[ARCHIVE][Alpha] Dev Talk

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

basim
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [ARCHIVE][Alpha] Dev Talk

Post by basim »

avatarbr wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:54 pm I just made a quick test, the repeating pain dialogues are gone, at least I did not get anymore.

When I have time, I will restart from zero to see how works.
Ok, great. Thanks!

I also have a new version. If there is no big bug in it, this might be the next release version. :-)

https://mega.nz/file/Y9hERaRa#KC2MMP-nP ... kW2hVwefTk

A new code is also available - unlockEdit - more on that below.

unlockSession - Will unlock the session mode after it became locked (When you completed a run)

noIntro - Will skip the intro and leads directly to the session mode. (Please only take this route when you start fresh. Otherwise you might skrew your progress). This also is not tested in full depth. The basic variables will all be set. But I might have forgotten some things. There is a possibiliy that you are unable to experience every bit of Archive. So consider this only as a testing environment for now.

unlockEdit - This enables the Edit button in the main menu. From now on a fresh version of archive can only be edited once you started the story at least one time and completed the greetings part. For all of you who are playing with an old savegame, the edit mode is now locked. You have to manually unlock it with the code.
> Join ARCHIVE on Discord <
theredreaper
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): I am currently owned.

Post by theredreaper »

I think that there is a lot of potential in this software for some really cool content to be created, so I have started trying to figure it out. However, there are some things that are either not explained by the tutorial, or not working, or both.

For example, when starting a new story, I want to load in some images from a folder on my computer somewhere. So first, I tried creating a new Folder variable, but there is no way that I can see to assign any sort of a value to it, in order to tell it what folder to load. I tried creating an Edit Variable node and hooking that up to it, but that doesn't seem to accomplish what I need either. If I create a Dialog node and then click the button to add an image, when I click the Folder drop down, nothing happens, I'm not able to select a folder to load the image from. I can't find anything in the tutorials that addresses this, and none of the tooltips in the interface seem to explain exactly how to do this either. Have I overlooked something or is this functionality just broken?

I have a job that requires me to write significant amounts of code from time to time, so I'm fairly confident in my abilities that way. Is there a way to just write the story module with traditional programming methods somehow and just load the directory containing the story and all of its associated assets into the application? I can see the attraction of developing a gui for non-coder type users to have a way to create content that's more accessible and to that end, I think you have really solid ideas and overall it is very well done. However, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would prefer to develop something in a regular code editor. I can type things a lot faster than I can click and drag around a bunch of boxes and navigate through drop down menus, etc.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

theredreaper wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:02 pm I think that there is a lot of potential in this software for some really cool content to be created, so I have started trying to figure it out. However, there are some th..
Hi theredreaper,

I'm happy to read your lines, thanks. And I'm even more happy that someone likes to start his own project in Archive. :-)
You are the first one who tells me that he tries to. So it's very interessting for me to read about that process. I'm curious on how you approach Archive as a software and it's functions. How do you understand them.

To be honest, I wrote the tutorials right in the beginning. I have looked them up in the past, but maybe some details changed and I forgot to update them. The same goes for the tooltips. I will check both again. And by reading your lines I might have to add more explanations.

By now I think the most important thing missing is a discription of the "structure". It's somewhat hard to explain... I'm struggeling right in the this moment :) ... so .. First of all, what you are about to do is creating a new story or let's say game. And when you do complete this "game" and are about to ship it you must send the user / player all the data necessary to play the game. Hence this every piece of media you want to code into your game / story must be in the directory of your new story.

Right when you create a new story in Archive a corresponding folder is created in Archives "Storys" directory. In that you will find a system directory. For example: \Storys\Archive\System ... everything that you do copy info this folder will be loaded into your story and is then accessible as media. You can also create subfolders for more organization. Maybe have a look into Archives system folder..

The second part to realize is, there are two stages .. levels ... conditions ... call it what you what. However, the one is your story, while you are writing. And the other is your story while someone plays it. For example you do create a number variable with the value of 5. And you continue to use this variable. Let assume, later on in your story you add 3 to the variable. So you know at this point in the story the value will be 8. But all of this will only happend at runtime. When the player plays the story. Only at runtime this varaible goes live with value of 5 and later will be added by 3.
And that's the same for variable file & folder. These both variable types are for the player to be filled. (Ok, you can fill them also in the stage, but I would not do that. I even think about denying it by code, hence this is a security issue.)
Variable Folder for example is the variable on which Archive stores the mediagroup informations. When she is asking you for a folder or website in the intro, that exactly when I did use the folder varaible.

