Succubi Hunter RPG – Bugs and other issues

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Succubi Hunter RPG – Bugs and other issues

Post by SuccubiHunterRPG »

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

Hi all I have uploaded a new version addressing all the issues encountered prior to this date in this forum and the main forum (at least I hope it addresses them all)

None were critical but if you download the latest version you will have a better game experience.

There are some issues with level 3 and 4 succubi taunts but my first major project after supporting this release is to overhaul the taunts so they are more natural and less errors
FattsDynamo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by FattsDynamo »

I've got some user comments about the installation ...
Spoiler: show
I'm running Windows 10 64-bit version.

The game took me a minute to get set up ... I placed the RAR in the Succubi Hunter folder and was expecting it to extract directly on top of the existing files ... that's normally what I see with Milovana software, but ... the files were a few subfolders down, and after I extracted, I had to manually cut them them from the extraction and paste them into the correct level ... I mean, I *did* figure it out, and I'm decent with these things, but ... I think for the user's sake—especially for the "fixes"—I would set the sub folders such that all the user has to do is place the RAR into the Succubi Hunter folder and extract on top. I'm pretty sure that is the norm, but ... It took me a few start ups (and maybe 30 minutes of trial and error) to realize the images weren't loading after the game had started and it was because I extracted improperly ... but then, it wasn't *really* extracting improperly, because there were those manual steps of cutting/pasting into the proper folders from the extraction, so ... I would suggest changing the subfolders so the user can just place into the Succubi Hunter folder and "Extract Here."

I followed your "detailed install instructions." VERY thorough—VERY well done :yes: ... I don't think I could have gotten it installed properly without that :no: ... A few comments about issues I had while installing ...

After I started the tease for the first time, there were instructions to drag and drop the install folder onto the screen. I tried this over and over. My computer wouldn't let me. It wouldn't work. Maybe there is some setting which wouldn't allow me to do that, but ... I just have a typical Windows 10 install, so ... Perhaps add some instructions about what to do if the drag and drop doesn't work?

What it really needed was the install file address. I can't recall if it specified "Tease AI - Awake" main installation folder or "Succubi Hunter" or just "installation folder" and didn't specify "TeaseAI - Awake" and not "Succubi Hunter." I remember being a bit confused about that point, but, then I decided it probably meant "Tease AI - Awake" and went with that ...

After several minutes of the drag and drop failing and restarting the app several times, I almost gave up, but ... then I decided what the software wanted was just the file tree address and typed that in manually ... and that worked! :w00t: ... THEN I ran into the issues I described above (making sure the media folder were in the correct place) ... You said in your instructions to pick a default image folder ... I chose "butts", and so I got images from that folder during the opening, and, having never played the game before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but ... once Sasha started speaking, I figured, "Okay, something isn't right ... I should probably be seeing pictures of her ..." (and that's when I checked the subdirectories and realized they were empty. :look:) And I think I extracted the "fix" folder properly—or something—but NOT the main media ... because I was getting the missing file errors, and at THAT point I realized my media file tree installation mistake ...

So, I had figured out I needed to manually type the file address (and NOT follow the prompt to "drag and drop"—because that wasn't working for my machine) ... and I think it took me two tries to fix the media file issue ... but ... THEN ... there was already a save file, and I didn't want to miss the opening, so ... I read your comment about the "save state" being in the "system\variables" folder, and I tried deleting that in order to reset from scratch ... but, here's the thing ... My install was F:\TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\SuccubiHunter", and there was a SuccubiHunter\System\Variables folder in it ... HOWEVER ... that was NOT the actual location of my save ... I cleared out that folder, but that did NOT render a full reset; I just deleted a "MetronomeSpecialStimulation" file, but ... I'm not the programmer ... How was I to know that that was NOT it? :-/ So, when that didn't give me a fresh restart, I remembered from my previous experience with TeaseAI (which is limited), that the saves are kept in an hidden folder under the user's profile (or something) ... So, I had to go to "C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume5\TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\System\Variables" and clear out THAT folder (bear in mind, the VTRoot folder is normally "hidden" in Windows, so ... if you have some computer neophyte, they might never be able to find it ...) ... and THAT gave me the full reset I needed ...

But ... THEN ... on the very next retry/reinstall, I typed "F:\TeaseAIAwake" instead of "F:\TeaseAIAwake\", and when the game finished setting up and trying to display pictures, I kept getting error messages which made me realize I forgot the backslash ... So, I wiped the variable folder one more time. At that point, I was getting images of Sasha (but hadn't seen the town), and after I got the correct file address manually typed, I FINALLY got to see the intro as intended ... nice little story, by the way! :smile:

Ummm ... so ... based on all of that, let me give you my little bulleted list of suggested changes:
  • Change the media and "fix" RARs file structure so that they can be placed into the Succubi Hunter folder and extracted from there.
    The initial instructions about installing Tease AI - Awake were good, and the instructions about installing Succubi Hunter were clear ... it was just the media files and fix folders ... THOSE steps weren't explicit about exactly what to do, and usually for these things you just place it in the folder you were told and extract, but ... here, because the media was in the subfolders, it required some manual cutting/pasting and thought and paying attention to where you were pasting ... and yeah, I'm pretty decent at these things, and I bungled my first few attempts so :look: ... I can imagine it would be harder for people who understand less of what they are doing! :lol:
  • During installation, state that if dragging and dropping the folder on the screen is not permitted, the user will need to manually type in the file address. (Copying/pasting the address didn't work for me.)
  • Specify explicitly that it wants the folder for the "TeaseAIAwake" installation.
  • Include an example in the initial installation prompt "D:\TeaseAIAwake\" or make sure to mention to not forget the final backslash
  • At the end of the "Starting Succubi Hunter" section, maybe Step 5 should be something like, "If you see an image of a town during the introduction and images of Sasha Foxxx appear when "Sasha:" appears on the text screen, then you have installed things correctly."
  • Though stated elsewhere, make sure that you include in the initial "Game Guide" post where the save file is located. Mention that for Windows users, the file may be in the C:\VTRoot folder (which is usually hidden) in one of the "HarddiskVolume#" subfolders. Don't delete the files in the "Variables" folder of the main install.
    (Having all of this stuff in one easy-to-find place is VERY helpful so the user doesn't have to go searching through forum posts ...)
  • Likewise, though stated elsewhere, in the game guide section, mention the bit about changing the difficulty by altering the following files directly:
    • TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Vocabulary\#OnOffStrokeTimer.txt
    • TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Vocabulary\#SteadyStrokeTimer.txt
In general, FANTASTIC job! :w00t: It's complicated, so, it's needed but ... This has got to be some of THE BEST software documentation that I have seen on this site, so ... well done! :yes: I hope my user experience feedback will be helpful to you in order to make the game more accessible for others (because what's the point of going through all of this trouble to publish if others can't enjoy it! :lol:)

When I was copy/pasting the "fix" ( I believe), there were issues with the paste freezing/stopping at 98% ... I saw this was addressed in one of the posts ... Haven't read it yet, but ... I'll have to go back and read what your answer was about that ...
... as well as some bugs to report ...
I played for like 6 hours so far, and the game hard crashed on me 4 times. Each time it did so, it stopped responding completely, froze, and the cursor turned into that spinning blue ring ... after I a while, Windows would give me the message that the program had stopped responding and asked if I wanted to close it...

Each time this happened, the game recognized something went wrong and gave me the option to load in from my last location (which I did each time) or from the main town.

The first crash happened with Alexa (Alexa Rydell). She ambushed me and it went into forced stroking ... I couldn't act. After about three different sequences, the game crashed.

The second crash happened with Liya Silver. I'm not 100%, but I think it died during a transition after I did damage. I encountered her again later, and actually made it through the entire encounter, except at the end ... I did fatal damage to her, and the game crashed for me right after that (as described above).

The other encounter that crashed was for Galina. I think it happened during her 3rd transition IIRC.

Again, these were hard crashes with no error codes reported as the game just froze up, and upon restarting, there were no messages either except for the system commenting that it looks like I crashed ...

Everything else worked correctly. No issues with Sasha. I encountered Guerlain twice without issue, Caprice once. The encounters with Leona Mia, Milana, and Sheryl all seemed to work fine, so ... it makes me think I did the install properly, but ... not sure what the deal is :-/ ... I'll keep making notes about crashes and report back if I see any more.
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

WOW - I have to say thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

There is a lot in what you say and a lot for me to take in but I will make a few preliminary comments.

The install is complicated as it's not really a stand alone game. It's Markus platform (TeaseAi Awakening), my game scripting and Meowwww media. I will say this about your main point regarding using the TeaseAI Directory and not the Scripts directory as the expected place to copy the files. We are both right. For the audience who are familiar with TeaseAI we think in the terms of scripts and that is where we place everything. However many people playing this game have no experience and are only interested in Succubi Hunter and don't think that way. It's hard to know who our most common user is. I will have a good think about changing the process if for no other reason than those familiar with TeaseAI probably need less help anyway but it will take time to update the instructions and coordinate and upload a new folder structures with Meowww.

Regarding the folder path, I suspect that you have an older version of Awakening, Markus only introduced the drag feature a few weeks ago and I agreed to use it. if you do have the latest version Markus will want to know it's not 100% reliable but I tested it before I implemented it and it worked for me. The reason I implemented it as soon as it was available was to stop the issue with the "/". I must say massive congratulations to work out the solution on your own.

I'm concerned about the game crashes, I get a few myself and they seem completely random but I do not get as many as you describe. Unfortunately there is no error log when this happens so hunting it down is very hard. If the errors persist at that rate I would love to chat more so I can work out what the issue is. Who are you fighting, what action was she taking when it happened. A copy of the text before it crashed would be very useful.

Anyway thanks for the feedback and I hope the time you put into getting it to work is rewarding for you

Edit - Oh I should add, despite your initial issues it is clear that you now have the game installed correctly. If the game was not installed correctly then you would get errors saying things are missing but not have the game crash.
FattsDynamo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 am
I've got some user comments about the installation ...
I'm running Windows 10 64-bit version.

The game took me a minute to get set up ... I placed the RAR in the Succubi Hunter folder and was expecting it to extract directly on top of the existing files ... that's normally what I see with Milovana software, but ... the files were a few subfolders down, and after I extracted, I had to manually cut them them from the extraction and paste them into the correct level ... I mean, I *did* figure it out, and I'm decent with these things, but ... I think for the user's sake—especially for the "fixes"—I would set the sub folders such that all the user has to do is place the RAR into the Succubi Hunter folder and extract on top. I'm pretty sure that is the norm, but ... It took me a few start ups (and maybe 30 minutes of trial and error) to realize the images weren't loading after the game had started and it was because I extracted improperly ... but then, it wasn't *really* extracting improperly, because there were those manual steps of cutting/pasting into the proper folders from the extraction, so ... I would suggest changing the subfolders so the user can just place into the Succubi Hunter folder and "Extract Here."

