Classics updating

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Should the old and new teases be combined or stay separate

Combined - I don't like the distinction between classic and new teases
24%
Separate - I like the separation of classic and new teases
76%

Total votes: 29

tease_o_phile
Editor-In-Chief
Editor-In-Chief

Classics updating

Post by tease_o_phile »

Hi all,

The amazing Seraph0x is planning on adding the ability to add ratings and tags to the classic teases...

The question has come up as to whether people would prefer the old and new teases be combined into one large database, or if the current separation of "classic" and new teases is better.

Please fill out the poll and give us some input on your thoughts....

tease_o_phile
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

I would say a bit of seperating would be good. To add them to the list of the new teases would be nice, but then i prefer a special mark that it is an old tease.

So i choose vote 3 :-P
Try or die
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Classics updating

Post by seraph0x »

tease_o_phile wrote:The amazing Seraph0x
:-| Shut up, you! :-D
tease_o_phile wrote:is planning on adding the ability to add ratings and tags to the classic teases...

The question has come up as to whether people would prefer the old and new teases be combined into one large database, or if the current separation of "classic" and new teases is better.

Please fill out the poll and give us some input on your thoughts....
Yep, I'll be sitting in this thread, curiously listening. :-)
spiff
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spiff »

I did not vote for either option, since for me it does not really matter since there are so many new teases posted, that it can be hard to get the time to watch both the new and the old teases.
On the other hand it would be a nice feature to have tags added to them, so that if your girlfriend decides that tonight is cbt-night then she would have alot more teases to use :whistle:
roysan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by roysan »

I agree to spiff. I have hardly the time to see the classics. But tags woud be a really nice feature. Just in case I am searching someting.

And the separation is OK.

Just an Idea: In the TOTM Section could one classical tease as a competetor. Or maybe only as a comparison without the chance of winning the contest.
The amazing Seraph0x
:-| Shut up, you! :-D

Btw, do you like "the one and only Seraph0x" better? :lol:
Roy
Just keep going
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

dark wrote:I would say a bit of seperating would be good. To add them to the list of the new teases would be nice, but then i prefer a special mark that it is an old tease.

So i choose vote 3 :-P
I agree with this. I like the newer format of the teases, and would like to see them updated into this format with ratings and things like that. Yet, I would still like to see them on a seperate page. When someone clicks on "webteases", there could be a button there to go to a list of the classics. Once they do this, it brings them to the same kind of screen with the thumbnails, ratings and the ability to add tags to them. These teases will have no author, unless a member of this site claims to have made one. At that time, they can be given credit for the tease and gain control over it (i.e. editing and things like that) as if it were a newly submitted tease.

Perhaps they shouldn't totally be seperated, but just have a different color title and border around them. Maybe they should slowly be released... 1 per week. That way, they can be edited and properly tagged for quality control. I am sure a few of the members would be willing to help out on this community that offers them so much.

Thats my opinion, what do you think?

bondageslave36
rtsyguy9
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by rtsyguy9 »

First off I am so glad to have found this site yesturday. I never knew it existed. When OD stopped running teases I stopped visiting there. Anyway, I have probably been through, that is participated with, almost all of the 'classic' teases from the old site and have a couple of teases in there myself (Meet your new friend and Amandas friend Mia). What a joy to see all of my old favorites (For Married Men Only, A Valentines Tease and a few others)!!!!!!!!! :-D

My take is that I would love to be able to edit my old teases and to have them be next to all the other great teases coming out now.

I am so ecstatic that I found this site!!!
konaf
Explorer
Explorer

Post by konaf »

I Have to say that we should definitely keep them seperate but maybe when we do searches on key words that we should look at them being able to be included.

Hope that all makes sense.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

konaf wrote:I Have to say that we should definitely keep them seperate but maybe when we do searches on key words that we should look at them being able to be included.

Hope that all makes sense.
Good point, I'll definitely keep that in mind when writing the search engine.
mrfire
Virtual Fireman
Virtual Fireman

Post by mrfire »

konaf wrote:I Have to say that we should definitely keep them seperate but maybe when we do searches on key words that we should look at them being able to be included.
I agree. In that thread, I think that it would be nice to see them displayed in the same way as the Milovana teases, but in a separate gallery.

There is a huge quality difference between the teases (a compliment to the writers here! :thumbsup:) and our teases show the unique perspective that this community has on webteases and teasing in general. I wouldn't want to see that blended with something else. :-)
scubawlf
Explorer
Explorer

Post by scubawlf »

FWIW, I like having them separated. They have evolved considerably on this site, and having the styles kept seperated feels right, somehow. If they were to be merged, I'd think it would be helpful to have a date associated with each one, and be able to sort them.