[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.85

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
CantGetAwayWithIt
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.50

Post by CantGetAwayWithIt »

Everything I’ve come across plays nicely, I’m very glad it’s optimized for browsers. I’ve come across a lil problem though. Whenever you re-load your save in the browser edition of the game it seems to reset characters displayed. It doesn’t remove the statistics but if you want to view them you’d have to find and beat that character again.
makovoc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by makovoc »

The game's improved drastically!

Got a couple of thoughts regarding enemies:
Natasha is really too powerful for the starting location like Plains. The lust goes up too quickly, once she uses her "trick" is' all done, so on the first runs it's almost 100% lose if you run into her
Amy is doable however when you miss like 2 times the right "Recover" button (which is pretty likely) the later attempts become almost impossible to hit, the time for reaction is like 0.2-0.5 sec, I am no machine to react that fast

btw, the Escape option differs from HC1, there I could escape with ~80% chance after hitting it on each attempt, here I got an impression that the chance is lower to ~20%, received too many failed attempts (5-8) in a row. How does it work? Probably could tune it a bit and add some perks or items to help to handle it
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

Hi, can you update browser version to 0.50 ? Thanks.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Hi guys ! Sorry to keep you all waiting...

sxdoctor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:31 am Natasha is amazing :P

any bad endings for her in the works?
Sadly no, some girls won't have bad endings and Natasha will probably be one of them...
Sorry to disappoint you, doc :-/

----------------------------------
CantGetAwayWithIt wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:27 am Everything I’ve come across plays nicely, I’m very glad it’s optimized for browsers. I’ve come across a lil problem though. Whenever you re-load your save in the browser edition of the game it seems to reset characters displayed. It doesn’t remove the statistics but if you want to view them you’d have to find and beat that character again.
putkarak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:38 pm Hi, can you update browser version to 0.50 ? Thanks.
To be honest I've been having some problems with the browser version for some time now. The main issue being how to host the app in a reliable way

Currently, the publicly available version is v0.50, even though the bottom right corner says 0.45. You can be sure of this by looking for Nicole and Liz's Bad Endings achievements.

I'll probably have to make some changes to the browser version again, maybe even remove it temporarily.

-----------------------------------
makovoc wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:36 am The game's improved drastically!

Got a couple of thoughts regarding enemies:
Natasha is really too powerful for the starting location like Plains. The lust goes up too quickly, once she uses her "trick" is' all done, so on the first runs it's almost 100% lose if you run into her
Amy is doable however when you miss like 2 times the right "Recover" button (which is pretty likely) the later attempts become almost impossible to hit, the time for reaction is like 0.2-0.5 sec, I am no machine to react that fast

btw, the Escape option differs from HC1, there I could escape with ~80% chance after hitting it on each attempt, here I got an impression that the chance is lower to ~20%, received too many failed attempts (5-8) in a row. How does it work? Probably could tune it a bit and add some perks or items to help to handle it
Natasha is indeed really strong for an initial area, I've been tweaking her a bit: In version 0.55 her lust check no longer decreases and I'll probably tone down the HP required for struggling too

It looks like we're on the same page, I just did a rework of the Confusion debuff and added a few more quick-time events. The minimum time for Confusion is now 90 seconds and it no longer stacks. These changes are already present in version 0.55, which will be publicly available at the beginning of next month.

Yeah, HC2 escape is quite different from HC1, here is how it works:
The game rolls a number between 1 and 100 and adds the hero's agility multiplied by the number of escape attempts, to escape successfully, this number must be greater than 100.

E.G.:Assuming the hero has 12 Agility:
1st attempt: 12 + (1-100 roll)
2nd attempt: 24+ (1-100 roll)
3rd attempt: 36 + (1-100 roll)

Escaping is much harder in the early game than in the late game.
If you're having trouble escaping in the late game you should probably invest a little more in AGI
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

Sadly no, some girls won't have bad endings and Natasha will probably be one of them...
Sorry to disappoint you, doc :-/
no worries :P could i get a list of those in the game who will get bad endings added ? :P heheh ;)
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

sxdoctor wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:53 pm no worries :P could i get a list of those in the game who will get bad endings added ? :P heheh ;)
Right now only Kendra has a BE planned, usually I add a girl along with her Bad Ending, so updating an encounter with a new BE is pretty rare :unsure:
Play Hero Corruption 1
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

diogaoo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:54 am
sxdoctor wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:53 pm no worries :P could i get a list of those in the game who will get bad endings added ? :P heheh ;)
Right now only Kendra has a BE planned, usually I add a girl along with her Bad Ending, so updating an encounter with a new BE is pretty rare :unsure:
Oh kendra will get one? :)

okay. I'm a-okay with this :P hehehe
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