I imagine that writing a story in Archive is not that super straight forward in the first moment, but as soon as this two ideas get into your mind it should start to become easy.

If you like to, please keep me updated on this. I'd like to help out. And having feedback on the process of getting into writing in Archive is very helpfull to me! ;-)

Ok, on to your second big question..
I have to think about that. Right now I would say no. It's not that it would be impossible to ex- or import data. This is instead the other way around. I already implemented such a function. As this is part of a coming feature. No, right now I assume that the structur behind it is to complex / not opitmized for this... I mean really... it is very complex.

Writing a documentation and on the other end learn it would be a task. And even if both would happen, the "code driven writing" of a story would be very unfulfilling. Like creating a dialog is now a few clicks and then writing a sentence. By code it would be a sentence and around 10-30 additional values / fields you had to define.

Or another example: the routing between nodes & chapters is all guid driven. Sure you could name them yourself, but if you look into more complex chapters you would go insane by wiring them up just by code. But hey, that's my opinion. I'm a very visual person and every one of us works in a different way.

For now I can only say that I got your point and I will consider it. But I also would like encourage you to take some more time to get into the visual driven approach. Once you know the usage you'll get quite fast and might enjoy the visual overview. :-)

Have a good day,
basim
theredreaper
Explorer
Explorer

Post by theredreaper »

And when you do complete this "game" and are about to ship it you must send the user / player all the data necessary to play the game. Hence this every piece of media you want to code into your game / story must be in the directory of your new story.

Right when you create a new story in Archive a corresponding folder is created in Archives "Storys" directory. In that you will find a system directory. For example: \Storys\Archive\System ... everything that you do copy info this folder will be loaded into your story and is then accessible as media. You can also create subfolders for more organization. Maybe have a look into Archives system folder..
If I'm following you correctly, I must then create a folder within the Story folder itself if I want it to be available within the GUI to be accessed through a variable, and the same with any media. So it's impossible to point the folder variable to a folder located elsewhere on the system. If I'm following you correctly, I guess that makes sense, and I can understand the reasons you wouldn't want it to work that way. I guess maybe I should have thought of that, but I'm a developer. I wouldn't say the same is true of the average user, so this is probably something you want to explain quite well in your tutorial.

EDIT: Okay, future me here, back to revisit this. I finally figured out that I need to have the folder I want to access media from in the "System" folder, and not in the "Media" folder. I know this is what you said in the quoted section above, but the first time I set up a folder in the System folder, the program didn't detect it, because I alt+tabbed out to move some stuff in there. Only after I backed out to go and look at how you set it up in the included stories did I catch the program parsing my directory, and then I understood how it worked. Constructive criticism: this is wholly un-intuitive. Can you call your folder parsing function when a user clicks the button to browse for a folder, so that the directory parsing happens closer to the point the user is going to look for it? This would likely eliminate some confusion, and have the added benefit of allowing a content creator to alt+tab out and make changes without needing to close out of their editing session and restart it simply so the program can reparse the folder. Also, if media doesn't go in the "Media" folder, what is the Media folder for? One further suggestion, the options to display a random image, or display images in descending order (not ascending?) I can see the use-cases for, but MostlyDescending seems unnecessary. Less random than random and less in order than descending... might as well just be random. Also, the tooltip for FromFolder mode is displayed regardless of what mode is selected above. And I would maybe rethink the way you're asking the user to position/scale the images. Scaling and placing the images through scaling the negative space is un-intuitive. I would have expected something more along the lines of setting the coordinate for the top left corner of the image, and then optionally choosing to scale it with perhaps a slider and a range from 1-200% or something like that. Probably the ideal solution is some kind of a drag'n'drop interface if you want to adhere to the GUI-driven principle. Asking the user to do their own arithmetic here and to manipulate the negative space rather than the image itself seems a strange way to handle this, and it raises questions like the following: What is the reference point for left margin if my image is say 450x900 in portrait mode and my resolution is 1920x1080? I'm sure we could agree a solution that eliminates such questions is going to feel a lot easier to the end-user.

