Suggestion: "add foe" should hide user's teases

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Suggestion: "add foe" should hide user's teases

Post by playsafe9 »

So if I'm disliking a user, I can click on the user's profile and click on "add foe". But the webteases are still visible.
Would it be possible to hide teases, if the author is on ones blacklist?
In my opinion the teases should be completely hidden and not show a "a blocked author posted something" spoiler tag.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: Suggestion: "add foe" should hide user's teases

Post by kerkersklave »

I don't see the importance of such a feature. Spam is voted down quickly. And if you just don't like the teases of a certain user, just do not open them. Teases are not published at such a high rate.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

I agree but I saw several teases about "your girlfriend something something" appeared recently. I wanted to open the first one but then when several more appeared with similar names I lost the interest; with so many in so short timespan it looks more like spam than actual teases. I stopped expecting they would provide unique story/experience and moved past. They did seem to have solid ratings but I believe most people would upvote any decent teases (myself included) to motivate authors to keep up the work. Not sure how much work is in those though as with so similar thematic you could just make some edits to same tease and re-upload as new one.

Still I agree that such blacklist feature would not be very important, but I don't want to go through all these teases to check them and then rate and provide feedback. If other users feel the same it might take time for ratings to actually start reflecting the quality of teases.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

edger477 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:45 pm I agree but I saw several teases about "your girlfriend something something" appeared recently. I wanted to open the first one but then when several more appeared with similar names I lost the interest; with so many in so short timespan it looks more like spam than actual teases.
Just because an author starts a tease series with a tease a day for a while you assume anything? The teases are not exceptionally long or complex, but it is a decently written story, continuing over several days. There have been a lot of series like these in the past and often series are quite popular.
If you don't like it, don't read it, but don't throw shit around without good reason.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:30 am
Just because an author starts a tease series with a tease a day for a while you assume anything? The teases are not exceptionally long or complex, but it is a decently written story, continuing over several days. There have been a lot of series like these in the past and often series are quite popular.
If you don't like it, don't read it, but don't throw shit around without good reason.
What is the point of your temper tantrum? Yes, if someone makes a tease a day, I will assume they have spent order of hour(s) on the tease and I will not look at ratings at all because I know most of the users will not have had time to rate them. If you don't like my angle then don't read me, but it is legitimate way to prioritize usage of my time, I will rather use it on much older content that has ton of ratings.
My post was not even about any particular tease, that is why I haven't mentioned any particular title or author, but the fact that anyone could create one tease and then they could keep adding more content to it, or publish new tease with additional content every day, and I am sure they would get good ratings, maybe even better than if it is a single tease because people who feel it is spammy won't bother to rate them and it will mostly be rated by people with a lot of free time who crave any new content.
It is exact same approach I use when shopping, if I look at an item on Amazon and it has 4.9 rating out of 13 users, and alternative is 4.6 stars product with 13000 ratings, I will always choose the second one.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

edger477 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm Yes, if someone makes a tease a day, I will assume they have spent order of hour(s) on the tease and I will not look at ratings at all because I know most of the users will not have had time to rate them.
Strange assumption. Teases can easily collect 20-30 votes in a day, and he might keep looking on the development while the series continues.
If you don't like my angle then don't read me,
I read, what I want to read, and point out, what I want to point out.
My post was not even about any particular tease, that is why I haven't mentioned any particular title or author
Bullshit, you clearly identified a tease series, and just one.
It is exact same approach I use when shopping, if I look at an item on Amazon and it has 4.9 rating out of 13 users, and alternative is 4.6 stars product with 13000 ratings, I will always choose the second one.
Do what you want to do, I don't care. Just don't accuse people of spamming without verifying, that something is actually spam.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by RemiHiyama »

I would note that the length of time between publications is not a reliable measure of how long each item took to make; someone doing such a series might very well make the entire thing in advance before posting any of them, and then post them one a day or so when all was ready... you know, to avoid spamming people.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
Skip Towne
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Skip Towne »

edger477 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:45 pm My post was not even about any particular tease, that is why I haven't mentioned any particular title or author
edger477 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:45 pm I agree but I saw several teases about "your girlfriend something something" appeared recently. I wanted to open the first one but then when several more appeared with similar names I lost the interest; with so many in so short timespan it looks more like spam than actual teases.
Bro, you did absolutely mention a specific tease lol. I will also come to the defense of this series as well, yes there's new episode every day, but they are anything but copy and pastes. They're all top-tier teases so far with a good ongoing story and great teasing. Plus, the author has said he has the entire thing planned out and the daily release schedule will conclude on Sunday the 23rd. So there's an end date, it won't be a constant thing. I would recommend at least playing the first tease. Well worth your time.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Skip Towne wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm
Bro, you did absolutely mention a specific tease lol.
It was intentionally not particular tease, but yes, it is particular series which takes more than half of the items on latest webteases page. I am not sure what would be the reasoning to spend time and then publish all teases at once, for someone who has sparse time, it is off-putting to start them if you know there are numerous others. I will let them settle down a bit first, as they might have only received very good ratings from most eager users, and I don't want to be disappointed :)
fenway
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by fenway »