I know you are blazing through new girls right now, but would it be possible to get a list of who all is where? I think I'm missing 3 in the gallery but have no way to checklist them.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

grelgen wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:20 am I know you are blazing through new girls right now, but would it be possible to get a list of who all is where? I think I'm missing 3 in the gallery but have no way to checklist them.
Sure, here's the full list of all enemies in 0.50:
Spoiler: show

FOREST
  • Allie
  • Anastasia
  • Kali
  • Laura
  • Samantha
  • Olivia (Shemale)
  • Sigrid (Boss)
  • Mila (Boss)

PLAINS
  • Bonnie
  • Liz
  • Michelle
  • Natasha
  • Nicole
  • Rebecca (Shemale)

DEEP FOREST
  • Amy
  • Hannah
  • Maya
  • Megan
  • Rei
  • Serena (Shemale)
  • Lexi (Boss)
  • Claire (Boss)

SWAMP
  • April
  • Charlotte
  • Dixie
  • Kendra
  • Paige
  • Cindy (Shemale)
  • Victoria (Boss)
  • Lucy and Angel (Boss)(Shemale)

JUNGLE
  • Bianca
  • Caroline
  • Gabby
  • Polly
Play Hero Corruption 1
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

:w00t:

eagerly awaiting new update :)
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

sxdoctor wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:29 pm :w00t:

eagerly awaiting new update :)
This is quite a big one so it may take a little longer, I just finished adding new content yesterday...
Now I need to do some playtesting and check if everything is working as intended.
Release date is set to October 6th ;-)
Play Hero Corruption 1
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

Gonna be worth the wait i'm sure! so far its been fantastic
Errant__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Errant__ »

Hello!

After a long wait for some updates to build up, I finally decided to bring my minmaxing to HC2! For reference, I played on Hard.
My general impressions are that it has a lot of potential, though it's still a fairly "raw" experience compared to what HC1 had become. Here's a laundry list of thoughts:

- In terms of difficulty, I was able to "beat" (fully clear the jungle, and reach day ~40 or so before I decided to just lose on purpose) the game with the first 4 points upgrades and nothing else. Whether that it is a good or bad thing, I leave to you :)

- Recipes seem really, really rare to drop (I think I only got 3 in my 40 days), whereas materials seem fairly common.

- Starting areas seem imbalanced. Basically Plains >> Forest, because Forest is just a lot more punishing/addiction-building, whereas Plains has several "gimme" fights that add 0 addiction and pose basically 0 threat once you understand the relevant gimmicks.

- The tavern job, at some point, basically becomes a free money button, because you can make enough gold to offset the gain in addiction, and then some. The only "cost" you pay is lust, but that's generally not a big deal.

- I have mixed feelings about the game no longer being timed and instead relying on scaling. On one hand, I *really* like the evolution of some enemies into alternate forms, and to a lesser extent I think it's fine to have enemies get stronger. OTOH, the time limit in HC1 really forced you to push your luck and make tough decisions, whereas in this one it's a lot easier to take your time and play very safe yet efficient. I suspect that this means that it's a lot easier to win consistently in HC2 than HC1.

- I like the character creation traits and the general idea of the attributes. Unfortunately, I firmly believe there are overpowered and underpowered traits. For example, I consider Mighty to be far too powerful, and Corrupted to be a "never-pick". I can elaborate more if you like, in here or PM :)

- As far as the attributes go, I think the game unfortunately suffers from the same challenge that HC1 had: attack power, and to a lesser extent, stamina regen (because it affects your average damage/turn), are just way better than everything else. That means that STR+AGI is really the best build. On top of that, AGI adds to escape chance, which is just the cherry on top because it gives you more flexibility in picking your fights.
At first I was really hopeful that CON would provide enough value to compete with STR/AGI, but the resistance doesn't work the way I thought (in fact, it would be great to have a better explanation of it). At first I thought it would be a % chance to resist gaining addiction/corruption, but it seems like it's actually reducing the amount of lust you gain from your corruption/addiction? I think if the percentages were a lot higher, or if it actually could prevent addiction/corruption like I originally thought, it would be a lot more worthwhile.
Similarly, VIT/INT would have to really scale harder, or confer some other benefits, to compete with STR/AGI. Reassigning the escape chance from AGI to VIT or INT might help a bit too. The one thing I didn't really account for is the "side jobs efficiency" piece, because I don't have much visibility into the math there.

