Project NoName Announcement / Devlog

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Teddibaer
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Project NoName Announcement / Devlog

Post by Teddibaer »

Hi all!

:yes: Project NoName is now known as TeaseHub and the alpha is released

Early development screenshots a bit further down ⬇️

One-line introduction: I'm Teddibaer, a 27-year old professional software developer from The Netherlands who's been in the web / app development business for over 15 years. Right, enough about me!

I've recently started on a new standalone tease / script application. I don't have a name yet, hence 'Project NoName'. The application will be an all-in-one solution meaning it includes a player and editor. For now both the player & graphical editor are heavily inspired by EOS feature-wise. The reason I've started this project is because I think a new, standalone variant of the Eos player editor will unlock a whole new world of possibilities.

I want to make sure I don't spend too much time on software that won't be used. Therefore I'm planning to just release an early alpha version (hopefully next week - might slip to the week after). This alpha will last 1 or maybe 2 weeks. If this alpha gets enough traction & (positive) feedback I'll continue developing it. If not I'll leave it there and de-activate the application. With my experience and the input from the community I think this can become something really awesome, but only time will tell.

Goals of Project NoName
  1. Improve on the EOS editor & player (modernize user interface + user experience)
  2. Match & heavily expand on EOS features beyond what a website can provide
  3. All-in-one solution. This means a player, browser and editor in one, like Milovana. All scripts will be stored on a server and thus no manual downloading will be needed.
  4. Windows, Linux & MacOS
Goals of the Alpha
  1. Create a working early version that basically matches Milovana's possibilities
  2. Determine how much interest there is for such a project
  3. Receive initial feedback (both positive and negative)
  4. Determine whether it's worth my time to continue developing the application
Featureset for the alpha (next week or the week after - so most likely anywhere from Feb 4 - Feb 11)
  1. Fully functional player & graphical editor
  2. All EOS teases importable (Flash and Nyx support planned but not for the alpha)
  3. Javascript scripting (in a true V8 isolated environment - no interpreter)
  4. PH video & GIF support
Possible / planned features for the future of the application if and when it comes to that
  1. Built-in editors for video synchronization (funscript etc)
  2. Toy integrations (Wifi, Bluetooth, Serial (Arduino etc)
  3. Sound generation for Estim teases
  4. Other online video providers
  5. Scriptable AI integrations
  6. Gamepad support
  7. Possible mobile player (features limited to what the device supports)
  8. Speech API, webcam API - privacy & security will be handled professionally. Scripts will only be allowed to use such features after explicit permission from the user
  9. All quality of life features. Tease browser, script comments and ratings. The usual stuff that's not necessary for an alpha.
  10. Pretty much anything else you can think of. That's why I chose standalone - the sky is the limit
For now I'd love to hear from you what you would like to see in a new, modern variant of the EOS suite. Which features would you like to see added that are not in EOS and which features of EOS can't you miss? Early input (even before the alpha) can help me a lot developing software that people really enjoy using.

I'll make sure to post an update here every now and then with what I'm working on and what has been completed.

Here's a screenshots of the editor & player progress I've made since I started earlier this week. This is all work in progress and everything is possibily subject to change. I've been using the Estim Bondage script for testing the EOS importer, I hope Alexfayer doesn't mind!

Right, that's all I got for you today. Please do let me know what you think and which features you'd like to see. Ciao for now!
Last edited by Teddibaer on Tue May 03, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Project NoName Announcement / Devlog

Post by boundupone »

Subbed and watching with interest. Good luck with this.
Try anything once!
Teddibaer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Teddibaer »

boundupone wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:05 pm Subbed and watching with interest. Good luck with this.
Happy to hear. Love your teases! Any (Estim specific?) features that you're interested in?
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

This sounds like a super cool project and I would be down to contribute. Do you have plans on open-sourcing any of it and accepting pull requests?

Estim-specific features that I personally think would be really nice:
  • Biggest suggestion from me would be a catalog of e-stim sound files for use in teases that can be browsed and filtered by device compatibility and reviewed or commented upon. A lot of files are designed for a stereostim but don't work well on a 2B or vice versa.
  • Additionally it would be nice to tag or categorize the type of sound it is (e.g. "moderately painful" vs. "sensual tease") so that authors that don't own the other device can still provide sound files that match what's going on. Comment/user reviews could help with this.
  • The ability to programmatically ramp up or down the estim volume, as well as smoothly pause or start the same signal. Looping signals as well would be nice if the start/end of the loop could be optionally blended.
  • You can probably reuse some of that work for a general sound like that has stroke meters, or sound effects like moaning, etc.
  • It would be nice if "calibration" would be remembered and consistent between teases.
Evals
Teddibaer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Teddibaer »

Hi Evals!

For now I don't have any plans for open-sourcing the application, but I am planning to allow 3rd party plugins that can be included with scripts. Those plugins will need approval though to make sure they don't do anything shady.

I think a built-in database of E-stim files is a great idea. Could be a good thing for the E-stim community as I think the lack of organized files is something that's holding it back. Finding files that you like is a real challenge as there are hundreds and hundreds of files without any real organization or search option, at least I found it to be.

All other features you mentioned are great ideas and I'll be sure to put them on the todo list, I appreciate the input!

Have a great weekend!
DeadpoolJr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DeadpoolJr »

This sounds awesome! Gonna be watching your progress with great interest!
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show
Hopper725
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Hopper725 »

Subscribed! Very interested to see estim integration.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Teddibaer wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:25 pmFor now I don't have any plans for open-sourcing the application
This seems likely to negatively impact community interest in using your program.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
Teddibaer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Teddibaer »

RemiHiyama wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:13 am This seems likely to negatively impact community interest in using your program.
That's fine, you can impossibly please everyone. Personally I don't see a problem with closed source. If you're thinking about security you can always choose to monitor it's network, IO and device usage. Or run it in a sandbox or VM. Not trusting closed source is only an option if you solely use open source software, which is almost nobody.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

Teddibaer wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:56 amIf you're thinking about security you can always choose to monitor it's network, IO and device usage. Or run it in a sandbox or VM.
Not everyone has the technical knowhow to do these things.

