[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.90

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.15

Post by diogaoo »

jepalt wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:55 pm I just discovered this game and i'm loving it! Looking forward for updates, maybe longer dialogue lines could be a thing for the future, if i can give a suggestion!
Of course jepalt, you can and should give suggestions ! Thank you so much for that ! :love:

Coincidentally, I've received this same suggestion last month. So right now, I'm actually trying to strike a balance between the amount of text and game flow, the ideal is that there should be enough text to describe the situation, but also be possible to skip it all with just one click.
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
Bee4
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bee4 »

I downloaded the previous separate app and don't want to start over. Is it still possible to continue?
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

Hi! I managed to get my save from 0.15 to 0.2, but it didn't carried over my achievements. It did carry over defeated enemies, since I unlocked Samantha's Hunter after one battle, but not the others.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Bee4 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:49 am I downloaded the previous separate app and don't want to start over. Is it still possible to continue?
Hey Bee, you could try copying the folder located at "...\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\HeroCorruption2-1648729160" and replace the one responsible for the persistent data on your Android device, but this is quite a stretch and I'm not sure if it will work...

-------------
cristovaop wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:02 pm Hi! I managed to get my save from 0.15 to 0.2, but it didn't carried over my achievements. It did carry over defeated enemies, since I unlocked Samantha's Hunter after one battle, but not the others.
Achievements are behaving weirdly between updates, on some machines everything seems to work just fine fine, but on others, achievements are the only variables being deleted, which seems to be your case.
Just to be sure, are you playing on Windows?
Play Hero Corruption 1
Sco3h
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Sco3h »

Hey will hc2 be able to implement clips or gifs or just pictures?
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Sco3h wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:17 am Hey will hc2 be able to implement clips or gifs or just pictures?
Hi Sco, as far as I know, ren'py does not support animated .gif files

Maybe short clips could be done manually in a slideshow style, but to be honest, I prefer to stay within the limitations of the engine and just use .jpgs and maybe transition to .webp in the future.
I hope you understand.
Play Hero Corruption 1
MayaAnalEdgingSlut
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.2

Post by MayaAnalEdgingSlut »

Heya,

after playing the milovana online version for a while I just discovered this as well and I really like it :) Aside from general expansion which I am sure you're working on, here are a few thoughts:

A suggestion for the achivements: Right now I have a few but the achievements site shows only the purple lock. It would be nice to have an indicator of what has been unlocked so far. Maybe even clickable to a pic or so. Oh and my achievements do not seem to be persistent but only store the ones gotten during the last run/ start of the game.

Encountering the levelboss again in a maybe slightly weaker version would go down well with me.

Seeing the addictions/corruptions stat on the screen while in base or during an encounter could be interesting. Maybe as a customization that you can turn on and off?
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

diogaoo wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:25 pm
cristovaop wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:02 pm Hi! I managed to get my save from 0.15 to 0.2, but it didn't carried over my achievements. It did carry over defeated enemies, since I unlocked Samantha's Hunter after one battle, but not the others.
Achievements are behaving weirdly between updates, on some machines everything seems to work just fine fine, but on others, achievements are the only variables being deleted, which seems to be your case.
Just to be sure, are you playing on Windows?
Windows, but maybe I did something wrong when merging. I just copy-pasted the save folder into the newly extracted game.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.2

Post by diogaoo »

MayaAnalEdgingSlut wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:01 am Heya,

after playing the milovana online version for a while I just discovered this as well and I really like it :) Aside from general expansion which I am sure you're working on, here are a few thoughts:

A suggestion for the achivements: Right now I have a few but the achievements site shows only the purple lock. It would be nice to have an indicator of what has been unlocked so far. Maybe even clickable to a pic or so. Oh and my achievements do not seem to be persistent but only store the ones gotten during the last run/ start of the game.

Encountering the levelboss again in a maybe slightly weaker version would go down well with me.

Seeing the addictions/corruptions stat on the screen while in base or during an encounter could be interesting. Maybe as a customization that you can turn on and off?
Hi Maya, thank you so much for your suggestions !

Although I don't think I understood the achievement issue, the purple locks only appear for achievements that haven't been unlocked yet, after that they are replaced by small pics and placed at the top of the list.
As you may have noticed by cristovao's reply, it seems that everyone has a different experience when it comes to achievements.
Are you playing the Windows downloadable version too? Or on a browser?

And you're right, a small screen with real-time updates of Addictions would really be so much better, I just fear for the performance. Currently there is already the update of debuffs and buffs in real time, and that already makes me a little unsure.
But I'll give it a try and if there isn't a performance hit, I don't see why not.

-----------
cristovaop wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:47 pm Windows, but maybe I did something wrong when merging. I just copy-pasted the save folder into the newly extracted game.
I don't believe that was the reason, persistent data is actually saved in "...AppData\Roaming\RenPy\HeroCorruption2-1648729160" and in theory, you don't even need to copy and paste the "saves" folder.

In the next update, if it happens again, would you mind trying to run the old version right before playing the new one to check if the achievements are still there? It would really help me a lot !
Play Hero Corruption 1
ACoolCar
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.25

Post by ACoolCar »

Hello,

When I play the version 0.25 version on my tablet, I notice that the first bar on the left is much longer than the 2 touchable bars on the right during combat, the text on the right 2 bars isn't visible since there's only a tiny part of those bars are visible

The first left bar being a lot longer than the right bars is a bigger problem in combat than in exploration although it sometimes affects sleep.

Let me know if you fixed the problem please.

Thanks.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

ACoolCar wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:27 pm Hello,

When I play the version 0.25 version on my tablet, I notice that the first bar on the left is much longer than the 2 touchable bars on the right during combat, the text on the right 2 bars isn't visible since there's only a tiny part of those bars are visible

The first left bar being a lot longer than the right bars is a bigger problem in combat than in exploration although it sometimes affects sleep.

Let me know if you fixed the problem please.

Thanks.
Hey CC, yeah I let it slip a UI bug for tablet users :-/

Don't worry tho, it's been fixed in v0.30, should be available to the public early next month with the release of version 0.35.
Play Hero Corruption 1
jasonY
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by jasonY »

Just started playing this now. Its a good bit of fun. Crashed out twice on windows 10 though, not sure if its a hardware problem or something else
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

jasonY wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:58 pm Just started playing this now. Its a good bit of fun. Crashed out twice on windows 10 though, not sure if its a hardware problem or something else
Hey Jason, glad you're enjoying it

Crashing is definitely not normal, if it happens again, please send me a copy of the crash log so I can look into what might be going on
Play Hero Corruption 1
jasonY
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by jasonY »

diogaoo wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:43 pm
jasonY wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:58 pm Just started playing this now. Its a good bit of fun. Crashed out twice on windows 10 though, not sure if its a hardware problem or something else
Hey Jason, glad you're enjoying it

Crashing is definitely not normal, if it happens again, please send me a copy of the crash log so I can look into what might be going on
Thanks, i will do but it seems ok at the moment. I updated windows and my drivers so it may have been that, time will tell
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

Enjoying the game so far. But each time i go to the Tavern for work it say "come back next month" ... im on day 48 now so im confused :P is this a bug?