I followed your "detailed install instructions." VERY thorough—VERY well done :yes: ... I don't think I could have gotten it installed properly without that :no: ... A few comments about issues I had while installing ...

After I started the tease for the first time, there were instructions to drag and drop the install folder onto the screen. I tried this over and over. My computer wouldn't let me. It wouldn't work. Maybe there is some setting which wouldn't allow me to do that, but ... I just have a typical Windows 10 install, so ... Perhaps add some instructions about what to do if the drag and drop doesn't work?

What it really needed was the install file address. I can't recall if it specified "Tease AI - Awake" main installation folder or "Succubi Hunter" or just "installation folder" and didn't specify "TeaseAI - Awake" and not "Succubi Hunter." I remember being a bit confused about that point, but, then I decided it probably meant "Tease AI - Awake" and went with that ...

After several minutes of the drag and drop failing and restarting the app several times, I almost gave up, but ... then I decided what the software wanted was just the file tree address and typed that in manually ... and that worked! :w00t: ... THEN I ran into the issues I described above (making sure the media folder were in the correct place) ... You said in your instructions to pick a default image folder ... I chose "butts", and so I got images from that folder during the opening, and, having never played the game before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but ... once Sasha started speaking, I figured, "Okay, something isn't right ... I should probably be seeing pictures of her ..." (and that's when I checked the subdirectories and realized they were empty. :look:) And I think I extracted the "fix" folder properly—or something—but NOT the main media ... because I was getting the missing file errors, and at THAT point I realized my media file tree installation mistake ...

So, I had figured out I needed to manually type the file address (and NOT follow the prompt to "drag and drop"—because that wasn't working for my machine) ... and I think it took me two tries to fix the media file issue ... but ... THEN ... there was already a save file, and I didn't want to miss the opening, so ... I read your comment about the "save state" being in the "system\variables" folder, and I tried deleting that in order to reset from scratch ... but, here's the thing ... My install was F:\TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\SuccubiHunter", and there was a SuccubiHunter\System\Variables folder in it ... HOWEVER ... that was NOT the actual location of my save ... I cleared out that folder, but that did NOT render a full reset; I just deleted a "MetronomeSpecialStimulation" file, but ... I'm not the programmer ... How was I to know that that was NOT it? :-/ So, when that didn't give me a fresh restart, I remembered from my previous experience with TeaseAI (which is limited), that the saves are kept in an hidden folder under the user's profile (or something) ... So, I had to go to "C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume5\TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\System\Variables" and clear out THAT folder (bear in mind, the VTRoot folder is normally "hidden" in Windows, so ... if you have some computer neophyte, they might never be able to find it ...) ... and THAT gave me the full reset I needed ...

But ... THEN ... on the very next retry/reinstall, I typed "F:\TeaseAIAwake" instead of "F:\TeaseAIAwake\", and when the game finished setting up and trying to display pictures, I kept getting error messages which made me realize I forgot the backslash ... So, I wiped the variable folder one more time. At that point, I was getting images of Sasha (but hadn't seen the town), and after I got the correct file address manually typed, I FINALLY got to see the intro as intended ... nice little story, by the way! :smile:

Ummm ... so ... based on all of that, let me give you my little bulleted list of suggested changes:
  • Change the media and "fix" RARs file structure so that they can be placed into the Succubi Hunter folder and extracted from there.
    The initial instructions about installing Tease AI - Awake were good, and the instructions about installing Succubi Hunter were clear ... it was just the media files and fix folders ... THOSE steps weren't explicit about exactly what to do, and usually for these things you just place it in the folder you were told and extract, but ... here, because the media was in the subfolders, it required some manual cutting/pasting and thought and paying attention to where you were pasting ... and yeah, I'm pretty decent at these things, and I bungled my first few attempts so :look: ... I can imagine it would be harder for people who understand less of what they are doing! :lol:
  • During installation, state that if dragging and dropping the folder on the screen is not permitted, the user will need to manually type in the file address. (Copying/pasting the address didn't work for me.)
  • Specify explicitly that it wants the folder for the "TeaseAIAwake" installation.
  • Include an example in the initial installation prompt "D:\TeaseAIAwake\" or make sure to mention to not forget the final backslash
  • At the end of the "Starting Succubi Hunter" section, maybe Step 5 should be something like, "If you see an image of a town during the introduction and images of Sasha Foxxx appear when "Sasha:" appears on the text screen, then you have installed things correctly."
  • Though stated elsewhere, make sure that you include in the initial "Game Guide" post where the save file is located. Mention that for Windows users, the file may be in the C:\VTRoot folder (which is usually hidden) in one of the "HarddiskVolume#" subfolders. Don't delete the files in the "Variables" folder of the main install.
    (Having all of this stuff in one easy-to-find place is VERY helpful so the user doesn't have to go searching through forum posts ...)
  • Likewise, though stated elsewhere, in the game guide section, mention the bit about changing the difficulty by altering the following files directly:
    • TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Vocabulary\#OnOffStrokeTimer.txt
    • TeaseAI\Scripts\SuccubiHunter\Vocabulary\#SteadyStrokeTimer.txt
In general, FANTASTIC job! :w00t: It's complicated, so, it's needed but ... This has got to be some of THE BEST software documentation that I have seen on this site, so ... well done! :yes: I hope my user experience feedback will be helpful to you in order to make the game more accessible for others (because what's the point of going through all of this trouble to publish if others can't enjoy it! :lol:)

When I was copy/pasting the "fix" ( I believe), there were issues with the paste freezing/stopping at 98% ... I saw this was addressed in one of the posts ... Haven't read it yet, but ... I'll have to go back and read what your answer was about that ...
... as well as some bugs to report ...
I played for like 6 hours so far, and the game hard crashed on me 4 times. Each time it did so, it stopped responding completely, froze, and the cursor turned into that spinning blue ring ... after I a while, Windows would give me the message that the program had stopped responding and asked if I wanted to close it...

Each time this happened, the game recognized something went wrong and gave me the option to load in from my last location (which I did each time) or from the main town.

The first crash happened with Alexa (Alexa Rydell). She ambushed me and it went into forced stroking ... I couldn't act. After about three different sequences, the game crashed.

The second crash happened with Liya Silver. I'm not 100%, but I think it died during a transition after I did damage. I encountered her again later, and actually made it through the entire encounter, except at the end ... I did fatal damage to her, and the game crashed for me right after that (as described above).

The other encounter that crashed was for Galina. I think it happened during her 3rd transition IIRC.

Again, these were hard crashes with no error codes reported as the game just froze up, and upon restarting, there were no messages either except for the system commenting that it looks like I crashed ...

Everything else worked correctly. No issues with Sasha. I encountered Guerlain twice without issue, Caprice once. The encounters with Leona Mia, Milana, and Sheryl all seemed to work fine, so ... it makes me think I did the install properly, but ... not sure what the deal is :-/ ... I'll keep making notes about crashes and report back if I see any more.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

FattsDynamo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 am
[...]
A hell of a trip you did, wow!
I guess most users would have just give up like "f***, it doesn't work!" and never gave it another chance.

Did you had any picture on the screen while you was prompted to drag and drop? (If yes, what kind of picture?)
Or wasn't there any picture because of all that other trouble with file-paths and such?

Anyway, I've looked it up (quickly this late eve) and I guess I have to add that feature to some more places, ... will be in the next update of Awakening.
(So most probably it's not about any settings or Windows 10).

but ... then I decided what the software wanted was just the file tree address and typed that in manually ... and that worked! :w00t:
Yepp, basically it works more or less like the @InputVar[X] command.

My install was F:\TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\SuccubiHunter", and there was a SuccubiHunter\System\Variables folder in it ... HOWEVER ... that was NOT the actual location of my save ... I cleared out that folder, but that did NOT render a full reset;

[...]

I remembered from my previous experience with TeaseAI (which is limited), that the saves are kept in an hidden folder under the user's profile (or something) ... So, I had to go to "C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume5\TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\System\Variables" and clear out THAT folder (bear in mind, the VTRoot folder is normally "hidden" in Windows, so ... if you have some computer neophyte, they might never be able to find it ...) ... and THAT gave me the full reset I needed ...

Tai Awakening ITSELF does not save ANY data OUTSIDE the installation folder of it, period.
This was something which was important to me right from the first line of code I have written, so it does not save something to any hidden place on your PC, it's designed and coded 100% portable.

But what I cannot control or take care of is if some third-party software mess up your PC and the locations in which things are stored.
Now before your post, I have never heard anything about a 'VTRoot' folder before, ... a quick google search revealed i.e. this:
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 248066054/

There are a lot of other results when searching for 'VTRoot', just give it a try and you might come to the conclusion to use another Anti-Virus software instead. ;-)

Specify explicitly that it wants the folder for the "TeaseAIAwake" installation.
Don't get me wrong, ... I am really happy that new stuff and content shows up, but I was critical about the way content and media is placed in this right from the start.
Most of all that trouble could have been avoided if the relative given paths and folders would have been used, and I hope that one day it will be updated to be better organized and uses the given structure, like YourInstallFolder/Video/SuccubiHunter, ... YourInstallFolder/Images/SuccubiHunter and so on.

I have already suggested to meowww to reencode the videos, this might or might not help on that issue.

If that not helps, ...

@ SuccubiHunterRPG:
Could you put those 'critical' parts of those scripts which FattsDynamo had problems with (crashes) together, so I could test them through and look them up for possible problems?
(Maybe it's just a usage of commands which I didn't had in mind while creating what could lead to those problems, ... if that's the case I would like to try to make that more fail-safe!)

Best greetings,
Markus
FattsDynamo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FattsDynamo »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:41 am
@SuccubiHunterRPG replies:
It's Markus platform (TeaseAi Awakening), my game scripting and Meowwww media.
No, no—I get that. I was impressed at the scope of the project as well as the level of collaboration. You do get that from time to time around here, but ... RARELY have I seen three people work SO WELL together (with such focus and a clear division of labor) to put together a project of THIS magnitude ... I mean it's really rather incredible ...
I will say this about your main point regarding using the TeaseAI Directory and not the Scripts directory as the expected place to copy the files.
No, no I understand your decision to stick it all in the "Scripts" folder. I thought that was actually quite clever doing so, because it did not interfere with the main program and files running Tease AI. It would be INCREDIBLY inconvenient to need two separate installs of Tease AI: one for the regular dommes and personalities and one for Succubi Hunter ... My main point was just the pathing of the RAR files and how they extract ...

