EOS - PNG image layering

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
tom.hevenaars
Explorer
Explorer

EOS - PNG image layering

Post by tom.hevenaars »

Right now, it's difficult to create teases with features such as:
- A map with locked zones
- A game board with moving 'pins'
- HUDs

The only way to achieve this now is with either conditional choice buttons, or a LOT of images (for each possible scenario).

With PNG layering, this can all be made possible easily. Basically giving the author the option to stack multiple PNGs ontop of each other and have them being displayed conditionally.

=>

Example: For the map with locked zones, you'd have your normal map image. Then you'd have a PNG image with fuziness / darkness for each zone. In the beginning, all PNG images can be shown, so that every zone is locked. Once you unlock a zone, you just set a variable 'zone1Unlocked' to true and put that in the condition of showing that PNG in the group.

I feel like this can bring teases to a next level, backwards compatibility and security shouldn't be an issue either.
OrgasmPhantasm
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): If I told you, I'd have to kill you
Sub/Slave(s): If I told you, they'd have to kill you

Re: EOS - PNG image layering

Post by OrgasmPhantasm »

I agree!
"Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total annihilation." - The Bene Gesserit
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
I am a: Switch

Post by Roblsforbobls »

tom.hevenaars wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:32 pm With PNG layering, this can all be made possible easily. Basically giving the author the option to stack multiple PNGs ontop of each other and have them being displayed conditionally.
Great idea!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Being able to use PNGs instead of just JPEGs in the gallery alone would help me out a bunch. To allow them to be layered is icing on that cake. I have a lot of workarounds to layering but it takes far more time and takes up far more gallery space the way I am doing it.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

I agree, and requested something similar a while back -- probably in one of my first posts here.

These kinds of things can be done in OpenEOS, though I'd still need to make an easier to use API for it.