Succubi Hunter RPG – Bugs and other issues

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Succubi Hunter RPG – Bugs and other issues

Post by SuccubiHunterRPG »

Last Update 10 March 2024

THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED TO SUPPORT VERSION 2.0 PRE-RELEASE

Details on this page are significantly out of date. :-)

Hi welcome to my new tease Succubi Hunter RPG Version 1.0. This tease has been inspired by several other teases that utilise RPG elements to create both a tease and a game.

This is page is provided for players to report bugs and improve the game by identifying spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Only scripts that are made part of the core release are supported and will be updated.

The following other pages exist to support this game
• Succubi Hunter RPG – Installation instructions and game Guide viewtopic.php?t=25637
• Succubi Hunter RPG – Report bugs, grammatical mistakes and story line faults viewtopic.php?p=334890#p334890
• Succubi Hunter RPG – Developer page viewtopic.php?p=334892#p334892 (also contains the current and planned plot for developers)
• Succuibi Hunter RPG – Collaboration page, for sharing new media and scripts viewtopic.php?t=25645

Please note that I have experienced some unusual behaviour in Tease AI, some scripts that are linear and should execute the same way every time don’t. Maybe I am missing something but I suspect that there are some bugs in the Tease AI code rather than scripts in Succubi Hunter that sometimes leads to faults experienced in game.

To report a bug please explain the situation and report any relevant error message or text that occurred prior to and post the error being experienced.

Example
Spoiler: show
Hero: i came
04:55 AM .: You Passout
ERROR: Can't locate the file: "D:\TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Succubi\DixieBrown\SuccubiBattleOutcome.txt"
::: Exception: Can't locate the file: "D:\TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Succubi\DixieBrown\SuccubiBattleOutcome.txt"
ERROR: Can't locate the file: "D:\TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Succubi\DixieBrown\SuccubiBattleOutcome.txt"
To report text with spelling or grammatical errors please provide the line of text and the corrected line of text. If you find parts of the story line you believe are inconsistent please report these instances too. I will use Notepad+ to find and replace the corrected text and update the core release.

Known bugs and issues
Critical Bugs (bugs that cause the game to crash)
- None
Non-critical bugs (impact game experience but does not stop the game progressing
- when starting an encounter with video you get continuous messages about a value that "Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection" I know one of the causes of this and I am currently unsure if it occurs in different scenarios that I am yet to discover, if I have just missed some examples where it occurs or if it relates to some inconsistent experience writing and reading variables I have experienced (possibly in the TeaseAI code)
- Some succubi load with incorrect attributes including attacks they have no power with e.g. they cast slow at you and you are not effected as she has no skill in that spell. I'm unsure if this is just typo's in the profile or if it relates to a potential bug in TeaseAI writing and reading variables. This could be happening far more than people realise. I know each succubi attribute as I wrote them but you it won't notice if an attack is 6 when it should be 7.
- Gurlain has issues when she ambushes you that means she does not act as planned and you may get a failed to find a valid vocabulary file

Issues
- There are some scenarios (like when you need to wake up next to caprice) when you are asked to provide an input e.g. press 1 to wake up. Sometimes this won't work and you might have to press 1 several times. This is not a bug, the script is waiting for your input but has a timer on how long it will wait so it can run another scrip. In the wake with caprice example it diverts to another script to increase the metronome every 5 seconds, whilst doing this it is no longer receptive to your input for a second or two.
- Media setup script does not include all tests for mandatory media, for now please use the instructions in the post
- Instructions on how to start a new game are not optimal
- if you choose to attack Caprice the game seems to go nowhere, this is because this story line is not complete, please for now don't attack her, it will lead you to a semi dead end where you just have to avoid her
- Key actions to attack Katya, the Secretary and Caprice (revoking your alliance) do not yet exist as the game implies they should. This is because these story lines don't yet exist
- Unscripted game endings, Defeating the Queen and the Witch are key elements of the story line. Battles are scripted but I am yet to write plot that matches these endings, largely because I think it will take anyone months to be strong enough to succeed. Please test the battle mechanics but don't expect anything to happen once you win or lose. If you do challenge I recommend that you make a copy of your variables folder under SuccubiHunter\System\Variables before doing so and restore this as a type of save game
- the game implies that trainers can not train all skills, currently hey can
- the current list of succubi provided with the game does not match the games balance needs. You need more succubi to battle to get strong enough to complete end game battles. My current priority is working on more succubi where media is available on sponsored sites, I want a full selection of succubi both in video (better game experience) and images (less of a media burden). If anyone wants a advanced, untested copy I have completed all of level 1 for video and most of level 2 for video. Since these are the succubi you will be encountering in the early game it should make for a better game experience

