[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.35

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.35

Post by diogaoo »

The new version of Hero Corruption is out.

Hero Corruption v1.35

Changes:
Spoiler: show

NEW ENEMIES
  • Ivy: This newcomer might not seem like much of a threat at first, but give her a few days...
  • Tricia: Don't be fooled by her size, Tricia even brought her own gloves

NEW EVENTS
  • Recipe Shop: There's a new store in town, wanna check it out?
  • Jogging: Not so fast to be running, neither too slow to be walking
  • Meditation Spot: Sure, let's do this while surrounded by enemies, what could go wrong?

NEW EQUIPMENT
  • Boomerang: It comes back to you, unlike your Ex

NEW BAD ENDING
  • Training Dummy: I warned you

OTHERS
  • Added the Stamina description in the Codex
  • Added a new sub-menu on the Recipe Codex Page
  • Added Sfx to Zoe's blowjob
  • Added a transition to Naomi's BE
  • Added a "Broken" Status Effect when Hannah's BE is triggered

BALANCE STUFF

Reaching Day 15 now grants +50 bonus Score
Decreased Icepick trigger chance 30% > 20%
Increased Laura's HP 100 > 120
Increased Nova's physical damage 1xHandjob > 2xHandjob
Decreased Lisa's Creampie Move chance 60% > 40%
Increased Sasha's HP 150 > 160
Increased time interval between Naomi's stretches 3 > 4 turns min.
Increased the amount of load Diana's dildo gains when the Hero orgasm
Reduced Bea's confusion max timer 3s > 2.3s
Increased Rose's attack 20~25 > 25~35
Removed the Stamina counter from all bosses exclusive to the Castle

BUG FIXES

Lich's Grasp no longer activates if the player's HP is lower than 10%
Fixed Icepick crits not working properly
Fixed getting back clothes from Amy
Fixed negative map prices
Fixed Church event not triggering a couple of scenes
Fixed Clarice titjob sound looping
Fixed Val double dialog
Fixed Bea skipping turns sometimes
Fixed Lich's Grasp recipe being kept between runs
Fixed Kitty's Bad End warning appearing on the incorrect stage

Version 1.40 is already out on Patreon:

New enemies, events, bad endings and more
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
edeioh
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]Hero Corruption v1.35

Post by edeioh »

Yeeaah! I was waiting this :-D
I will play it soon and give you my feedback

Continue like that! Thankss!!
holy_magnas
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Goddess Tantra

Post by holy_magnas »

Keep up the great work!
Waverunner02
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Waverunner02 »

Hey there.
Awesome tease as always.

So I did one run and didn't make it to the castle.

I deleted my file and started fresh.

Finally after a very long time, 0 addictions, 0 lust issues with the club, heroine complete, I make it to the castle with

503 hp, 568 lust, and all but the last hp perk achieved. +4 green and 4 orange potions. Sword equipped plus swamp statue strength.

Ready for the castle run but it says I can't complete it until tomorrow.

Does this mean I have to start over again? Or just wait until tomorrow? However I see no way to save it to wait for tomorrow.

Not a huge deal just I haven't mustered up the energy for a castle run in 2-3 months because of how hard it is to get there and the fear of this happening haha. So there is still parts of the game I haven't seen yet that I would like to. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Okay I did confirm that reloading the page let me load the game. So I will just try tomorrow thank you.
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

Waverunner02 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:40 am Ready for the castle run but it says I can't complete it until tomorrow.
if you don't make it to the castle before the end of day 14 it's locked, for both play modes. would be nice if it didn't lock in legacy mode

Val's buggy progression is still buggy. there's two parts where you have to resist or give up, one of them doesn't actually do anything and you just get timed out by her ability. like the buttons are there but they aren't tied to any actions in the code.
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

edeioh wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:19 pm Yeeaah! I was waiting this :-D
I will play it soon and give you my feedback

Continue like that! Thankss!!
holy_magnas wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:28 am Keep up the great work!
Thanks guys, this means a lot to me ! Have fun ! :love:
------------------------------------
Waverunner02 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:40 am Hey there.
Awesome tease as always.

So I did one run and didn't make it to the castle.

I deleted my file and started fresh.