For example, the SuccubiFullFix.RAR file has a tree that is "SuccubiFullFix\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Succubi". It should just be "Custom\Succubi" zipped inside of the .RAR file. Then, the instructions should be "Place the SuccubiFullFix.RAR file into the "TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\SuccubiHunter" folder and extract there." Then, it will simply extract on top of the "Custom" file tree and everything will go where it needs to. As it stands now, one must extract the SuccubiFullFix.RAR file somewhere, manually select the "SuccubiFullFix\SuccubiHunter\Custom" folder, copy it, and paste it into the "TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\SuccubiHunter" folder. Or, you could copy the "SuccubiFullFix\SuccubiHunter" folder from the extract files and paste it into the "TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\" folder ... that would work, too, but ... Your instructions were SO very good, that I could just follow them step by step explicitly WITHOUT having to think, and then, all of a sudden, I had to start thinking independently while trying to understand this complicated file tree ... and even I—who am usually pretty good with these things—botched the paste job and copy/pasted incorrectly ...
but it will take time to update the instructions and coordinate and upload a new folder structures with Meowww.
Having Meowwww make the .RAR file structure simpler and reuploading is probably a big ask ... maybe have him simplify that for next time? :-/ I guess the easier fix would just to add a few more sentences and be explicit in stating EXACTLY which file from the extract to copy where ... like, that SHOULD be easy to do, but ... lol ... it got ME :lol:, so ... If I made that mistake, I'm sure I wasn't the only one struggling ...

Yes, the install is complicated, but ... as you said, it's three separate things, and your instructions were SUPER good—just a few suggestions to improve it is all ...
Regarding the folder path, I suspect that you have an older version of Awakening
No, I don't think so ... I'm pretty sure I downloaded the one from your instructions ... It's says it's 2.77. Is there a more recent version?
Regarding the folder path, I suspect that you have an older version of Awakening, Markus only introduced the drag feature a few weeks ago and I agreed to use it. if you do have the latest version Markus will want to know it's not 100% reliable but I tested it before I implemented it and it worked for me. The reason I implemented it as soon as it was available was to stop the issue with the "/".
Okay ... that all makes sense ... yeah, for these things, you want to make them AS SIMPLE for the user as possible, so ... had that worked, it DEFINITELY would have made things easier! :lol: Yeah, that "\" issue would have left a LOT of people dead in the water! :lol:
I must say massive congratulations to work out the solution on your own.
Meh ... I'm a fifth rate programmer, lol. Took 1.5 programming courses in university. (I wouldn't consider "intro to MATLAB" to be a proper "programming" course! :lol:) I've messed around coding Arduinos and of course done some work with TeaseMe and GuideMe, although ... Mostly I just use PlayfulGuy's scripting editor, because it makes coding in GuideMe SO very simple ... even a coding baboon such as myself can use it with ease! :lol:
Anyway thanks for the feedback and I hope the time you put into getting it to work is rewarding for you
Yeah, I think it will be ... spent a few hours downloading and installing ... probably already gotten 8 hours of playtime out ... I'll DEFINITELY get a LOT more mileage out of it ... hopefully my feedback will help others get it running and enjoy it ... So far, it's been VERY good ...
Edit - Oh I should add, despite your initial issues it is clear that you now have the game installed correctly. If the game was not installed correctly then you would get errors saying things are missing but not have the game crash.
Yup! That was my assumption as well! ;-)

I thought a few times that with the crashes that perhaps I did something wrong with the install, but ... I was like, "No, if the install was wrong, it wouldn't be working at all; the fact that it is means you're probably good."
markus wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 pm
@markus replies:
Succubi Hunter RPG has been on my radar for about a month now. When he said that there was a new implementation coming with a new release for Tease AI, I was like, "Well, don't bother getting into it now ... just wait till it's all shiny and new, and then you won't have to redownload and figure everything out ..."
I guess most users would have just give up like "f***, it doesn't work!" and never gave it another chance.
True, but ...
  1. I saw posts from other people about it, so ... I *knew* it was possible to get the game running.
  2. With this janky, free, "community-based", "in-house", "fan-made" software (whatever you want to call it [no offense, btw! *I* could NEVER remake TeaseAI from the ground up ... I CAN BARELY INSTALL IT PROPERLY!! :lol:]) ... It CANNOT be sold ... It can't "be an app" (as one person suggested in the thread) ... NO ONE actually owns the copyrighted, pirated material ... the best you can do is say, "hey, support these models" and hope no one bothers to send you a cease-and-desist lawyer letter forcing you to take it down (because it's not worth it, because it's free advertising, so much porn gets pirated anyway, and nobody is making any money off of it) ... Projects like these are written by dudes on their nights and weekends as a labor of love ... I've used both GuideMe and TeaseAI in the past, so ... I knew what I was in for when I started this process ...
  3. SuccubiHunterRPG's installation documentation is some of the BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN on this site ...
  4. I read the reviews. I'm a sucker for "Succubus themed games." :blush: I was going to put forth an effort and try to push past, lol. :innocent:
Did you had any picture on the screen while you was prompted to drag and drop? (If yes, what kind of picture?)
Or wasn't there any picture because of all that other trouble with file-paths and such?
In his instructions, SuccubiHunterRPG said to choose a default "domme directory" in the setup in order to avoid potential errors. I did that. Apparently, I managed to extract meowwww's core media pack correctly, so I was treated to lovely ladies flashing their asses during the opening (IIRC) ... but, I missed on the Succubi extraction. I *did* see the error message telling me that it could not find "Sasha" files, and *that* is what prompted me to check the folder that was given in the error message, which, then I saw that that folder was empty and realized I pasted the succubi files incorrectly.
Tai Awakening ITSELF does not save ANY data OUTSIDE the installation folder of it, period.
This was something which was important to me right from the first line of code I have written, so it does not save something to any hidden place on your PC, it's designed and coded 100% portable.
Okay, well ... that is NOT the case—at least on my machine.

I mean, the original TeaseAI did the same thing ... I'm guessing it's some sort of Windows thing ... GuideMe does the same thing, too. When I want a "fresh" install of GuideMe, I have to root around in hidden folders on my C:\ and clear out files saved there ...

I believe you when you say it's not TeaseAI ... My gut says it's Windows trying to save various "user profile" files and such ... I appreciate that you've taken steps to keep it all self-contained, but ... yeah, I had shit installed on the F:\ and had to go to C:\ to clear it out ... Maybe you're running Linnux or IOS or have some better Windows privacy settings than I do or something ... It's not a big deal, and I don't care, but ... since most users will be using Windows, it's probably worth noting somewhere in the documentation ...
Now before your post, I have never heard anything about a 'VTRoot' folder before, ... a quick google search revealed i.e. this:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So it's STEAM messing me over! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of ALL things! :lol:

Whelp ... THAT'S good to know! :lol:

No, it's probably Steam ... There's a Steam subfolder in there ... Or maybe it's viruses, lol ... I'm pretty sure I've got some nasty ones I need to take care of ... My computer lags to shit sometimes, but ... Well, you know ... Gonna need to take at LEAST an hour to uninstall shit, download another anti-virus, boot up in safe mode, run the anti-virus ... just a hassle I keep procrastinating on. :innocent:
Most of all that trouble could have been avoided if the relative given paths and folders would have been used, and I hope that one day it will be updated to be better organized and uses the given structure, like YourInstallFolder/Video/SuccubiHunter, ... YourInstallFolder/Images/SuccubiHunter and so on.
Agreed ... but that's not you, man! ;-) As SuccubiHunterRPG stated above, you just developed the primary software ... he did the game, and meowwww was the media man ... and meowwww did a FANTASTIC job on the media :thumbsup: ... I don't expect the media man to get that stuff down perfectly ... and you guys are anonymous strangers coordinating over the Internet, not three guys working in the same office at Blizzard. That this project got published and is playable at ALL is a series of minor miracles and a testament to you threes hard work and dedication. :yes:
Could you put those 'critical' parts of those scripts which FattsDynamo had problems with (crashes) together, so I could test them through and look them up for possible problems?
(Maybe it's just a usage of commands which I didn't had in mind while creating what could lead to those problems, ... if that's the case I would like to try to make that more fail-safe!)
Part of the issue is that the crashes have been intermittent, so ... yeah, maybe it's something SH messed up in his programming, or, maybe it is just a random set of actions that interacted and that's something you can address ... idk. :-/

Yeah, the next time meowwww gets around to reuploading the media, just have him fix the file trees then. Until then, the simplest fix would be for SH to just add a few extra sentences in the instructions ...

But, I'll keep the bug reports coming and try my best to describe/note when/where the crashes occur. :yes:

As I stated earlier, this thing was free and is still obviously in the beta phase ... Bugs and errors are to be expected ... I was inspired by the dedication and work and thankful to play it, so ... I was HAPPY to take some time and give some detailed feedback ... I just wanted to help a bit! :-D 8-)
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

I'm about to go offline for a few days but I can't ignore the quality of your feedback and also Markus for being so prompt to provide such quality feedback when he already has so much of his time dedicated to his project for which Succubi Hunter is only a minor consideration.

It's great we have attracted another individual who knows what he is doing. And FYI you have more programming experience than me. I have never done any programming, all I have is mathematical training in logic.

Regarding the origin of the crashes, I experience them too and they are truly random so there are two likely possible explanations (and a million implausible explanations). It's the random media or the randomness I have programmed into my scripts, everything else is linear and as such easy to replicate and fix.

This has been a 12 month private project and a 6 month collaborative project and I am proud to admit it 98% of the problems were me :) Even things i have fixed turn up broken later. As I try to grow the plot and fix bugs I frequently introduce new errors.

My best guess is your problems are the same as mine and you have just been unlucky to experience them a bit more frequently than I do

At the moment my guess is that I accidentally broke something that use to work, my next best guess is that you and I have some random media in your genre categories for images that awakening does not like or some corrupt videos. I suspect it's me however as Markus did great work fixing the handling of corrupt/incompatible images and corrupt videos would probably have been picked up by our game testing.