For more deltas on the game please visit the main page viewtopic.php?t=25637
Last edited by SuccubiHunterRPG on Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Succubi Hunter RPG – Bugs and other issues

I have just created this post - the first known bug is an issue with the "I came" command.

Once fixed I will note provide advice here
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:58 pm I have just created this post - the first known bug is an issue with the "I came" command.

I have found the source of this issue. Not all relevant scripts contain the key lines
@CameMode(Goto, ICame)
(ICame)
You Passout @ShowImage[#Var[Path]Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Black.png] @CallReturn(Custom\DefeatCum.txt)

Unfortunately the combat scripts move around a lot so it will take me a while to identify where all of these lines should exist. I will advise when it's fixed but for now if you want to put these lines into your own copies please do.
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:11 pm
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:58 pm I have just created this post - the first known bug is an issue with the "I came" command.

I have found the source of this issue. Not all relevant scripts contain the key lines
@CameMode(Goto, ICame)
(ICame)
You Passout @ShowImage[#Var[Path]Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Black.png] @CallReturn(Custom\DefeatCum.txt)

Unfortunately the combat scripts move around a lot so it will take me a while to identify where all of these lines should exist. I will advise when it's fixed but for now if you want to put these lines into your own copies please do.
It is fixed please re-download the source files and report any further issues you find.
https://mega.nz/folder/FLkBVRpS#TGQG8RPCX_OPiDQcEOCNkA
angrycabbages78
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by angrycabbages78 »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:43 pm

@CameMode(Goto, ICame)
(ICame)

It is fixed please re-download the source files and report any further issues you find.
This link seems to go to an empty folder.
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

angrycabbages78 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:30 pm
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:43 pm

@CameMode(Goto, ICame)
(ICame)

This link seems to go to an empty folder.
Sorry my mistake it is now fixed please try again
draucus
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by draucus »

Hi so not sure if this is a bug or not but when the script starts for the first time it asks where Tease AI is installed but if I write the wrong location, how can I get it to ask me again?
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

draucus wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:36 am Hi so not sure if this is a bug or not but when the script starts for the first time it asks where Tease AI is installed but if I write the wrong location, how can I get it to ask me again?
No it's not a bug but there are two ways. The information is saved into the file \Scripts\SuccubiHunter\System\Variables\Path

You can either open this file in notepad and edit it or since you have not started perhaps the easiest thing is to delete all the files in this location and start again
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

Finally got time to setup everything probably...

So far setting up Witch etc. was going smoothly, aside from one thing, looks like the media instruction for Caprice General Folder (For Dreams) is written down in the Forum, but is not mentioned in the MediaInstruction when using TeaseAi to set everything up :O

Now i am Setting up Succubi and testing each and everyone after setting them up (just to be save this time) and so far i run into one Error

Testing Guerlain gave me this error: "ERROR: Can't locate the file: "Custom\Location\0.txt"

Testing her again after doing the introduction etc. gave me this Error: "ERROR: Exception occured finding GotoLabel "(Options)" in file "Custom\Location\0N0E.txt"

Something is up with her, no clue what though >.<

P.S: Would be amazing if we could skip the first 2 Days (Day 1 Witch Introduction, Day 2 Tutorial) on New game, kinda annoying to have both Days run everytime, trying to hunt for Bugs xD
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

meowww wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:05 am So far setting up Witch etc. was going smoothly, aside from one thing, looks like the media instruction for Caprice General Folder (For Dreams) is written down in the Forum, but is not mentioned in the MediaInstruction when using TeaseAi to set everything up
Yeah I noted that I missed a few things when I provided the written instructions on the post. I will get around to fixing that but it is not the highest priority. At the moment I am working on a fuller set of succubi, the limited number is not really right for the game. I'm working on two sets, one based on images to lower the media load for users and one with videos for a better game experience

meowww wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:05 am Testing Guerlain gave me this error: "ERROR: Can't locate the file: "Custom\Location\0.txt"

