[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Estim Snakes and Ladders

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Estim Snakes and Ladders

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:52 pm
19Hellothere83 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:38 pm
If you have some example script i would be more than thankful!
Can you check if code from this fiddle could be used?
Thanks! I'll play around with it a bit
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

19Hellothere83 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:47 am Thanks! I'll play around with it a bit
In case EOS does not allow to define your own function (I did not check if is possible), then skip the shuffling part, try this much simpler version.

This one give random line from array every time (you define array with dialogues once as variable and each time you need a line you execute 2 lines below). It can happen that it repeats same line twice, but probability is low, and it will always have same chance for any line regardless of if it has been already used. It should not be a big deal and it is easy to improve later if the concept works.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:46 am
19Hellothere83 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:47 am Thanks! I'll play around with it a bit
In case EOS does not allow to define your own function (I did not check if is possible), then skip the shuffling part, try this much simpler version.

This one give random line from array every time (you define array with dialogues once as variable and each time you need a line you execute 2 lines below). It can happen that it repeats same line twice, but probability is low, and it will always have same chance for any line regardless of if it has been already used. It should not be a big deal and it is easy to improve later if the concept works.
Cool! Thank you so much for helping me out!
I will try both ways and fiddle around a bit ... I will need some days however since i am buried in work right now :-(
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

19Hellothere83 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:04 pm I will try both ways and fiddle around a bit ... I will need some days however since i am buried in work right now :-(
I decided to check this as it will take me much less time (I am rather skilled at programming)...

So I created example to test, and there is easy way that you can also customize (I added groups of lines because I think this is needed for almost any tease that uses such random mechanics).

Here is my init block where I put all lines (per type, defined 3 here, intro, teasing, other):

Code: Select all

var dialogues = {
  intro: [
    'hello line 1',
    'hello line 2',
    'hello line 3',
    'hello line 4',
    'hello line 5',
    'hello line 6',
    'hello line 7'
    ],
  teasing: [
    'example line 1',
    'example line 2',
    'example line 3',
    'example line 4',
    'example line 5',
    'example line 6',
    'example line 7'
  ],
  other: [
    'other line 1',
    'other line 2',
    'other line 3',
    'other line 4',
    'other line 5',
    'other line 6',
    'other line 7'
  ]
};

function getRandomLine(lineType){
  if(dialogues[lineType] && dialogues[lineType].length){
    var randomIndex = Math.floor(Math.random() * dialogues[lineType].length);
    return dialogues[lineType][randomIndex];
  }
  else {
    return "no dialogues defined for type: " + lineType;
  }
}
Then in a tease page, you can use Say action to display random line of one of types defined by calling the function from eval tag:

getRandomLine('intro')
By passing argument for type (intro/teasing/other or whatever you define in your variable structure) you will get one of random lines from that group. I hope this makes the implementation easy so you can focus on being creative.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

Finally got a chance to play this.

First of all - fuck you for math questions. Not even joking. Some of us out here in the world really do struggle with mathematics and number puzzles, it's called dyscalcula and it's a common comorbidity with people who have ADHD. It's ableist fucking bullshit is what it is.

If you absolutely cannot do without - then please remove the fucking timer. We *can* do math and number puzzles but it takes a longer time.

Drop the ableist math shit and this is a tease of the year. But as it was, the 3rd time it came up, I turned it off and found something else to do. To get partway into the thing and then have that shit come up without any warning, was fucking aggravating as you can tell.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

throwawayacct wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:08 pm

If you absolutely cannot do without - then please remove the fucking timer. We *can* do math and number puzzles but it takes a longer time.
Hmm, maybe it can be converted into a twist:
- extend the timer alot (to 60 or 90 sec)
- make estim volume temporarily increase (i.e. 1% every second or every 5 seconds)
- add "give up" button that returns you down if you can't produce result

If correct result is produced then you take "shortcut" but if not, maybe it should still let you up as you paid for the shortcut by enduring the signal.
Hopper725
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopper725 »

Excellent tease! The signals are amazing

Perhaps the ability to continue the same signal on any girl. I felt as if I was close a few times and a longer signal
may have worked.

Slower transition from pic to pic. All the girls are hot!

You really did a great job and I’m hopeful you will continue making teases. I really enjoyed it!
Thank you for your effort
Hop
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:05 pm
19Hellothere83 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:04 pm I will try both ways and fiddle around a bit ... I will need some days however since i am buried in work right now :-(
I decided to check this as it will take me much less time (I am rather skilled at programming)...