edger477 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm It was intentionally not particular tease, but yes, it is particular series which takes more than half of the items on latest webteases page. I am not sure what would be the reasoning to spend time and then publish all teases at once, for someone who has sparse time, it is off-putting to start them if you know there are numerous others. I will let them settle down a bit first, as they might have only received very good ratings from most eager users, and I don't want to be disappointed :)
This is the thread where I realized you were an idiot. Just so you don't have to look through ALL of your forum posts to find what I'm referring to in the rating bomb thread. Jerk.
If you enjoy my work and would like to see more, consider supporting me on Patreon or leaving me a tip on Ko-fi! :-)

My published teases on Milovana!

Can't wob the Kob :-D
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

fenway wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:02 pm
edger477 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm It was intentionally not particular tease, but yes, it is particular series which takes more than half of the items on latest webteases page. I am not sure what would be the reasoning to spend time and then publish all teases at once, for someone who has sparse time, it is off-putting to start them if you know there are numerous others. I will let them settle down a bit first, as they might have only received very good ratings from most eager users, and I don't want to be disappointed :)
This is the thread where I realized you were an idiot. Just so you don't have to look through ALL of your forum posts to find what I'm referring to in the rating bomb thread. Jerk.
Those are your teases? I never cared about author... I only remembered few authors of great estim teases because I wanted to check their other creations (due to probability of having similar/same files). But now that you are trying to spam and dig my previous posts, I see why people would go and give them 1 rating... and maybe they could be justified... to judge you based on your forum posts and personality instead of based on your work... as you are doing the same... lying about me participating and being called out in "some other forum" and sharing insults like they are cookies... But offense is always taken, and I won't take any from you. I still won't go open or rate any of your teases because you seem to need help, not ratings. So much hate and toxicity, judging people based on paranoidal hallucinations that everyone conspired to downvote just your work... I am really sorry for you being in so bad place in your life and I would discourage others from downvoting your work. Anyone can become so resigned in life, but good therapist should be able to help you find the path forward.
Also if there is a mod in this thread, I give my permission to go find and publish my ratings for any of teases created by this person... lets see how many I rate-bombed.
fenway
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fenway »

edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm Those are your teases? I never cared about author... I only remembered few authors of great estim teases because I wanted to check their other creations (due to probability of having similar/same files).
I read "I don't mind teases being identical if I like them, but then complain about teases I don't like citing them being similar as the pivotal issue".
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm But now that you are trying to spam and dig my previous posts,
Yep, me responding to you is totally spamming.
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm lying about me participating and being called out in "some other forum" and sharing insults like they are cookies...
I'm sorry, did you not interpret kerkerslave, RemiHiyama, or Skip Townes responses as calling you out? Because that's what they were doing.
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm I still won't go open or rate any of your teases because you seem to need help, not ratings.
Good, please don't if they don't interest you. That's been the whole point you've entirely missed.
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm judging people based on paranoidal hallucinations that everyone conspired to downvote just your work...
Read the whole thread. This was never about my work specifically. It was brought up as an example of rating bombing. Due to the frequency of publications, rate bombing was easiest to pin point with my work. Current authors IndyC and Diogaoo commented on the thread. And past users have left the platform altogether because of it. It happens and it has been proven for years.
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm I am really sorry for you being in so bad place in your life and I would discourage others from downvoting your work. Anyone can become so resigned in life, but good therapist should be able to help you find the path forward.
Aww thank you. Do you have any spirituality books you could recommend? I'm especially interested in anything that'd turn me into a douchebag virgin programmer. I live with hippies, you aren't being original.
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm Also if there is a mod in this thread, I give my permission to go find and publish my ratings for any of teases created by this person... lets see how many I rate-bombed.
Maybe you haven't rate-bombed anything, and in that case, I apologize for saying I suspected you had.

And yeah man, I'm pissed off by people like you. You're legit trolling but lack the self awareness to notice. Self awareness is a pillar of Dao so you might want to familiarize yourself with it. But maybe you'd rather teach me how to gaslight like you do? Cause you be gaslighting hard.
If you enjoy my work and would like to see more, consider supporting me on Patreon or leaving me a tip on Ko-fi! :-)

pjh776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pjh776 »

edger477 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:19 pm
particular series which takes more than half of the items on latest webteases page.
Yeah, that is incredibly spammy and annoying. Why wouldn't that author do like most other great authors having been doing and creating one massive amazing tease with multiple sessions/days inside?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

pjh776 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:08 pm
Yeah, that is incredibly spammy and annoying. Why wouldn't that author do like most other great authors having been doing and creating one massive amazing tease with multiple sessions/days inside?
Default sorting is "by latest" so maybe the goal is to always have a tease on first page to try get more clicks... but no one can make infinite amount of great teases to always have one in "latest" that is highly rated... so it will resolve itself on its own, just have patience and don't click it if it is not for you. Or sort by "views" - this is my favorite sorting to look for anything I missed (if something has so many views it must be good when people are coming back to it), and this author is handicapping themselves on that sorting due to making old teases "dead-end" because new chapters are in separate tease so there is no replayability.

