[Release] Magic the Fappering card game

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
Webnarlock
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [Release] Magic the Fappering card game

Post by Webnarlock »

Hello everyone :wave: ! Im bringing the new MtF version, the 2.0 8-) !
I added a button in the main menu to see the current version patch notes!
Now the dlc's for MTF Champions and Normal game are separated from each other because i use different distribution for MTF champions to work, custom decks still go in src/dlc path.

@Plus-Midnight-3000
And, as you can see above in the patch notes, you can now select the decks to use in normal game!
NOTE: If your selected deck(s) does not have enough cards to play the selected difficulty, a message will appear stating this and the game will close to prevent the window from freezing.

Link to MtFv2.0: https://mega.nz/file/QQAg3bBA#Z2lHU7Rus ... 3VU0bzDDG8
Hope you all enjoy it! :-D
Vennyo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Vennyo »

Thank you for all the work you do Webnarlock!

The option to choose dlc sets in normal mode is great! Its good in case more optional kink packs get made, or to combat content bloat with more and more cards in the future (in case you want to see a specific set show up more)
I am working a bit on a cbt focused booser pack. Should i decide that its good enough to share, then this feature will be very useful for optional sets like that.
Plus-Midnight-3000
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Plus-Midnight-3000 »

Another fantastic update !

Thanks for a great development
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Great new version! Just downloaded it, will try it soon.

As usual I'm here to upload some new content, the 4th DLC pack for MTF Champions contains 4 new modular sets (Heavy hits, Ushio, Nico and Minion ambush). Those modular sets include a new type of card, the minions. Minion cards have an HP value and you can attack them instead of attacking the boss, they also have permanent effects that will apply while they are on the board.

MTF Champions DLC pack #4:
https://mega.nz/file/qZQRSYCB#Ksh5GcbmZ ... -sbuaAVZuw
TypingMad
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by TypingMad »

Webnarlock wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:48 pm Hello everyone :wave: ! Im bringing the new MtF version, the 2.0 8-) !
Great work, Webnarlock!

things I'd really like to suggest:
1. Could you scale the image size with the window, playing on a 4k monitor makes the images really tiny and hard to read, somewhat alleviated by the viewer, but being unable to read the main screen makes playing a bit difficult.
2.I'm not familiar with how java works, but it seems you have a list for the deck, the playing cards, the discard pile, and the onfield cards. This works perfectly in the main window, but when the secondary window is out, the list indexes don't always update properly - e.g. when the onfield cards are emptied, the secondary window still shows the last card. Given this game isn't that intensive, i think it would probably still be reasonable to run a quick refresh on images when the user clicks a button - just force the secondary windows to reload their list, so they can tell when a card has left.
3. your custom deck system works well (though it does pick up on incompatable files as decks, e.g. text files in src, probably a filter you can apply to the directory check), but for champions, i can't seem to make new characters/modules. It would be good if you could apply a similar search/load process to the champions dlc folder to check for those, too.

I'm looking forward to future updates, you've done a great job!
Vennyo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Vennyo »

Alright
I finished my first normal game CBT card set (not sure if ill make more)
It contains 202 cards focused on simple cbt and is meant to be used in Webnarlocks version of the game alongside other card sets (Altough it might make sense to deactivate some booster packs or even the base cards if you want these to show up more. There are more then 800 cards in the main game after all. Depends on how often you want cbt cards)

For everyone interested in downloading this set, please read the spoiler below (the link is there too):
Spoiler: show

1. The cards in this set contain only very general instructions like light ball slaps, medium ball slaps and hard ball hits. This way everyone can find their own exact intesity to have fun and stay save. But for one example, hard hits are relatively rare and meant to be as hard as the player can savely handle.

2. I made this set mainly for my own enjoyment but decided to share them. This means that i am very happy to answer questions and feedback, but i will not go back and fix any cards or put out erratas. If you find spelling errors, im afraid they are there to stay.

3. Just a few term clarifications that i realized i might have used a bit differently then some main cards.
-Revive always means to reshuffle into the deck.
-In the field and in play are two different things. In play means it literally stays in the area where drawn cards go.

4. I do not claim ownership over any of the artwork used. This project is not for any profit.

5. By downloading this you agree to not injure yourself while playing with these cards.

6. The download link: https://mega.nz/file/8SQniCrJ#d_ljL1Mf2 ... 0SU7oFnLXI
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

@Vennyo
Already downloaded the CBT set, and I really like what you have done.
Can I post your work in the discord server? Or if you are in the server you can post it yourself.

Also speaking of the server, there are some users creating decks, with existing cards or new ones, if you want to take a look.

Tomorrow I'll post the MTF Champions DLC 5, containing a boss and a modular set from the pokemon franchise, after that I'll start with a set of cards for the base game featuring breath holding fetish.
Vennyo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Vennyo »

@JeriKING
Glad you like it
Feel free to post it to the server if you want. I might take a look at it some time myself, but in the mean time theres no reason not to share it with more people.
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Thank you! I'll share it with the server.

Instead of releasing it tomorrow I've uploaded the fifth DLC now, here you have it.

MTF Champions DLC pack #5
https://mega.nz/file/rI5QGZyJ#-rk-ZOx7Y ... y6bOea6ZaY
mehmet432
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by mehmet432 »

Last edited by mehmet432 on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Magic The Fappening v3
yours truly, Angelique
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Will download it and give it a go as soon as I can! Looks fantastic

The set containing breath holding is finished!

HYB booster pack:
https://mega.nz/file/vMxwhJ5Q#20EbZ31I9 ... 4B1gSUN6I0

New keyword HYB, stands for hold your breath, you'll need to hold it during the whole card fight, unless the card states differently (like HYB for the first 20 strokes or before facing the card HYB for 10 seconds...)
Neroman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Neroman »

Hello everyone, I bring a new file collection. In this collection, I remastered most of my previous cards to make their descriptions more concise and accurate, so be sure to check out the new keyword description! (I also balance some card) :-)

This collection contains not only the remastered of previous booster pack, but also the brand new one, the Booster Pack Max#3.

This collection also includes most of the source card image and several pre-grouped decks! I hope you enjoy it. (every booster pack also has borderless version and sorted by color version)

Thanks for Jerking coming up with the great idea of this game and everyone's work!<3

Here is the link:https://mega.nz/file/y5dzGJjD#tobnvyNQV ... 2KunRnT40
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Thanks for your new content Neroman! Downloading it right now.

Today I got the 4th challenge deck ready, so here you have it:
https://mega.nz/file/jNRnmaSD#4sb4V98RR ... oUOcHGlRxQ

Right now all the colors have a challenge deck except for Blue, so expect it to be the new release soon
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Update Time!

It's been a while since my last post, today I'm bringing you two new packs of cards (none of them is the Blue challenge deck, I'm stuck with that).

MTF Champions DLC pack #6:
https://mega.nz/file/KR4UlYQR#5phNRlQon ... mRQvBilwLs
Mutant pack for base game:
https://mega.nz/file/7QgByarZ#52oOcPafN ... u5MIwnWk-g

The 6th DLC for MTF Champions features two new minion modules, while the Mutant pack adds some new cards to the base game and a new type of card (mutant). Any feedback is welcomed!
JeriKING
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JeriKING »

Oops, I posted the Blue challenge deck on the discord server a while ago, and completely forgot to post it here.

Challenge deck#5:
https://mega.nz/file/DFo3Bb5Q#evtnzqYku ... ht5P_PIa5A

If you have any feedback please share it!