So I created example to test, and there is easy way that you can also customize (I added groups of lines because I think this is needed for almost any tease that uses such random mechanics).

Here is my init block where I put all lines (per type, defined 3 here, intro, teasing, other):

var dialogues = {
    'hello line 1',
    'hello line 2',
    'hello line 3',
    'hello line 4',
    'hello line 5',
    'hello line 6',
    'hello line 7'
    ],
    'example line 1',
    'example line 2',
    'example line 3',
    'example line 4',
    'example line 5',
    'example line 6',
    'example line 7'
  ],
    'other line 1',
    'other line 2',
    'other line 3',
    'other line 4',
    'other line 5',
    'other line 6',
    'other line 7'
  ]
};

}
  else {
  }
}
Then in a tease page, you can use Say action to display random line of one of types defined by calling the function from eval tag:

getRandomLine('intro')
By passing argument for type (intro/teasing/other or whatever you define in your variable structure) you will get one of random lines from that group. I hope this makes the implementation easy so you can focus on being creative.
Thank you. I really appreciate! I will try it out first thing tomorrow :-)
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

throwawayacct wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:08 pm Finally got a chance to play this.

First of all - fuck you for math questions. Not even joking. Some of us out here in the world really do struggle with mathematics and number puzzles, it's called dyscalcula and it's a common comorbidity with people who have ADHD. It's ableist fucking bullshit is what it is.

Drop the ableist math shit and this is a tease of the year. But as it was, the 3rd time it came up, I turned it off and found something else to do. To get partway into the thing and then have that shit come up without any warning, was fucking aggravating as you can tell.
Im sorry you didn't like the riddles... But you still can keep on playing, you simply don't get the ladder shortcut :whistle:
I'll maybe implement some difficulty levels? So in "easy" no riddles and less throwbacks when using the mercy button ?
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

Hopper725 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:50 pm Excellent tease! The signals are amazing

Perhaps the ability to continue the same signal on any girl. I felt as if I was close a few times and a longer signal
may have worked.

Slower transition from pic to pic. All the girls are hot!

You really did a great job and I’m hopeful you will continue making teases. I really enjoyed it!
Thank you for your effort
Hop
Working on the slower picture changes :-)
Thanks for the feedback!
BamaSwitch
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by BamaSwitch »

Easily jumped to one of favorite teases of all time. Well done and thanks!! :-)
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

BamaSwitch wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:35 am Easily jumped to one of favorite teases of all time. Well done and thanks!! :-)
Thank you so much! I am very happy so many people enjoy this tease.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:05 pm

var dialogues = {
    'hello line 1',
    'hello line 2',
    'hello line 3',
    'hello line 4',
    'hello line 5',
    'hello line 6',
    'hello line 7'
    ],
    'example line 1',
    'example line 2',
    'example line 3',
    'example line 4',
    'example line 5',
    'example line 6',
    'example line 7'
  ],
    'other line 1',
    'other line 2',
    'other line 3',
    'other line 4',
    'other line 5',
    'other line 6',
    'other line 7'
  ]
};

}
  else {
  }
}

getRandomLine('intro')
Works like a charm!
Thank you so much, this is going to be so useful for other teases as well!

Now I have to come up with a lot of lines :-) but anyway makes the whole process so much easier and smoother than having a *hitload of pages!

Thanks again!!
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Welcome... looks like you could define any structure of data and any function in init and then use across pages easily...

Structure could also have "levels" and not only lines of dialogue but also names of images and estim files, right now each "element" is just a string with sentence but javascript allows more complex objects to be in array, and object can have many properties, of which dialogue line could be one, but more things could be associated to it if you need... if you need any help feel free to ask.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:29 am Welcome... looks like you could define any structure of data and any function in init and then use across pages easily...

Structure could also have "levels" and not only lines of dialogue but also names of images and estim files, right now each "element" is just a string with sentence but javascript allows more complex objects to be in array, and object can have many properties, of which dialogue line could be one, but more things could be associated to it if you need... if you need any help feel free to ask.
Thank you!
I already have a question.
Randomness is cool but I think it could be easier to be able to make an array and then call them up one after the other in this case
Would help me to make better dialogues...

I would make a dialogue array of lets say 5-6 lines for each field on the board
Then from the loop page i would load the sound file and the random picture from that model and count up the line numbers in order to have a coherent dialogue?

do you understand what i mean?