[RELEASE] COCK HERO - REPLAY

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE] COCK HERO - REPLAY [Public Alpha v0.06]

Post by Pseudonym »

AlchemyX wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:02 am This looks like such an amazing idea!

I want to try it so bad.

I have followed the initial instructions carefully and I'm using chrome... on my mac.

I have the files download on my external drive and have ample space. I hit play, It gives me options and I click continue... It brings up the first frame of a lovely young lady in peach undies but never starts to play a video.

Thoughts?
Can you show us what the console says? (F12 -> Console)
It might be the "black screen" bug when the video get's stuck. There is a worakround:
Click on the screen, press right arrow button on your keybord couple of times until the video starts playing. Then you can press left arrow on your keyboard and backtrack to beginning of the video.

(I'll respond to others later. I'm currently at my work.)
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
All my work so far: https://mega.nz/folder/sdcHmQzT#PZ4ctIZsoGp4N7zuDmIh_Q
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

Pseudonym wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:45 am

I want to try it so bad.

I have followed the initial instructions carefully and I'm using chrome... on my mac.

I have the files download on my external drive and have ample space. I hit play, It gives me options and I click continue... It brings up the first frame of a lovely young lady in peach undies but never starts to play a video.

Thoughts?
It might be the "black screen" bug when the video get's stuck. There is a worakround:
Click on the screen, press right arrow button on your keybord couple of times until the video starts playing. Then you can press left arrow on your keyboard and backtrack to beginning of the video.

Got the same thing at first and the arrow trick worked for me.

Great job on this by the way Pseudo. My only complaint is the time it took to download. If you're trying this for the first time, it's not quick. After download is complete though, it's like loading a video from local files and it's awesome. Just wish there was a way to feed the metronome into scriptplayer or into a separate audio card in order to use the Estim Control App.
fagustree
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fagustree »

flyer47 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:45 am Is this playable offline?
Complicated answer. If you're a patron and want to play unlocked content, you might need to be online. I need to test it.
But once downloaded, it should be playable offline. The site is fully offlineable and installable
Author of https://cyoa.club https://test.cyoa.club
Drop by and chat on discord about the app if you're a developer or a user.
Sponsor my development at https://www.patreon.com/ftrees to help me spend more time adding features and keeping it running.
fagustree
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fagustree »

fagustree wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:50 pm
flyer47 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:45 am Is this playable offline?
Complicated answer. If you're a patron and want to play unlocked content, you might need to be online. I need to test it.
But once downloaded, it should be playable offline. The site is fully offlineable and installable
There is a bug I will be fixing soon
Last edited by fagustree on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of https://cyoa.club https://test.cyoa.club
Drop by and chat on discord about the app if you're a developer or a user.
Sponsor my development at https://www.patreon.com/ftrees to help me spend more time adding features and keeping it running.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

inadeepstate wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:31 pm Hi. What is the difference between this “game” and a video download with a beat meter?
Sorry if this is a dumb question but i don’t know what is different about this compared to a video file.
No, that's a good question. I should probably explain it better in the first post.

I've got the idea for this game from AndyP's randomizer which was my primary way to play CH videos for many years now. The only issue was that even tho I still enjoyed playing through my favorite rounds many times over, I've memorized all the beat patterns and the excitement of unpredictability which is a huge part of CH was gone.
Hence - the randomized beat meter in CH Replay.

I've also always loved taunts in CH videos, even tho they are not that popular. So I came up with a randomized/procedurally generated taunts for CH Replay to keep the replayability high.
Here is very interesting dev talk that inspired me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbBID3N64A

I've developed somewhat simplified and modified version of that and experimented with it here before implementing it in CH Replay:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=23131

The idea of keyword substitution in taunts was suggested to me by desertfox and inspired by TeaseAI.

The other advantage of this game over classic CH videos is interactivity.
So for instance, there is a session setup, where you can choose length, difficulty and type of content that you want to watch today.

CYOA platform offers some very interesting opportunities that I would love to see explored by other authors. Again, the best way I can describe CYOA is "GuideMe for cock hero videos".
Overall, I would say there are both advantages and disadvantages to both classic CH video vs something like this game.

fragrantEmulsion wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:03 pm
The beats, taunts, and order of rounds are randomized. Well it isn't truly random, because the rounds are weighted.
For example, if you selected a "hard" playthrough, it would have faster beats and more intense content.
- So the rounds are actually not weighted. I haven't found an objective way to "measure" their difficulty based on the visuals. So difficulty setting doesn't modify which rounds you will or will not see.
- Beat patterns are weighted. Harded difficulties have generally faster beats, but it's all probablilstic, so not guaranteed. But with enough segments, rounds and sessions it results in what you would statistically expect.

I was thinking about using weights and some rules to ensure the "correct" difficulty but it leads to issues with code complexity, hard balancing, less variety and rounds having uneven probability to spawn (which could cause all sorts of problems).

I agree I should probably explain more, but I'm not sure how much info about the game I should dump on people in the first post. I don't want them to see a wall of text and say to themselves: "Nah, I'm not reading a novel before I can download some game." :D
But maybe I could do more in-depth explanation in my reserved, second post in this thread for people who are interested in the mechanics and how it all works.

Let me know if you all would like it. But it may take some time before I write it all down.