Finally after a very long time, 0 addictions, 0 lust issues with the club, heroine complete, I make it to the castle with

503 hp, 568 lust, and all but the last hp perk achieved. +4 green and 4 orange potions. Sword equipped plus swamp statue strength.

Ready for the castle run but it says I can't complete it until tomorrow.

Does this mean I have to start over again? Or just wait until tomorrow? However I see no way to save it to wait for tomorrow.

Not a huge deal just I haven't mustered up the energy for a castle run in 2-3 months because of how hard it is to get there and the fear of this happening haha. So there is still parts of the game I haven't seen yet that I would like to. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Okay I did confirm that reloading the page let me load the game. So I will just try tomorrow thank you.
Hi Waverunner, congratulations on reaching the castle! :-D

However, I've double checked and there is no message suggesting to try again tomorrow. What may have happened is what Grelgen suggested, the Castle doors close on the 15th and you must try again in a new run, maybe that's what happened?

Also, were you playing Legacy or Normal mode?

------------------------------------------
grelgen wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:37 am
Val's buggy progression is still buggy. there's two parts where you have to resist or give up, one of them doesn't actually do anything and you just get timed out by her ability. like the buttons are there but they aren't tied to any actions in the code.
I believe this was happening because Val's timer kept running even after the player had already chosen an option (Resist or Give Up), consequently skipping the player action when the timer runs out.
From now on, the timer should only start after the player has decided to Resist or Give Up, thanks grelgen!
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

Quality patch yet again :-)
Managed to complete a Normal-mode castle on my first "life", by the very skin of my teeth. 23 HP left, 3 orange potions downed.. 203 MHP / 263 MLust, I think, a sword and a bra. Max Attack and Max Lust specs.

Took a long hard think going in about "should I down a couple red pots, get a bit corrupted but maybe I need it"; damn glad I did, wouldn't have survived without.

Nerf plx. :-)

No major bugs to report, couple typos:

- The smith has had a typo in the unlock-texts since forever, I never remember to record it, so I looked for it in the previos version json as I had that lying around: "burrowed" should be "borrowed" (under "What the fuck was that?")

- One "begging" was replaced by a "begin", not sure who though, maybe Ivy? I should DL the json for this version as well to find it... I'll let you know if I do.

And I did manage to walk out of a tavern rest with the same 90/100 sta I had going in; *shrug* :-)
Waverunner02
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Waverunner02 »

grelgen wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:37 am if you don't make it to the castle before the end of day 14 it's locked, for both play modes. would be nice if it didn't lock in legacy mode
What the flying ****.

No I did not know that. Thank you haha. The codex girl should probably mention this or some introduction character maybe.

Kind of typical of any game... "you must hurry to save the princess!"

That way the hero at least knows they can't spend time being safe, they have to take risks.

Not to mention people in the town kept telling me... "wow you're doing really great!" Apparently not... lol
Milofan123
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Milofan123 »

spaisin wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:53 pm Quality patch yet again :-)
Managed to complete a Normal-mode castle on my first "life", by the very skin of my teeth. 23 HP left, 3 orange potions downed.. 203 MHP / 263 MLust, I think, a sword and a bra. Max Attack and Max Lust specs.

Took a long hard think going in about "should I down a couple red pots, get a bit corrupted but maybe I need it"; damn glad I did, wouldn't have survived without.

Nerf plx. :-)

No major bugs to report, couple typos:

- The smith has had a typo in the unlock-texts since forever, I never remember to record it, so I looked for it in the previos version json as I had that lying around: "burrowed" should be "borrowed" (under "What the fuck was that?")

- One "begging" was replaced by a "begin", not sure who though, maybe Ivy? I should DL the json for this version as well to find it... I'll let you know if I do.

And I did manage to walk out of a tavern rest with the same 90/100 sta I had going in; *shrug* :-)
Any tips on reaching the castle
AFro62
Explorer
Explorer

Post by AFro62 »

I've played hundreds of times and have yet to find any castle or have any kind of good ending. Fun game but so fucking hard and now he seems to be making it overly complicated with the stamina. I wish there was an easy mode. I would love to see all the great content but I don't think I ever will.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by ritewriter »

AFro62 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:23 pm I've played hundreds of times and have yet to find any castle or have any kind of good ending. Fun game but so fucking hard and now he seems to be making it overly complicated with the stamina. I wish there was an easy mode. I would love to see all the great content but I don't think I ever will.
If you want to advance, here's a basic walkthrough (SPOILERS):
Always buy attack first. Always buy attack with rollover experience if you can afford it. Buy attack with Perks too. Buy a backpack if you have 200 left. Spend the rest of HP and Lust evenly. Always start with the Forest, because if you let that boss wait, she'll crush you.

