[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.85

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.55

Post by sxdoctor »

Emily in the Jungle is a tough cookie :P

any plans on bad endings or more content with her?
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

putkarak wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:50 pm Hello, when browser version will up as before? Thanks.
I'm not sure... I'm still researching whether or not the game can be embed directly into the site's HTML coding instead of using a third-party app for this.

If I can't resolve it by next month, I'll return to the previous method (Netlify)...
Which isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing.

------------------------------------
sxdoctor wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:07 am Emily in the Jungle is a tough cookie :P

any plans on bad endings or more content with her?
Nope :-/
Unless I find another reeeeaally good set of pics from her
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
Errant__
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.50

Post by Errant__ »

diogaoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm
For sure ! The traits rework in version 0.55 gave me a lot more freedom to work with traits and try to balance them. That said, some of them are still very strong, especially now that they can be combined, but over time things should improve. Plus, discovering an OP combo is part of the fun now.
And I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Mighty and Corrupted. You should post here, would help anyone who is having a hard time.
Interesting, I'm planning to give 0.55 a stab soon and will share more detailed thoughts on traits after that!
diogaoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm I had received feedback from people who stop improving STR after a certain point, or consider AGI useless. This is quite interesting because everyone seems to have a preferred build, which is exactly what I wanted.
That being said, I agree with you. STR is an OP attribute and, honestly, that's fine.
The player still has to decide between four other attributes, and since most points go to STR, there will be fewer points to distribute, which increases the weight of these choices. The hero still needs acceptable levels of AGI, VIT, INT and CON as well, or else he will fail attribute checks and the new Quick time events.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from a perfect system, but it's expected due to the nature of the game.
Currently I have been trying to introduce equipment that gives greater value to other attributes, such as "Whispering Stone" and "Windy Knuckles". The idea is that the STR build would be the default one, until the player finds a key item that unlocks the potential of a new, stronger build.
"Stop improving STR" after a certain point does make sense, and I think this is a credit to the point cost escalation you have combined with the attack gain being linear. In that sense, I like this system of increasing attack much more than HC1's near-total reliance on items for attack damage.

As far as AGI goes -- not to judge too harshly, but those who consider it useless are plain wrong :)
I think those people are not accounting for how important in-combat stamina regeneration is, and how that affects your overall damage output. It can be mathed out (or simulated) exactly with some work, but for any given amount of total attribute points, there should be an objectively "correct" allocation to STR+AGI that maximizes your average damage (assuming a reasonable pattern of attacking and waiting) -- and I can virtually guarantee that except maybe at the very start, the optimal allocation is NOT putting 100% of the points into STR :-)

Another side note: one thing I suspect, though I haven't really played enough rounds nor paid close enough attention to it specifically, is that the diminishing returns on the in-combat stamina regen bonuses as AGI grows mean that it's not a good idea to level it as your #1 attribute. Once you're getting around 15-16 stamina per wait, it seems like it's really hard to get more even if you invest a lot of points into it.

As for the items, I'm glad to hear it. As I was playing, I was thinking along the same lines (e.g. "what if there was a staff that made your damage scale partly off INT?"). Having items will go a long way towards encouraging other builds (provided you can get them early enough to shape your build, or you have some way to respec later on?). The main suggestion I would have there, echoing some of my past concerns with HC1 balance, is that I would love if there were more ways to encourage tanky builds. Historically, focusing on being tanky in HC has been a death sentence, because you just expose yourself to long fights that build up a ton of addiction, which ironically ends up making you less tanky than if you had just built as a glass cannon :-D

diogaoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm Added in v0.60!
Btw, you can replay the tutorial by typing "tutorial" in your hero's name
Awesome!

diogaoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm Hero Corruption is a game about being defeated, and at some point, the player should get defeated, regardless of their build.
:love:

diogaoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm Red and Purple potions don't increase attribute cost (or at least they shouldn't), so it might be best to take them asap, as long as you can deal with their side-effects...
Aha, that's great that you already accounted for this!

diogaoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm You should try refining stuff tho, the increase in value is exponential, every 5 levels the bonus increases. E.g: You can now get the Quick Bracelet to a max of 64% proc chance, which has proven very useful, especially in the Tower.
Ok 64% sounds crazy strong! The only thing I tried refining so far was the EXP ring, and when I saw it was +1% for 1 iron, I was very underwhelmed. I will play around with the system more!

diogaoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm Thank you sooo much for the feedback, Errante.
Posts like this keep me in check and make me review some important game concepts
Thank you for being such a good and reliable dev! It's been really fun seeing HC1, and now HC2, evolve over the years. And I actually find it really enjoyable to think about the systems and balancing -- it's a very good exercise in RPG balancing/theorycrafting!
Formerly Errant_...
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

i think i need a hint on how to trigger Caroline's bad end
Seispelas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Seispelas »

grelgen wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:27 am i think i need a hint on how to trigger Caroline's bad end
Let her beat you a few times. I've gotten it after three defeats, but there may be an INT check as well. Love that type of enemy that can beat you even if you are well-prepared, it's fun!
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

:wave: any news on the next update? :whistle: :w00t:
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

sxdoctor wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:05 pm :wave: any news on the next update? :whistle: :w00t:
Hey doc !

