[Release] Magic the Fappering card game

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
kloayka
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: [Release] Magic the Fappering card game

Post by kloayka »

Gotta love it when a community comes together over a labour of love.

I saw this the other day and considered trying to knock something up in Godot, though I was thinking it might be easier to generate cards on a per game basis rather than encode all of the originals and have to add any later ones manually. (Sorry JeriKING. Love the concept but I'm kind of lazy.) it should even be possible to have it generate them with your own personal folder of images to go into the upper frames.
Lobster
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lobster »

kloayka wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:49 pm Gotta love it when a community comes together over a labour of love.
This is how you can tell it's a neat idea. 3 people have pretty quickly and independently said "that sounds interesting, here's an implementation of it. And they're all very different which I think is interesting. Different people have had different priorities for the important parts to solve.
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Wow, just wow. All of you made an impressive work, I tested all the iterations and I can't thank you enough!
I never expected this interest and I'm willing to expand the game and see how all of this evolves.
Thank you a lot!!
Xyanaris
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): YamiLoli is my miss(and sub) who I love so very much!
Sub/Slave(s): YamiLoli is my miss(and sub) who I love so very much!

Post by Xyanaris »

A really nice game, it has a amazing amount of cards already, thank you for all the work you put into it :love:
And also thank you @Lobster for making a nice program to play it

I am playing it with converting 40 strokes to 1 edge since just stroking is boring for me so its quite difficult even with just 30 cards (I like that)

Is there an easy way to make new cards for it because I think I will do that and maybe also share some of them :innocent:

Also I have seen some thematic things in the card colors (like black being reviving) can you tell me if and what themes the other colors have precisely?

And is the "second game" you want to post also a card game and maybe playable together with this or not?
juandup
Explorer
Explorer

Post by juandup »

Cant seem to run V2. Keeps telling me i need net. core but clicking yes doesn't do anything.

Also i would still love to see this in tabletop simulator if possible.

EDIT:Actually nvm its very easy to export this into tabletop locally

A thread dedicated to decks only might be cool
Lobster
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lobster »

Xyanaris wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:37 pm Is there an easy way to make new cards for it because I think I will do that and maybe also share some of them
boylad found that mtg-card-maker worked quite well (which TypingMad then used to convert all the initial cards):
boylad wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:14 pm Other idea is using an mtg card creator and making the deck there, using something like this could work: https://mtg-card-maker.herokuapp.com/
If you make more cards, I would certainly be interested in grabbing them. Bonus points if you organise them into sets!

juandup wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:23 pm Cant seem to run V2. Keeps telling me i need net. core but clicking yes doesn't do anything.
Have you extracted the other files as well? I was getting that when I tested it with only the executable. Your folder should look something like the attached image. The only ones you don't need are Readme.txt and the src folder.
Attachments
MTF.png
MTF.png (6.06 KiB) Viewed 5510 times
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Xyanaris wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:37 pm Is there an easy way to make new cards for it because I think I will do that and maybe also share some of them :innocent:

Also I have seen some thematic things in the card colors (like black being reviving) can you tell me if and what themes the other colors have precisely?

And is the "second game" you want to post also a card game and maybe playable together with this or not?
Lobster answered you the first part, so I'll focus on the rest. Black cards are more focused on drawing from the discard pile and having effects whenever that happens, White cards have the highest stroke base value, Red cards build up to do massive boosts, Green cards tend to have ways to avoid the discard pile and Blue cards are basically lots of bikinis (in the end there is no mechanic unique to any color and the interactions between cards can end changing things a lot). Regarding the second game, yes it is indeed a card game, similar main mechanics but cards are hentai and are a lot harder (decks have between 12 to 20 cards, and is a Boss-fight oriented game), the cards can be mixed if you wish to, but I recommend not to. RN I'm developing the last Boss fight of the game and testing some fights that feel way to hard, it will be ready to post soon.

In the meantime I bring some new cards! I present you the Booster pack #1
https://mega.nz/file/icInVKgB#wd8Slo49Y ... bs2r_1uYuQ

21 new cards, more oriented to add variety of ways to stroke and introducing some feet fetish.

Roadmap for the future (in no particular order):
-Booster packs #2 and #3
-Creating an MTF back for the cards
-Rulesheet with all the keywords, rules, FAQs and specific cases
-Revise all the core cards to create sets, correct errors and standarize the texts of the cards (monster/enemy, onboard/onfield, guard/defend...)
-Release MTF Champions
sirveillance
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sirveillance »

8-) Thanks for this awesome project. I love both the Idea, the original Cards and the .Net App to play it.