Early Exploration: Make sure you have 100 Stamina when you go out. Normal Attack, Rest (back to 100) Normal, Rest, repeat until you're within a Heavy of victory. Heavy does 1.5 Normal. Do a Heavy. Win. 3-4 cycles.

Back at camp, rest to 100 stamina, repeat above.

After you've won twice, IMMEDIATELY explore again (you should have 80 Stamina). You will either find a special event or potion. If you don't have a backpack, drink the first potion. If you have one, store it.

If you can, explore a third time. Don't worry about Stamina this time. Win. Explore. Get another potion. Store if you can. Drink if blue, discard if not.

As soon as you get 30 gp, go to town, buy a backpack.

Early on spend your gold on the following priorities in order: Backpack. Dark Forest or Lakeside Map. Forge Key once you have a Weapon Recipe. Weapons. Buy Down Corruption and any Addiction over 10 at Church (Try to save up and do this all at once, avoid multiple Church visits.

Note that once you buy the Forge Key you have it forever so try to get it in your first or second game.

Your goal is to be able to Explore and Fight twice, store a potion, then explore again, store a potion, then sleep. If you get Soul of the Scarecrow, you can Fight one more time and maybe get a third potion a day.

Once you have 2-3 Red and/or Purple potions AND a Blue, drink them all right before bed, then drink a Blue. Each Red or Purple adds 2 Corruption, Blues remove 5 so if you drink 5 Red/Purple and 2 Blues, you will end up with no added Corruption. It's usually okay to carry 1-2 Corruption, but more than that can be deadly.

Avoid bosses until you have gotten your first earned Perk. Once you have a Lakeside or Deep Forest Map, you can explore the Forest in the morning and Lakeside at night to avoid bosses. First Perk: Get Attack. Defeat Forest Boss first using similar tactics as above, but don't be afraid to do a second Heavy Blow or even a third to take the boss down faster. DON'T let your stamina fall below 40 though.

Once you've defeated a boss, spend some money on HP and Lust potions at the Shop. Buy down troublesome addictions. Repeat. With all three attack perks and a decent weapon, even the Mittens, you should be able to get pretty far.

NOTE: If you visit town with Shemale above about 20, or Anal or Blowjob above 10 or so, bad things can happen. Try to avoid this unless you WANT bad things to happen. If you visit the Church too much, bad things can also happen.

END GAME: Defeat all bosses but Dark Woods. Go to woods. Spot the ghost. Go fight the girl it says to fight. Get the Talisman. Go to Dark Woods cabin. Defeat boss. Now you have the Castle Map.

CASTLE: You have to do this on or before Day 14. Beforehand, explore either Lakeside (with full Stamina) or Swamp (with 0 corruption). Win the Lakeside race or find the Swamp idol to get +5 attack. Rest to full stamina. Go to Castle. You'll need 2+ of each green and orange potions. These are cheaper to buy if you do it BEFORE you raise you HP and Lust, so buy them early if you're planning a Castle run. Go to Castle, enter. Good luck!
Edited for Heavy/Normal attack optimization.
Last edited by ritewriter on Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

ritewriter wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:20 pm
AFro62 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:23 pm I've played hundreds of times and have yet to find any castle or have any kind of good ending. Fun game but so fucking hard and now he seems to be making it overly complicated with the stamina. I wish there was an easy mode. I would love to see all the great content but I don't think I ever will.
I actually think normal attack/rest until you can make a finishing blow with a normal attack or heavy blow is the optimal play. But I am more than open to hearing why heavy blow/rest might be optimal.
Milofan123
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Milofan123 »

ritewriter wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:20 pm
Always buy attack first. Always buy attack with rollover experience if you can afford it. Buy attack with Perks too. Buy a backpack if you have 200 left. Spend the rest of HP and Lust evenly. Always start with the Forest, because if you let that boss wait, she'll crush you.

