Succubi Hunter RPG – Bugs and other issues

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Succubi Hunter RPG – Bugs and other issues

Post by SuccubiHunterRPG »

markus wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:14 pm - \Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Location\0N0E.jpg
Seems to be missing.
The image is in the zip file so I can only assume that either
1. TeaseAI is playing up, which it does seem to intermittently occur in which case just close and open the application and start again
2. the path is set incorrectly. Tease AI does not by default look for images within the script folder rather in the images folder outside of the script folder. I wanted to keep everything maintained so when I wrote it I putt the full file path. For me that was
@ShowImage[D:\TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Location\0N0E.jpg]. I replaced the :D:\TeaseAI\ with a variable
@ShowImage[#Var[Path]Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Location\0N0E.jpg] so if the variable is set incorrectly then TeaseAI won't find any images,
markus wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:14 pm - Starting a new game, after you tell the user to enter the path where Tai is installed to (another no-go btw.) you tell them to delete all variables, ... wouldn't that delete that just entered path to Tai also??? -> Seems wrong somehow. (Just correct me if I'm wrong).
You are right, I wrote this before I introduced the variable. I will change the text in the next release to say

"If you would like to start a new game close the session, delete all variables within the SuccubiHunter\System\Variables folder and then start the session. This will clear all game data and allow you to start a new game."
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

markus wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:14 pm - \Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Location\0N0E.jpg
Seems to be missing.
Sounds like you may made the same mistake i did for the first time, the path for TeaseAi you give has to end with \

D:\TeaseAI will not work, but D:\TeaseAI\ will work
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:16 pm "If you would like to start a new game close the session, delete all variables within the SuccubiHunter\System\Variables folder and then start the session. This will clear all game data and allow you to start a new game."
You also could just tell us to delete everything in variables, aside from "Path" "Pathset" and "SYS_WakeUp"

That´s what i usually do on New Game and it works just fine this way :P

Also i could swear there was a way to let TeaseAi delete the variables on it´s own, without having to do it manually each time
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

markus wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:14 pm Also i could swear there was a way to let TeaseAi delete the variables on it´s own, without having to do it manually each time
Your right but the problem is....... I'm too lazy. the command is for a singular variable and there are almost 300 variables in the game right now, I can't be bothered writing that script :-)
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:42 pm Your right but the problem is....... I'm too lazy. the command is for a singular variable and there are almost 300 variables in the game right now, I can't be bothered writing that script :-)
For a Singular variable? Yeah i would be to lazy to do it either then xD

Also after the first bunch of bugs (very first Release), that had me do a lot of New games figuring out everything that was wrong step by step, i personally haven´t needed to start a New game yet ;)

That said i run into something else today:

"ERROR: The given key was not present in the dictionary. ::: Exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary. ERROR: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

That comes up every know and then fighting a Succubi, feels totally random when it happens, also doesn´t break anything that is going on at the time, it just keeps on repeating itself in chat until a new action happens, then it stops repeating itself and it is as if nothing ever has happened lol
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

meowww wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:22 am
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:42 pm Your right but the problem is....... I'm too lazy. the command is for a singular variable and there are almost 300 variables in the game right now, I can't be bothered writing that script :-)
For a Singular variable? Yeah i would be to lazy to do it either then xD

Also after the first bunch of bugs (very first Release), that had me do a lot of New games figuring out everything that was wrong step by step, i personally haven´t needed to start a New game yet ;)

That said i run into something else today:

"ERROR: The given key was not present in the dictionary. ::: Exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary. ERROR: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

That comes up every know and then fighting a Succubi, feels totally random when it happens, also doesn´t break anything that is going on at the time, it just keeps on repeating itself in chat until a new action happens, then it stops repeating itself and it is as if nothing ever has happened lol
Damn! I was hoping that one would not come up again. It's really hard to track down. There is a countdown timer that runs with videos so I know when to restart the video to stop it playing too long. Strictly speaking the timer should not need to be deleted as it just gets reset with a setvar command but sometimes it needed to be stopped and deleted, particularly if the video is different which should not matter. I have inserted stops and deletions of the variable that causes this in many places of the game just in case.

This use to happen to me every time I introduced a new way to end a battle, I kept forgetting to stop and delete the timer and I would spend forever trying to troubleshoot something that occurred in a battle ages ago. However I'm confident these are now all covered.