The best way for me to work what is going wrong is the text before the game crashed as that will tell me where you were in the scripts. If you were battling a succubi (which is where all my crashes occur) it would also be good if you could open the \System\Variables folder and tell me the SuccubiID, the SuccubiStateType and the MediaSet values

Anyway I'm offline for a few days - hope you all have a good couple of days

FattsDynamo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:00 am
No, no—I get that. I was impressed at the scope of the project as well as the level of collaboration. You do get that from time to time around here, but ... RARELY have I seen three people work SO WELL together (with such focus and a clear division of labor) to put together a project of THIS magnitude ... I mean it's really rather incredible ...
I will say this about your main point regarding using the TeaseAI Directory and not the Scripts directory as the expected place to copy the files.
No, no I understand your decision to stick it all in the "Scripts" folder. I thought that was actually quite clever doing so, because it did not interfere with the main program and files running Tease AI. It would be INCREDIBLY inconvenient to need two separate installs of Tease AI: one for the regular dommes and personalities and one for Succubi Hunter ... My main point was just the pathing of the RAR files and how they extract ...

For example, the SuccubiFullFix.RAR file has a tree that is "SuccubiFullFix\SuccubiHunter\Custom\Succubi". It should just be "Custom\Succubi" zipped inside of the .RAR file. Then, the instructions should be "Place the SuccubiFullFix.RAR file into the "TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\SuccubiHunter" folder and extract there." Then, it will simply extract on top of the "Custom" file tree and everything will go where it needs to. As it stands now, one must extract the SuccubiFullFix.RAR file somewhere, manually select the "SuccubiFullFix\SuccubiHunter\Custom" folder, copy it, and paste it into the "TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\SuccubiHunter" folder. Or, you could copy the "SuccubiFullFix\SuccubiHunter" folder from the extract files and paste it into the "TeaseAIAwake\Scripts\" folder ... that would work, too, but ... Your instructions were SO very good, that I could just follow them step by step explicitly WITHOUT having to think, and then, all of a sudden, I had to start thinking independently while trying to understand this complicated file tree ... and even I—who am usually pretty good with these things—botched the paste job and copy/pasted incorrectly ...
but it will take time to update the instructions and coordinate and upload a new folder structures with Meowww.
Having Meowwww make the .RAR file structure simpler and reuploading is probably a big ask ... maybe have him simplify that for next time? :-/ I guess the easier fix would just to add a few more sentences and be explicit in stating EXACTLY which file from the extract to copy where ... like, that SHOULD be easy to do, but ... lol ... it got ME :lol:, so ... If I made that mistake, I'm sure I wasn't the only one struggling ...

Yes, the install is complicated, but ... as you said, it's three separate things, and your instructions were SUPER good—just a few suggestions to improve it is all ...
Regarding the folder path, I suspect that you have an older version of Awakening
No, I don't think so ... I'm pretty sure I downloaded the one from your instructions ... It's says it's 2.77. Is there a more recent version?
Regarding the folder path, I suspect that you have an older version of Awakening, Markus only introduced the drag feature a few weeks ago and I agreed to use it. if you do have the latest version Markus will want to know it's not 100% reliable but I tested it before I implemented it and it worked for me. The reason I implemented it as soon as it was available was to stop the issue with the "/".
Okay ... that all makes sense ... yeah, for these things, you want to make them AS SIMPLE for the user as possible, so ... had that worked, it DEFINITELY would have made things easier! :lol: Yeah, that "\" issue would have left a LOT of people dead in the water! :lol:
Meh ... I'm a fifth rate programmer, lol. Took 1.5 programming courses in university. (I wouldn't consider "intro to MATLAB" to be a proper "programming" course! :lol:) I've messed around coding Arduinos and of course done some work with TeaseMe and GuideMe, although ... Mostly I just use PlayfulGuy's scripting editor, because it makes coding in GuideMe SO very simple ... even a coding baboon such as myself can use it with ease! :lol:
Yeah, I think it will be ... spent a few hours downloading and installing ... probably already gotten 8 hours of playtime out ... I'll DEFINITELY get a LOT more mileage out of it ... hopefully my feedback will help others get it running and enjoy it ... So far, it's been VERY good ...

I thought a few times that with the crashes that perhaps I did something wrong with the install, but ... I was like, "No, if the install was wrong, it wouldn't be working at all; the fact that it is means you're probably good."
@markus replies:
Succubi Hunter RPG has been on my radar for about a month now. When he said that there was a new implementation coming with a new release for Tease AI, I was like, "Well, don't bother getting into it now ... just wait till it's all shiny and new, and then you won't have to redownload and figure everything out ..."
True, but ...
  1. I saw posts from other people about it, so ... I *knew* it was possible to get the game running.
  2. With this janky, free, "community-based", "in-house", "fan-made" software (whatever you want to call it [no offense, btw! *I* could NEVER remake TeaseAI from the ground up ... I CAN BARELY INSTALL IT PROPERLY!! :lol:]) ... It CANNOT be sold ... It can't "be an app" (as one person suggested in the thread) ... NO ONE actually owns the copyrighted, pirated material ... the best you can do is say, "hey, support these models" and hope no one bothers to send you a cease-and-desist lawyer letter forcing you to take it down (because it's not worth it, because it's free advertising, so much porn gets pirated anyway, and nobody is making any money off of it) ... Projects like these are written by dudes on their nights and weekends as a labor of love ... I've used both GuideMe and TeaseAI in the past, so ... I knew what I was in for when I started this process ...
  3. SuccubiHunterRPG's installation documentation is some of the BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN on this site ...
  4. I read the reviews. I'm a sucker for "Succubus themed games." :blush: I was going to put forth an effort and try to push past, lol. :innocent:
In his instructions, SuccubiHunterRPG said to choose a default "domme directory" in the setup in order to avoid potential errors. I did that. Apparently, I managed to extract meowwww's core media pack correctly, so I was treated to lovely ladies flashing their asses during the opening (IIRC) ... but, I missed on the Succubi extraction. I *did* see the error message telling me that it could not find "Sasha" files, and *that* is what prompted me to check the folder that was given in the error message, which, then I saw that that folder was empty and realized I pasted the succubi files incorrectly.

I mean, the original TeaseAI did the same thing ... I'm guessing it's some sort of Windows thing ... GuideMe does the same thing, too. When I want a "fresh" install of GuideMe, I have to root around in hidden folders on my C:\ and clear out files saved there ...

I believe you when you say it's not TeaseAI ... My gut says it's Windows trying to save various "user profile" files and such ... I appreciate that you've taken steps to keep it all self-contained, but ... yeah, I had shit installed on the F:\ and had to go to C:\ to clear it out ... Maybe you're running Linnux or IOS or have some better Windows privacy settings than I do or something ... It's not a big deal, and I don't care, but ... since most users will be using Windows, it's probably worth noting somewhere in the documentation ...

No, it's probably Steam ... There's a Steam subfolder in there ... Or maybe it's viruses, lol ... I'm pretty sure I've got some nasty ones I need to take care of ... My computer lags to shit sometimes, but ... Well, you know ... Gonna need to take at LEAST an hour to uninstall shit, download another anti-virus, boot up in safe mode, run the anti-virus ... just a hassle I keep procrastinating on. :innocent:
Agreed ... but that's not you, man! ;-) As SuccubiHunterRPG stated above, you just developed the primary software ... he did the game, and meowwww was the media man ... and meowwww did a FANTASTIC job on the media :thumbsup: ... I don't expect the media man to get that stuff down perfectly ... and you guys are anonymous strangers coordinating over the Internet, not three guys working in the same office at Blizzard. That this project got published and is playable at ALL is a series of minor miracles and a testament to you threes hard work and dedication. :yes:
Part of the issue is that the crashes have been intermittent, so ... yeah, maybe it's something SH messed up in his programming, or, maybe it is just a random set of actions that interacted and that's something you can address ... idk. :-/

Yeah, the next time meowwww gets around to reuploading the media, just have him fix the file trees then. Until then, the simplest fix would be for SH to just add a few extra sentences in the instructions ...

But, I'll keep the bug reports coming and try my best to describe/note when/where the crashes occur. :yes:

As I stated earlier, this thing was free and is still obviously in the beta phase ... Bugs and errors are to be expected ... I was inspired by the dedication and work and thankful to play it, so ... I was HAPPY to take some time and give some detailed feedback ... I just wanted to help a bit! :-D 8-)
FattsDynamo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FattsDynamo »

@SuccubiHunterRPG (mostly ... but also markus and meowwww to a lesser extent ... just prepare yourself for a MASSIVE read ...):

So, my initial posts focused on giving feedback vis-a-vis the software installation ... I figured that was important and worthwhile, because if people can't play it, then what's the point of trying to get it out there? :lol: However, I ALSO had a lot of feedback to give on the game itself, but ... I couldn't just sit and write and give it ALL because, well ... I ALSO wanted to take some time to play the game—you know? ;-) :-P

But ... I have a LOT more to say! :lol: ;-)

So, here are some of my initial thoughts:
FANTASTIC job on this, my dude! :w00t: I've been on this site for a while ... I've seen a lot of different teases and games ... this one is EXCELLENT! :thumbsup: The game itself and the RPG elements are good ... the story is interesting ... the battle mechanics seem to work well ... AND it uses VIDEO! :w00t: First time I have ever seen video in a game/tease like this ... well done! And hats off to meowwww for the DOZENS of hours he spent putting all of those videos together :thumbsup: and figuring out all of the timings! :-O That was NO small feat! :no:
A little background about me ...
I was mostly a lurker on here for a LONG time ... I wrote a TeaseMe tease that I never posted (and deleted it at some point). :rolleyes: I've messed around with TeaseAI a little bit ... I've done a fair bit with GuideMe ... I played around with Pilgrim's Quest a bit ... I actually completely remade a version of "Skirmish RPG" ... probably doubled or tripled the number of girls—remade the encounters using all "real" pics instead of hentai, but ... then I never finished the final boss scene (and deleted it :rolleyes:) ...

Anyways, I have been active on the "Help Me Cum, Please!" thread for about a year, on this account and another one (LeeroyJerkins :-D 8-)) There, I actually DID post a SHIT TON of content. (At this point, I have LITERALLY spent hundreds of hours of my life writing porn teases. :lol:) I have worked a LOT with GuideMe ... PlayfulGuy's scripting engine is AMAZING and SO EASY to use when coding ... I won't use anything else really, lol ... I checked out EoS a bit, but ... the native HTML "tease maker" is SO cumbersome and SLOW compared to how easy PG's scripting engine is ... Plus, to get the full functionality of EoS, you have to do some things with Java (to get it to do certain things), and I don't know Java, so ...

