DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

oats71
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: DREAMSCAPES TEASE RPG - Beta Release!!!

Post by oats71 »

Oh nose!
Which picture seem to be bad?

Glad you're having fun!
Thanks for the debug utility, might come in handy.

Oats
--Oats--
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

oats71 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:36 am Oh nose!
Which picture seem to be bad?

Glad you're having fun!
Thanks for the debug utility, might come in handy.

Oats
I think some of the hentai ones when you're using the hentai lure?
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

What goes wrong? Is it just the wrong pictures? or nothing comes up?
--Oats--
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

oats71 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:24 am What goes wrong? Is it just the wrong pictures? or nothing comes up?
No picture comes up. It just displays an error with the file path name.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

zenetix wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:25 pm No picture comes up. It just displays an error with the file path name.
Hi! :wave:

Just a small, little suggestion, ... maybe it would be helpful to post that file path (and name) or a screenshot of that error message? :-)

Best greetings,
Markus
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

::FEEDBACK::

Hello all,

I’ve been working on Part 2 of this game, and I wanted some feedback from those who played part 1 and were not into the RPG random battles element.

One previous solution was to give people the Half Cloak and Whole Cloak which cut the random battles encounter rate by half, or remove them completely.

This will remain in part 2, but I was wondering if instead of the RPG battle type encounter, random encounters become a short tease from random girls previously encountered.

I think I will implement this as an optional change for the game, but I was curious if this will solve the problems for those who don’t like the RPG elements, or if it’s just the randomness of the encounters themselves which those people didn’t like.

Oats
--Oats--
N3R0
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by N3R0 »

Hey oats,
oats71 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:05 pm One previous solution was to give people the Half Cloak and Whole Cloak which cut the random battles encounter rate by half, or remove them completely.
Well, chances are, I did something wrong, but IMO those cloaks appeared rather late in the game. They would be more useful the way they are, if one could obtain them earlier.
oats71 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:05 pm I think I will implement this as an optional change for the game, but I was curious if this will solve the problems for those who don’t like the RPG elements, or if it’s just the randomness of the encounters themselves which those people didn’t like.
"Optional" sounds fantastic! I love it when developers don't just go with either their intuition or with the majority's opinion!
I kinda liked the randomness itself, but it always annoyed me, that the game sometimes messes with my settings, regarding which girls should occur as wisps how often.

Found a few more bugs in part one, though.

1. Smallest thing first: While I didn't really pay attention to the shadows in the game, it somehow stood out to me that there are some shadows missing in the school's theater room.

2. in the "shop" (while waking up), you can buy an item called "Orb of power 500". I never had enough currency to buy it, but the in-shop-description says, it only gets you +12. Is that a copy-past-error maybe?

3. Every time you uploaded a new version, I extracted the zip into a new folder, basically creating a new "installation" of the game.
And every, single, time the same problem occured: when opening any new installation for the second time, my custom key bindings were reset to standard and, more importantly, some controls would not work at all (e.g. mouse & enter key).
So far my solution was to simply close the game and re-open it. (and then re-adjust the key bindings.)

No idea, what the heck is going on there...

4. I don't know, how I forgot to report this sooner, but it annoyed me right from the very first day:
Why do I have to select a party member as "target", when using skills which only affect the caster, such as "Rest"?
Is that bug still present in RMMV? If the "scope" of a skill is set to "the user", there is no need for such a selection.
But this bug DOES exist in RMVXA, so I guess that requires some scripting to fix...

Let me know, if you need help with that.
According to Steam, I've spent 136 hours "playing" RMVXA since we last "spoke", so I have quite some experience now. Yes, VXA is based on Ruby and MV is JavaScript. But I had to learn Ruby from scratch for this, while I already know JS. And since they kept as much the same as possible (such as the names of global variables, method names, etc.), it shouldn't be too hard to figure this out...

Have a nice week!

P.S.: I was gonna say, that I'm looking forward to part two, but I've never finished part one, so I guess I should do that first :lol:
If you are a creator of a Tease AI personality, check out my personality editor called TAIPEJ!
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

oats71 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:05 pm ::FEEDBACK::

Hello all,

I’ve been working on Part 2 of this game, and I wanted some feedback from those who played part 1 and were not into the RPG random battles element.

One previous solution was to give people the Half Cloak and Whole Cloak which cut the random battles encounter rate by half, or remove them completely.

This will remain in part 2, but I was wondering if instead of the RPG battle type encounter, random encounters become a short tease from random girls previously encountered.

I think I will implement this as an optional change for the game, but I was curious if this will solve the problems for those who don’t like the RPG elements, or if it’s just the randomness of the encounters themselves which those people didn’t like.

