[Release] Triple X-COM: Crash Landing (1.1)

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Which feature is important for the next tease?

Combat System
19%
Penis Length
6%
World Map
19%
Many alternative Endings
24%
Fetish Options Menu
32%

Total votes: 267

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: [Release] Triple X-COM: Crash Landing (1.0b)

Post by kerkersklave »

This is really amazing work. It is also one of the very few teases, that made a fight system really work for me. There are quite a few RPG teases out there now, but most do not really manage to integrate tasks and fighting well. For your tease it worked, at least for a while. After 10 or so missions it became a bit repetitive.

With respect to your questionnaire: I did not check any of the boxes. If the next tease has a fighting system, it would have to be quite different at least with respect to the tasks. The penis length option was a funny idea, but not really more than that. A world map can be useful, depends on the tease. Multiple endings are not that important to me. I like to explore them all if they are there, but I don't like to go through the whole tease again. Maybe I redo a tease a few month or later, if I have forgotten the details, but otherwise it would be like reading a book again immediately after finishing it. I do not do that. So I rather have one great main ending, that I am aiming for. The fetish option menu doesn't matter to me, I always check everything, even if it is just to not miss any content, but I also enjoy a lot of stuff.

With respect to the tease: except for the fights getting a bit repetitive after having done a lot of them, almost everything was really great. The household tasks didn't really work for me, so I did not do them in the end. If you do something like that, it should not be too much and it should be something kinky (clean your toilet with a toothbrush or whatever). Otherwise, there is no point for me doing some chore that doesn't need doing atm.

There is one aspect, I really hated though:
Spoiler: show
The automatic ending after 13 or so days. I was almost finished repairing the ship and had explored most of the content and then that happend. That was very frustrating and I basically clicked through most of the tease again without following it to get to a similar point to finish it. It is also quite hard to finish in time. I really like that you can not "die" in the tease or if you do, you always come back. But to make it in time, you have to win almost every mission and then failing shortly before exploring everything, just because some timer runs out, is annoying.
I understand, that time running out is a plot element, but some optional plot element to continue playing after that would be great.
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by MisterFlames »

Thanks a lot for your feedback, kerkersklave.
kerkersklave wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:02 pmWith respect to your questionnaire: I did not check any of the boxes. If the next tease has a fighting system, it would have to be quite different at least with respect to the tasks. The penis length option was a funny idea, but not really more than that. A world map can be useful, depends on the tease. Multiple endings are not that important to me. I like to explore them all if they are there, but I don't like to go through the whole tease again. Maybe I redo a tease a few month or later, if I have forgotten the details, but otherwise it would be like reading a book again immediately after finishing it. I do not do that. So I rather have one great main ending, that I am aiming for. The fetish option menu doesn't matter to me, I always check everything, even if it is just to not miss any content, but I also enjoy a lot of stuff.
I agree, the combat system shouldn't be too much of a copy if I decide to include it again in a future tease. One concept would be to have a normal fighting system without tasks and the actual task will depend on the outcome of it. (If you get defeated, they will "use" you. If you win, you can decide what to do with them, etc.)
kerkersklave wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:02 pm There is one aspect, I really hated though:
The automatic ending after 13 or so days. I was almost finished repairing the ship and had explored most of the content and then that happend. That was very frustrating and I basically clicked through most of the tease again without following it to get to a similar point to finish it. It is also quite hard to finish in time. I really like that you can not "die" in the tease or if you do, you always come back. But to make it in time, you have to win almost every mission and then failing shortly before exploring everything, just because some timer runs out, is annoying.
I understand, that time running out is a plot element, but some optional plot element to continue playing after that would be great.
That makes sense. I have underestimated a little bit how differently people play the tease. I will add something to give players more time under certain conditions.