I DEFINITELY spent some time with TeaseAI. :yes: I'm not so much into the "denial" aspect of it :no:, so ... that part never really appealed to me ... and the format and way it works is just SO different from GuideMe—which is MUCH more linear and straightforward to me :yes: ... I've also written some GuideMe scripts for my own use ... SLOWLY they'll be ready for publication (one day—maybe :look:) ... but that's pretty much my experience with all of this ...
So, where to start ...
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:50 pm I used Tease AI for 3 reasons
• Tease AI awakening allows you to use videos as part of the tease
• By using Tease AI I can create an open world that others can contribute to
• I had played with Tease AI and knew how to use it
This made me laugh when I first read it—and I found it intriguing! :w00t:

Sticking to a system you know—I get that. The desire for "open world that everyone can contribute to" is often a goal around here ... d3vi0n had that in mind with Pilgrim Quest, but the community never "rose up" to support that dream (sadly) ... and the project was EXTREMELY massive ... so it died :\'-( ...

My ALL TIME favorite tease on here is "Mazes" by Desert Fox. In fact, I spent EASILY over 100 hours working on an 8 part MEGA tease which I posted on the "Help Me Cum Please!" thread that was basically a HMCP/GuideMe crossover ... The HMC thread is basically custom teases ... you create and use your own rules ... I *thought* about transcribing it over as a "Classic Tease", but ... the formatting is set for it to be played in the thread window ... and it would be a LOT of work, so ... It'll remain a nice little "hidden gem" on this site. ;-) If you ever play it, let me know, and ... if you were a fan of "Mazes" you should DEFINITELY play it! :w00t:

But, anyway, "Mazes" used PlayfulGuy's scripting editor, and actually, at least ONE person created some pretty nice content that was able to slot into Mazes and provide some extra replay value. So, there definitely IS precedent for people getting excited about "open world projects" they can contribute to, but ... more on that later ...

I'm a BIG fan of maze teases, btw. :blush: If the maze cannot be completed in more than 4-6 hours, I'll cum and continue the next day though (because I HATE denial :-P). :innocent: In my mind, schefflera is the undisputed, OG godfather of Milovana maze teases. :yes: He put out THREE solid mazes (Bree's, Talia's, and Iana's) in a short span, and published them BOTH as webteases AND as TeaseMe teases. :-O :yes: Maze of Passion and Maze of Passion 2 were BOTH very good, but ... I would say Maze of Desire is especially notable to our conversation here, because DerpZerp wrote that using PlayfulGuy's scripting editor (which is VERY easy to use) ... He was inspired by DesertFox's Mazes and basically made his own version ... "Mazes" is still better, though. The story is better. The encounters are random, AND they change after repeated visits. :yes: (A successful technique you ALSO employ! :-D) Static mazes generally aren't replayable. They are FAR easier to program—which is why I think DerpZerp went that route, because his programming skills probably weren't that high ... in contrast, Desert Fox did a LOT of custom work with Java to create some pretty neat things with Mazes (such as a map, custom navigation buttons, randomly generated dungeon) ... I can't do anything fancy like that ... and his dungeon wasn't fully explained, and there was this interesting story with it that kind of pulled you in ... NOT unlike YOUR world, where you are dropped into this setting you don't quite understand :-D ;-) ... it's good shit what you're doing, SH! :yes:

I guess ONE last thing ... the HMC thread is THE longest, continually active, ongoing game on this ENTIRE site ... Helequin is the main reason for that. :yes: He built that community up through his leadership and dedication, but ... one lesson to keep in mind is that the REASON he was able to recruit SO many players—literally, over the years—is because the barrier to entry is SUPER low: Come up with some rules and write someone else a tease. Doesn't matter how crappy it is— just post some rules and a tease ... and now you're playing the game. NO coding knowledge required! :w00t:

Now, that thread has like a million views and roughly 5k replies ... That's a ratio of less than 1% ... At any given time, there are roughly a half a dozen "active" players—and sometimes upwards of a dozen ... Let's say maybe 100 people in total have EVERY posted a set there over the years ... Well, we don't know the number of average views per person, so ... we can't crank out all the numbers, but ... my point is that even with ALL of the activity, it is a VERY low participation rate ...

So, "open world contributions" is a worthwhile goal ... d3vi0n couldn't make it happen with Pilgrim Quest—though he tried. It was just too complicated, he never created a finished product, and he gave up :-/ ... His installation was better/easier. :blush: :love: (But GuideMe already existed, and it was just a matter of unzipping the RAR in the "Guides" folder; there wasn't three pieces) ... but ALSO ... his documentation was NOT as good as yours, and ... the process wasn't streamlined for user-created content ... Desert Fox made it happen—sort of—even though he DIDN'T really "try" ... 1-2 dudes made stuff, and if you ALSO count ZerpDerp ... ZerpDerp basically made an ENTIRE GAME following DF's formula and using PG's script engine, so ...

I guess what I am saying, is that the response rate for this sort of thing is SUPER low to begin with, but ... if you can lower the barriers to entry AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ... you'll get more people ... and ALSO, if the tools you give people make it easier ... you'll get more people ... and if they don't have to create a thing from scratch, you'll get more people ...

... and, you're basically making ALL of the right moves to make this happen. :yes: You have a GOOD game that's solid—AND complete. You've "inspired" people with your content (people WANT to make their own succubi) ... your documentation and support encourages people to give it a try ... you have some good activity on your thread ... Idk what you were using before, but ... How you guys have it now ... sure, their are some issues and growing pains, and ... idk what improvements markus made since I'm not really a programmer, but ... I trust that the remake is GOOD—AND he's supporting THIS project—which is HUGE! :w00t: :yes:

And for me, I think that template you are working on is ESSENTIAL ... That coupled with some good documentation ... you make it EASY for people, and yes—I think you'll be getting some community created succubi. :yes:

As you can tell, I've seen a lot, but ... I think if you keep going, you are ACTUALLY going to get some community content. :yes: Which that does NOT often happen with these projects! :lol: Everybody dreams of it, but ... that dream RARELY comes true! :lol:

So, that was all I wanted to say that was project related ... what else ... Oh! ...
I thought your choice to use TeaseAi was VERY interesting ...
I know what TeaseAI does. I've installed it at least twice and had a few mistresses. :blush: HOWEVER ... I did NOT know that it was possible to use that platform to create a game. That was surprising ... I was curious to see how that would be done ...
I REALLY liked how you chose to use video ...
I mean ... that was just ABSOLUTELY incredible to me! :w00t: GuideMe and EoS uses pics and animated GIFs. Cock Hero videos are fun, but they lack that interactivity of software-based teases.

The video-based teases that you, markus, and meowwww were able to put together ... I mean ... it's just INCREDIBLE! :w00t: The potential is CRAZY. I have LITERALLY *NEVER* seen it done before on this site—and I have seen a LOT. :blush: :yes:

And to me, the CRAZIEST thing is that you have figured out how to ACTUALLY turn it into a gamefied tease ... I know that TeaseAI used video before, but ... the time stamps and the looping and being able to choose your actions ... NEVER seen that done before ... AND ... in a few short months (or less), once all the kinks are ironed out, the templates are done, and the documentation is TIGHT ... ANYONE will be able to take ANY video and create a succubi to slot into your game? ... that is just BEYOND and SUPER cool, man ... so WELL DONE to the three of YOU!

:mbounce: :thankyou: :mbounce: :happy2:
Alright, that's enough praise and "fanboying" about all of THAT! :blush: :lol: Let me give you some feedback as a fellow developer and tease writer ...
Good story. It's basic on the surface, but ... fantasy "tease games" where the player fights Succubi ... they're popular on this site FOR A REASON. It's a premise that makes sense. It's a winning formula ... it's good to use.

Your story is a little bit different—which is good. You need to make it unique. I like that not all of the succubi are "bad." You've done some good world building there. I am both interested and engaged in the story ... I *want* to complete it to see how it turns out, and I *like* that I am the main character ... I have a purpose ... and ... I played "Hero Corruption" ... it was SUPER good, but ... It was WAY too hard ... I didn't like how my character kept dying and you always basically started from scratch ... and THEN you only had 14 days to "win" ... I mean, it's not BAD game design ... it has it's own style, but ... I prefer *your* design choices where "dying in battle" doesn't mean the game ends, I can continue my progress, and the story doesn't stutter-step ... it's continuous, because I can just keep going ... and it is a GOOD story. There's intrigue. I don't know exactly how it will end ... I mean ... OBVIOUSLY with storming the castle and defeating Tori Black (I assume) in ferocious hand-on-dick stroking combat, but ... I'm not sure at this point (visited Caprice twice now) what the final ending will be ...

Well done on the map! :yes: I have not dared to go out of the forest yet, but ... random encounters on a fairly large, static map ... It works. AND, as I mentioned earlier, the encounters scale up, and with meowwww's yeoman's work on bulking out the media sets ... holy FUCK is there a LOT of content and REPLAY VALUE! :w00t: So, static map is not a problem ... easier to program and code ...

My one piece of major advice here ... moving around on the map ... it is REALLY cumbersome ... AFAIK, TeaseAi is supposed to be sort of "dynamic", and ... tease software in general just isn't great ... for example, navigating around in Desert Fox's Mazes ... it took some time in between steps to process all the java and whatnot ... it's the kind of "lag" people would have come to expect in their 1990s RPG games, but ... the modern gamer expects IMMEDIATE, but ... clearly, you're using TeaseAI to do something it was NOT originally intended to do: be a game, so ... and it's free, too, so ... I can accept the lag and that things might be a little slow and clunky at times ... and that's not really a complaint or a dig on you or markus, because ... well, that's just how it is—and it is par for the course—BUT ... I think one simple thing you CAN do is this:

Okay, so, every time I take a step, it takes like 20-30 seconds before I am allowed to act. Now, the majority of my time is spent wanking in combat with hot succubi, so ... if I have to wait a couple minutes in between battles, well ... I could probably use the rest anyway! :lol: BUT ... the WAY it loads, one line at a time:
1 - Go north
2 - Go east
3 - Go south
4 - Go west
5 - Search
And those little location descriptions are GREAT, btw, but ... yeah. It's like a good 30-60 seconds in between steps, and I just want to get to where I'm going ...

Now, in combat, you put all the possible actions in a row, which is fine. HOWEVER ... I understand your design choice of wanting it to all display nicely ... but, we can we get those 5 lines to just all display at once? The rest is fine with the little pauses, but ... THOSE five need to just come in a single block ... and it would GREAT reduce the wait time between locations ...

In GuideMe, you can type "\n" and that will create make the text appear on the next line while still being a part of the same statement. Does TeaseAI have a "new line" special character or code that will make that possible? My gut says it doesn't—or else you would have used it, so ... if it does not, could markus put one in?