Testing her again after doing the introduction etc. gave me this Error: "ERROR: Exception occured finding GotoLabel "(Options)" in file "Custom\Location\0N0E.txt"
I know what has caused that, it never came up in my testing. Guerlain is actually a special succubi with some custom scripting and is not really supposed to be tested by that tool as it behaves unusually. don't worry she will work properly in the real game except for one bug that I know of but that is not critical
meowww wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:05 am P.S: Would be amazing if we could skip the first 2 Days (Day 1 Witch Introduction, Day 2 Tutorial) on New game, kinda annoying to have both Days run everytime, trying to hunt for Bugs xD
Actually that is easy, The game uses variables to track your progress, you can simply make a copy of the variable folder and use this as a save, I do this in my testing version of the game so I can go to places in the story line.

It would not be hard to alter TeaseAi so that it can copy and replace the variable folder through an in game save command but that is beyond me. Perhaps if the game gets popular someone will volunteer to do this
The folder you want to copy is \Scripts\SuccubiHunter\System\Variables
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:44 pm Yeah I noted that I missed a few things when I provided the written instructions on the post. I will get around to fixing that but it is not the highest priority. At the moment I am working on a fuller set of succubi, the limited number is not really right for the game. I'm working on two sets, one based on images to lower the media load for users and one with videos for a better game experience
As far as i can tell, only the General Folder for Caprice Dreams was missing and yeah i agree not a high prio, i rather have more Succubi too, depending on how hard it is (haven´t read the instruction on it yet) i may even try to do one myself
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:44 pm I know what has caused that, it never came up in my testing. Guerlain is actually a special succubi with some custom scripting and is not really supposed to be tested by that tool as it behaves unusually. don't worry she will work properly in the real game except for one bug that I know of but that is not critical
That´s good to know, i was trying to test her in the Game itself, but so far i haven´t run into her xD

Also i am curious where this will go, you mentioned that this are mostly basic succubi and i already can see that there is potential to make more advanced ones
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:44 pm Actually that is easy, The game uses variables to track your progress, you can simply make a copy of the variable folder and use this as a save, I do this in my testing version of the game so I can go to places in the story line.
True i totally forgot about the option to save the variables, i waisted so much time for no reason lol
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

Guess i start to use Spoilers, cause Story and such
DECISION TIME
03:46 AM Riley: 1 - Trust Caprice and make her your new trainer
03:46 AM Riley: 2 - Don't trust her and attack whilst her guard is down
03:46 AM JJFeeder: 2
03:46 AM Riley: You attack
03:46 AM Caprice: No!, I don't want to hurt you but I won't let them punish me again!
03:46 AM Riley: You fell an overpowering wave of energy
WARNING: No available lines in vocabulary file: "#Caprice
03:46 AM Riley: Before you know it Caprice is fucking you, you can't hold back Caprice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just and Image of Caprice and an Metronome going endlessly, tried I Came and the result:
I Came
ERROR: Exception occured finding GotoLabel "(ICame)" in file "SuccubiHunter\Custom\NPC\Caprice\Encounter.txt"
::: Exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
03:51 AM Riley: You see Caprice in the distance
03:51 AM Caprice: Stop, I can't do this again
03:51 AM Riley: You can
03:51 AM Riley: 1 - Attack
03:51 AM Riley: 2 - Talk to Caprice
03:51 AM Riley: 3 - Run
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack ends up being the same as (3:46AM) Talk is what brought me to "DECISION TIME", Run i didn´t tried, cause this may would have counted as another choice getting me somewhere i didn´t plan to go, instead i reset TeaseAI
By the way finally run into Guerlain and she indeed works normally in the Game :)
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