As I have noted earlier I seem to randomly get errors in Tease AI were variables are not set. One time you load a succubi and her health is updated and another it's not. It's the exact same script that worked last time but this time it's not set. I was really hoping that this was specific to my install and not a problem with the TeaseAI source code, if it is a problem with the source code these things will just happen sometimes, a succbbi health will be wrong or her mode of attack will be based on the previous opponent etc etc.

My best guess is that stopping and deleting the variable that times the video did not happen due to the same bug. In which case there is nothing I can do. It does happen on my instance too but it's not consistent on which succubi it happens to so I don't think it can be my scripts. I'm very happy to be proven wrong :)

This is completely consistent with what you describe, the error messages cease the next time the command to stop, delete and reset the timer occur. This happens at the start and end of battle and maybe in a few media switches too i forget all the places I put it.

if there there is a mistake, it's probably in one of the succubi files. If you can advise the succubi you encountered before and after I will do a script review but I'm not confident of finding any problem.
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:03 am if there there is a mistake, it's probably in one of the succubi files. If you can advise the succubi you encountered before and after I will do a script review but I'm not confident of finding any problem.
Well the problem is this Index Error comes up totally random on whatever Succubi it feels like at the moment, so there is no way to advise a specific Succubus for me xD

But to me this is minor anyway, obviously would be great to fix this, but if it can´t be figured out, well then so be it, in the end it always fixes itself and doesn´t break anything major in the process :P
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:03 amAs I have noted earlier I seem to randomly get errors in Tease AI were variables are not set. One time you load a succubi and her health is updated and another it's not. It's the exact same script that worked last time but this time it's not set. I was really hoping that this was specific to my install and not a problem with the TeaseAI source code, if it is a problem with the source code these things will just happen sometimes, a succbbi health will be wrong or her mode of attack will be based on the previous opponent etc etc.
What you describe here, health not updating, Succubi using the wrong mode of attack, so far has not happened to me a single time :D
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

meowww wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:28 pm
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:03 am if there there is a mistake, it's probably in one of the succubi files. If you can advise the succubi you encountered before and after I will do a script review but I'm not confident of finding any problem.
Well the problem is this Index Error comes up totally random on whatever Succubi it feels like at the moment, so there is no way to advise a specific Succubus for me xD

But to me this is minor anyway, obviously would be great to fix this, but if it can´t be figured out, well then so be it, in the end it always fixes itself and doesn´t break anything major in the process :P
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:03 amAs I have noted earlier I seem to randomly get errors in Tease AI were variables are not set. One time you load a succubi and her health is updated and another it's not. It's the exact same script that worked last time but this time it's not set. I was really hoping that this was specific to my install and not a problem with the TeaseAI source code, if it is a problem with the source code these things will just happen sometimes, a succbbi health will be wrong or her mode of attack will be based on the previous opponent etc etc.
What you describe here, health not updating, Succubi using the wrong mode of attack, so far has not happened to me a single time :D
Thanks for all your testing and it's great that you feel that it is largely now free of critical bugs.

I have modified the post to include known bugs and issues, some of which might impact you so it's good for you to know where things stand.

I also made an offer to provide a fuller list of succubi the completion of which is my main priority. Let me know if you want an advanced copy

I'm also considering drafting a full story line as a spoiler, not just what exists but where I intend to take each NPC, this will help potential developers know where the game is going, offer me help with that or at least not create contradictory scenarios. At the moment you are probably the only person interested in this, let me know if I should make it a priority
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:41 pm Thanks for all your testing and it's great that you feel that it is largely now free of critical bugs.

I have modified the post to include known bugs and issues, some of which might impact you so it's good for you to know where things stand.

I also made an offer to provide a fuller list of succubi the completion of which is my main priority. Let me know if you want an advanced copy

I'm also considering drafting a full story line as a spoiler, not just what exists but where I intend to take each NPC, this will help potential developers know where the game is going, offer me help with that or at least not create contradictory scenarios. At the moment you are probably the only person interested in this, let me know if I should make it a priority
No Problem, i am glad you are making the game, so Thank you ;)

A fuller List of Succubi surely would be helpful, as of now i personally would focus on getting the Game as stable as possible and get the desired amount of Succubi for the lower levels, but from all i read that pretty much what you are doing right now anyway

As far as Full Story line goes, if it helps and isn´t to much work, sure do it, if it´s mainly to not have contradicting Scenes, i wouldn´t do it, i doubt that much content will be created by others yet, that´s something that probably is going to happen if people are able to play throught the whole Game as intented and get an Idea of the Setting, the World, what´s possible etc.