- It would be nice to have a "totally wipe my save" button, which would allow you select a new difficulty, replay the tutorial if needed, etc.

- I really like the direction of some of the new enemies, particularly the teacher in the jungle :). More generally, having stat checks is interesting, and guards against excessive minmaxing in stats, although with such checks I do worry a bit about fairness (is it okay to punish players for coming up with a specialized build?)

- I worry about fairness/optimization with the red/purple potions. Because the effect is a flat stat boost right now, you can technically get more value out of it by holding it until you've levelled that attribute a bunch. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing to incentivize players to do. The alternative would be to have it give a fixed number of points into an attribute.

- Quick bracelet: 5% seems... very low? I haven't tried refining yet though, so maybe it gets a lot better.

- I liked the idea of the Sigrid encounter (basically that you don't have to beat them to win), but the way it works out is kind of a feel-bad outcome: you gain a whole bunch of addictions, and your reward is way less than you need to offset that gain. Perhaps there could be some stat checks involved, or other ways to avoid the addiction gains? That way you're really "passing" the lesson :)

Bugs etc:

- Maybe a bug: Bonnie's second "form" sometimes reverts to the original (attacking one). I assumed she would always be in her second form once she had switched for the first time?

- You can get to negative gold in the church sometimes. For example, with 9 gold I was able to buy a 10-gold addiction reduction, leaving me at -1 gold.

- Typo: "You're liking this game, don't you" --> aren't you
(I forgot which fight this was in, but hopefully you can just search for the text :))
Formerly Errant_...
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

sxdoctor wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:48 pm Gonna be worth the wait i'm sure! so far its been fantastic
Updated is out, have fun :love:
-------------------------------------

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am Hello!
Hi !

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - In terms of difficulty, I was able to "beat" (fully clear the jungle, and reach day ~40 or so before I decided to just lose on purpose) the game with the first 4 points upgrades and nothing else. Whether that it is a good or bad thing, I leave to you :)
That's actually pretty impressive, I've had feedback that the game is too hard even with the Skill Tree maxed out. This makes me reconsider the current ST efficiency. I've been thinking about improving it for a while now, and v0.65 looks like it will be the version where I finally do it.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - Recipes seem really, really rare to drop (I think I only got 3 in my 40 days), whereas materials seem fairly common.
There was a bug causing the recipe rate to be lower than expected, got it fixed version 0.55 which just released to public, it seems to be much better now.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - Starting areas seem imbalanced. Basically Plains >> Forest, because Forest is just a lot more punishing/addiction-building, whereas Plains has several "gimme" fights that add 0 addiction and pose basically 0 threat once you understand the relevant gimmicks.
Noted, I'll keep an eye on it.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - The tavern job, at some point, basically becomes a free money button, because you can make enough gold to offset the gain in addiction, and then some. The only "cost" you pay is lust, but that's generally not a big deal.
Yeah, Tavern doesn't offer much risk if you know what you're doing... And I think that's okay? It's not that much money and reward players who decide to explore other game mechanics.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - I have mixed feelings about the game no longer being timed and instead relying on scaling. On one hand, I *really* like the evolution of some enemies into alternate forms, and to a lesser extent I think it's fine to have enemies get stronger. OTOH, the time limit in HC1 really forced you to push your luck and make tough decisions, whereas in this one it's a lot easier to take your time and play very safe yet efficient. I suspect that this means that it's a lot easier to win consistently in HC2 than HC1.
This is a very controversial topic, many people hated HC1's time limit and considered it an artificial way of increasing the game's difficulty, I think it's a matter of personal preference, really...