meowww wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:06 am Guess i start to use Spoilers, cause Story and such
DECISION TIME
03:46 AM Riley: 1 - Trust Caprice and make her your new trainer
03:46 AM Riley: 2 - Don't trust her and attack whilst her guard is down
03:46 AM JJFeeder: 2
03:46 AM Riley: You attack
03:46 AM Caprice: No!, I don't want to hurt you but I won't let them punish me again!
03:46 AM Riley: You fell an overpowering wave of energy
WARNING: No available lines in vocabulary file: "#Caprice
03:46 AM Riley: Before you know it Caprice is fucking you, you can't hold back Caprice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just and Image of Caprice and an Metronome going endlessly, tried I Came and the result:
I Came
ERROR: Exception occured finding GotoLabel "(ICame)" in file "SuccubiHunter\Custom\NPC\Caprice\Encounter.txt"
::: Exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
03:51 AM Riley: You see Caprice in the distance
03:51 AM Caprice: Stop, I can't do this again
03:51 AM Riley: You can
03:51 AM Riley: 1 - Attack
03:51 AM Riley: 2 - Talk to Caprice
03:51 AM Riley: 3 - Run
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack ends up being the same as (3:46AM) Talk is what brought me to "DECISION TIME", Run i didn´t tried, cause this may would have counted as another choice getting me somewhere i didn´t plan to go, instead i reset TeaseAI
By the way finally run into Guerlain and she indeed works normally in the Game :)
Wow and thanks you really are giving this game a proper go, I appreciate it.

That interaction use to work but if I'm honest I have not really developed that avenue of the story line. I made some changes to how the media is setup and I probably have not retested it as it runs into a dead end pretty quickly.

Making the story more complicated and having Caprice as an enemy is about halfway down my development list. I think for now I will just put a warning up in the script saying people should not pursue this avenue.
Since you are giving this such a good try here is a bit more info about what does not work properly so your not telling what I already know
Katya is very simple at the moment, You will see that there are avenues to make her a trainer that are not fully developed yet.
The mechanics for challenging the Queen and Witch are developed but the story after the challenge is not yet written, largely because it should take you three months before your strong enough to pull this off. But feel free to test the combat mechanics but save your game before hand.
The game desperately needs extra trainers/NPC's, I have plans for Guerlain and also two others almost ready for release. They will start as succubi you can challenge but at some stage I will convert them into proper NPC's.
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:39 pm That interaction use to work but if I'm honest I have not really developed that avenue of the story line. I made some changes to how the media is setup and I probably have not retested it as it runs into a dead end pretty quickly.

Making the story more complicated and having Caprice as an enemy is about halfway down my development list. I think for now I will just put a warning up in the script saying people should not pursue this avenue.
Probably a good Idea to let people know to not take this path yet, guess i will side with her then for now
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:39 pm
Since you are giving this such a good try here is a bit more info about what does not work properly so your not telling what I already know
Katya is very simple at the moment, You will see that there are avenues to make her a trainer that are not fully developed yet.
The mechanics for challenging the Queen and Witch are developed but the story after the challenge is not yet written, largely because it should take you three months before your strong enough to pull this off. But feel free to test the combat mechanics but save your game before hand.
The game desperately needs extra trainers/NPC's, I have plans for Guerlain and also two others almost ready for release. They will start as succubi you can challenge but at some stage I will convert them into proper NPC's.
Haven´t meet Katya yet and i am probably miles away from challenging Queen/Witch, so far i still am in the Forest with an Attack of 4 and Dispell/Heal lvl 1, don´t feel like this is enough to venture out yet, also i feel like the Game is going to tell me if i am ready, for now my Questions all would go towards the Progression, like:

-Will the Game actually tell me when to venture out of the Forest or do i just have to try it at some point?

-Is there already something like a Blacksmith to unlock yet? Got a good amount of mats, leather, bronze etc. but no way to use them

-Same goes for Scrolls, found two, but so far i found no way to use them or in that matter a succubi to read them

i am not really interested in knowing how to unlock this things, just curious if they are implemented in the game yet ;)
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

- \Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Location\0N0E.jpg
Seems to be missing.

- Starting a new game, after you tell the user to enter the path where Tai is installed to (another no-go btw.) you tell them to delete all variables, ... wouldn't that delete that just entered path to Tai also??? -> Seems wrong somehow. (Just correct me if I'm wrong).