Also: how does the AutoTimer thing work?
The second part to realize is, there are two stages .. levels ... conditions ... call it what you what. However, the one is your story, while you are writing. And the other is your story while someone plays it. For example you do create a number variable with the value of 5. And you continue to use this variable. Let assume, later on in your story you add 3 to the variable. So you know at this point in the story the value will be 8. But all of this will only happend at runtime. When the player plays the story. Only at runtime this varaible goes live with value of 5 and later will be added by 3.
And that's the same for variable file & folder. These both variable types are for the player to be filled. (Ok, you can fill them also in the stage, but I would not do that. I even think about denying it by code, hence this is a security issue.)
On this part, if I'm not misunderstanding you, then I think we're in disagreement. Let me see if I'm understanding correctly. I can set a value for any variable, as I would expect, but are you saying that when the user encounters that variable at run-time they can choose to reset it? And you feel that the author of the "story" pre-setting the variable values is a bad idea? Maybe I've misinterpreted you, but any time we're designing content to be consumed by the user, I would take the opposite position and say that it's a bad idea to expose the nuts and bolts in user space, as we shouldn't assume that the average user is as technically inclined as the average content creator, programmer, story writer, whatever you want to call it. I think for the most part, a user just wants to consume content without having to think too much about it. Also, it would seem to quash the ability to write my dialog in such a way that it seems "aware" of the picture being displayed, in the case that I wanted to distribute the story along with accompanying media that it is designed to work with. If the user then points the script at a different folder without knowing why they're being prompted to change it, I would think that at a minimum they would run into confusing dialog if not error messages.
Ok, on to your second big question..
I have to think about that. Right now I would say no. It's not that it would be impossible to ex- or import data. This is instead the other way around. I already implemented such a function. As this is part of a coming feature. No, right now I assume that the structur behind it is to complex / not opitmized for this... I mean really... it is very complex.
Ok, I think I take your point. I was running under the assumption that you had approached this by simply linking gui elements to method or function calls, and thus, if one simply had even rudimentary documentation of the names of the functions or methods along with their accepted parameters, then understanding what they do should be fairly self-evident as one node in the gui would execute exactly one function or method in the code and the functions themselves wouldn't have a need for more than maybe one or two parameters, because that's all that's available in the gui itself. But if this is not the design, I couldn't imagine how it must be working behind the scenes, so I will take your word for it that it's too complex to implement.
Or another example: the routing between nodes & chapters is all guid driven. Sure you could name them yourself, but if you look into more complex chapters you would go insane by wiring them up just by code. But hey, that's my opinion. I'm a very visual person and every one of us works in a different way.
I think the insanity you're referring to is an artifact of the GUI creating a program flow that is highly procedural in nature, versus being a more event-driven or object oriented design. I don't disagree with this design choice, though, as a procedural flow is going to be much simpler for someone who doesn't have a background in programming to digest and learn to do in a short amount of time. Event driven wouldn't make a whole lot of sense in this format, and while an object oriented design would be overall more robust and more flexible, it would be quite difficult if not impossible to represent and explain in a graphical way. Overall, I think you've done a really nice job of creating something that has the potential to be fairly intuitive for anyone who's inclined to put the time into creating something, but as both an interested user and a fellow developer, I would give you this advice: great documentation/tutorial mode is going to be the difference between success and failure. The easier it is to understand and utilize the content creation system, the more people will be inclined to use it, and eventually, you're bound to see some really good content come out of it, and it's that user-created content that is going to drive the user experience for the vast majority of the userbase who are going to be more interested in consuming content than creating it. Those content creators are all worth twice their weight in gold, do everything you can to empower them!

Now that I think I understand why I couldn't get things to work the way I expected, I'm going to take another shot at producing some content of my own, and I will be sure to report back on my experience. Thanks for taking the time to engage with my questions!
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

theredreaper wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 pm If I'm following you correctly, I must then create a folder within the Story folder itself if I want it to be available within the GUI to be accessed through a variable, and the same with any media. So it's impossible to point the folder variable to a folder located elsewhere on the system. If I'm following you correctly, I guess that makes sense, and I can understand the reasons you wouldn't want it to work that way. I guess maybe I should have thought of that, but I'm a developer. I wouldn't say the same is true of the average user, so this is probably something you want to explain quite well in your tutorial.

