[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Estim Snakes and Ladders

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Estim Snakes and Ladders

Post by edger477 »

I think I do, and they can be grouped by the field, but I have been experimenting now a bit to see what is possible...

From what I can see, you can't use API to control what an image element shows, you have to predefine image to be already pointing to some image or gallery.
Also, you cannot use API to load sound files, you have to define sound element for each file, and then you can give them ID and set all volumes to 0 by default, so that you could use API to play certain instance at certain volume, but all of that seems to be oriented towards having pages for each different model/sound file.

Do you now have different page for each field?

If you have a tease page for each field, I suppose you have step to start audio, then number of alternating say/image steps on each page (and async timer probably),

If you wanted to make dialogs maintainable from single action on each page, you could do this:

In init script you define global function:

Code: Select all

var currentLine = 0;
function getNextLine(){
  var result = dialogueLines[currentLine];
  currentLine = (currentLine + 1) % dialogueLines.length;
  return result;
}
Then in page for field in the game you would have first step eval block:

currentLine = 0;
var dialogueLines = [
  'page2 line 1',
  'page2 line 2',
  'page2 line 3'
]
And all your say blocks would be identical, just eval with

getNextLine()
, but to edit all dialogue for the pages you just need to enter first eval action and change the array.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:37 am I think I do, and they can be grouped by the field, but I have been experimenting now a bit to see what is possible...

From what I can see, you can't use API to control what an image element shows, you have to predefine image to be already pointing to some image or gallery.
Also, you cannot use API to load sound files, you have to define sound element for each file, and then you can give them ID and set all volumes to 0 by default, so that you could use API to play certain instance at certain volume, but all of that seems to be oriented towards having pages for each different model/sound file.

Do you now have different page for each field?

If you have a tease page for each field, I suppose you have step to start audio, then number of alternating say/image steps on each page (and async timer probably),

If you wanted to make dialogs maintainable from single action on each page, you could do this:

In init script you define global function:

var currentLine = 0;
function getNextLine(){
  var result = dialogueLines[currentLine];
  currentLine = (currentLine + 1) % dialogueLines.length;
  return result;
}
Then in page for field in the game you would have first step eval block:

currentLine = 0;
var dialogueLines = [
  'page2 line 1',
  'page2 line 2',
  'page2 line 3'
]
And all your say blocks would be identical, just eval with

getNextLine()
, but to edit all dialogue for the pages you just need to enter first eval action and change the array.
At the moment the tease is structured as follows (for the standard fields - which are the looping ones)

Lets say field1:
Page 1) (picture of the board)
You landed on field 1
goto page 2

Page 2) Start sound (continue across pages)
Create timer notification 40 seconds (after running out goto page 4)
goto page 3

Page 3) (random picture of the field two model gallery)
Text
Goto page 3 (looping here until the 40 seconds from page2 to run out)

Page 4) <>sound.get('sound').stop()
(picture of the board)
hidden timer for auto rolling
goto dice rolling....

So I know I probably cannot control the pictures I want to display but I would like to control the text for each reload
Maybe by counting up a variable for each reload? which I then use to display the text line from an array accordingly?

I tried making a number of variables for each field with each a text line:
var dia10 = 'text0' (=dia10 the 1 stands for field1 the 0 for text 0)
var dia11 = 'text1'
var dia 12 = 'text2'
var linecounter = 0

and then I wanted to use the say function in page 3 (the looping page)
Say: <> 'dia1'+linecounter

after that count the linecounter 1 up:
<> linecounter = linecounter+1

loop the page

I then would set the linecouter to 0 again in the dice field for the next round...

but this does not work since the say function just displays the word dia1 and counts up the second number ... it doesnt recognize it as a variable...
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

19Hellothere83 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:08 am I tried making a number of variables for each field with each a text line:
var dia11 = 'text1'
var dia 12 = 'text2'
var linecounter = 0

loop the page

I then would set the linecouter to 0 again in the dice field for the next round...

but this does not work since the say function just displays the word dia1 and counts up the second number ... it doesnt recognize it as a variable...
This does not work as you cannot "calculate" names of variables... that is why my example contains a variable that is of type array (variable = [ element, element, element]), then you can <> variable[0]... but please take a look again at last example I gave you, with getNextLine function and dialogs defined on each page...

You can try adding eval action on page 2 with several dialogs like from that example and using say with <> getDialogLine() function (I gave a block with this function to put in init). With that currentLine I added this will get next line each time you call it, and you just need to reset it to 0 on next page (the example already does that, just replace 'page2 line1' etc with actual text.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:50 pm
19Hellothere83 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:08 am I tried making a number of variables for each field with each a text line:
var dia11 = 'text1'
var dia 12 = 'text2'
var linecounter = 0

loop the page

This does not work as you cannot "calculate" names of variables... that is why my example contains a variable that is of type array (variable = [ element, element, element]), then you can <> variable[0]... but please take a look again at last example I gave you, with getNextLine function and dialogs defined on each page...