The main TeaseAi program doesn't need it, as the mistresses are typing in "real time", but ... a "game" needs better text formatting ... and the inclusion of a "new line" break (that doesn't interrupt the coding) I think would be a REALLY great feature to add—if it doesn't have it already ...
Okay, what else ...
There are grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes left, right, and center—ALL OVER the place in this game! :lol:

I'm American, so, like a typical American, I only speak ONE language: English. I'm assuming English is not your native language, so ... I DEFINITELY cannot judge you, because I don't even know a second language to be mediocre at, lol! :lol: (Well, Spanish, but ... let's just say your English is like college-level compared to my 3 year old level of mastery in Spanish! :lol:)

Anyhow, in my view, there are FAR to many errors to report them all and fix via the forum ... what you REALLY need is a native speaker to come in and just update and fix everything in one fell swoop ... I am NOT *necessarily* volunteering myself :whistle: ... because, I'm not sure how active I will be on this site long-term, but ... You could do with a native speaker coming in and playing "editor" :innocent: ...

The problem is, TeaseAI is NOT linear like GuideMe is. It's fairly random and distributed, and where text comes from is ALL over the place and not at ALL clear—at least to me! :lol:

One thing I WILL do for ya though :-D ... I spent some time (like an hour maybe), writing "taunts." As soon as I have finished emptying my head of all of these thoughts and feedback (we're getting close to the end, btw :blush:) I am going to post a "tauntPack" on the "Collaborator's" page. :-D I noticed that the taunts were random and pulled from some files in the "Variables" folder. I basically just added a LOT of lines to almost all of them ... I did it last night before I played, and let me tell you ... it made a BIG difference! :-D

Part of the problem, is that some of the text for the transitions between succubi states happens in the ... what was it ... the "ChangeImageCheck" file in each succubi folder ... AND ... meowwww has pumped out SO many media sets—like a champ! 8-)—that updating and fixing them all will take FOREVER—but more on that later ...

What I saw as the low hanging fruit, was just padding out the "Taunt" files, so ... imma bundle them up and make a RAR and get that on the Col-lab page here in a minute (BEFORE I start playing tonight. :-/ :\'-( I WANT to play now, but ... I gotst to do my homework first! :\'-( :lol: :innocent:)
Three more things:

Difficulty ...
A difficulty mode/setting is a GREAT idea. :yes: You've already provided a workable solution by editing the #OnOffStrokeTimer.txt and #SteadyStrokeTimer.txt files directly ... and, it's simple enough, that I think even a computer neophyte could do it, so ... difficulty shouldn't be making the game unplayable for anyone ...

One thing that I miss is edging. Now, I'm kind of an edgeslut, and playing on the HMC thread for a year has ONLY made it worse ... I don't NEED to make all my masturbatory sessions focused on edging, but ... when I do ... 20 edges is a good number for me—for a "short" session ... For a two hour session, about 50 is good ... my personal limit ... I start to tire out pretty bad around 80, though, if given enough rest time ... I HAVE been able to do over 100 :blush:—but that's over 4.5 or more hours! :lol:

Now, I get what you are doing with the lvl 1 succubi, and I dug around enough in the files to notice that edging and edge holds WILL be incorporated later and I just haven't seen that yet ... Some games, like the Cursed Ascent or XXXCOM, incorporate edges are part of the game play ... I think that's mostly fine, but ... edging endurance varies WILDLY ... For me, I was okay with NOT edging, and ... I understand your design choice in wanting to keep that mechanic out of the hands of the lvl 1 Succubi, but ... it will be a while before I am "ready" to take on lvl 2 Succubi, so ... It's quite possible that me, an edge slut, could play this game for a few weeks and not even edge once—which would be a shame ...

likewise, you have that OTHER end of the spectrum, where it's a big deal to even edge 5 times in a single session. So, you don't necessarily want to make edging a required mechanic--or at least keep it limited ... so, in that regard, you decision to "save it" for higher leveled encounters is pretty good ...

That's my feedback on that, but ... yeah, it WOULD be nice just to be able to press a button and even change the difficulty setting from the town ... XXXCOM did that ... you could make encounters longer or shorter, so ... I think the ability to change difficulty in town would be the way to go. :yes:
The game's pace ...
It's REALLY slow—wait ... slow is NOT the correct word ... it's ... deliberate. ;-)

In your grand vision, I can tell that you want this to be some 30-60+ hour long RPG that takes MONTHS to beat and play through ... and that's okay. And ... meowwww did a TON of work to provide the content to make that possible. :yes: But, obviously ... at SOME point you'll need to figure out how to chunk it so that, depending on the installation, the game could be beaten in a few weeks ... I'm not sure people will want to do it over a few months, AND ... the simplest thing is just cut the number of models in half, beat it in half the time, and THEN—since it's modular—you can replay it again with ENTIRELY NEW encounters—save the story-related ones ...

I'm not sure what is possible because I am SO early in it, but ... XXXCOM had like at least two different builds ... I LOVE your open-ended character creation options ... consider, perhaps, adding even a few more, so that people can create different "builds" which would add another element and reason to replay the game ...

But I'm into it. :yes: I kind of want to experience the game "as intended" to really experience your vision for it, so ... I'm just going to keep playing, and I'll let you know how it goes! :w00t: :-D :yes: 8-)
Videos and character development:
So, I would say that my "specialty" when it comes to creating teases is "character development." In the HMC thread, we use photos. Photos are AMAZING at capturing a specific moment. They aren't quite as engaging as video in general. However, a well-written tease can sync up the dialogue with the picture to create DEVASTATING results! :blush: :-D Photos do that BETTER than video, but ... SO MUCH of that is dependent on the writing ... However, in general, videos are just more stimulating overall, and ... since NOBODY ELSE is writing tease games that use video ... what you got here is something unique and VERY good ... I mean ... h-games that use flash cartoons or something are the closest thing, but ... damn ... this is THE closest thing I have seen on here that is a LEGIT porn video game. :-O

Anyways, the looping mechanics are GREAT, and ... the "states" and how you guys implemented that with damage ... EXCELLENT! :w00t: And, given that fact that most porn videos start slow and ramp up ... you have gotten the natural crescendo of porn videos to match the building intensity of the battles (and yes, I noticed how you made the arousal levels increase and how that increased the timers. :-D ) ... it just makes it VERY EASY and NATURAL *AND* user friendly to just pick a video and create a succubi encounter ...

Now, on that point, it would just be pretty easy for newbies to use your premade characters. You've created enough levels and succubi classes. (And nice touch differentiating the levels and starting with softcore and ramping up to hardcore ... I liked that design choice. :yes:) No game development or design experience is necessary. They just pick the succubi class—no need to change stats—then sync it with a video and figure out the time stamps ... that is VERY good ... and, obviously, the more tech-inclined creators can program special attacks and whatever, and I'm sure you can help them implement their ideas, but ... you mentioned something about updating combat or succubi templates ... I can't quite remember.

Anyway, one thing you REALLY need to keep in mind is the text and dialogue. If I am going to create a succubi, I want her to be MINE. For my tease characters, I try to give every one a personality. The ideal is to have custom dialogue. The creator will choose the model and the video AND the stuff she says during the encounter. ALL of that comes together to create the entire experience. And, you want EACH girl to be unique and have her own personality.

Now, what you guys have done so far is DAMNED IMPRESSIVE. :yes: 8-) I mean ... FUCK there are a LOT of videos! :lol: I STILL wonder how many HOURS meowwww spent putting that all together! :-O But, the NEXT thing you need, is basically a writer or something to make each girl unique ...

Now, at this point, that's not possible. :-/ *I'm* a writer. (Obviously—look how much I write! :lol:) The volume of work is SO much, like ... *I* wouldn't even BEGIN to volunteer to come up with a unique personality and dialogue that melds with the video and a complete artistic vision for EVERY single one of the girls in the game, like ... DAMN that would be a LOT of work, lol! HOWEVER ... going forward ... when people are "building their own characters" ... give them that option. :-D ;-)

So, I would start thinking of a way where it will be EASY to program ALL of a girl's taunts (Attack, defend, stimulate, spell, etc). Your current solution is GOOD—it is one I REALLY like. You have used TeaseAI's tagging system VERY well ... It is NOT necessarily to come up with custom dialogue for EVERY girl ... HOWEVER ... Please consider making that an option. It's just one more way to create a unique succubus. If I went through the trouble of figuring out all of the time stamps and such—if it was me ... I would want to manifest my FULL VISION of the girl, and program EVERYTHING she says and make it unique ... Now, not everyone will want to do that, but ... I would make it an option. Not sure how you would do that, but ... think about it. I am sure you will figure out at way! :-D

Yeah, so ... like I said, I will be padding out taunt vocab files, but ... I think I have figured out even ONE MORE way to improve variety and make the succubi feel more unique with less effort. :-D

I noticed you had "personality" in addition to succubi class. Not sure if that idea has been fully implemented yet, but ... one VERY easy thing to do, would be to have every personality type have their own set of taunts. It would add a LOT of depth and variety and EASILY slap right on top of the body of work that meowwww has already done ... and, you can also create "custom" dialogue for models, but ... it should add a LOT of value. :yes:

And, I'm planning on figuring out and adding more and more taunts in stages ... give me some time ... try out what I post and see how you like it, but ... I *will* commit to coming up with sets of unique dialogue based on personality ... If there are 6-12 succubi "personalities" ... let me know, and I would be willing to write up some good taunts—to contribute to the project and "for the team" and all that! 8-) I just know how much time these projects can take, so ... DEFINITELY not committing to unique dialogue for all 500 of meowwww's succubit! :lol:
Last one ...
People play Cock Hero in order to lose, and that's a winning formula. Your game incorporates that idea. I have thought about upping the difficult but ... I haven't yet. Mostly, I want to experience the game "as the creator intended" but, also ... the longer I play, naturally, the more challenging the game becomes, so ... even those lvl 1 succubi can be tough after playing for three hours straight! :lol:

And cumming doesn't end the game, and the mechanic of making them stronger is genius, because probably the player lost because he thought they were hot, and now they become an even bigger challenge, and the player grows an even deeper bond with the succubi in their mind ... and that increased level of familiarity and attachment generates both higher levels of engagement and arousal ... This game is a series of FANTASTIC design choices, and THIS one is one of the better mechanics ... Anybody (just about) can create a balanced leveling system using points, but ... the TRUE art of game design is when the game mechanics work with the player's experience to create an even more immersive encounter ... and you have achieved that in MANY ways: the story, the worldbuilding ... SUCH a great little game—I mean the game is FAR from little, lol! :lol:
So, that's all I have for now ... feel free to respond over several posts (and even days) ... I've clearly spent a LOT of the last week playing and analyzing the game ... I guess you could say that I believe in this project and wanted to support your efforts—ESPECIALLY because it was the culmination of work from THREE people, which, around here ... it is RARE to see that happen, and ... there is some REAL potential here for this to grow and there be some more community involvement, so ... I think this project has legs. Thanks for the work that you've done, and ... I guess I better finish up and actually post MY first substantive contribution to this project ...