Maybe if its of interest, there is an awesome Pokemon Card Generator here: https://pokecardmaker.net/creator
Last edited by sirveillance on Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
juandup
Explorer
Explorer

Post by juandup »

Have you extracted the other files as well? I was getting that when I tested it with only the executable. Your folder should look something like the attached image. The only ones you don't need are Readme.txt and the src folder.
Yep my folder has everything there. Cant really tell what the problem is.
Lobster
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lobster »

juandup wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:11 am
Yep my folder has everything there. Cant really tell what the problem is.
Huh, odd. Asking a potentially silly question: Are you running it in Windows? If not, then you probably need to run it through an emulator or something and that's beyond my knowledge.

It uses .net core 3.1. Google tells me that the runtime for that can be downloaded here. I expect that's what clicking yes is supposed to download.
I seem to have .net 5 only installed so I would assume that as long as you have a later version installed, it will work 6 and 7 are available here but I haven't tested with them at all.
JeriKING wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:23 pm In the meantime I bring some new cards! I present you the Booster pack #1
https://mega.nz/file/icInVKgB#wd8Slo49Y ... bs2r_1uYuQ
Awesome, thanks. I've added those to my set.
JeriKING wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:23 pm Roadmap for the future (in no particular order):
-Booster packs #2 and #3
-Creating an MTF back for the cards
-Rulesheet with all the keywords, rules, FAQs and specific cases
-Revise all the core cards to create sets, correct errors and standarize the texts of the cards (monster/enemy, onboard/onfield, guard/defend...)
-Release MTF Champions
That sounds good.
If you want to test the card back in my program, you can just replace the file in the system folder and it should just work.
juandup
Explorer
Explorer

Post by juandup »

[/quote]

Huh, odd. Asking a potentially silly question: Are you running it in Windows? If not, then you probably need to run it through an emulator or something and that's beyond my knowledge.

It uses .net core 3.1. Google tells me that the runtime for that can be downloaded here. I expect that's what clicking yes is supposed to download.
I seem to have .net 5 only installed so I would assume that as long as you have a later version installed, it will work 6 and 7 are available here but I haven't tested with them at all.

[/quote]

Ah yea its working now. I had downloaded the wrong one when i looked for it myself thx.
valdez7
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by valdez7 »

Wow, there's been a lot of great work done on this! I've tried a few rounds (using Lobster's UI), and it's a fun idea. Kind of similar to the old CTI game, but I like the use of the Magic card templates and mechanisms.

One thing I've always wanted to see in these kind of games is a mechanic where the player gets to make choices that have some impact on how things play out. For example, maybe the player can make some sort of sacrifice to get cards that will help 'defeat the monsters'. If anyone has played Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle, or Marvel Legendary (both really fun vanilla games, btw), maybe you can imagine what I mean. I've tried a few times to come up with something like that, but I've never really figured out anything that worked well. Maybe someone here can dream something up... :) Or even if you just have some ideas in that area, I'd love to hear them!
juandup
Explorer
Explorer

Post by juandup »

Would appreciate if anyone could share some hard 60 decks with me. I also have some messy ones if anyone's interested.
Lobster
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lobster »

Version 2.2 release here

Changes:
- Substantially reduced ram usage
- Window can now be resized. It doesn't change the size of the stuff inside (had some issues with that) but it provides scroll bars so it's potentially useable
ZirconiumPen
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by ZirconiumPen »

For anyone looking to create cards I'd highly recommend Magic Set Editor (https://magicseteditor.boards.net/page/downloads). It takes some getting used to, but it's super customizable and the outputs look pretty good. It supports keywording, so you can type "Defend" and have the reminder text pop up automatically.
Within the install folder there should be a folder labeled Fonts, and you'll want to install those so that they show up correctly.
Here are some mockups of cards I've made (stroke count is represented in the power/toughness box):
Day at the Hot Springs.png
Day at the Hot Springs.png (249.96 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
Calming Injection.png
Calming Injection.png (235.68 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
And an example of keywords you could put:
Screenshot 2022-12-07 030555.png
Screenshot 2022-12-07 030555.png (59.55 KiB) Viewed 4679 times