[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.85

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.65

Post by diogaoo »

sxdoctor wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:24 pm how do you encounter Melissa? :)
Hey doc !

Melissa is the new bonus enemy, you have a chance of being invited to her house after completing at least five jobs in the tavern. The more jobs you do, the greater your chance of receiving the invitation.

In her house:
Spoiler: show
You can try to make her reach climax with a slightly more complex version of the side-job system, doing this will reward you with a lot of gold, double the amount of a common side-job.

If your hero happens to orgasm, the real encounter will begin. Defeating her in this state will unlock her gallery.
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

Hi! Really happy with the new public build. Been hunting the lost achievements due to the need to erase all progression, and have a couple of suggestions. The first is to add brackets to the name of the girl with her location, like [FOREST] Laura or [PLAINS] Liz, for ease to hunt later. This could be linked to a "previous defeated by" (or won against) the girl, to avoid too much spoiler since, for now, the only spoiler you can get in the achiev screen is the name of the girl and the name of the bad end. So I don't know when I "fully" explored one map (excluding bosses). The second is adding some sort of password for each achievement, a simple string that the player can add in later builds of the game to avoid repeating the hunt for those.
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

Sad that Melissa just disapeares if you did job once. To trigger dreams i need to get more corruption and 1 big addiction like in early versions of HC?
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

cristovaop wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:19 pm Hi! Really happy with the new public build. Been hunting the lost achievements due to the need to erase all progression, and have a couple of suggestions. The first is to add brackets to the name of the girl with her location, like [FOREST] Laura or [PLAINS] Liz, for ease to hunt later. This could be linked to a "previous defeated by" (or won against) the girl, to avoid too much spoiler since, for now, the only spoiler you can get in the achiev screen is the name of the girl and the name of the bad end. So I don't know when I "fully" explored one map (excluding bosses). The second is adding some sort of password for each achievement, a simple string that the player can add in later builds of the game to avoid repeating the hunt for those.
Hi cristovao,

Would this location be in the description of the achievements? That's a good idea, but as achievements are persistent variables, changing them now would require a hard reset for all players, which I have no plans to do in the near future, but I will definitely revisit the idea when the date of a new wipe approaching.

About the passwords: That would be A LOT of passwords, so you would probably have to keep typing for a few minutes. Maybe a better idea would be a password to unlock all achievements?... That would defeat the purpose of achievements so I'm not sure :-/

-------------------
putkarak wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:13 pm Sad that Melissa just disapeares if you did job once. To trigger dreams i need to get more corruption and 1 big addiction like in early versions of HC?
Nope, just high corruption.
Dreams should be triggered when you start hearing the BadEnd's beeping sound during encounters
Play Hero Corruption 1
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cristovaop »

diogaoo wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:22 am Would this location be in the description of the achievements? That's a good idea, but as achievements are persistent variables, changing them now would require a hard reset for all players, which I have no plans to do in the near future, but I will definitely revisit the idea when the date of a new wipe approaching.
I would love to look at a snippet of your code. I cannot shake the feeling you're hard-coding something that could just be a callable variable, and thus making a persistent variable have no room to be just renamed without a hard reset.
Other way to help players hunt for lost girls would be to have, at each visit to the tavern, the waitress to tell about "generic description without giving the name, but foreshadowing the main combat gimmick" girl in X place, and have a "challenger approaching" image on the respective "bestiary". Looking at it now you can't tell if you found all available girls in a map.

Do you plan to return with the church bad ending? I cannot wait for next month and the next build. Good job!

EDIT: Also, what does the Stalker trait actually does?
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

cristovaop wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:18 pm I would love to look at a snippet of your code. I cannot shake the feeling you're hard-coding something that could just be a callable variable, and thus making a persistent variable have no room to be just renamed without a hard reset.
Other way to help players hunt for lost girls would be to have, at each visit to the tavern, the waitress to tell about "generic description without giving the name, but foreshadowing the main combat gimmick" girl in X place, and have a "challenger approaching" image on the respective "bestiary". Looking at it now you can't tell if you found all available girls in a map.