Early Exploration: Make sure you have 100 Stamina when you go out. Heavy Blow, Rest, Rest (back to 100) Heavy Blow, Rest, Rest, repeat until you win. 3-4 cycles.

Back at camp, rest to 100 stamina, repeat above.

After you've won twice, IMMEDIATELY explore again (you should have 80 Stamina). You will either find a special event or potion. If you don't have a backpack, drink the first potion. If you have one, store it.

If you can, explore a third time. Don't worry about Stamina this time. Win. Explore. Get another potion. Store if you can. Drink if blue, discard if not.

As soon as you get 30 gp, go to town, buy a backpack.

Early on spend your gold on the following priorities in order: Backpack. Dark Forest or Lakeside Map. Forge Key once you have a Weapon Recipe. Weapons. Buy Down Corruption and any Addiction over 10 at Church (Try to save up and do this all at once, avoid multiple Church visits.

Note that once you buy the Forge Key you have it forever so try to get it in your first or second game.

Your goal is to be able to Explore and Fight twice, store a potion, then explore again, store a potion, then sleep. If you get Soul of the Scarecrow, you can Fight one more time and maybe get a third potion a day.

Once you have 2-3 Red and/or Purple potions AND a Blue, drink them all right before bed, then drink a Blue. Each Red or Purple adds 2 Corruption, Blues remove 5 so if you drink 5 Red/Purple and 2 Blues, you will end up with no added Corruption. It's usually okay to carry 1-2 Corruption, but more than that can be deadly.

Avoid bosses until you have gotten your first earned Perk. Once you have a Lakeside or Deep Forest Map, you can explore the Forest in the morning and Lakeside at night to avoid bosses. First Perk: Get Attack. Defeat Forest Boss first using similar tactics as above, but don't be afraid to do a second Heavy Blow or even a third to take the boss down faster. DON'T let your stamina fall below 40 though.

Once you've defeated a boss, spend some money on HP and Lust potions at the Shop. Buy down troublesome addictions. Repeat. With all three attack perks and a decent weapon, even the Mittens, you should be able to get pretty far.

NOTE: If you visit town with Shemale above about 20, or Anal or Blowjob above 10 or so, bad things can happen. Try to avoid this unless you WANT bad things to happen. If you visit the Church too much, bad things can also happen.

END GAME: Defeat all bosses but Dark Woods. Go to woods. Spot the ghost. Go fight the girl it says to fight. Get the Talisman. Go to Dark Woods cabin. Defeat boss. Now you have the Castle Map.

CASTLE: You have to do this on or before Day 14. Beforehand, explore either Lakeside (with full Stamina) or Swamp (with 0 corruption). Win the Lakeside race or find the Swamp idol to get +5 attack. Rest to full stamina. Go to Castle. You'll need 2+ of each green and orange potions. These are cheaper to buy if you do it BEFORE you raise you HP and Lust, so buy them early if you're planning a Castle run. Go to Castle, enter. Good luck!
Any idea what area raven is in?
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by ritewriter »

UPDATE:

I just checked, and you're right. HEAVY does 1.5 more than NORMAL for 2x the cost, so NORMAL, rest, NORMAL, rest until you're within a HEAVY of a win is the best way to go.
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

Milofan123 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:53 am Any tips on reaching the castle
Tips.. well, it's a complicated game.

Basic tactics in spoiler, in case someone wants to figure them out themselves.
Minimum req is to kill "all" the bosses. (Just one needed per paired maps: Forest/Grove, Deep Forest/Lakeside; but they're good XP/cash/score anyway once they're harmless)

If you're "new", try to maximize damage. Don't lose any fights. A basic early game day is "two fights, a potion and a city trip". Mid game Two fights, pot, third fight, another pot.

Fights; basic structure is Normal Attack, Rest, Repeat. That'll clear most fights with decent results. Once you know how to plan how long you'll rest afterwards, you can do some burst damage at the end, skipping the rests.

Optimize everything, there's no slack in a good run.

And get lucky; Damn lucky. While I managed that first-life run, I know I won't be able to repeat it.

If I were to play Normal mode with the purpose of finishing a castle, I'd feel fine finishing at the third or fourth life - and I would aim for that, the first rounds being just to farm score points for extra Attack and stats.
Seems like ritewriter posted a whole lot more detail while I had a draft in a notepad; I'll post my version as a shorthand anyway.. :-)