Ultimately, the question is how you decide who to trust. And, to put it bluntly, why should anyone trust your software? Your history in this community is essentially nonexistent (literally one post that's not about this program), so it can't serve as a benchmark. There's no trusted outside group backing your work. And as long as you're closed source, you can't gain trustworthiness from community examination of your code.

It's not about trusting or not trusting closed source in general. Unless you can demonstrate that you, personally, are trustworthy, no one should run programs from you. Maybe you can come up with a way to do that which doesn't involve posting your source code... but I doubt it.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

Teddibaer wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:09 pm
boundupone wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:05 pm Subbed and watching with interest. Good luck with this.
Happy to hear. Love your teases! Any (Estim specific?) features that you're interested in?
Hi, glad you like my teases.

I see you already have some great suggestions for estim.

Not sure if possible but one of the big issues for estim is different sound files can have wildly different levels, which can make it very difficult to sew everything together into one tease. So if you could programatically control the levels, so you dont need to worry about matched files, rather the software can do this. That would make it so much easier to make complex teases without having to make the sound files yourself, or finding yourself limited to just one set of sounds.

If you could do this you may also need an override so you can still have shocks/pain files where you dont want the system to normalise them.

Another interesting idea would be to allow integration with stimcomposer, that way you could easily build loads of stim tracks and it would make tease creation so much simpler. The issue now is the file size is way to big to use in a tease, but if integration was possible (or perhaps something similar built in as a function of what you are building) it would open the door for anyone to quickly create an estim tease.
Try anything once!
Teddibaer
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Teddibaer »

RemiHiyama wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:49 amNot everyone has the technical knowhow to do these things.
Not everyone has the technical knowhow to audit open source software, either. If the goal is verifying whether software doesn't do anything shady this is a decent way.
RemiHiyama wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:49 am Ultimately, the question is how you decide who to trust. And, to put it bluntly, why should anyone trust your software? Your history in this community is essentially nonexistent (literally one post that's not about this program), so it can't serve as a benchmark. There's no trusted outside group backing your work. And as long as you're closed source, you can't gain trustworthiness from community examination of your code.
So that would mean that nobody can release closed source software without first releasing open source software to verify that somebody is trustworthy? That's not how it works. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Why would releasing 1 piece of legit open source software guarantee the next piece of closed source software is legit too?
RemiHiyama wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:49 am It's not about trusting or not trusting closed source in general. Unless you can demonstrate that you, personally, are trustworthy, no one should run programs from you. Maybe you can come up with a way to do that which doesn't involve posting your source code... but I doubt it.
Let's just agree that this software might not be for you and leave it there. Then other people can decide for themselves whether they do want to use it. If it turns out that the community isn't interested I'll ditch the project after the alpha. And that would be totally fine.

PS I'm writing the software in Electron. So I guess it's half open source anyway.
boundupone wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 am Not sure if possible but one of the big issues for estim is different sound files can have wildly different levels, which can make it very difficult to sew everything together into one tease. So if you could programatically control the levels, so you dont need to worry about matched files, rather the software can do this. That would make it so much easier to make complex teases without having to make the sound files yourself, or finding yourself limited to just one set of sounds.
That's an interesting idea! I can make it so any files added to the stim file library will be normalized on upload (or offer 2 variants, a normalized & non-normalized version). But then there's also frequency and wave patterns that influence how 'strong' a file feels. Certainly something to experiment with. Might be able to come up with a decent algorithm that takes those 3 properties into account to calculate a 'max strongness' per file. Will need some experimenting for sure. If and when we get past the alpha phase we can discuss the idea further, I think it's an interesting one.
boundupone wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 am Another interesting idea would be to allow integration with stimcomposer, that way you could easily build loads of stim tracks and it would make tease creation so much simpler. The issue now is the file size is way to big to use in a tease, but if integration was possible (or perhaps something similar built in as a function of what you are building) it would open the door for anyone to quickly create an estim tease.
Personally haven't heard of the software and a Milovana or Google search doesn't yield many results. Got a link for me? Will look into it.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

watching and subscribed with interest. Anything that makes estim teases more readily available im all in
Stimmer0815
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stimmer0815 »

boundupone wrote: ↑Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:34 am
Another interesting idea would be to allow integration with stimcomposer, that way you could easily build loads of stim tracks and it would make tease creation so much simpler. The issue now is the file size is way to big to use in a tease, but if integration was possible (or perhaps something similar built in as a function of what you are building) it would open the door for anyone to quickly create an estim tease.
Personally haven't heard of the software and a Milovana or Google search doesn't yield many results. Got a link for me? Will look into it.

Hi, this is the Link for Stimcomposer
http://asteria.feralhosting.com:12345/

By the way, your project sounds great. Would love to hear that you still work on this in the future.
There are some new commercial E-Stim devices in the future which will could give a boost for E-Stim in General.

https://www.blackstore.com/shop/content ... p3497.html
https://kinkstore.com/products/deep-by- ... -power-box

I hope in the future it will be more eays to find stimfiles which match with your E-Stim device and that ist will be more easy to create a tease from soft to hard. Selfbondage with ramping or interactive. SO everybody can enjoy E-Stim in the future without hesitating with all the technical problems behind.

Greetings Chris
stonecutter
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stonecutter »

Always happy to see new potential estim ideas grow to fruition, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.