And one more thing:
18 month project ... DAMN! Well, as a guy who has spent time on some long projects (though none that long :blush:), I know how encouraging and helpful it can be to have feedback, so ... I hope you find my suggestions, praise, and constructive criticism all helpful! :lol: :love:
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Holy F#$% you have no idea how much I agree with everything you say, how much Meowww and I have talked about where the game will go and how close you are to the mark.

As I said I'm going to bed and the in the morning I will be offline for a few days but I thought there were a few things I could answer/provide really quickly

FYI the game difficulty is ready, I'm just testing it now it enables you to quadruple the amount of cum you harvest, the target for dominating succubi and the number of key interactions you have to have before certain NPC actions are triggered to make the game go faster are also now controlled by variables that you can modify in the system menu. At the easiest setting it will take about 20-30 hours of gameplay, if you can chose to stroke I thin you could finish it in a week :)

My next target project was to improve the taunt system. As it is I hate it and as you said it's low hanging fruit. If you are committed to doing this let me know. Hey even as I type I see that there is a private message saying your taunt pack is live.... love your work I will look at it in a few days.

Edging is not my thing but you have no idea how much Meowww has nagged me to introduce it. There are some special NPC interactions with extensive edging session you will encounter later but Meoww and I have been planning how to introduce it into a standard battle for a while (i have just had other priorities).

Finally you got one thing wrong, English is my first and only language but I wrote all the scripts with Notepad and then Notepad+ I'm a poor typist and there are soooooo many scripts in here and without a grammar and spellcheck function in these applications so many things get glanced over. It's also fair to say I am a high achiever but not necessarily the best writer :) Meoww was going to run through all the scripts with a spell checker when I go OS in February. Oh and I come from a land that speaks proper English so don't expect me to agree to Americanise my spelling :)

Going forward lets chat in the developer page, when i get back I will take the time to update is so you know where meowww and I are thinking of going as you clearly have good ideas that we should all share and perhaps it's time meoww and I were more public on our direction

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:24 am I'm about to go offline for a few days but I can't ignore the quality of your feedback and also Markus for being so prompt to provide such quality feedback when he already has so much of his time dedicated to his project for which Succubi Hunter is only a minor consideration.

It's great we have attracted another individual who knows what he is doing. And FYI you have more programming experience than me. I have never done any programming, all I have is mathematical training in logic.

Regarding the origin of the crashes, I experience them too and they are truly random so there are two likely possible explanations (and a million implausible explanations). It's the random media or the randomness I have programmed into my scripts, everything else is linear and as such easy to replicate and fix.

This has been a 12 month private project and a 6 month collaborative project and I am proud to admit it 98% of the problems were me :) Even things i have fixed turn up broken later. As I try to grow the plot and fix bugs I frequently introduce new errors.

My best guess is your problems are the same as mine and you have just been unlucky to experience them a bit more frequently than I do

At the moment my guess is that I accidentally broke something that use to work, my next best guess is that you and I have some random media in your genre categories for images that awakening does not like or some corrupt videos. I suspect it's me however as Markus did great work fixing the handling of corrupt/incompatible images and corrupt videos would probably have been picked up by our game testing.

The best way for me to work what is going wrong is the text before the game crashed as that will tell me where you were in the scripts. If you were battling a succubi (which is where all my crashes occur) it would also be good if you could open the \System\Variables folder and tell me the SuccubiID, the SuccubiStateType and the MediaSet values

Anyway I'm offline for a few days - hope you all have a good couple of days

@markus replies:
True, but ...

markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hi FattsDynamo!
First, sorry, I just skim-read your post, too much for the busy me, but what I've got on the quick read:
No, no I understand your decision to stick it all in the "Scripts" folder. I thought that was actually quite clever doing so, because it did not interfere with the main program and files running Tease AI. It would be INCREDIBLY inconvenient to need two separate installs of Tease AI: one for the regular dommes and personalities and one for Succubi Hunter

Sorry (again) ... but this is not correct.
A personality works on it's own, it has an own set of scripts, modules, vocabs, variables, flags and so on, there is basically no way that one personality could interfere into another, as long as the content is stored inside that personality folder, ... so everything installed into the 'Scripts/SuccubiHunter' folder stays there and has no impact on any other installed personalities.
(This goes for both, the original Tai as well as for Awakening).

That is for scripts and such, but not for media files, ... there is no logical reason to put media (pictures, audio, video) inside the script folder, to put media inside the script folder makes it just unnecessarily complicated.
The creator of the original Tai made the structure of that for a reason, and that was to DON'T struggle with fixed paths, like:
@ShowImage[Succubi/Succi1/bla01.jpg]
---> That displays the picture, no matter on which harddisk it is saved, no matter where Tai is installed, it just grabs the picture from the install folder/Images/Succubi/

All of that 'enter your installation path of Tai' wouldn't be necessary if it would have be designed a tad better right from the start.
(Sorry @ SuccubiHunterRPG , ... I don't want to sound harsh, and I can understand that this was your first project for Tai, no problem, ... I just wanted to mention it, please don't take it too serious or personal! )

Now, in combat, you put all the possible actions in a row, which is fine. HOWEVER ... I understand your design choice of wanting it to all display nicely ... but, we can we get those 5 lines to just all display at once? The rest is fine with the little pauses, but ... THOSE five need to just come in a single block ... and it would GREAT reduce the wait time between locations ...

In GuideMe, you can type "\n" and that will create make the text appear on the next line while still being a part of the same statement. Does TeaseAI have a "new line" special character or code that will make that possible? My gut says it doesn't—or else you would have used it, so ... if it does not, could markus put one in?

The main TeaseAi program doesn't need it, as the mistresses are typing in "real time", but ... a "game" needs better text formatting ... and the inclusion of a "new line" break (that doesn't interrupt the coding) I think would be a REALLY great feature to add—if it doesn't have it already ...

@ SuccubiHunterRPG, ... check this out! ;-) :-D

Code: Select all

@SystemMessage System: Options menu:  @RapidCodeOn
@SystemMessage System: 1 - Connect to mistress @RapidCodeOn
@SystemMessage System: 2 - Note down an orgasm outside from a session @RapidCodeOn

@SystemMessage System: 3 - Note down an orgasm restriction outside from a session @RapidCodeOn
@SystemMessage System: 4 - Note down a ruined orgasm outside from a session @RapidCodeOn
Edit:
Works best with a locked content picture on display.

Best greeings,
Markus
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

I certainly don't take offense. After all your wrong and I'm right :)

That's not true, in 99% of cases you would be right. This is the way TeaseAi is intended to be used.

And I certainly do want you to stop telling me when you think I have done things wrong as you have made several suggestions that have improved the game but I'm still stubborn on this one :)

There is a massive chunk of Succubi Hunter that has individual scripts that use individual media and only these scripts use that media. It just makes sense to have the media in the same location as the script. Yes it introduced this and a few other problems but the trade off was worth it.

markus wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:40 pm
Hi FattsDynamo!
First, sorry, I just skim-read your post, too much for the busy me, but what I've got on the quick read:
No, no I understand your decision to stick it all in the "Scripts" folder. I thought that was actually quite clever doing so, because it did not interfere with the main program and files running Tease AI. It would be INCREDIBLY inconvenient to need two separate installs of Tease AI: one for the regular dommes and personalities and one for Succubi Hunter

Sorry (again) ... but this is not correct.
A personality works on it's own, it has an own set of scripts, modules, vocabs, variables, flags and so on, there is basically no way that one personality could interfere into another, as long as the content is stored inside that personality folder, ... so everything installed into the 'Scripts/SuccubiHunter' folder stays there and has no impact on any other installed personalities.
(This goes for both, the original Tai as well as for Awakening).

That is for scripts and such, but not for media files, ... there is no logical reason to put media (pictures, audio, video) inside the script folder, to put media inside the script folder makes it just unnecessarily complicated.
The creator of the original Tai made the structure of that for a reason, and that was to DON'T struggle with fixed paths, like:
@ShowImage[Succubi/Succi1/bla01.jpg]
---> That displays the picture, no matter on which harddisk it is saved, no matter where Tai is installed, it just grabs the picture from the install folder/Images/Succubi/

All of that 'enter your installation path of Tai' wouldn't be necessary if it would have be designed a tad better right from the start.
(Sorry @ SuccubiHunterRPG , ... I don't want to sound harsh, and I can understand that this was your first project for Tai, no problem, ... I just wanted to mention it, please don't take it too serious or personal! )

@ SuccubiHunterRPG, ... check this out! ;-) :-D

Code: Select all

@SystemMessage System: Options menu:  @RapidCodeOn
@SystemMessage System: 1 - Connect to mistress @RapidCodeOn
@SystemMessage System: 2 - Note down an orgasm outside from a session @RapidCodeOn

@SystemMessage System: 3 - Note down an orgasm restriction outside from a session @RapidCodeOn
@SystemMessage System: 4 - Note down a ruined orgasm outside from a session @RapidCodeOn
Edit:
Works best with a locked content picture on display.

Best greeings,
Markus
[/spoiler]
Will give it a try
meowww
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by meowww »

My Head hurts, way to much text...
FattsDynamo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 am I've got some user comments about the installation ...
Believe it or not the installation was much more complicated then it is now

As for my Part, the next time it will be easier, for one i will mention what has to be done (didn´t knew i am in the minority of never extracting stuff right where it is supposed to go :lol: ) and two Media/Scripts will be seperated this time, meaning if a fix is needed you usually would only need to redownload the updated scripts
FattsDynamo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 am ... as well as some bugs to report ...
Try out Awakening 0.2.75 instead of 0.2.77

This will not fix the random freezes, but i swear it runs the Game faster then 0.2.77, atleast the last time i tried 0.2.77 it runs fine at first, then an Event/Fight happened and after that it runs much slower, kinda as if rapidtext/code got turned off and didn´t got turned back on again

Funny thing is, all Scripts should have the command to turn it back on, so no clue what actually is going on there, mentioned it to SuccubiHunter and for the time being downgraded to 0.2.75 :lol:
markus wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 pm I have already suggested to meowww to reencode the videos, this might or might not help on that issue.
i already have done this and can tell it´s not going to help on that issue, it´s going to be a while til i upload it though, cause if i have to upload everything again, i also can and will do some other changes as well :-P
FattsDynamo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FattsDynamo »

SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:24 am
@SuccubiHunterRPG:
And FYI you have more programming experience than me.
That's not very encouraging :-/ ... At least we have markus! :lol:
I have never done any programming, all I have is mathematical training in logic.
Well, I mean, that's ... that's all coding is: telling computers what to do.
At the moment, I am only using the files that were provided to me in the packs ... I haven't added any of my own media ...
SuccubiHunterRPG wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:55 am
My next target project was to improve the taunt system. As it is I hate it and as you said it's low hanging fruit.
What do you hate about it? :huh: Please expand on that.