Do you plan to return with the church bad ending? I cannot wait for next month and the next build. Good job!

EDIT: Also, what does the Stalker trait actually does?
Sorry for making you wait cristovao, I've sent you the code via DM.

No plans for the church BE right now, I'm out of ideas for it :weep: ... Maybe in the future?

The thing with Stalker trait is that it's pretty hard to put in just a few words:
Every girl in HC2 have a specific time of the day in which their spawn rate is set to 50%, you can check this time in the Enemy Profile page. Stalker increase the spawn rate from 50% to 100%, meaning that you'll always find the girl you're looking for if you explore within her time frame.
Play Hero Corruption 1
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.70

Post by cristovaop »

Answered the DM.

For Stalker, it is indeed hard to it in as few words as possible. Maybe "You'll always encounter the perfect girl for that timeframe"?Even so, it would need a way to explain what is the perfect girl...

Now, Iron Fist and Pacificist are two traits that combo nice together. Do you intent to implement some kind of way to lock out some trait options that may seem contradictory?
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

Hello, i triggered BE with new boss but how to trigger 2nd new BE? I tried it with new girl but BE doesnt shows up. I found new event girl and she just disapeared... anyone have ideas?
update: i saw the achievement with Tess and tried multiple times in her event time and its worked nvm.
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

Hi, glad to see you still releasing quality updates! :-)

Gave 0.7 a good spin, looks good, loved Tess!
New boss in tavern is also noteworthy .. :-)

Hard mode is hard .. :-)
But once it flips to farming, well, it's farmable. Took a few rounds to get there, eventually I went until day 95-ish before trying the Tower.

Never touched Jungle in that actual world as at least Caroline grows every meet. Swamp works fine for farm (per day: 4 kills, 2 pots, a tavern job and all necessary prayers at church, staying at 0 addictions from tavern money).
Tower, got to floor 341.
Lost to "broken" with Michelle (at 105 addiction). From difficulty pov, I play with shemales off.

Enough CON for lust immunity, Calm mind, Heart pendant +14, Hammer, 30 att (122 heavy), enough AGI for 23 regen per wait (wanted 20, took some extra for dodging Cassandra), 540 hp, ~500 lust.

Pots, 10 stacks of all restoration pots, didn't use most, needed even less.
Took 28(roughly) blue pots with me, used them pretty well, maybe wasted 10 points total.

It was fun for the first 100 floors, after that it was obvious that I'd die only to a forcible "broken" or some other check like Caroline just outgrowing me (that would've taken a while still thou :-) ).

As for improvements, in case someone wants to go for a 1k-run in the tower.. getting more Att to reduce addiction growth, and of course bringing MORE (and MORE) blue pots. Basically, farming a whole lot more :-P

I was wondering about the "Hero?" achievement (get lost after 50) - now that I read the "tower introduction" patch notes, I should lose to a non-BE-girl twice? Hmm, that'll take a different approach, I'd have to be able to lose :-P

Couple random bugs, nothing too major:
During the Tower, I had "Calm mind" listed 4 times in my traits, each meditation kill giving a new one. Don't think it broke anything thou.

Calm mind doesn't seem to do anything until you reach some treshold (lust at 10% of max?). It's fine if intentional, just makes it feel a little weird.