I just published this month's devlog on the Website. If you have a little time to spare, I wrote about this month's development progress and what to expect for the next version.

Oh, and the release date is set for November 4th
Play Hero Corruption 1
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.60

Post by putkarak »

Cant trigger some bad endings
Spoiler: show
Anyone knows how to trigger bad end of Emily(Jungle)? I playing on 22th day and lost to her multiple times but still no bad end triggered. :\'-(
update: with Dakota (Shemale)(Jungle) the same problem :\'-(
update 2: with Cassandra (Boss)(Plains) i lost to her but after loose i was moved to Gabrielle and Cassandra just dissapeared :\'-(
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm Cant trigger some bad endings
Anyone knows how to trigger bad end of Emily(Jungle)? I playing on 22th day and lost to her multiple times but still no bad end triggered. :\'-(
update 2: with Cassandra (Boss)(Plains) i lost to her but after loose i was moved to Gabrielle and Cassandra just dissapeared :\'-(
Hi !
putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm Anyone knows how to trigger bad end of Emily(Jungle)? I playing on 22th day and lost to her multiple times but still no bad end triggered. :\'-(
Emily and Dakota do not have Bad Endings, the BEs added in this update can be triggered at the Tower and against Gabrielle :-P

putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm update 2: with Cassandra (Boss)(Plains) i lost to her but after loose i was moved to Gabrielle and Cassandra just dissapeared :\'-(
This is intended, Cassandra is pretty hard to defeat in the early days, she was developed to be a challenge at the Tower.
The real Plains boss is actually Gabrielle, but you can get to know Cassandra better once you knock her down at the Tower
Play Hero Corruption 1
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

diogaoo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:03 am
putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm Cant trigger some bad endings
Hi !
putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm Anyone knows how to trigger bad end of Emily(Jungle)? I playing on 22th day and lost to her multiple times but still no bad end triggered. :\'-(
Emily and Dakota do not have Bad Endings, the BEs added in this update can be triggered at the Tower and against Gabrielle :-P

putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm update 2: with Cassandra (Boss)(Plains) i lost to her but after loose i was moved to Gabrielle and Cassandra just dissapeared :\'-(
This is intended, Cassandra is pretty hard to defeat in the early days, she was developed to be a challenge at the Tower.
The real Plains boss is actually Gabrielle, but you can get to know Cassandra better once you knock her down at the Tower
Hi,
for new player to get to the tower i need to spend 12+ hours in game to farm 800 fames? my browser save disapeared so i need to farm fames again :\'-( can you add Laura cheat code as in early version of HC please? Thanks.
update: I rolled for Gabrielle at the Tower for 3 hours but still cant get her there with 2 bosses setting.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm for new player to get to the tower i need to spend 12+ hours in game to farm 800 fames? my browser save disapeared so i need to farm fames again :\'-( can you add Laura cheat code as in early version of HC please? Thanks.
update: I rolled for Gabrielle at the Tower for 3 hours but still cant get her there with 2 bosses setting.
[/spoiler]
I really recommend you to try the downloadable version, the current web hosting prevents your saves from being... Well... Saved... Between versions, so this will probably be a common occurrence until I find a more viable hosting option.
That being said, I don't see why not add a cheat code, I'll let you know when it's implemented ;-)

About Gabrielle, Bonus enemies doesn't appear at the Tower, they're Overworld only. Perhaps in the future with a new Tower toggle option.

I'm curious, putkarak: Is there a reason why you prefer to use a cheat code instead of lowering the difficulty?
Play Hero Corruption 1
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

diogaoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:25 am
putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm for new player to get to the tower i need to spend 12+ hours in game to farm 800 fames? my browser save disapeared so i need to farm fames again :\'-( can you add Laura cheat code as in early version of HC please? Thanks.
[/spoiler]
I really recommend you to try the downloadable version, the current web hosting prevents your saves from being... Well... Saved... Between versions, so this will probably be a common occurrence until I find a more viable hosting option.
That being said, I don't see why not add a cheat code, I'll let you know when it's implemented ;-)

About Gabrielle, Bonus enemies doesn't appear at the Tower, they're Overworld only. Perhaps in the future with a new Tower toggle option.

I'm curious, putkarak: Is there a reason why you prefer to use a cheat code instead of lowering the difficulty?
I confused how to trigger Emily, Dakota, Cassandra bad ends? I already playing on easy difficulty with "mighty buff".
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:14 am I confused how to trigger Emily, Dakota, Cassandra bad ends? I already playing on easy difficulty with "mighty buff".
Got that, I'll add the cheat codes in the near future
Emily, Dakota and Cassandra do not have bad endings :weep:
Play Hero Corruption 1
putkarak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by putkarak »

diogaoo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:51 pm
putkarak wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:14 am I confused how to trigger Emily, Dakota, Cassandra bad ends? I already playing on easy difficulty with "mighty buff".
Got that, I'll add the cheat codes in the near future
Emily, Dakota and Cassandra do not have bad endings :weep:
oh, sorry i thought they had bad ends and tried to trigger their bad ends 4 days of real life time. :blush:
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.65

Post by sxdoctor »

how do you encounter Melissa? :)