E-Stim 2B upgrade!?!

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
CumScream
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

E-Stim 2B upgrade!?!

Post by CumScream »

Greetings all,

After spotting a potential 2B upgrade (beta dropped this last month), I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it yet?

Does this work better with some signal types that were previously too weak?

References;
This post; viewtopic.php?p=317975
Their site; https://www.e-stim.net/viewtopic.php?p=22498
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.

If true control, is to be had, you will know not when.
Blissfully offered; your
Oblivion.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: E-Stim 2B upgrade!?!

Post by edger477 »

CumScream wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:45 pm Greetings all,

After spotting a potential 2B upgrade (beta dropped this last month), I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it yet?

Does this work better with some signal types that were previously too weak?

References;
This post; viewtopic.php?p=317975
Their site; https://www.e-stim.net/viewtopic.php?p=22498
There are new modes to test out, but for stereostim only news is "advanced stereo" mode where you can configure "mappings" - basically if you have trouble setting signal power in a way that n% is not strong enough and (n+1)% is too strong, then you should try advanced stereo mode and one of 3 input mappings (a/b/c) to see if it solves your problem.

For me, that problem is solved much faster by just adjusting volume output of sound card.
submalewillbow123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submalewillbow123 »

Tried the latest beta firmware, plus everything in between. Nothing has changed with stereo mode. Still the same issues (yes some users do not class this as a problem, but like the majority, it is a huge problem for me).

If the signal is too short it gets filtered out completely just like it has always done, and most signals still feel very similar even if they are very different, again just like it always has been.
cbttorturelvr
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by cbttorturelvr »

I tried it and in stereo mode and advanced stereo mode it seemed like signal jumped all over the place with teases where old Firmware was solid.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

cbttorturelvr wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:35 pm I tried it and in stereo mode and advanced stereo mode it seemed like signal jumped all over the place with teases where old Firmware was solid.
Yes, in estim bondage tease the torture now needs to be much closer to calibration/tease (around 5% above) otherwise you will fry your dick. I am thinking about downgrading but must check normal stereo mode, they said it should be identical to last version.
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JakofClubs »

edger477 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:08 pm For me, that problem is solved much faster by just adjusting volume output of sound card.
On the 2B, the sound card output volume mattered a great deal in getting good sensations out of many of the estim tracks. I also found that different sources felt different. Probably something to do with filtering, volume normalization or drivers. A cheap MP3 player felt best.
cbttorturelvr
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by cbttorturelvr »

edger477 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:07 am
cbttorturelvr wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:35 pm I tried it and in stereo mode and advanced stereo mode it seemed like signal jumped all over the place with teases where old Firmware was solid.
Yes, in estim bondage tease the torture now needs to be much closer to calibration/tease (around 5% above) otherwise you will fry your dick. I am thinking about downgrading but must check normal stereo mode, they said it should be identical to last version.
I found advanced stereo to all over the map with all different teases or video estim teases. Stereo less so but still not very consistent.

I tried both firmware back to back. I downgraded and it significantly different. I made no other changes to volume, signal, output device, cables, ect..
CumScream
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by CumScream »

edger477 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:08 pm ... "advanced stereo" mode where you can configure "mappings" ...
Yes, I was hoping these might have a better 'quick-signals' response than we have seen previously.
submalewillbow123 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:34 pm Nothing has changed with stereo mode.
[Regular Stereo or Advanced Stereo?]
cbttorturelvr wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:46 pm I found advanced stereo to all over the map with all different teases or video estim teases. Stereo less so but still not very consistent.
Some saying no differences noticed, others saying it now varies a lot more. Mixed messages heard hear :unsure:
I'm hopeful we'll find a way to balance these signals in a controlled way.
edger477 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:07 am Yes, in estim bondage tease the torture now needs to be much closer to calibration/tease (around 5% above) otherwise you will fry your dick.
This sounds like what we would see from the new Dynamic Mode, or from the Dynamic Bias (default set to Max).

https://e-stim.info/manuals/2b22/advanced-settings

- - -

Unfortunately I don't have the link/upgrade cable yet, so haven't been able to test these out so far.

Could be that a couple of the new features are changing the outputs differently, so we'll have to learn which ones to calibrate for the best stable output...

Blissfully offered; your
Oblivion.
submalewillbow123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submalewillbow123 »

CumScream wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:43 am [Regular Stereo or Advanced Stereo?]
Sorry, should have been more clear, by saying 'no difference' I assumed the OP was talking about signals getting filtered out so they feel very weak/non existent, in this regard nothing has changed.

Like others have said, there is a difference in feeling with stereo mode. Try changing the outmap map, map C makes it feel closer to the old firmware. Never really played with advanced stereo mode so can't comment on that.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

submalewillbow123 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:52 am map C makes it feel closer to the old firmware. Never really played with advanced stereo mode so can't comment on that.
According to developers on e-stim forum, output map ONLY affects Advanced Stereo Mode... Normal stereo mode is not affected so it should be same regardless of selected output map.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

I’ve been a beta tester before public release, nothing has changed they don’t listen to feedback and don’t care about stereo stim maps. Waisitng your time trying all the new maps, which have been around for a couple of years now.
RemiHiyama
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by RemiHiyama »

To be fair, I'm not sure they've ever claimed to care about 'conventional' stereostim audio support. They've said repeatedly that their focus is on translating music/other typical audio sources to estim.
Auto: Replaces selected instances of the word "not" with the word "definitely".
CumScream
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by CumScream »

edger477 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:38 am ... output map ONLY affects Advanced Stereo Mode... Normal stereo mode is not affected so it should be same regardless of selected output map.
That's the impression I'd gotten as well.
thebears73 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 pm I’ve been a beta tester before ... don’t care about stereo stim maps...
Hopefully this might change over time. If they gradually see more people asking for it, and using it, then they'll sell more units when the features include it.
But the place to encourage this is in their own forums & feedback. (Positive wording encouraged)
RemiHiyama wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 am To be fair, I'm not sure they've ever claimed to care about 'conventional' stereostim audio support. They've said repeatedly that their focus is on translating music/other typical audio sources to estim.
Agreed. The initial post for this topic is focused directly to the Milo community for that reason.
What do we have available / how can we use it in our teases / et al...

Blissfully offered; your
Oblivion.
JakofClubs
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JakofClubs »

As I'm not seeing another 2b thread, I thought I'd post a link to a collection of files by Hedonist (or Hedonist715) that work well with the 2b. Jen2 is a favorite.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... -68oo5d_Ly
zebbg69
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zebbg69 »

JakofClubs wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:46 am As I'm not seeing another 2b thread, I thought I'd post a link to a collection of files by Hedonist (or Hedonist715) that work well with the 2b. Jen2 is a favorite.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... -68oo5d_Ly
Yes! Jen2 was luckily the first track I tried on my new 2B. It felt great and made me cum easily.

Given the 2B's stated goals and design, I wouldn't expect a firmware update to make it feel like an analog device on quick beats and pain play. But for smooth signals like Jen2, it has been great.

I am intrigued by the idea of stimming to music sung by my favorite sexy sirens, which I still have not tried. But it's hard to imagine how a device that makes popular music feel good, by smoothing out its drum beats and high dynamic range, would allow sharp pain spikes or fast stroking beats to get through. There would at least need to be two very different modes.