Couple typos off the top of my head:
Charlotte when submitting to a BJ: should be "Excellent", instead of "Excelent"
Tower "explore screen" says "procceding" => "proceeding"

One bug from an older version (0.50?), as I saved a crash log (attached, gave it windows treatment:
HC050-traceback-win.txt.zip
(773 Bytes) Downloaded 78 times
). Sadly I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I remember having just cleared addictions at the church and then running into Michelle. The log says a "range issue", I think it's just failing to do a range with 0 addiction.
May have been fixed already, of course - but might be worth a check, it was a full on crash of the game.
Thanks for the entertainment! .. or addiction, whichever this is :-P
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

cristovaop wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:40 pm Now, Iron Fist and Pacificist are two traits that combo nice together. Do you intent to implement some kind of way to lock out some trait options that may seem contradictory?
Nope, I take extra care not to add traits that may conflict with another, I think this helps keeping things intuitive and rewards creativity.
If you discover a build with two or more traits that seems broken, go crazy. If it's too OP, I might tweak it's values in the future but there won't be anything stopping you from enjoying your discovery.

---------------------------------
spaisin wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:21 pm
Wow, day 95 and floor 341? That's really impressive, I myself didn't make it that far, and even more impressive is the fact that
nothing broke the game :-P
And what makes me even happier is that you used the refinement system for your accessory, for some reason people seem to forget that it exists :weep:

spaisin wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:21 pm Sadly I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I remember having just cleared addictions at the church and then running into Michelle. The log says a "range issue", I think it's just failing to do a range with 0 addiction.
I was just messing around with a couple of old lines yesterday and found this issue, even asked myself: "How come no one report this yet?", Well...There it is.

Typos will be fixed asap and I'll be looking into the Calm Mind stuff, thanks spaisin !
Play Hero Corruption 1
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.75

Post by cristovaop »

Loving the new 0.75 release. Good to see Molly back.

Did you rigged the new Tavern girls to always show up upon first choosing that addiction? If yes, nice way to show new content. If not, RNG blessed me.

Molly's trait is really nice, didn't played too far with it, so I can't say if it would need tweak on the value. Maybe reduce (switch) part of the damage instead of adding to it? (So, instead of being hit for 100 + 33, go 67+33? May prove to be a good way to face physical damage-heavy girls). There's a typo in Molly's dialogue, "I won't (tell) anyone you like pain" or something. Missed the verb.

Keep up the good work!
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

Hello, browser version currently unavailable on your website. Did you fully stopped to support browser version? or update will release in next days? Thanks.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

cristovaop wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:41 pm Loving the new 0.75 release. Good to see Molly back.

Did you rigged the new Tavern girls to always show up upon first choosing that addiction? If yes, nice way to show new content. If not, RNG blessed me.
Nope, you're just lucky :-P
cristovaop wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:41 pm
Molly's trait is really nice, didn't played too far with it, so I can't say if it would need tweak on the value. Maybe reduce (switch) part of the damage instead of adding to it? (So, instead of being hit for 100 + 33, go 67+33? May prove to be a good way to face physical damage-heavy girls). There's a typo in Molly's dialogue, "I won't (tell) anyone you like pain" or something. Missed the verb.

Keep up the good work!
Typo fixed in 0.80, thanks for reporting it !
Splitting damage with Molly's trait is not a bad idea, but I feel like it could no longer be considered a bad trait if that were the case, I might implement it as a good trait in the future, thanks for the suggestion :love:

-------------------------------
putkarak wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:06 pm Hello, browser version currently unavailable on your website. Did you fully stopped to support browser version? or update will release in next days? Thanks.
Browser version is a hit or miss with the current hosting. I don't intend to abandon it, but probably won't be updated this month :weep:

Sorry putkarak, I'm sure this is not what you wanted to read...
Play Hero Corruption 1
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.80

Post by Kristycookie »

When I start a new game I never see a tutorial, and I don't see any options to do it. So Is there a way to get the tutorial achievement without resetting my data? Just curious :-P
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.80

Post by diogaoo »

Kristycookie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:40 pm When I start a new game I never see a tutorial, and I don't see any options to do it. So Is there a way to get the tutorial achievement without resetting my data? Just curious :-P
Yup ! Write tutorial as a hero name, this should trigger the tutorial again.
Play Hero Corruption 1