do you play your own teases?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
SWW
Explorer
Explorer

do you play your own teases?

Post by SWW »

Do you ever play your own teases? I like to wait at least 6 months untill I play one I've just made so it's not fresh in my head. By then I've almost forgotten everything and it's like a surprise when I'm playing lol also when your making a tease, do you try make that tease how you like it or how you think people would like it? If that makes sense?
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: do you play your own teases?

Post by indyc »

I "play" TOTS an absolute ton but for the purposes of testing and bug squashing. I keep planning to actually play it to have a good time(especially considering there are many paths I don't even remember making anymore) but I haven't gotten around to it because I keep working on it. It is also hard for me not to "play" it without taking notes for improvement on the side.

As far as your other question of do I try to make the tease how I like it or how I think people would like it? - I make the game mechanics how I would like it. If this aspect doesn't appeal to me I won't have the motivation to push the project towards completion. However, much of the content is stuff that I think other people would like. For example, I don't care about feet, cbt... etc. I still go out of my way to include those things to make it a "create your own experience" and let as many tastes enjoy my core system.
Quarz
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Quarz »

Definitely play it at least once for bug testing (and individual segments much for often).

Afterwards... yeah, sometimes. The less intense ones more than the others.
I try to write them in a way I like them, after all.
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

Yes, to test the tease for bugs and continuity issues before publishing. After the tease is posted, occasionally, to see if the the tease has stood the test of time.

I write teases primarily for my enjoyment. If someone else enjoys it, that's a bonus. If a tease is well written, someone with similar preferences will probably play it

:wave:
SissyChris76
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by SissyChris76 »

Keep in mind I'm n00b with only one tease under my belt. I made the tease exactly how I want it and I've probably played it 50 times in the first month! In fact I was going to have a week when I can only stroke and finish exactly how my tease lets me. Dying by my own sword lol.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Play it once for bug testing. And I've replayed others several years later when ive forgot everything in them :lol:
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

Shattered wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:33 pm Play it once for bug testing. And I've replayed others several years later when ive forgot everything in them :lol:
Same for me, is amazing how much I forget about my own teases!
Try anything once!
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

Yes I play them one or two times, that's after the bug testing and before publishing.

Knowing what is going to happen usually doesn't matter for me, because "testing the tease" is part of another challenge.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by ritewriter »

SWW wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:58 am Do you ever play your own teases?
As other's have said, I play mine to test it. It's big and complicated with a lot of branching paths, so I've played it many times, but largely for bug finding. Maybe someday once it's done, I'll be able to play it just for fun.

Though I bet I'd find things to fix even then.
...do you try make that tease how you like it or how you think people would like it? If that makes sense?
Makes perfect sense!

I make THE EVIL STEPMOMMY for what I'd enjoy, though I do throw in some things I'm not super into. Honestly I'm not super into the whole stepmother incest kink, but once I came up with the idea for the story, I embraced it. There are other elements I put in because I think other people might enjoy them even though they're not my thing. So it's mostly what I like, but not entirely.

I do avoid kinks I actively DISLIKE like scat, puke, blood, dirty feet, extreme misogyny, or overtly racist race play. And long timers. I fucking hate long timers!