have to do steps 2, 8 and 9
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

In addition to the steps outlined above, you also have to modify some intiface-central configuration files as described on the wiki: https://github.com/diglet48/restim/wiki/Buttplug-setup

Restim works on many platforms, but most of the software that interfaces with Restim (multifunplayer, scriptplayer) sadly only work on windows.
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

diglet wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:36 pm In addition to the steps outlined above, you also have to modify some intiface-central configuration files as described on the wiki: https://github.com/diglet48/restim/wiki/Buttplug-setup

Restim works on many platforms, but most of the software that interfaces with Restim (multifunplayer, scriptplayer) sadly only work on windows.
Speaking of that, I don't know if it's the 2.4 release of Intiface Central or something else, but I now need to modify that file every time I restart Intiface now. For me it replaces the content of the file with:
{"version":{"major":2,"minor":0},"user-configs":{"devices":[{"identifier":{"address":"00000000","protocol":"tcode-v03","identifier":"restim"},"config":{"index":0}}]}}
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

UFungus wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:17 pm Speaking of that, I don't know if it's the 2.4 release of Intiface Central or something else, but I now need to modify that file every time I restart Intiface now. For me it replaces the content of the file with:
Thanks for reporting, I can reproduce this problem on version 2.4. Will fix.

The previous version of Intiface central (version 2.3) didn't have this problem.

Edit: qDot (the Intiface Central developer) says: this is a bug and he will fix it.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

diglet wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:07 pm Edit: qDot (the Intiface Central developer) says: this is a bug and he will fix it.
Would it be possible to extend either intiface or restim in order for them to work together automatically, without having to manually create this file?

Also I've got a fair bit of progress on my synchronized media player. It plays video + estim audio on separate audio devices, so I'm beginning to look into funscript playback and connection to intiface and restim.. I had an idea about integrating restim as a plugin/submodule for the media player, if you're interested. Was thinking it would be more user friendly if one doesn't need to open different applications, and that it ought to be relatively easy since both apps are written with PyQt, but I just realizes that you're using PyQt5 and I'm using pyside6
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

qDot is working on adding UI controls to Intiface Central for configuring custom devices. Has been taking a while, though.

I think you can integrate all the audio generation math from restim (restim/stim_math) into your application quite easily, you will have to rewrite the UI components and driver interface. I think it's easier (less dev time) to just connect to restim over websocket. I don't think it makes any sense to maintain two separate GUI's for configuring estim signals.
Thex007
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Thex007 »

I finally managed to get restim to work on my 32bit Windows 2-1 laptop/tablet.
Both the python and win32 exe would not run on my laptop and finally worked out that there seems to be an issue with the latest version of the python 32 bit numpy module. I downgraded the numpy version from 1.24 to 1.23 and the python version of restim now runs so I am able to perform the calibration and generate the alpha and beta funscript files.

I then realised that there isn't a 32bit version of multifunplayer so I am not able to play a funscript through restim in real time but I was able to use the funscript_to_wav.py script to generate the mp3 file. I had to run this on a more powerful PC as 2Gb of RAM on my laptop just wouldn't cut it.

Thank you Diglet for developing restim. Even on something like the Coyote that processes the signals compared to a DIY stereostim box, the end result I managed to get on my first go was pretty good.