You can try adding eval action on page 2 with several dialogs like from that example and using say with <> getDialogLine() function (I gave a block with this function to put in init). With that currentLine I added this will get next line each time you call it, and you just need to reset it to 0 on next page (the example already does that, just replace 'page2 line1' etc with actual text.
Perfect thanks !
I will ask you over OM in case I have any question about the implementation .
And Again... THANK YOU :-P
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:50 pm
var dia11 = 'text1'
var dia 12 = 'text2'
var linecounter = 0

loop the page

Just a quick feedback

the getnextline() function works well.
Thanks!
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

I will prepare a new version with following changes:
  • I will implement dialogues throughout the tease (not only on question marks and ladders and snakes) thanks to edger477 for all the help!
  • I will add 2 difficulty levels (easy without riddles and hard with riddles)
  • I will make slower changing time between single pictures but will allow to skip through them by mouseclick for the ones which want faster change.
Let me know if there is some other changes you would like to have so I can see if I can/want to implement them in this version
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

19Hellothere83 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:44 pm
  • I will make slower changing time between single pictures but will allow to skip through them by mouseclick for the ones which want faster change.
Just fyi, you can make timer depend on variable.

I.e. you could have variable for setting somewhere for difficulty or duration or whatever and then on duration of timer switch to turn the eval on and then use that variable in formula for duration.
You can also change volume of the audio files during play, ask if you will want to know how.
Hopper725
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopper725 »

19Hellothere83 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:44 pm I will prepare a new version with following changes:
  • I will implement dialogues throughout the tease (not only on question marks and ladders and snakes) thanks to edger477 for all the help!
Let me know if there is some other changes you would like to have so I can see if I can/want to implement them in this version
The ability to continue the stim signal on any girl for those that are close to HFO. This is for me one of the top 3 estim teases of all time. I hope you will continue the greatness. It is really that good. Possibly mor pictures of each girl
When you are sent back down.

Hop
ridgeracer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ridgeracer »

This is an amazing tease.
Please don't make to many changes. I have never been edged by an estim game the way this tease can edge you.
Turn up the volume and hang on!
Eventually you will get super close to a HFO at every field until you get a good ruined O over and over again.
Please keep the games Cumming!
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:45 pm
19Hellothere83 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:44 pm
Just fyi, you can make timer depend on variable.

I.e. you could have variable for setting somewhere for difficulty or duration or whatever and then on duration of timer switch to turn the eval on and then use that variable in formula for duration.
You can also change volume of the audio files during play, ask if you will want to know how.
Well if you show me how I'm more than thankful to learn how to use that!
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

Hopper725 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:40 pm
19Hellothere83 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:44 pm I will prepare a new version with following changes:
The ability to continue the stim signal on any girl for those that are close to HFO. This is for me one of the top 3 estim teases of all time. I hope you will continue the greatness. It is really that good. Possibly mor pictures of each girl
When you are sent back down.

Hop
Thanks man! I am very happy you like it :-)
I will work in more pictures for each girl where i can find them.

For the continuing the estim signal... But wouldn't that go against the whole game thing??
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

ridgeracer wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:43 pm This is an amazing tease.
Please don't make to many changes. I have never been edged by an estim game the way this tease can edge you.
Turn up the volume and hang on!
Eventually you will get super close to a HFO at every field until you get a good ruined O over and over again.
Please keep the games Cumming!
Happy you like it 🙂
Will keep on making estim teases. It just takes sooo much time....
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

19Hellothere83 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:47 pm
You can DM me any questions you have, but as basic sound manipulation, when you create sound element on page, fill in the "identifier" field (i.e. 'estim-sound').

Then in eval action you can access and manipulate it:

var sound = Sound.get( 'estim-sound');
  sound.seek(0); // this is to set it to beginning (i.e. you created it and set volume to 0 so it doesn't "start" until some event
  sound.setVolume(0.5); //this should be between 0 and 1, and you could calculate it based on something
  sound.play();

As for timer, there is switch at top right, to turn on eval, then whatever you write in that block will be evaluated to produce value for how long it is supposed to wait. You can use variables defined in init or on the same page (i.e. if you have setting for difficulty etc, but you can also access tease storage if you keep it there instead)
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

edger477 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:44 pm
19Hellothere83 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:47 pm
You can DM me any questions you have, but as basic sound manipulation, when you create sound element on page, fill in the "identifier" field (i.e. 'estim-sound').

Then in eval action you can access and manipulate it:

var sound = Sound.get( 'estim-sound');
  sound.seek(0); // this is to set it to beginning (i.e. you created it and set volume to 0 so it doesn't "start" until some event
  sound.setVolume(0.5); //this should be between 0 and 1, and you could calculate it based on something
  sound.play();

As for timer, there is switch at top right, to turn on eval, then whatever you write in that block will be evaluated to produce value for how long it is supposed to wait. You can use variables defined in init or on the same page (i.e. if you have setting for difficulty etc, but you can also access tease storage if you keep it there instead)
Thanks

for the timer I am trying the following :

Math.floor(Math.random() * (max-min+1) + min)

but it doesnt work ... what am I doing wrong?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

19Hellothere83 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:40 am
Thanks

for the timer I am trying the following :

Math.floor(Math.random() * (max-min+1) + min)

but it doesnt work ... what am I doing wrong?
I checked and I think it works :-D

The timer seems to ask for time in seconds but then when you switch to eval, the value you provide is supposed to be in milliseconds... I tried declaring var min = 1; var max = 10; and then with this eval in timer it works:

1000 * Math.floor(Math.random() * (max-min+1) + min)