It's a porn tease game; you're battling succubi who are trying to make you cum ... They SHOULD be taunting you in arousing ways during those encounters. Mechanically (small taunt library notwithstanding), how it works is fine. I don't see necessarily a better way to do it ... You need randomness for the replayability of repeated encounters ... Having a set of different taunts depending on the action is good ... TeaseAI does VERY well with guiding/scripting random ... the overall method of execution ... I can't really think of a better way ...

The problem is the taunt library is REALLY lacking, but ... that's a problem that can be easily fixed (at least for me, because I'm good at writing. :-D) ... As it is now, there are four changes I want to see when it comes to taunts:
  1. More taunts (which is a problem I am currently working on 8-)).
  2. Succubi personality-based taunts, so that instead of a single bank of taunts all succubi draw from, each "personality" has their own bank, which should make the encounters more distinct. (And since not everyone is a writer, people can choose a "personality" that fits with their chosen model without having to come up with 100 different things that she might say during the encounter.)
  3. The ability for a succubus to completely have her own bank of taunts for her encounters.
  4. If possible, have all of the taunts (including the state transition taunts) in the same place so they can more easily be altered.
One of the keys is padding out the taunt libraries and making them SO fat, that the succubi don't repeat themselves during a single encounter ... and you've got the tags (one of TeaseAIs *great* features). I haven't done so yet, but ... once we expand the number of phrases (with the tags), it is going to REALLY improve the experience ... and right now, all of my phrases are a bit all over the place ... once we pair them with "personalities," the tone will be more consistent and match the model and video ... and it's going to REALLY improve the quality ...
If you are committed to doing this let me know.
I am :blush: ... As I've been playing recently, I keep my phone nearby and have it voice-to-text good phrases and lines I think of as I am playing the encounter ...

I guess, what I would like from you (if you haven't done so already), is think of a list of succubi personalities you would like to see implemented with a few sentences describing each one ... As I said, I've seen "PersonalityType: Loving" so far in some of the game files, but ... not sure if that is just a placeholder or not ...

Right now, I'm just working on generic/general statements ... at a certain point, I'll start working on statements for particular tags ... Then, once I have a VERY solid base, I can see what and how many personalities we have, and copy/paste the "general library" into the specific categories as well as write for each personality specifically ... I think that process will work out well for me ...
love your work
How are you a fan of "my work?" :lol: You been lurking on the HMCP thread? :-D :-P ;-) I haven't really published anything anywhere else ... VERY curious to know what stuff of mine you have played through! :lol:
Edging is not my thing but you have no idea how much Meowww has nagged me to introduce it. There are some special NPC interactions with extensive edging session you will encounter later but Meoww and I have been planning how to introduce it into a standard battle for a while (i have just had other priorities).
So, before he got into really making movies, Quentin Tarantino worked in a video rental store (before he got his big break). At least with his early films, he decided to make the kind of movies that he would enjoy watching as a movie-goer. That approach certainly worked for him! :lol:

I think that same philosophy can be applied to teases as well, especially those aimed at a general audience. My advice would be: make the game that you yourself would like to play. Then you'll know at least ONE person will enjoy playing it! :lol: But ... I have seen a LOT of different kinds of teases over the years, MANY with a unique style, and almost always certainly tailored to the author's preferences ... and, you know at least ONE formula intimately that works for some people: the style and game that works for you and you enjoy, so ... If I were you, I'd keep that as my north star ...

HMC teases (what I am most familiar writing for) are custom teases written to an individual's preferences ... My buddy Ecik17 likes a lot of hardcore and and nasty cumshot pics and orgy shit, lol. Those aren't really my thing, but ... I *have* successfully written teases that featured those for him that he REALLY enjoyed, lol. :lol: Hell, I've even written teases for gay men (on an alt account) even though I'm super straight :lol: ... The problem is (and more so for the gay than the hardcore, lol) I don't know whether or not what I am doing is working, because it doesn't appeal to me ... I'm only guessing at what I *think* the other person will like ... I don't actually know, because it's not quite as effective for me ... When I'm creating, my opinion is the ONLY ONE I can reliably consult, and if I try something I'm not sure about for someone else ... I have NO IDEA! :lol:

So ... I don't think it's "selfish" to write the tease YOU would like to play ... I think it's smart, because you are MUCH less likely to miss the mark because you can crib (cheat) off of your own preferences to see whether or not it is working ... and here's another one: I'm a big ass guy. Ecik is not. He's not the best at choosing great ass pics—also because he enjoys thiccer models, but ... the guys who have similar body type preferences as me (like lmind) ... *they* can pick shit that I REALLY like! :w00t: :lol: And the problem is EVEN WORSE when I try to select picks of sexy dudes or my gay friend tries to send me pics of hot chicks ... I would say, the ONE thing I have in that case, is that though my friend and I have opposite sexual orientations, we're both men, and I know how men like to be teased, so ... at least there I am not COMPLETELY in the dark! :lol: Still haven't written a set for a lady, though :look: ... gotta cross that one off of my bucket list at SOME point ...

So, I don't think you need to rush implementing edging, and ... as a person who isn't really a fan, if it was JUST you implementing it ... that'd be REALLY hard to pull off ...

I have some ideas for edging, but ... I'll save those for later ...
Finally you got one thing wrong, English is my first and only language but I wrote all the scripts with Notepad and then Notepad+ I'm a poor typist and there are soooooo many scripts in here and without a grammar and spellcheck function in these applications so many things get glanced over.
That's TOTALLY fair ... My number of mistakes DEFINITELY go up when I'm writing in Notepad+, too ...

It's also tricky, because when you are coding, you just want to code and get it done ... My functional, logic side of my brain does NOT seem to work in tandem with my creative side ... One thing I OFTEN find myself doing is figuring out all of the planning first, and then doing the creative additions later ... that way my brain doesn't have to switch back and forth between it's two very different modes ...
It's also fair to say I am a high achiever
Oh, I picked up on that during my initial session of the game ... I didn't know you had worked 18 months on this project, but ... I *knew* there was a LOT of quality decisions as well as time invested ... When you are playing something, if you get immersed, then you're just in it, and in the moment, you don't necessarily appreciate everything that went into it to make it happen ... and then, you're not really thinking about it as you are just enjoying the experience, but ... AFTERWARDS, as you ponder, you start to dissect what happened ... and that was my las "fanboy post!" :lol:
but not necessarily the best writer :)
Meh ... nobody is great at everything. Writing is a skill just like anything else. I've done a LOT of it ... it'd be pretty awful if I was bad at it at this point! :lol:
Oh and I come from a land that speaks proper English so don't expect me to agree to Americanise my spelling :)
I *should* have known you were from the UK after "Get stuffed!" :lol: That is slang we Americans don't use ...

Well, always happy to make the acquaintance of a salty brit from across the pond! :-D Just don't use the word "knickers" in any tease you write for me, as it will IMMEDIATELY pull me out of the experience and turn me off! :lol: We Americans say "panties," but ... perhaps it's best we just compromise with "lingerie" which is universally understood ... (Of course the damn French got the scoop and beat us all out on the word for sexy undergarments! :lol:)

By the way, I would like to personally apologize for Meghan Markle. In the 1990s, when she was a newscaster on a children's TV network, we Americans had a great amount of fondness for Meghan and looked with hopeful optimism at her budding career ... Now she's a national embarrassment and a pox upon the world. I guess it's just revenge two centuries too late over the War of 1812? :huh: Sorry about that! :look:
Going forward lets chat in the developer page, when i get back I will take the time to update is so you know where meowww and I are thinking of going as you clearly have good ideas that we should all share and perhaps it's time meoww and I were more public on our direction
Sounds good! I have more to read and respond to but ... this is probably good for now! :lol:

Actually, just ONE more thing ... Uhhh ... depending how active I stay (and for how long), I MIGHT just volunteer to try to give EVERYTHING a good "once over" ... I won't do it right now, as I don't want to spoil any surprises, but ... There aren't PAGES and PAGES of text to sort through ... I mean, there IS a lot, but ... it's just all distributed ... I could fix and improve a LOT, but ... that said, this is your baby ... I wouldn't want to inject a bunch of myself into this project ... You are the lead developer, and I'm more than happy to support your vision for this project ... and I write that without ANY sarcasm :no: ... I would strive to do my best to preserve your voice and vision ... We could follow in the great tradition of Mr. Moehringer and Prince Harry—an American ghost writing for a brit! :lol:

I've been keeping a log of errors ... probably post them another night ... need to respond to Markus and Meowww as well, but ... I think this is enough for now! :lol: :innocent:
qazqaz
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by qazqaz »

Hi,
I found a bug:
in Caprice kink. there is endless loop in (Edge) section decreasing edges and at start resest it, so it never goes to 0
SuccubiHunterRPG
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Thanks I tested this but it's perfectly possible I accidentally broke it doing other things later :)

1 question
Is this happening during the ritual to evolve or when she asks you to edge after your first evolve
qazqaz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:07 pm Hi,
I found a bug:
in Caprice kink. there is endless loop in (Edge) section decreasing edges and at start resest it, so it never goes to 0
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

meowww wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:12 pm but i swear it runs the Game faster then 0.2.77, atleast the last time i tried 0.2.77 it runs fine at first, then an Event/Fight happened and after that it runs much slower, kinda as if rapidtext/code got turned off and didn´t got turned back on again
From the changelog of 0.2.77:
- Added RapitTextOff to the debug menu, will also reseted when a script ends.

I will take that rapidtext-reset after script ends out again in the next update.

markus wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 pm I have already suggested to meowww to reencode the videos, this might or might not help on that issue.
i already have done this and can tell it´s not going to help on that issue,
Maybe encoded with the wrong settings for encoding? (That's why I've recommended 'Free Video Editor' which has perfect settings by default, ---> Keyframes all over the place), ... if I may ask, which settings you have used for encoding?
(Can you upload one of those videos you have encoded anew for me, send it via PM, so I could look things up?)

Best greetings,
Markus

Edit:
Now that I'm think of it, ... you guys know the scripts, ... could it be that @JumpVideo is used quite often in such cases when users reported crashes?