I can't tell for sure but author seems not very keen to listen to any feedback that is not praise, they might be hurt and now hating everyone and everything and maybe feel affirmation when people appreciate their work; it must be something they gave great importance in life if they keep trying to insult anyone they suspect may be disliking their work.

In any case they are investing time into creating something, and for sure having to click different sorting is not even comparable with that effort so just live with it, more choice is better IMO, don't perceive it as something negative, even if it could be done better (new chapters instead of separate teases).
I don't click on 'girlfriend' teases cuz immersion (I married my last girlfriend more than decade ago so I don't feel able to immerse/enjoy), and you might have whatever reason but for sure there are users who like them and this is niche community so we have to live together and tolerate/be nice; as I wrote above, it is temporary anyway as other teases will surely come. Maybe some of users who like one of those teases get inspired to create one I will like (that is my positive attitude on this issue 8-) ) - in any case better than no new teases at all.

Also, I would not hope too much that the suggestion of this thread is going to be implemented, but whoever is maintaining the site thank you anyway... EOS editor/player is a cool product!

IMO it similar to movies... there might be Starwars serial in cinema or on TV but you are Star Trek fan... you don't need to go and try prevent it... or insult their fans... there is enough time in the universe and your favorite show will get its slot too...
fenway
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fenway »

edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:55 pm Default sorting is "by latest" so maybe the goal is to always have a tease on first page to try get more clicks... but no one can make infinite amount of great teases to always have one in "latest" that is highly rated... so it will resolve itself on its own, just have patience and don't click it if it is not for you. Or sort by "views" - this is my favorite sorting to look for anything I missed (if something has so many views it must be good when people are coming back to it), and this author is handicapping themselves on that sorting due to making old teases "dead-end" because new chapters are in separate tease so there is no replayability.
Hey man, first and foremost, I'm apologizing to you. I should have taken a chill pill before replying like I had the other day and I'm sorry about that.

As far as replayability goes, there are teases that offer replayability, and others that don't. I think it depends more on what the tease is about, whether it's a story (not easily replayable) or if it's something like a maze (more replayable). But at the end of the day, once someone has seen all a tease has to offer, it no longer has replayability. That is the fate of every tease in my opinion.
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:55 pm I can't tell for sure but author seems not very keen to listen to any feedback that is not praise, they might be hurt and now hating everyone and everything and maybe feel affirmation when people appreciate their work; it must be something they gave great importance in life if they keep trying to insult anyone they suspect may be disliking their work.
Can you please understand, my problem isn't with people disliking my work? My problem is when someone has a problem with an author, any author, for whatever reason, they decide to go in and downvote all of that particular authors work. Please understand, if a tease isn't to your liking for whatever reason, I'm not saying you shouldn't vote honestly. What I am saying is if a tease or fetish isn't to your liking, it's wrong to then go through that authors entire catalogue of teases for the explicit purpose of systematically downvoting everything, or do something similar regarding a particular fetish or something.

For example, I don't have a TENS unit, so it would be wrong for me to go in to every Estim focused tease and rate it one star simply for the reason that I can't play them correctly. It's rating things as poor without trying them, or downvoting everything for the purpose of downvoting that is the problem. Do you understand what I am saying? It's not just me who is concerned about this. Every author I've talked to so far says this is an issue for them, and if people want more teases to be published, doxing probably needs to be curbed somehow as authors have quit over this issue.
edger477 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:55 pm In any case they are investing time into creating something, and for sure having to click different sorting is not even comparable with that effort so just live with it, more choice is better IMO, don't perceive it as something negative, even if it could be done better (new chapters instead of separate teases).
Okay, straight up, I'm in a tough position here. You and a few others are finding the daily releases of mine annoying. On the other hand, there are several members in the community that have stated they've really appreciated the daily releases. Unfortunately, there are many more people who have liked the daily release schedule than those who haven't, at least that I've been made aware of. So, what would you have me do? Roughly the split is 15% against vs 85% who are for it. Can you think of a compromise that would satisfy you and the other 15%, while not taking away from the other 85%?

Finally, creating new chapters, or a larger tease rather than a series of shorter publications has some advantages, but also has many significant disadvantages. I'd encourage you to write some teases and dabble with shorter publications, and longer publications to see what I mean. I feel like without that experience, this is to ethereal a concept to really understand. Honestly, try it and see what I'm talking about. It's weird having learned this myself.