EDIT: Okay, future me here, back to revisit this. I finally figured out that I need to have the folder I want to access media from in the "System" folder, and not in the "Media" folder. I know this is what you said in the quoted section above, but the first time I set up a folder in the System folder, the program didn't detect it, because I alt+tabbed out to move some stuff in there. Only after I backed out to go and look at how you set it up in the included stories did I catch the program parsing my directory, and then I understood how it worked.
I assume you know the trick now. ;-) But just to be save..
When a story is created ingame a corresponding folder of the same name is created in the "story" directory. In that you'll find some other necessary files and some folders.

- The "media" folder might be in a bad spot or has a bad name. Because this folder is the place where Archive stores media them self when downloading media from blogs is enabled.

- Everything in the "system" folder will be show in the media dialog dropdown when choosing "Selected" or "FromFolder"

After revisiting this dialog UI and the tooltip I must agree. I'll have to be more specific in the discription. Also I have to read the tutorial on this again. And I agree with your critic of the media list not being updated while ingame / on stage and writing. Somehow this is funny. All the time I used Archive now myself I never thought about it.
As always, I have to think about it and look into the code. Archive does not simply show the systems folder directory structure. When loading the directory info she compares it to the last know state. If a filename changed or a file got moved she can recognize it and updates the internal media info. She does this so the linking between the image and all the dialogs where the image shall be shown is not broken. So, this parsing needs to happen every time the dropdown on the dialog UI gets called (What you suggested). That's the same process you can notice when selecting the story in the main menu. There it takes about 2-3 seconds. But I'm not sure if it really needs so long or it's just the waiting for the popup to be finished..
theredreaper wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 pm And I would maybe rethink the way you're asking the user to position/scale the images. Scaling and placing the images through scaling the negative space is un-intuitive. I would have expected something more along the lines of setting the coordinate for the top left corner of the image, and then optionally choosing to scale it with perhaps a slider and a range from 1-200% or something like that. Probably the ideal solution is some kind of a drag'n'drop interface if you want to adhere to the GUI-driven principle. Asking the user to do their own arithmetic here and to manipulate the negative space rather than the image itself seems a strange way to handle this, and it raises questions like the following: What is the reference point for left margin if my image is say 450x900 in portrait mode and my resolution is 1920x1080? I'm sure we could agree a solution that eliminates such questions is going to feel a lot easier to the end-user.
In the beginning Archive just showed a picture fullscreen whis In-Screen-Dimensions and fixed ratio. Later on I came up with the idea of being able to scale it a bit down. To have a frame / margin. For what I intended I was happy with this. Of course you are right. As soon as you want to create more complex "scenes" the handling and possibilities are very limited. Yet, I haven't spend much more time while think about the positioning of images. Not at least because everything else would be a little nightmare to code. Just imagine you have set up everything right. Position and scaling of your images is perfect. But then there is a user with a 16x10 or even 2:1 screen ration. To cover all this contingencies is a task.
But this is on my list. Somehow. Not sure how deep I want to go on this. Not high prio. But it is. I also want buttons being able to be placed over certain areas.
theredreaper wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 pm Also: how does the AutoTimer thing work?
Some milliseconds per word.
theredreaper wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 pm On this part, if I'm not misunderstanding you, then I think we're in disagreement. Let me see if I'm understanding correctly. I can set a value for any variable, as I would expect, but are you saying that when the user encounters that variable at run-time they can choose to reset it? And you feel that the author of the "story" pre-setting the variable values is a bad idea? Maybe I've misinterpreted you, but any time we're designing content to be consumed by the user, I would take the opposite position and say that it's a bad idea to expose the nuts and bolts in user space, as we shouldn't assume that the average user is as technically inclined as the average content creator, programmer, story writer, whatever you want to call it. I think for the most part, a user just wants to consume content without having to think too much about it. Also, it would seem to quash the ability to write my dialog in such a way that it seems "aware" of the picture being displayed, in the case that I wanted to distribute the story along with accompanying media that it is designed to work with. If the user then points the script at a different folder without knowing why they're being prompted to change it, I would think that at a minimum they would run into confusing dialog if not error messages.
You did get me wrong.. ;-) But it was my mistake.

