Understanding Funscript Conversion

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
hypnostim
Explorer
Explorer

Understanding Funscript Conversion

Post by hypnostim »

I've recently converted several funscript files and examined them in Audacity. I'm assuming that in Audacity the top waveform is for channel A and bottom channel B? I noted that the waveforms are identical but sometimes they are inverted, sometimes they are identical in phase and sometimes they are phase shifted "some".

My question are:

1. Does this mean a tri-phase connection is best for funscript conversions? (as opposed to dual channel).
2. Is it random how the waveforms are phase shifted? What shift is best?
3. If channel A and channel B are identical, is it worthwhile to phase shift the wave forms manually to get a better feel?

Thanks in advance.
cfs6t08p
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Understanding Funscript Conversion

Post by cfs6t08p »

Hi! I assume that you are referring to my funscript converter at https://cfs6t08p.github.io/funstim/funstim.html;

1. A tri-phase connection is required to feel the effects of the converter, as you've noticed the waveforms in both channels are identical apart from the phase shift, a dual channel setup will not work.
2. The phase shift corresponds to the position a stroker or other toy would have if it were playing the funscript in question. The signals are in phase when the script is at one end of the stroke and 180 degrees out of phase at the other end.
3. There is no need to manually shift the two channels, the "Inverted" option will shift one of the channels 180 degrees such that the "bottom" and "top" of the stroke are reversed.
hypnostim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hypnostim »

First, let me please say thank you for creating this awesome tool!

I have a question regarding the frequency param in the tool:

The default is set to 3 frequencies: 420, 520, 620 Hz. My interpretation is that since the input is some up and down motion on a physical toy, that frequency over a certain window falls within that range and over a certain time, the waveform falls within one of the 3 buckets? Or are there 3 simultaneous superposition of waveforms consisting of those 3? I also wonder why people have been favoring one frequency: 777Hz.

Thank for helping me understand.
cfs6t08p wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:15 pm Hi! I assume that you are referring to my funscript converter at https://cfs6t08p.github.io/funstim/funstim.html;

1. A tri-phase connection is required to feel the effects of the converter, as you've noticed the waveforms in both channels are identical apart from the phase shift, a dual channel setup will not work.
2. The phase shift corresponds to the position a stroker or other toy would have if it were playing the funscript in question. The signals are in phase when the script is at one end of the stroke and 180 degrees out of phase at the other end.
3. There is no need to manually shift the two channels, the "Inverted" option will shift one of the channels 180 degrees such that the "bottom" and "top" of the stroke are reversed.
cfs6t08p
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cfs6t08p »

My favorite file ever used these 3 frequencies, I think they work extremely well but no-one else seems to like them very much :lol:

Using more than one frequency is essentially equivalent to running the converter multiple times with different frequencies and playing those files at the same time.

Popular frequencies 666Hz or 777Hz is pretty much the sweet spot for a nice and smooth experience on a stereostim device. Personally I find them to be a bit numbing, in a longer session I end up turning the volume higher than I would using the 420/520/620 combination.
hypnostim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by hypnostim »

May I ask what's your favorite file? Always looking for find new stuff.
cfs6t08p wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:06 am My favorite file ever used these 3 frequencies, I think they work extremely well but no-one else seems to like them very much :lol:

Using more than one frequency is essentially equivalent to running the converter multiple times with different frequencies and playing those files at the same time.

Popular frequencies 666Hz or 777Hz is pretty much the sweet spot for a nice and smooth experience on a stereostim device. Personally I find them to be a bit numbing, in a longer session I end up turning the volume higher than I would using the 420/520/620 combination.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

cfs6t08p wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:06 am My favorite file ever used these 3 frequencies, I think they work extremely well but no-one else seems to like them very much :lol:

I run all of mine at 495,792 - seems to be the sweet spot for me. 3 freq seems to either cause pops/spikes, or "blurs" the action.
puste
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave

Post by puste »

Yes I also love this tool. Thanks for making this.
Is there a way to start this with own default parms ?
I have try this e.g. https://cfs6t08p.github.io/funstim/funs ... ate="44100" etc....
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by JakofClubs »

Can I ask what box you use? I have a 2B and an et-312b but almost always use DIY. I recently added a 15 to 20 ohm "smoothing resistor" across the positive and negative and a high filter bipolar capacitor and those made about every track more pleasurable and less numbing.