So in that case i wouldn´t give it high prios yet

Oh and i totally would take an advanced copy, since i am not trying to advance fast, well better said can´t, cause i get absolutly destroyed if i do, i do find myself starting to repeat the same fights quite often :O

By the way i do read this in the other Thread and as much as Succubi using Videos do take up much more space, they also are way more fun and kinda easier to setup, i wouldn´t mind only Video ones, but i get why you aren´t doing it and it´s probably for the best xD
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

meowww wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:49 am A fuller List of Succubi surely would be helpful, as of now i personally would focus on getting the Game as stable as possible and get the desired amount of Succubi for the lower levels, but from all i read that pretty much what you are doing right now anyway
Here you go https://mega.nz/folder/APlnXBqD#rsqytc_HhY8_wOJZWzVK3Q

You will have to add the succubi to the vocabulary file #SelectEnemy. There is a text file in the zip that gives you the right text to add

This list is more extensive and the models follow a plan. I noticed there iare some producers with really good content and I checked out several of their models and divided them up into suitable categories. There were tons of high quality models with medium length videos who masturbate and these make great videos for combat. Many of these have have hardcore content I can include as secondary videos for stimulation attacks, these I am saving to use for level 3 and 4 models. A lot of the hottest models only do solo or lesbian content. These make great 1 and 2 level opponents. At some stage I will introduce combat against two succubi at the same time

That was a long way of saying that some of your old models you may need to delete when you add my new models as some are now reserved for different roles. Have a quick compare, some are unique, some an exact duplicates, some are the same but with extra media for more variety.

Unfortunately some have changed class and level, it is this last type you will need to decide which one you keep , old or new.

Most models here have several videos, if you want a quick start just do mediaset01 but you will need to adjust the profile script as it assumes all media sets are in use.

Finally you will find some strange things with Mila Azul and Melena Maria, I have some plans for them but they currently function as normal succubi (sort of)
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

Thanks
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:51 amFinally you will find some strange things with Mila Azul and Melena Maria, I have some plans for them but they currently function as normal succubi (sort of)
Don´t report strange things on this two happening, got it :D
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:51 am Most models here have several videos, if you want a quick start just do mediaset01 but you will need to adjust the profile script as it assumes all media sets are in use.
i will take my time setting up everything, i am not in a rush anyway :P

Edit: "@Variable[SuccubiLevel]=[Never] LVL1" isn´t in the original SelectEnemy Vocab, should i still add it or just ignore the Line?
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

meowww wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:01 pm Edit: "@Variable[SuccubiLevel]=[Never] LVL1" isn't in the original SelectEnemy Vocab, should i still add it or just ignore the Line?
It does not matter. Tease AI selects a random line from a vocab file and uses the @Variable command to create a filter. It was intended to provide random vocabulary but it works just was well providing a random event which is almost exclusively how I use them.
I use that line to sort my succubi into level and if they are part of my personal library (Media that you can't download yourself) or new ones I have made to share because they are publicly available. I should not have included that line but it won't cause any harm because it won't ever run as the Succubi level is always LVL1, 2, 3 or 4 :-)
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:01 pm It does not matter. Tease AI selects a random line from a vocab file and uses the @Variable command to create a filter. It was intended to provide random vocabulary but it works just was well providing a random event which is almost exclusively how I use them.
I use that line to sort my succubi into level and if they are part of my personal library (Media that you can't download yourself) or new ones I have made to share because they are publicly available. I should not have included that line but it won't cause any harm because it won't ever run as the Succubi level is always LVL1, 2, 3 or 4 :-)
Well in that case i will just keep it in the Vocab now xD
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

Welp, guess i recreated that bug now xD
Spoiler: show
Imma go ahead and shorten this a bit lol

Joined Sasha to see how much an Attack upgrade would cost now, cool way more then i can afford right now :O

The cost goes x2 everytime doesn´t it? 5->10->20->40 Guess i will upgrade some cheap stuff for now xD

Anyway after figuring it out i tried to go "Back to menu" annnnnd:

Caprice has joined the Chat room

Ok cool i did became her ally, so maybe it´supposed to show up after leaving the Witch Sasha