For the majority of variables you can decide if you or the user sets the value. Usally it's you and the user is not able to change the value. But in any case you want the user to type in something you just have the check "Userinput".
My example was bad, because I'd wanted to clarify that this doesn't apply to variableFile & variableFolder. It makes no sense when you do fill in the values. Because every media you want to show should be stored in the system folder and then is accessible via the dialog UI. VariableFile & Folder do only make sense if you want the user to bring in a image or whole folder.
theredreaper wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 pm Ok, I think I take your point. I was running under the assumption that you had approached this by simply linking gui elements to method or function calls, and thus, if one simply had even rudimentary documentation of the names of the functions or methods along with their accepted parameters, then understanding what they do should be fairly self-evident as one node in the gui would execute exactly one function or method in the code and the functions themselves wouldn't have a need for more than maybe one or two parameters, because that's all that's available in the gui itself. But if this is not the design, I couldn't imagine how it must be working behind the scenes, so I will take your word for it that it's too complex to implement.
I'm not a professional developer. A professional developer might facepalm him self when looking at my code. I don't know. :blush:
I would say most of my code is oop and you could write let's say an xml style file with paramters. By now it's even coded to fill undefined parameters with default values. But it gets tricky in the details. For example assume you want to write a dialog and then link an image to this page. You have to know the guid of that image.

Anyhow, we have talked about that. I'll keep that in mind. Maybe it's easier than I do expect.

More important is that I absolutely agree with your advice. The way to success will be an easy and nice UX. A great documentation and tutorials. And an growing amount of content. Which leeds to the content creators and their happieness with the editor side of the software. I have big plans for this. Time will tell..

This was alot of quality feedback. And you info does help a lot to polish the editor side. Thank you, again. :-)

basim
theredreaper
Explorer
Explorer

Post by theredreaper »

After revisiting this dialog UI and the tooltip I must agree. I'll have to be more specific in the discription. Also I have to read the tutorial on this again. And I agree with your critic of the media list not being updated while ingame / on stage and writing. Somehow this is funny. All the time I used Archive now myself I never thought about it.
As always, I have to think about it and look into the code. Archive does not simply show the systems folder directory structure. When loading the directory info she compares it to the last know state. If a filename changed or a file got moved she can recognize it and updates the internal media info. She does this so the linking between the image and all the dialogs where the image shall be shown is not broken. So, this parsing needs to happen every time the dropdown on the dialog UI gets called (What you suggested). That's the same process you can notice when selecting the story in the main menu. There it takes about 2-3 seconds. But I'm not sure if it really needs so long or it's just the waiting for the popup to be finished..
I was actually going to suggest that if you move the parsing operation onto the browse folder button, you just have it parse the currently selected folder, rather than the entire system directory. I was going to mention that the wait time involved when parsing the folder is already kind of annoying and I can only imagine how much worse it would get if I was to add multiple levels of sub-folders and more images. Not everyone is going to do that, but limiting the parsing to just what is currently relevant keeps this action performant for everyone regardless of how much media they include. Reducing it to parsing a single folder at a time means you can just stash the directory contents in memory temporarily and allow it to be garbage collected once you're done with it, rather than saving the state in more long term memory, which increases the resource load of the program on the user's system.
In the beginning Archive just showed a picture fullscreen whis In-Screen-Dimensions and fixed ratio. Later on I came up with the idea of being able to scale it a bit down. To have a frame / margin. For what I intended I was happy with this. Of course you are right. As soon as you want to create more complex "scenes" the handling and possibilities are very limited. Yet, I haven't spend much more time while think about the positioning of images. Not at least because everything else would be a little nightmare to code. Just imagine you have set up everything right. Position and scaling of your images is perfect. But then there is a user with a 16x10 or even 2:1 screen ration. To cover all this contingencies is a task.
But this is on my list. Somehow. Not sure how deep I want to go on this. Not high prio. But it is. I also want buttons being able to be placed over certain areas.
The simple solution to this is responsive design. Instead of dividing the screen up by pixels, do it by percentage. So I can set the top left corner of my image to be 40% along the x and 10% along the y, or whatever I choose. And then scale my image to be 50% of screen height, and simply include the logic within your rendering process to preserve the aspect ratio of the user's image, based on whether they've selected to scale it according to screen height or screen width. The result is, you'll render pretty much what the user had in mind regardless of resolution or aspect ratio.
For the majority of variables you can decide if you or the user sets the value. Usally it's you and the user is not able to change the value. But in any case you want the user to type in something you just have the check "Userinput".
My example was bad, because I'd wanted to clarify that this doesn't apply to variableFile & variableFolder. It makes no sense when you do fill in the values. Because every media you want to show should be stored in the system folder and then is accessible via the dialog UI. VariableFile & Folder do only make sense if you want the user to bring in a image or whole folder.
I'll have to go back and double check, I was running into some frustration with this, because I was trying to create a variable of some type and I couldn't find a way to set it to the value I wanted to set it to. User input was checked and grayed out so I couldn't uncheck it. I don't remember what I was trying to do at the time, but I do remember thinking that it was something that didn't make very much sense to be set based on user input.
I'm not a professional developer. A professional developer might facepalm him self when looking at my code. I don't know. :blush:
If the way I lined it out isn't the way it's working, I might strongly consider a redesign. It'll be much easier to do it now than many versions down the road. A simple relationship between a node on the GUI and its underlying function or method is going to be the cleanest way to handle this, and make dealing with future feature requests from users much more streamlined. Take it from a... let's say semi-professional developer. I do more consulting than actual developing these days, so I'm usually looking at code that someone else has already written and trying to help improve it. By the way, what is this developed in?
More important is that I absolutely agree with your advice. The way to success will be an easy and nice UX. A great documentation and tutorials. And an growing amount of content. Which leeds to the content creators and their happieness with the editor side of the software. I have big plans for this. Time will tell..