Oats
I think it's funny that some people didn't like the random encounters since that's a big part of what RPG Maker can do. Can't please everyone though. :lol: I thought the cloaks were a good idea.

On a different note, I found a bug in the New Game+. Before Chapter 5 there's a point where you can enter Bryci's house. If you have more than one person in your party she'll try to run and talk to you when you exit, but won't be able to because the other party members will be blocking her path to the main character. For me, that caused the game to freeze up. I had to go to an earlier save and just ignore her house completely if I had more than one party member.

Anyway, looking forward to part 2!
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm Well, chances are, I did something wrong, but IMO those cloaks appeared rather late in the game. They would be more useful the way they are, if one could obtain them earlier.
With regards to the Cloaks, I agree on the lateness in the game, but I figured it would add replay value to New+ Games.
Also added the Unlock Codes so you could get it earlier in a regular game, if you already know the code.
I, gave the codes away to people who didn’t like the random battles in the forums, but maybe I’ll add the option to get the codes at the beginning for those who
want the the option to skip random encounters, and don’t look through the forums for codes.
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm "Optional" sounds fantastic! I love it when developers don't just go with either their intuition or with the majority's opinion!
I kinda liked the randomness itself, but it always annoyed me, that the game sometimes messes with my settings, regarding which girls should occur as wisps how often.
Huh, how would it mess with your settings? Like the settings from the app, It was the Contacts List on the Cellphone right?
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm Found a few more bugs in part one, though.

1. Smallest thing first: While I didn't really pay attention to the shadows in the game, it somehow stood out to me that there are some shadows missing in the school's theater room.
Do you mean like, the shadows next to the doorways and columns etc?
I did just take a look, and noticed some were missing so I added them, thanks.
If that's not what you mean, though let me know.[/quote]
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm 2. in the "shop" (while waking up), you can buy an item called "Orb of power 500". I never had enough currency to buy it, but the in-shop-description says, it only gets you +12. Is that a copy-past-error maybe?
It is only +12, but it also gives you the Stroke (500) and Stroke All (500) skills, which do 500 damage.
It’s the legit way of getting those skills without using the Master Hat
Is it too tough or impossible to get it? Should I lower the price?
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm 3. Every time you uploaded a new version, I extracted the zip into a new folder, basically creating a new "installation" of the game.
And every, single, time the same problem occured: when opening any new installation for the second time, my custom key bindings were reset to standard and, more importantly, some controls would not work at all (e.g. mouse & enter key).
So far my solution was to simply close the game and re-open it. (and then re-adjust the key bindings.)

No idea, what the heck is going on there...
Weird. I do know that when starting a new game with new settings, it defaults to Non-WSAD Keybindings, but no idea why it would break mouse and enter keys.
I will take a look and see if I set the default be WSAD.
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm 4. I don't know, how I forgot to report this sooner, but it annoyed me right from the very first day:
Why do I have to select a party member as "target", when using skills which only affect the caster, such as "Rest"?
Is that bug still present in RMMV? If the "scope" of a skill is set to "the user", there is no need for such a selection.
But this bug DOES exist in RMVXA, so I guess that requires some scripting to fix...
Yeah, I do think that is default behavior in RPG maker MV. I don’t like it either, but I will take a look and see if there’s a way to “fix” that.
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm Let me know, if you need help with that.
According to Steam, I've spent 136 hours "playing" RMVXA since we last "spoke", so I have quite some experience now. Yes, VXA is based on Ruby and MV is JavaScript. But I had to learn Ruby from scratch for this, while I already know JS. And since they kept as much the same as possible (such as the names of global variables, method names, etc.), it shouldn't be too hard to figure this out...

Have a nice week!

P.S.: I was gonna say, that I'm looking forward to part two, but I've never finished part one, so I guess I should do that first :lol:
Thanks for the offer, if you do find a solution, let me know!
And thanks for the feedback!

Oats
--Oats--
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

zenetix wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:40 pm
I think it's funny that some people didn't like the random encounters since that's a big part of what RPG Maker can do. Can't please everyone though. :lol: I thought the cloaks were a good idea.
Yeah, I don't mind too much with people not enjoying the random encounters. I made the game in RPG Maker because I though it would be easy to get going using that software. But if I already knew other game making language or software, I probably would have done it tin that instead.
zenetix wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:40 pm On a different note, I found a bug in the New Game+. Before Chapter 5 there's a point where you can enter Bryci's house. If you have more than one person in your party she'll try to run and talk to you when you exit, but won't be able to because the other party members will be blocking her path to the main character. For me, that caused the game to freeze up. I had to go to an earlier save and just ignore her house completely if I had more than one party member.