Now that you mention the tight time limit, I will look into some values regarding lost missions. It is likely still too punishing in terms of lost time. I don't want to encourage reloading too much and I am a big fan of minimal fail states in a game. (losing is fun) There are a few things I can tune to make losing a mission less of a big deal in story mode.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

MisterFlames wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:27 pm I agree, the combat system shouldn't be too much of a copy if I decide to include it again in a future tease. One concept would be to have a normal fighting system without tasks and the actual task will depend on the outcome of it.
Could also just be different tasks or different options to fight. I like the integration of fighting and teasing. If I fight for several minutes without any teasing the arousal reduces. I think this integration still has a lot of potential. One could also integrate teasing in attacks, or give fights more of a theme, e.g. do extended edge holding, or pain, or exercise etc. during a tease and if you take a hit, what you have to do intensifies and if you win it gets a little easier. I really like the concept and it worked great for me for 10 missions or so, so 20-30 fights, which is a lot.
Now that you mention the tight time limit, I will look into some values regarding lost missions. It is likely still too punishing in terms of lost time.
For me, it is only an issue as there is a time limit. Without the time limit I would have worked my way through. Even with the fights getting less exciting, I am fine, when a tease demands some patients and poses a challenge. I would have worked through an other 10 missions. I also made a mistake, I replaced my sexy uniform at some point with some armor, which made it much harder to win battles. After I changed back, I was much more effective again.
Parts of teases that take some endurance can be fun, if it is worth it and there is more content afterwards (which it is in this case).
Lucient123
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Lucient123 »

This is a really exceptional tease. And I see you like Prey 2019. :)

However, speaking of the ending(s), there are a few issues. The best video joi(s) tend to have extravagant finishes - even if the tease ends in ruination. This is a bit of a weakness for most Milovana teases, and this one too. Some countdowns and some dirty talk during the endings would go a long way to improving the various possible climaxes of the tease. Moreover, the ending I got was... well, it finished the story, but wasn't exactly a climax.

There are a couple more issues too - Shield Generator is spelled wrong during the attack section, and there are places where there could be a few more options - the rest mechanic, for instance, is a little simple. Perhaps the more you rest consecutively, the more you regenerate? Then there is the magic - I barely found the well, and only toward the end did I consider jumping in it, making the magic mechanic kind of unnecessary. The tease mechanic is very well implemented, except for the fact that it's difficult to guess which type of tease which enemy prefers - their voice lines should really give clues to that. Some times they seem to, sometimes they don't. Then there are the long tasks; they are really quiet annoying. No one likes waiting for a bar to fill up.

I'm sorry if I've come across as negative; I could babble about how great your tease is for ages, but I don't think that would be constructive.

PS. The penis size thing in the other one was awesome.
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by MisterFlames »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:28 pm
For me, it is only an issue as there is a time limit. Without the time limit I would have worked my way through. Even with the fights getting less exciting, I am fine, when a tease demands some patients and poses a challenge. I would have worked through an other 10 missions. I also made a mistake, I replaced my sexy uniform at some point with some armor, which made it much harder to win battles. After I changed back, I was much more effective again.
Parts of teases that take some endurance can be fun, if it is worth it and there is more content afterwards (which it is in this case).
What do you think about a story mode version without time limit? I am not the biggest fan of difficulty options, because games are usually designed around a certain difficulty level. But as I understand it, the existence of a time limit is the main issue for you and I have to say that I sometimes don't like time limits myself.
Lucient123 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:18 pm This is a really exceptional tease. And I see you like Prey 2019. :)
Lucient123 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:18 pm However, speaking of the ending(s), there are a few issues. The best video joi(s) tend to have extravagant finishes - even if the tease ends in ruination. This is a bit of a weakness for most Milovana teases, and this one too. Some countdowns and some dirty talk during the endings would go a long way to improving the various possible climaxes of the tease. Moreover, the ending I got was... well, it finished the story, but wasn't exactly a climax.
Yes, I can see that. There have been more plans for the ending(s), but I had to cut that for the time being. The tease suffered a bit during development from feature creep.

There are tons of things I still want to add in an update at some point. One of my plans is to add a bigger ending that feels more like a climax, or an extended scene to play after it.
Lucient123 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:18 pm There are a couple more issues too - Shield Generator is spelled wrong during the attack section, and there are places where there could be a few more options - the rest mechanic, for instance, is a little simple. Perhaps the more you rest consecutively, the more you regenerate? Then there is the magic - I barely found the well, and only toward the end did I consider jumping in it, making the magic mechanic kind of unnecessary. The tease mechanic is very well implemented, except for the fact that it's difficult to guess which type of tease which enemy prefers - their voice lines should really give clues to that. Some times they seem to, sometimes they don't. Then there are the long tasks; they are really quiet annoying. No one likes waiting for a bar to fill up.