This was alot of quality feedback. And you info does help a lot to polish the editor side. Thank you, again. :-)
You're quite welcome. I really think you have the framework for something great here and I really want to see it succeed.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Just to keep everyone updated.. theredreaper and I continued this dialog on discord. If you like to follow along feel free to join. Link is in my footer. ;-)
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

There is a new version of Archive v0.2.030 to be tested. It's more of a content creator update and some things in general changed. No new story parts. But even if you are not a creator and just want to play whis Archive it would be nice to know if you experience any bugs..

mega.nz
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Hello hello,
it's time for a new version. Some small adjustments here & there have been made. Also some fixes, as well as some minor new functions (you can set an alternate position for the dialog box buttons. You'll see a small icon in the text box when buttons are available.)

Apart from that I did write a couple of new storys parts. And in addition to that I figured out that two larger story branches (which were allready written all the time) were actually not accessible. 😏

Have fun and a nice weekend!
basim

*Edit
Use offical link in the first post.
Last edited by basim on Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by avatarbr »

basim wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:51 am Hello hello,
it's time for a new version. Some small adjustments here & there have been made. Also some fixes, as well as some minor new functions (you can set an alternate position for the dialog box buttons. You'll see a small icon in the text box when buttons are available.)

Apart from that I did write a couple of new storys parts. And in addition to that I figured out that two larger story branches (which were allready written all the time) were actually not accessible. 😏

Have fun and a nice weekend!
basim

https://mega.nz/file/IkYADRhZ#lR_RdMjYm ... sumE7teSPc
Hey, I just tested a little. Looks good. No error or bugs.

Looks like some conversations trigger faster now, not sure if was something already in my save file or it's new.

I like how slowly she will learning more about kinks, but sometimes looks too slow. Not sure how to express that contradiction :lol:
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:09 am Hey, I just tested a little. Looks good. No error or bugs.

Looks like some conversations trigger faster now, not sure if was something already in my save file or it's new.

