How do you play your scripts and video?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Hobbyistatplay
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

How do you play your scripts and video?

Post by Hobbyistatplay »

I've been using funscript.io and for the most part it works. But some videos are encoded in such a way that they can't be played on there. Haven't been able to figure out how to re-encode. But I assume there are other ways to play the vids/scripts. Suggestions?
zebbg69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: How do you play your scripts and video?

Post by zebbg69 »

ffmpeg will convert anything to .mp4 with

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i "movie_in.wmv" "movie_out.mp4"
Its default parameters are very good. There are endless complex options, but they are usually not necessary.
Most movies I find on here end up smaller than the original at the same visual quality, even when the author has taken steps to reduce file size.

I think even VLC can convert to .mp4, as long as it is able to open the input movie.
PetitGreg
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PetitGreg »

Under Windows, ScriptPlayer (https://github.com/FredTungsten/ScriptP ... eta-Builds) with LAVFilters (https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases) to play more codecs, like h265.
Hobbyistatplay
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hobbyistatplay »

zebbg69 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:33 pm ffmpeg will convert anything to .mp4 with

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i "movie_in.wmv" "movie_out.mp4"
Its default parameters are very good. There are endless complex options, but they are usually not necessary.
Most movies I find on here end up smaller than the original at the same visual quality, even when the author has taken steps to reduce file size.

I think even VLC can convert to .mp4, as long as it is able to open the input movie.
The videos I'm referring to are already mp4. But funscript only plays the audio. I've used opeshot editor, VLC, hitfilm express all to try to resave the file in a format funscript.io will read properly. No success.
zebbg69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zebbg69 »

Hobbyistatplay wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:45 pm The videos I'm referring to are already mp4. But funscript only plays the audio. I've used opeshot editor, VLC, hitfilm express all to try to resave the file in a format funscript.io will read properly. No success.
I see. Though I'm not a big expert on codecs, my best guess is that your .mp4 video is using a codec your player won't support. The default ffmpeg command fixes this by re-encoding to h.264, which I think is the most universal right now, though h.265 of course wants to replace it.

The only explanation I have for VLC et al not working is that perhaps they don't re-encode by default. In that case, you could make them work by finding the option for output codec and selecting h.264 or whatever your player is known to support.
Hobbyistatplay
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hobbyistatplay »

But is funscript.io the only way to play a video and sync the script?
PetitGreg
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PetitGreg »

Hobbyistatplay wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:40 pm But is funscript.io the only way to play a video and sync the script?
No, ScriptPlayer is an good alternative under Windows for example -> viewtopic.php?p=331501#p331501
A nice and easy to use interface, an integrated video player based on WindowsMediaPlayer API, can use an external video player (VLC, MPC-HC, Kodi, Zoom Player, DeoVR, Samsung VR, Whirligig VR) in sync, internal support and easy setup for Launch and Handy devices, can use Intiface API who support a huge number of devices, can use a second sound card to play estim audio file in sync, can convert in real time funscript to estim signals.
Last edited by PetitGreg on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zebbg69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zebbg69 »

Hobbyistatplay wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:40 pm But is funscript.io the only way to play a video and sync the script?
I am an e-stimmer, so I can't help with the script players, sorry. I use e-stim audio converted from scripts and insert into the movie soundtrack.
trollinnsfw
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by trollinnsfw »

I've been using MultiFunPlayer by Yoooi

https://github.com/Yoooi0

I'm not sure if it will work with what you're talking about, but I've been using it with my osr2.1 for several months now. I recall having codec issues (I think thats what it was, a bunch of artifacts and stuff) with a different player. You also have to download MPV to use as a video player, but it syncs them up. Its a pretty cool program, I think you can also use different video players with it, I just don't use them.
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

I mainly use Scriptplayer and have not had any issues with it not playing .mp4 or .mkv videos. You might have a codec missing from your computer if you are or your videos are encoded improperly.

I just recently found Shutter Encoder which is a free encoder and it seems to work really well. I had a few VR videos that wouldn't work in mobile DeoVR app on my phone and reencoded them with Shutter Encoder and they all played great with very little to no loss of quality. Obviously, this depends on the setting you use to reencode.

Scriptplayer does great at syncing funscipts, beat files as well as separate estim mp3 audio. It can also convert funscripts and beat files in real-time and generate an audio stim signal to a second audio device.

I just recently built my OSR2 and did my first run with it last night and it worked flawlessly with Scriptplayer and a program called "Not A Buttplug" or NABP. Just have to set it up in Scriptplayer in the "Setting" ---> "Buttplug" menu and and then connect to it under the "Devices" ----> "Buttplug/Intiface" menu.
nordicdom
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nordicdom »

PetitGreg wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:38 pm Under Windows, ScriptPlayer (https://github.com/FredTungsten/ScriptP ... eta-Builds) with LAVFilters (https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases) to play more codecs, like h265.
Thanks!
icehash23
Explorer
Explorer

Post by icehash23 »

Largely ScriptPlayer. I have had to use Handbrake to convert a couple videos, mainly Supermassive's (RIP to Discord centralization). Just used the default settings, which spits out an .m4v file.

Aside, I'd really love a thread for "favorite vids + setups" with regards to estim. It probably already exists, but basically individual rows from estim vets' diaries. Trode types, positions, connections, signal sources... There are so many variables, we really need a central source with juicy "trip reports" per se.
mostarda
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by mostarda »

Does anyone know of a similar player to ScriptPlayer that runs on linux? I'm trying to move away from Windows, and I'm only now using it for estim, using with CHPlayer or ScriptPlayer. I've tried to get both of them to run in linux under Wine. I can get them to install but actually playing any videos I've been unsuccessful. As a fall back I've tried running 2 instances of VLC and outputting them to different audio outputs, which works, but it's all manual and I painfully discovered whilst stimming that adjusting the computer sound (with the intention of turning the video sound up) actually increased the stim audio instead.
kevin1234
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by kevin1234 »

I have the same problem with my linux machine and ScriptPlayer and Wine.

For the moment i am using SyncPlay with VLC.
https://syncplay.pl/

You need to start a local server and 2 local clients. Each client will open a VLC instance that will be synced to each other.
I put all my movies in one instance and all my e-stim mp3 files in the other one.

The only downside is that VLC sometimes changes the audio output when going to the next clip.
In the settings you can disable the 'I am ready' logic.

If someone has an alternative for linux, please let us know :).