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - I like the character creation traits and the general idea of the attributes. Unfortunately, I firmly believe there are overpowered and underpowered traits. For example, I consider Mighty to be far too powerful, and Corrupted to be a "never-pick". I can elaborate more if you like, in here or PM :)
For sure ! The traits rework in version 0.55 gave me a lot more freedom to work with traits and try to balance them. That said, some of them are still very strong, especially now that they can be combined, but over time things should improve. Plus, discovering an OP combo is part of the fun now.
And I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Mighty and Corrupted. You should post here, would help anyone who is having a hard time.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - As far as the attributes go, I think the game unfortunately suffers from the same challenge that HC1 had: attack power, and to a lesser extent, stamina regen (because it affects your average damage/turn), are just way better than everything else. That means that STR+AGI is really the best build. On top of that, AGI adds to escape chance, which is just the cherry on top because it gives you more flexibility in picking your fights.
At first I was really hopeful that CON would provide enough value to compete with STR/AGI, but the resistance doesn't work the way I thought (in fact, it would be great to have a better explanation of it). At first I thought it would be a % chance to resist gaining addiction/corruption, but it seems like it's actually reducing the amount of lust you gain from your corruption/addiction? I think if the percentages were a lot higher, or if it actually could prevent addiction/corruption like I originally thought, it would be a lot more worthwhile.
Similarly, VIT/INT would have to really scale harder, or confer some other benefits, to compete with STR/AGI. Reassigning the escape chance from AGI to VIT or INT might help a bit too. The one thing I didn't really account for is the "side jobs efficiency" piece, because I don't have much visibility into the math there.
I had received feedback from people who stop improving STR after a certain point, or consider AGI useless. This is quite interesting because everyone seems to have a preferred build, which is exactly what I wanted.
That being said, I agree with you. STR is an OP attribute and, honestly, that's fine.
The player still has to decide between four other attributes, and since most points go to STR, there will be fewer points to distribute, which increases the weight of these choices. The hero still needs acceptable levels of AGI, VIT, INT and CON as well, or else he will fail attribute checks and the new Quick time events.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from a perfect system, but it's expected due to the nature of the game.
Currently I have been trying to introduce equipment that gives greater value to other attributes, such as "Whispering Stone" and "Windy Knuckles". The idea is that the STR build would be the default one, until the player finds a key item that unlocks the potential of a new, stronger build.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - It would be nice to have a "totally wipe my save" button, which would allow you select a new difficulty, replay the tutorial if needed, etc.
Added in v0.60!
Btw, you can replay the tutorial by typing "tutorial" in your hero's name

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - I really like the direction of some of the new enemies, particularly the teacher in the jungle :). More generally, having stat checks is interesting, and guards against excessive minmaxing in stats, although with such checks I do worry a bit about fairness (is it okay to punish players for coming up with a specialized build?)
Excellent question, the last thing I want is for all players to have the same build, and punishing specializations seems like a step backwards.

I see attribute checks as a minimum requirement, you should build your character your way while resisting these checks. That said, Hero Corruption is a game about being defeated, and at some point, the player should get defeated, regardless of their build.
How long he will resist these checks will define how viable the specialized build really is.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - I worry about fairness/optimization with the red/purple potions. Because the effect is a flat stat boost right now, you can technically get more value out of it by holding it until you've levelled that attribute a bunch. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing to incentivize players to do. The alternative would be to have it give a fixed number of points into an attribute.
Red and Purple potions don't increase attribute cost (or at least they shouldn't), so it might be best to take them asap, as long as you can deal with their side-effects...

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - Quick bracelet: 5% seems... very low? I haven't tried refining yet though, so maybe it gets a lot better.
It is quite low, I've increased it to 10% in v0.60.
You should try refining stuff tho, the increase in value is exponential, every 5 levels the bonus increases. E.g: You can now get the Quick Bracelet to a max of 64% proc chance, which has proven very useful, especially in the Tower.
Refined accessories can be treated as the key items I mentioned above, and are capable of unlocking new, cool builds
Spoiler: show
Morning Star + Quick Bracelet? Anyone??
Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - I liked the idea of the Sigrid encounter (basically that you don't have to beat them to win), but the way it works out is kind of a feel-bad outcome: you gain a whole bunch of addictions, and your reward is way less than you need to offset that gain. Perhaps there could be some stat checks involved, or other ways to avoid the addiction gains? That way you're really "passing" the lesson :)
That's a great idea, I'll see if I can think of something

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - Maybe a bug: Bonnie's second "form" sometimes reverts to the original (attacking one). I assumed she would always be in her second form once she had switched for the first time?
Huh... Bonnie shouldn't revert to her attacking form during an encounter, but at the beginning of the encounter there is a small chance that she will want to slap you instead.
Bonnie is the only girl in the Plains that can hurt really hard, so I need her to do a VIT check on the player every now and then.

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - You can get to negative gold in the church sometimes. For example, with 9 gold I was able to buy a 10-gold addiction reduction, leaving me at -1 gold.
Found it and fixed it, Thanks !

Errant__ wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:13 am - Typo: "You're liking this game, don't you" --> aren't you
(I forgot which fight this was in, but hopefully you can just search for the text :))
Bonnie is the one who says that, fixed that too :love:

Thank you sooo much for the feedback, Errante.
Posts like this keep me in check and make me review some important game concepts
Play Hero Corruption 1
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.55

Post by putkarak »

Hello, when browser version will up as before? Thanks.