High cost, just buy it estim

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
maulakai
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

High cost, just buy it estim

Post by maulakai »

I’m just an ape who wants to experience the estim videos on this site. I’ve tried build the DIY one, but I can’t seem to get all the parts, and in truth, I would much rather just buy a device like this. I would greatly appreciate anyone pointing me towards a commercial device which is suitable.

If you’ve already made one of these devices, perhaps consider making another for me, and charging for your labor?

Or any solution?
tkct78
Explorer
Explorer

Re: High cost, just buy it estim

Post by tkct78 »

I'm in the same boat. I could build the DIY box, but haven't had the time to do it. Plus I look at the commercial units and knowing what a TENS device runs (I know it's not the same, but the principles are), I have a hard time wanting to buy one for the price points they're at! Definitely curious what others are saying.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

I work with specialty consumer products, and can speak to the frustrations expressed:

The price points of built devices are due to a few issues: 1) the niche aspect of e-stim, 2) the build, design, and features, and 3) Availability.

At no point have any of the stim device makers hit a critical mass of demand to justify a big MOQ (like 10k units in one order) and simply warehouse products waiting to buy. Warehousing costs money, the rough and very optimistic math on consumer goods is 2% of the value every 4 weeks. These are built on slim product margins, and having 9800 devices in a warehouse after 6 months puts you out of business ('cause you'll sell only a couple hundred more and then 9500 are sitting after a year...) You have to produce in small quantities which raises the production cost significantly (and the retail price), but it's better than the unknown of whether or not they'll sell.

Battery tech - in the ET-312 - changed as well, making theirs a bit outdated, so the limited production ceased while they develop a modern box. With BT-Stim, it was literally a cottage-built device, just one guy making them in his workshop. EStim-Systems has a bit more up-front sophistication, but the product development left much to be desired...when you don't have a massive userbase like, say iPhones, you don't get the bugs worked out as well through the user-testers.

While it's growing and grew big during the worst of the pandemic, it's still about sex devices and will be relegated to niche regardless. The adult industry has a price premium baked into nearly every product out there - it goes right back to sell-through volume.

Design isn't super complicated, but it takes a fair bit of time to build one. In the world out there, you either pay for the design, or you pay for the build time. Additionally, the chip and electronics parts shortages do extend to a few components, so even sourcing for brands to build devices is affecting supply, which affects prices. Added features or the signal processors will cost more, obv.

TENS vs Stim - TENS are very simplistic devices and since they are medical use and quite popular, the price is lower. There are also market forces at work - someone makes a cheaper but effective device, and the price comes down on the rest to remain competitive. So far, no one's really made a cheaper but 100% effective stim device - even DG Labs has some bugs and issues.
maulakai
Explorer
Explorer

Post by maulakai »

I can’t even find an expensive one to buy…. But I found all the parts and hopefully I’ll put ‘‘em together right.
phoopha
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by phoopha »

I was able to source pretty much all the components needed for a DIY build from a company called Mouser Electronics.
Xoxo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Xoxo »

I would buy a 3rdh (2018 pack), and triphase cable. Much less processing with audio signal that the 2B. More than enought power to get from pleasure to pain ...
Set the channel levels and the input volume in order do avoid clipping is about anything you'll have to do ..
Large 5x10 pad on glan, common 5x5 on just over balls, 5x5 on the ass, sitting to keep nice contact with trodes, and that will work quite well.
It's not cheap however ...
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

I might know where you can pick up a used et312b. PM if you wish.
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by JakofClubs »

I think DIY is the best route but the 2B is a good box. It's a bit expensive at $400 USD, but when I look at the hours of mind blowing pleasure, it's a bargain. Just add some conductive rubber loops and a tube of electrogel to get started down the path to endless addiction pleasure.

2B: https://www.e-stimsystems.com/index.php ... ucts_id=71
Electro Gel: https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-360-1208 ... B0093J2GWO
Conductive rubber: http://happystim-usa.com/catalog/c1_p1.html
dp85
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dp85 »

i recently bought a 3rdH and I am very happy with it. Had a 2B before that, which was a huge disappoitntment as it does not work propoerly with the pain sections of most of the teases here. But the 3rdH recognizes all the pain signals without a problem. Great customer support too!