EOS Editor Images Not Uploading

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Spareforepicgames
Explorer
Explorer

EOS Editor Images Not Uploading

Post by Spareforepicgames »

I've been using the EOS editor for the last few days and it seems to have randomly stopped letting me upload images. Files that I've already uploaded get added fine, but new images seem to not show up. It has the normal popup at the bottom saying uploading, but no images get added. Any way to fix this?

Not sure if it's related but the site has been running really slow for me the entire day, before and after it was down fully earlier today.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: EOS Editor Images Not Uploading

Post by indyc »

While I would bet that there is a high chance of this being caused by the sites issues the last few days (I'm having the same problem) there are a few other things that can cause what you describe.

One of them is that it does not allow PNG, gif or those things. It also doesn't seem to work with pictures about 7 megabytes or so. It also gets pretty picky with jpeg/jpg sometimes and I can only fix that by putting the picture in another program and saving it again. Best to wait until the website gets cleared up though.
vero88
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by vero88 »

I can confirm i'm having the same issue. Some pics make it through and others won't even they are the same format.
Nice-Log
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nice-Log »

It seems to be back now. At least I can upload files that wouldn't work earlier this week with the slowdown issues.
Spareforepicgames
Explorer
Explorer

Nice-Log wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:35 pm It seems to be back now. At least I can upload files that wouldn't work earlier this week with the slowdown issues.
Weird, mine is still down. Not sure if it's my wifi though, but the website is still running pretty slow for me.
Nice-Log
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nice-Log »

Spareforepicgames wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:03 pm Weird, mine is still down. Not sure if it's my wifi though, but the website is still running pretty slow for me.
I think I just got lucky and caught it in the few minutes that it was working.
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by MisterFlames »

It also returns an error message when trying to upload a new avatar in the forum.

"Temporary folder could not be found or is not writable."

Fingers crossed that the issue gets resolved.
slavenothing
Explorer
Explorer

Post by slavenothing »

Here is the same problem, i cant upload pics. Have checked my hole system but there is nothing wrong and i tried jpg like everytime, so it was the correct pics. Does anyone know something official? do they have some problems?
bootslicker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bootslicker »

I have the same problem, everyhings is slow and images don't upload.
Insanelysane
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Insanelysane »

Same. Can't upload any new images to my galleries in eos editor
bootslicker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bootslicker »

Please fix the problem as soon as possible, we are unable to upload any jpg image.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

I have reported this as far as I can, and we wait for a response.

It isn't much, but for those (like me!) who still want to write, my current workaround is I have done some writing and created a blank gallery, e.g. named 'model-1' with no images. You can set this to use a random image from this gallery, and create the picture field, and then write as normal, then when jpg upload works again, you can add to this gallery and your tease will work.
Mochrion
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mochrion »

I'm currently encountering the same issue - both images and audio that I was able to upload perfectly fine last year will no longer upload at all.

Will be totally blocked from working for now so hopefully things will get back to normal soon :-/
Spareforepicgames
Explorer
Explorer

No change for a few weeks now, hopefully it can be fixed soon.
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

Some people reported error messages about disk space. So probably uploads won't work because server disk is full.
If you try to delete any image or file from your tease, it does work 8-).
Spareforepicgames wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:07 am No change for a few weeks now, hopefully it can be fixed soon.
It will be fixed probably only after admin is back, because his last visit was Dec 07, 2022. Admin's last visit can be checked here:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2