P.S.
Everyone, help with seeding if you can. Thank you.
:wave:
bigbeepis420
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bigbeepis420 »

Is there a way to fullscreen the content once it is running?
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

bigbeepis420 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:41 pm Is there a way to fullscreen the content once it is running?
Press F11 - for full screen

+ The cyoa top menu should be hidden before playing (X button in top right corner)
fragrantEmulsion
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by fragrantEmulsion »

Pseudonym wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:15 pm I don't want them to see a wall of text and say to themselves: "Nah, I'm not reading a novel before I can download some game."
When I was a kid, we read the whole manual before the game was even finished installing.
zou2oury
Explorer
Explorer

Post by zou2oury »

can someone share a template of 30 min before downloading the whole 10 GB ??
AlchemyX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by AlchemyX »

Pseudonym wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:45 am

I want to try it so bad.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the tip! I got it to work as well with the arrow trick.The game did the trick too!

2 questions and a suggestion... the videos are supposed to randomize on additional play, Yes? I got the exact same set of rounds my second time even after rescanning. This makes the "cooldown" a problem I couldn't test to see if this was a glitch or a misunderstanding on my part.

Anyone know how to make it full screen on a mac? F11 mutes a mac.

Suggestion... Why not an options for all hardcore content? There is one for softcore.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by doremi »

Pseudonym wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:15 pm I agree I should probably explain more, but I'm not sure how much info about the game I should dump on people in the first post. I don't want them to see a wall of text and say to themselves: "Nah, I'm not reading a novel before I can download some game." :D
Spoiler: show
Well, you can use a spoiler to hide whatever you want. :lol: Those interested will open it, as well as those who can't help but click on spoilers just out of compulsive curiosity. :-D
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

AlchemyX wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:17 am 2 questions and a suggestion... the videos are supposed to randomize on additional play, Yes? I got the exact same set of rounds my second time even after rescanning. This makes the "cooldown" a problem I couldn't test to see if this was a glitch or a misunderstanding on my part.
Exact same set of rounds in two subsequent replays? I'm filtering out rounds seen in previous session, so that should be impossible unless the browser local storage gets deleted, or if you use different browser.

But even then, getting the exact same rounds in the same order sounds extremely improbable.

AlchemyX wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:17 am Anyone know how to make it full screen on a mac? F11 mutes a mac.
Google suggests couple of things, but I don't own mac to test it. Try it out and let me know what works and I'll add it to the first post.

AlchemyX wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:17 am Suggestion... Why not an options for all hardcore content? There is one for softcore.
Yes, I plan to have that feature in the game eventually, but I need to have more HC rounds before implementing it so it doesn't break the game. Before each play, the previously seen rounds are filtered out. With combination of 30 minutes option, there might not be enough rounds to fill your second session.
AlchemyX
Explorer
Explorer

Post by AlchemyX »

Pseudonym wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:39 am
AlchemyX wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:17 am 2 questions and a suggestion... the videos are supposed to randomize on additional play, Yes? I got the exact same set of rounds my second time even after rescanning. This makes the "cooldown" a problem I couldn't test to see if this was a glitch or a misunderstanding on my part.
Exact same set of rounds in two subsequent replays? I'm filtering out rounds seen in previous session, so that should be impossible unless the browser local storage gets deleted, or if you use different browser.

But even then, getting the exact same rounds in the same order sounds extremely improbable.

AlchemyX wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:17 am Anyone know how to make it full screen on a mac? F11 mutes a mac.
Google suggests couple of things, but I don't own mac to test it. Try it out and let me know what works and I'll add it to the first post.

AlchemyX wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:17 am Suggestion... Why not an options for all hardcore content? There is one for softcore.
Yes, I plan to have that feature in the game eventually, but I need to have more HC rounds before implementing it so it doesn't break the game. Before each play, the previously seen rounds are filtered out. With combination of 30 minutes option, there might not be enough rounds to fill your second session.
Thanks for bing so responsive!

This is such a cool game play idea! While I think there may still be some bugs to sort out its really fun.

I know this sounds weird but I got a different intro followed by the same 3 rounds I played the night before. Taunts were different. I figured that was weird so I stopped play to see if I could sort it out and was blocked by the "cooldown." I reinstalled the game so I play again soon but may get the same rounds on the first play through and I'll see if it repeats again on the second.

For mac users on Chrome all you have to do to enter full screen is go to View >> Uncheck "Always show bookmarks bar" and uncheck "Always show tool bar in fullscreen." Then activate the green full screen button in the top left of chrome.

Another idea for patreon user would be to be able to deactivate the "cooldown." Just a thought. I be joining with patreon as soon as I can confirm I can get different rounds on each play through.

Finally what is the function of the "rescan" button?
Tracy Lee
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tracy Lee »

Finally, this version can play normally,but I don't know why I click to start the game, there are only three difficulty options, and the others are gray. By the way, is there any way to skip the cooldown time ?
Tracy Lee
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tracy Lee »

Tracy Lee wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:06 pm Finally, this version can play normally,but I don't know why I click to start the game, there are only three difficulty options, and the others are gray. By the way, is there any way to skip the cooldown time ?
The problem has been solved. Thanks @Pseudonym for your answer in discord :-)