The Netherworld

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

See poll question below.

Decision A
45%
Decision B
55%

Total votes: 42

Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: The Netherworld

Post by Kristycookie »

I'm curious how the first choice affects things. The description of the kind of mistress you like. I feel like it might be an important choice, but I can't tell what's being decided.

I just started this morning, but so far it seems really good <3
Veritas1966
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Veritas1966 »

Kristycookie wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:55 am I'm curious how the first choice affects things. The description of the kind of mistress you like. I feel like it might be an important choice, but I can't tell what's being decided.

Same question. I just finished my first round with choosing Ascent, now I open two browser with beast and demon, wanna see what difference does it make.
iiilllililiill
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iiilllililiill »

I'm curious about the painmode in the settings that is unavailable. Is there a way to unlock through the tease? Or has it not been implemented?
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kristycookie »

I tried to finish this on the weekend but it was so difficult... I died :\'-(

It was really fun though! I'm planning to try to beat it from the beginning again after some time passes...
schefflera0101
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by schefflera0101 »

Hi all,
Veritas1966 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:59 pm When I finish Karissas's Maze and thought there can't be any web tease that surpasses it, you published The Netherworld. This is certainly the best web tease I have played. The girls are pretty, and the story is wonderful. It will be better if there are more bad ending or just more endings in general (like surrender to demon rocksy). The beast fox girl's snapping finger and you have to edge every time with it is a very very interesting design, I love it (and because the girl you choose for it is so pretty, I wish there can be a surrender button lol XD). The many mini-games by Mimi are really fun as well, bringing the dice game in Karissas' maze to the next level.
Overall, I love it. And do you happens to have a Patreon account?
Thanks for your feedback :-)
I don't have a Patreon. Just enjoy it, it's for free :-D
Kristycookie wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:55 am I'm curious how the first choice affects things. The description of the kind of mistress you like. I feel like it might be an important choice, but I can't tell what's being decided.

Oh, the first choice isn't a big deal.
Spoiler: show
while wandering through the netherworld, you get to do some decisions. Some of them decide the dream-scene with Azami. The first choice decides only if the others lead to a draw.
I have planned much more, but time... oh well.
iiilllililiill wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:49 pm I'm curious about the painmode in the settings that is unavailable. Is there a way to unlock through the tease? Or has it not been implemented?
I had planned it. At the moment I do not have the time to implement it :(
Kristycookie wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:49 pm I tried to finish this on the weekend but it was so difficult... I died :\'-(

It was really fun though! I'm planning to try to beat it from the beginning again after some time passes...
It's meant to be hard :innocent: Besides, you don't have to do it in one day. Take your time and feel free to tell how it was, when you finished. :-)

:love: :love:
Try out my teases:
:love: Have fun! :love:

Older tease:
Edge slave training
boylad
Explorer
Explorer

Post by boylad »

Found a bug. After returning from the farm, I took an irl break. When I came back I was at chapter 7, but clicking on the red door sent me back to Rusty, instead of Kurumi. Which then brought me back to chapter 6. Tease has been a lot of fun so far.
GeorgeJack
Explorer
Explorer

Post by GeorgeJack »

boylad wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:33 pm Found a bug. After returning from the farm, I took an irl break. When I came back I was at chapter 7, but clicking on the red door sent me back to Rusty, instead of Kurumi. Which then brought me back to chapter 6. Tease has been a lot of fun so far.
I encountered the same probem
schefflera0101
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by schefflera0101 »

The farm.. tsts
Thanks for reporting. It should work now.

Try out my teases:

Older tease:
Edge slave training
Crayon123
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Crayon123 »

Hi really enjoyed playing this, could you DM me the chapter select codes as well? or include them in the ending

Edit: Finally finished it, now I see this was a dumb question. This was super well done though, probably one of the best on the site
Last edited by Crayon123 on Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by ritewriter »

My 2 cents. I enjoyed what I played, but honestly I've never been able to get very deep into this tease for two big reasons.