I like how slowly she will learning more about kinks, but sometimes looks too slow. Not sure how to express that contradiction :lol:
Hi avatarbr,

thank you for again checking out the version. I'm glad to hear that you haven't experience any bugs so far. Releasing a new version still feels like spinning a wheel and hope for the best.. :rolleyes:

But can you explain the "to slow" progress a bit more? I'm curious. As I'm testing the story over and over I lost the ability to experience what it feels like playing with her.
Do you think that she is still a bit to naive / greenhorn after discovering kink after kink?
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by avatarbr »

basim wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:24 am
Hi avatarbr,

thank you for again checking out the version. I'm glad to hear that you haven't experience any bugs so far. Releasing a new version still feels like spinning a wheel and hope for the best.. :rolleyes:

But can you explain the "to slow" progress a bit more? I'm curious. As I'm testing the story over and over I lost the ability to experience what it feels like playing with her.
Do you think that she is still a bit to naive / greenhorn after discovering kink after kink?
So, it's hard to explain, since is more like a feel.

I think my main problem is with the "core" of the session, the tagging images. It´s exciting when she start a topic about a new kink, but that not affect the session too much. Maybe changing the 'reactions' from a specific kink after you said you liked that one?

Ex: Let's say she already know you like CBT. When you tag a new image as CBT, she could say "I would love to spank your balls like that too'. Or maybe she tells you to stroke faster when you tag something she already know you liked.

I know is still in development, but small variations in the 'core' would be nice. I think people will get bored to tag images all the time. Using what she already know aboutyou to make small changes would be nice.

There is one variation with pics you already tagged and she ask for another tag.I would mix both, and use the tagged images to tease the player, and let an option to add another tag.

Anyway, I am bad in explain that :lol:

PS: Not sure if it's intended, but she played 3 videos in a row.
megame
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by megame »

First of all, basim, what a great job! You've created a clever and sweet devil who I can't get anough off :-D So congrats and thanks a lot for all your work.
In Versions .028 and .034 she keeps introducing me to edging, though. This sometimes happens up to three times per session. Technically I don't mind much - but it kinda counteracts the otherwise great immersion of it all. I mean, did she forget all those times she had me edge before :\'-( She said she enjoyed them. :weep:
Would you have any idea why that is or even how to fix it?
Thanks again for doing this great thing. Keep being awesome.
I'm a strip strip strip and a flicker flicker flicker flick flick flick of celluloid and there's holes holes holes in my everything.
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:30 pm So, it's hard to explain, since is more like a feel.

I think my main problem is with the "core" of the session, the tagging images. It´s exciting when she start a topic about a new kink, but that not affect the session too much. Maybe chang...
No, your explanation was good and helpfull. Thanks for that insight. I think I got your point. And it's somewhat what I had in mind when replying to your last post. Even more it was good to read it seen by your perspective.

First of all I agree, the image tagging feels like a core mechaninc and appears very often. I don't like that. But in the beginning it is necessary and does make sense. But as you progress it should shift more to the background or should disappear for some time. Your idea of (more) variation in the process of tagging is also a great one.

On the other hand, it is "the core" aka "basic session" what Archive runs at the moment. It's like gathering all necessary information for further actions. But this actions are not written yet. And by actions I mean pathes you can follow along. Like sessions that are focus around a specific kink. (I'm a little short on that to not spoil too much ;-) ) And that's excatly where I'm at. I just started laying out theese pathes as by now enough of the "information gathering" is possible.

And yesno.. :lol: ...3 videos in a row is possible. But now you mentioned it, I should stop that from happening. ;-)
megame wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:50 pm First of all, basim, what a great job! You've created a clever and sweet devil who I can't get anough off :-D So congrats and thanks a lot for all your work.
In Versions .028 and .034 she keeps intro..
Hi megame,

thanks for the kind words. I'm happy that you do enjoy spending time with Archive... although you had to run through the edging three times. :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, you are talking about the edge introduction where she ask's you if you like that? If yes, than it's a bug. Of course this should only trigger once. I'll have to look into it and figure out what went wrong. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks to both of you for feedbacks,
basim
basim
Explorer
Explorer

Post by basim »

Ok, I found the problem. And I'm actually very suprised that no one had mentioned it before. I was so surpised that I took a look at older versions.. and .. yes it was in there all the time.

I think the easiest way for you to get around it is when I send you the updated story file. You'll get a pm.