01:27 AM : You find Caprice
01:27 AM : I have missed you XXX
01:27 AM : 1 - You can train
01:27 AM : 2 - Seek comfort
01:27 AM : 3 - Leave

Well lets see if she has the same cost for the Upgrades then, cool she has, now let´s "Back to Menu" annnnd:

Alright now "Leave"

ERROR: The given imagepath was empty.
::: Exception: The given imagepath was empty.
01:28 AM : Ahh XXX
01:28 AM : You're awake and ready to continue
01:28 AM : Do you want to
01:28 AM : 1 - Practice Battle
01:28 AM : 2 - Train with Tori
01:28 AM : 3 - Train with Caprice
01:28 AM : 4 - Request information about challenging the witch
01:28 AM : 5 - Rest for the day
01:28 AM : 6 - Meditate

Alright this isn´t intended at all,i assume this options come up if you go into the Castle where i haven´t gone to yet at all
----------------------

Not sure if it helps, but encountering Caprice while Traveling the Forest , let´s you "Leave" her as intended
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

meowww wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:44 pm Welp, guess i recreated that bug now xD
Imma go ahead and shorten this a bit lol

Joined Sasha to see how much an Attack upgrade would cost now, cool way more then i can afford right now :O

The cost goes x2 everytime doesn´t it? 5->10->20->40 Guess i will upgrade some cheap stuff for now xD

Anyway after figuring it out i tried to go "Back to menu" annnnnd:

Caprice has joined the Chat room

Ok cool i did became her ally, so maybe it´supposed to show up after leaving the Witch Sasha

Well lets see if she has the same cost for the Upgrades then, cool she has, now let´s "Back to Menu" annnnd:

Alright now "Leave"

ERROR: The given imagepath was empty.
::: Exception: The given imagepath was empty.
01:28 AM : Ahh XXX
01:28 AM : You're awake and ready to continue
01:28 AM : Do you want to
01:28 AM : 1 - Practice Battle
01:28 AM : 2 - Train with Tori
01:28 AM : 3 - Train with Caprice
01:28 AM : 4 - Request information about challenging the witch
01:28 AM : 5 - Rest for the day
01:28 AM : 6 - Meditate

Alright this isn´t intended at all,i assume this options come up if you go into the Castle where i haven´t gone to yet at all
----------------------

Not sure if it helps, but encountering Caprice while Traveling the Forest , let´s you "Leave" her as intended
Damn that's probably a genuine bug and I think i have seen it before when i created the training script - I will look at it this weekend.

I did a few tests the night before last to see if there was a bug in TeaseAI code and now I'm more confused than ever. I ran a continuous script the wrote and read variables and left it running all night. no issues. I the ran a test script on the best scenario I had to prove there was an issue in Tease AI and found that it was a scripting mistake that can be replicated. Then finally I played the game and encountered another issue that simply can not be explained without a bug in the TeaseAI code. Maybe like the last test I am wrong and there is a plausible explanation. the only redeeming feature is I still think the game is good and has potential regardless

FYI I got enthused about writing the entire planned story line which is way easier that scripting it. It's a total spoiler but happy to share if you want to see where I am thinking of heading.
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:02 am Damn that's probably a genuine bug and I think i have seen it before when i created the training script - I will look at it this weekend.
i may found the error, but what happens after makes Zero Sense -.-

(AbortTrainingWitch)
@NullResponse @Call(Custom\NPC\Caprice\Caprice.txt)

This probably is supposed to be:

(AbortTrainingWitch)
@NullResponse @Call(Custom\NPC\Witch\Witch.txt)

If i change it this way, i can "Back to menu" and it brings me back to the previous Witch Menu

1.Train
2.Comfort
3.Leave

But now when i try to leave this happens:

" ERROR: Tease AI did not return a valid Taunt from any available file "

Waiting for a bit gives another Error:

"The current Script attempted to @Call from a directory that does not exist"

This makes no Sense Leave should go to @End, no clue why it trys to @Call something...

Even worse if i join the Wich and Leave right away, without going to Training and backing out of it, it works how it´s supposed to be...

i am so lost on this >.<

That´s what i get for trying to fix something on my own xD
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:02 am FYI I got enthused about writing the entire planned story line which is way easier that scripting it. It's a total spoiler but happy to share if you want to see where I am thinking of heading.
Personally i don´t mind Spoilers, i already am spoiling myself looking into the scripts anyway xD