I'm sorry if I've come across as negative; I could babble about how great your tease is for ages, but I don't think that would be constructive.
No problem at all. I love honest feedback, to improve my teases in the future. There are a lot of things I just don't see when developing something due to operational blindness.
The actual magic should be unlockable through research / capturing aliens. You have probably found the meditation ability. My plan was to have very hidden features like that, but yeah, that includes the risk of unlocking it kinda too late to make good use of it.

Regarding the tease ability, it actually is random right now and not based on the alien. But there might be a few ways to make it more satisfying, by adding hints when being very experienced with teasing. I will have to think about something like that. :-)
This weekend I will very likely release an update that tunes task lengths. I wanted to create it sooner because some task lengths seem to be one of the main issues players had so far. But work has been a bit stressful in the last 3 weeks and I just didn't find the time, yet.
Lucient123 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:18 pm PS. The penis size thing in the other one was awesome.
:yes:
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

MisterFlames wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:12 pm What do you think about a story mode version without time limit? I am not the biggest fan of difficulty options, because games are usually designed around a certain difficulty level. But as I understand it, the existence of a time limit is the main issue for you and I have to say that I sometimes don't like time limits myself.
Yeah, without the time-limit it would be great. I just thought it might be difficult to change, as the time limit is part of the story. You would need some other way to stay on the planet in that case.

Also, I won't replay the tease for quite some time. I have discovered everything now I believe. I have it on my list of favorite teases, but it will be half a year at least before I will look at it again. So no need to change it for me now, but probably some others will feel the same. And also I was thinking of future teases of course. Can't wait for that prison themed tease, I hope it is mean, hard and makes me edge a lot :lol:
Edgemycock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Edgemycock »

This is a fantastic tease.
I love the interactivity and how the tease adjusts to my weaknesses making it more difficult, like another person said, I wish it would keep going, I've played a couple of times, will go back for more, thanks for making awesomeness!

P.S. penis length would be an interesting and appreciated factor, I think it's an under utilized element in teases, maybe 3 of them? have used it, that I've played.
Ahriman87
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ahriman87 »

MisterFlames wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:12 pm
What do you think about a story mode version without time limit? I am not the biggest fan of difficulty options, because games are usually designed around a certain difficulty level. But as I understand it, the existence of a time limit is the main issue for you and I have to say that I sometimes don't like time limits myself.
That would be nice. I like that story with encounters but I wouldn want to rush
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Release] Triple X-COM: Crash Landing (1.0d)

Post by MisterFlames »

Ahriman87 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:57 am
MisterFlames wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:12 pm
That would be nice. I like that story with encounters but I wouldn want to rush
Added an option to toggle the Story Mode's time limit. :-)
Ahriman87
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ahriman87 »

Added an option to toggle the Story Mode's time limit. :-)
[/quote]

Thank you! But i cant find such option. I can only find fetish and sfx options
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by MisterFlames »

Ahriman87 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:52 am Thank you! But i cant find such option. I can only find fetish and sfx options
Oops, I forgot to republish it. :blush: It should be there now!
Ahriman87
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ahriman87 »

Something wrong happened with my saves. I had a save on day 19 and now it is day 8
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by MisterFlames »

Ahriman87 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:52 pm Something wrong happened with my saves. I had a save on day 19 and now it is day 8
Did it roll back all progress or did only the day count change to day 8?
Ahriman87
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ahriman87 »

MisterFlames wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:11 pm
Ahriman87 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:52 pm Something wrong happened with my saves. I had a save on day 19 and now it is day 8
Yes, all progress was lost
MisterFlames
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by MisterFlames »

Ahriman87 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:57 am
MisterFlames wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:11 pm
Yes, all progress was lost
That means that EOS didn't save the data to storage for some reason. Sorry that happened. :-/ Two reasons for that I know about are browser settings (like playing in incognito mode) and surpassing a storage limit of 1 kb. The latter shouldn't happen with the tease unless you input very long names.

I couldn't replicate the issue. Does the progress last when you save and restart the tease now?