1. I find the internal, unskippable dialogue timers too slow. I'm a fast reader with a short attention span and I don't always have hours to play, so I'd enjoy this more if all your SAY parts were skippable. I want to explore and enjoy your whole story, but I get bored when I can't move forward at my own pace. I had the same issue with the initial release of my own tease, and I think enabling skipping was a big improvement for mine.

2. Your dialogue and descriptions get very awkward in places. I suspect English is not your first language? Or maybe you're like a lot of my friends who are brilliant at math/coding but struggle to write good prose? Either way, you've done great work. It's a huge achievement to write such a long tease. But it can be hard to read sometimes. Normally I'd send you notes about specific places where you could smooth out the grammar or fix typos and awkward phrasing, but it's easily 50% of the lines. I'd suggest sending someone you trust the entire text if possible and have them help you polish the language. I'd offer to do it myself, but between my own tease and my real work, I don't currently have the time. :-(

Those two issues are the main thing that keeps this tease from being less than perfection, at least for me.

Obviously a lot of people love this tease, so this is really more about me than you. I love the models, premise, and story overall! Feel free to ignore this post if you don't find it helpful.
schefflera0101
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by schefflera0101 »

ritewriter wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:12 pm My 2 cents. I enjoyed what I played, but honestly I've never been able to get very deep into this tease for two big reasons.

1. I find the internal, unskippable dialogue timers too slow. I'm a fast reader with a short attention span and I don't always have hours to play, so I'd enjoy this more if all your SAY parts were skippable. I want to explore and enjoy your whole story, but I get bored when I can't move forward at my own pace. I had the same issue with the initial release of my own tease, and I think enabling skipping was a big improvement for mine.

2. Your dialogue and descriptions get very awkward in places. I suspect English is not your first language? Or maybe you're like a lot of my friends who are brilliant at math/coding but struggle to write good prose? Either way, you've done great work. It's a huge achievement to write such a long tease. But it can be hard to read sometimes. Normally I'd send you notes about specific places where you could smooth out the grammar or fix typos and awkward phrasing, but it's easily 50% of the lines. I'd suggest sending someone you trust the entire text if possible and have them help you polish the language. I'd offer to do it myself, but between my own tease and my real work, I don't currently have the time. :-(

Those two issues are the main thing that keeps this tease from being less than perfection, at least for me.

Obviously a lot of people love this tease, so this is really more about me than you. I love the models, premise, and story overall! Feel free to ignore this post if you don't find it helpful.
Every feedback is good feedback. Thanks for your thoughts.
re-1. The unskippable dialogues are mostly when one is ordered to stroke/edge. Skipping would ruin the intension. The time spans are also intended to create a certain tension at some points.

re-2. I had once asked for a translator, but unfortunately only got one response. I can understand it, because it's really a lot to translate. In my spare time, I would also have much better things to do than to take over someone else's translation.

Again: Thanks for your feedback :-)

:love:
Try out my teases:

Older tease:
Edge slave training
notreallymeeither
Explorer
Explorer

Post by notreallymeeither »

schefflera0101 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:29 am The farm.. tsts
Thanks for reporting. It should work now.

This is still broken, I just encountered it. Not sure how to get around it.
schefflera0101
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by schefflera0101 »

Okay, it was not saved.
Should work now. Thanks for letting me know :)

Try out my teases:

Older tease:
Edge slave training
notreallymeeither
Explorer
Explorer

Post by notreallymeeither »

schefflera0101 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:23 am Okay, it was not saved.
Should work now. Thanks for letting me know :)

No luck still :no:

I wonder if the values that are saved for my user need to be modified? Or do I need to delete my saved info and play through again?
schefflera0101
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by schefflera0101 »

I just tested it as you described. played the farm, turned it off and reloaded it. It worked.
For you, the values are not yet saved, but should be when you play through the farm again.
I believe (and hope) that you do not have to start from the beginning. If it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll give you the password for the chapters.

Try out my teases:

Older tease:
Edge slave training