Anyway, looking forward to part 2!
Nice catch, found the problem and fixed it, so should be good in the next version.
--Oats--
N3R0
Explorer
Explorer

Post by N3R0 »

Hey oats,
oats71 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:33 pm With regards to the Cloaks, I agree on the lateness in the game, but I figured it would add replay value to New+ Games.
You have a point there. As I never finished the game, I completely forgot about New Game+.
oats71 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:33 pm
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm "Optional" sounds fantastic! I love it when developers don't just go with either their intuition or with the majority's opinion!
Huh, how would it mess with your settings? Like the settings from the app, It was the Contacts List on the Cellphone right?
Yes. For every girl (which I've already met), I can set a value for how often they will appear as wisps. Possible values are 0..9.
Sometimes the game increases those on its own however, even resulting in values > 9.
The changes are only minor, so I don't really mind, that there are changes AS SUCH. But if I set a girl's value to zero (because I don't like her) it bothers me if she suddenly appears, because the game increased the value.
I never found a pattern regarding when this happens, though. :-/
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm 1. Smallest thing first: While I didn't really pay attention to the shadows in the game, it somehow stood out to me that there are some shadows missing in the school's theater room.
Do you mean like, the shadows next to the doorways and columns etc?
I did just take a look, and noticed some were missing so I added them, thanks.
If that's not what you mean, though let me know.
Kinda hard to describe without a picture. It's been a while since I noted down those bugs. Can't take a screenshot right now.
I'll just see what it looks like in the next update. :-)
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm 2. in the "shop" (while waking up), you can buy an item called "Orb of power 500". I never had enough currency to buy it, but the in-shop-description says, it only gets you +12. Is that a copy-past-error maybe?
It is only +12, but it also gives you the Stroke (500) and Stroke All (500) skills, which do 500 damage.
It’s the legit way of getting those skills without using the Master Hat
Is it too tough or impossible to get it? Should I lower the price?
Well, that does explain the name. I don't remember how much they cost, but the true problem about the shop is the "price" of those... what was the name again? They cost 50% HP each, which is too much.
During the first few in-game days, you barely build up any HP, so when you wake up, you usually can only buy one X at a time or not even one. And during the last 2 or 3 days, you spend a lot of time in the dreamscape on end, basically wasting HP, as the gauge is constantly full, and there is no way to spend them.
Or did I just do something wrong?
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm 4. I don't know, how I forgot to report this sooner, but it annoyed me right from the very first day:
Yeah, I do think that is default behavior in RPG maker MV. I don’t like it either, but I will take a look and see if there’s a way to “fix” that.
N3R0 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 pm Let me know, if you need help with that.

Have a nice week!

Thanks for the offer, if you do find a solution, let me know!
Well, I wrote a working fix for RM VXA. 8-)
I'll take a look at some Plugins (for other stuff) for MV from other people, to verify the code structure of the built-in classes & methods and try to translate the script from Ruby to JS.
But I can't test it, as I have no license for MV :-/

Edit: Turns out my fix won't be useful :-(
In VXA, the bug only occurs in the menu. During battles, the behaviour is already how it should be, out-of-the-box.
As the skills in your game are all "battle only", it won't make a difference.
Do you use a custom battle engine? Maybe the bug comes from there...
If you are a creator of a Tease AI personality, check out my personality editor called TAIPEJ!
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

orangekettle wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:33 am This game is :love:
Thanks! :-D
--Oats--
Jamatora
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Jamatora »

Hey,
I've completed the game now and i am impressed. I really love the idea and the concept, especially the joi parts which were not in fights.
Sometimes the random encounter are anoying and often i wish for more joi minigames, like the nurse storyline. In generell their could be some more fetish based task.
But the choose of images is great, also the small story is cool and the combat is also great. I enjoy the setting and dialogues. This is a very good concept for a huge joi game.
Well done!
oats71
Explorer
Explorer

Post by oats71 »

Jamatora wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:38 am Hey,
I've completed the game now and i am impressed. I really love the idea and the concept, especially the joi parts which were not in fights.
Sometimes the random encounter are anoying and often i wish for more joi minigames, like the nurse storyline. In generell their could be some more fetish based task.
But the choose of images is great, also the small story is cool and the combat is also great. I enjoy the setting and dialogues. This is a very good concept for a huge joi game.
Well done!
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, and glad you enjoyed it.
Part two should have more non-fighting content, and added fetishes and minigames.

Oats
--Oats--
Alectra_play
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Alectra_play »

I'm pretty stuck at the maid kitchen games in Anita castle, it seems I'm not good enough at counting people :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler: show
Currently stuck in the third game guessing how many people are behind the counter
Nevermind :lol: :lol: :lol:

It has been an interesting use of RPG Maker to say the least indeed