[GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: [GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Post by PlayfulGuy »

whdmusic wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:50 pm Despite your excellent answer about GuideMe and javascript description viewtopic.php?p=349324#p349324, I programmed the Teasefight Invitational Cup with EOS as an online Tease instead of offline for GuideMe. I hoped, that I could get both by using your download tool. And with EOS, there's a larger audience to give feedback and further ideas which helps to bring the tease forward.

Unfortunately, this didn't go well. I cannot download my own tease. https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=69023
So, I got your tease downloaded and spent a couple hours on it. As I expected there were several spots where the downloader broke javascript code when trying to convert it for GuideMe. I've attached a working copy of the xml file. Milovana doesn't allow xml attachements so just remove the ".zip" extension from the end. You may also need to update the MediaDirectory value if you used a different filename for your download.

I added notes at the beginning of the file describing what I found and how I fixed it. I'll summarize here, since others may find the information useful also, but there are more details in the attachment.

I can't guarantee that everything is working properly, but what I tested seemed to be working okay.

What I found
  • The tease "init" code defined an object called game that included several properties and methods. GuideMe does not handle saving and restoring objects with methods (maybe the current version is better), but it turns out that the object was only used for it's random() function and none of the other properties or methods were referenced anywhere.

I added function getRandom() based on the game.random() function and then replaced all calls to game.random() with calls to getRandom()
  • The downloader corrupted a couple variable definitions in the init module.
    The original lines were

Code: Select all

var fighterload = "girlone,girltwo";
              var teaseload = "2fighttime,2fightspeed,2fightpattern";

but the downloader screwed them up. I fixed those in this file but don't have time to figure out what happened and fix the downloader right now.
  • The downloader also broke several functions.
    Several functions accept a "girllist" parameter, like getgirl(girllist) for example.
    The downloader added a getVariable() statement to the function that ended up redefining the passed list and broke the code. I commented out the extra statement and that resolved the issue.
  • You should also check setting of "ForceStartPage". Maybe it should be false so you can close the tease and open it again later and continue from where you left off?
  • In function initializeScriptvars() maybe set initialize_on_every_load to false? Probably some stuff should be reset every time, but others maybe should not. I added a couple comments in that function to show how you can manage a mix of stuff that needs to be reset everytime and stuff that does not.
  • The init code defines many variables that are never actually used, like starttime, endtime, lengthmin and lengthmax for example. I assume the code was just copied from somewhere else and not cleaned up, so no big deal. There are too many so I didn't check them all, but leaving them won't hurt anything
I'll leave it to you for now, but please test it. Like I said, I can't guarantee that everything is working properly yet.

Feel free to ask questions here or in a PM if you run into further issues, but be patient. I try to check in here regularly, but sometimes I'm more regular than others :-)

Good luck!

PG
Attachments
Teasefight Invitational Cup [1.1].xml.zip
(289.12 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
whdmusic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by whdmusic »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:09 pm
What I found
  • The tease "init" .....
  • The downloader corrupted a couple variable definitions in the init module....
  • The downloader also broke several functions....
  • You should also check setting of "ForceStartPage".....
  • In function initializeScriptvars() maybe set ....
  • The init code defines many variables that are never actually used, like starttime, endtime, lengthmin and lengthmax for example. I assume the code was just copied from somewhere else and not cleaned up, so no big deal. There are too many so I didn't check them all, but leaving them won't hurt anything
I'll leave it to you for now, but please test it. Like I said, I can't guarantee that everything is working properly yet.

Good luck!
PG
Wow, PlayfulGuy. You went all through. :strongbench: Thank you very much. It is working properly. :thumbsup:
And you found out about every not cleaned dead code, which I startet with to implement something later or just took as starting code, as you guessed exactly right.
But with the downloaded and working tease, I am thinking over the issue, whether speed is good enough or not. My tease is written in a manner, which obviously makes it hard for the tease downloader. It is running now, but the delays seem to be a problem, since the fight system is very time sensitiv. EOS cannot handle indirect picture pointers and I used a nested workaround. XML could do it easily and hence, the nested EOS workaround makes the XML slower than it has to be.

As I said, I am gonna sleep over it. I made some improvements on the online tease as well and I have to decide, whether I want to clean all the stuff on the newer version, as you have done on version 1.1 or if I even want to write the tease as an offline tease. With all the thoughts while writing for EOS, it might be not so hard anymore to translate it to XML. Maybe I will also try this challenge.
What's hindering? My programming experience is very old (assembler, Pascal :blush: ) and little as well.
No knowledge of Java, HTML, XML and all the new stuff. :no:
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeleniumBurger »

I posted a few months back asking about being able to get descriptions and tags into the offline teases and displayed in GuideMe. As this wasn't something trivial that could just be added, I had a play with it myself, with the goal of creating a library of tease tags I could search offline.

Things went better than expected, and I was able to write a python script to scrape descriptions and tags from Milovana, then create new library txt files with more information. GuideMe appears to be limited to two lines of information, and only the first line wraps so I formatted the info within those constraints and updated the library. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get it all working with relatively little trouble. I've attached a screenshot of the result. If anyone is interested in getting hold of the code I used feel free to pm me - I'm not an experienced coder so it's probably terrible code, but it worked for me.
Attachments
GuideMeLibrary.png
GuideMeLibrary.png (721.57 KiB) Viewed 515 times
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

SeleniumBurger wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:15 pm I posted a few months back asking about being able to get descriptions and tags into the offline teases and displayed in GuideMe. As this wasn't something trivial that could just be added, I had a play with it myself, with the goal of creating a library of tease tags I could search offline.

Things went better than expected, and I was able to write a python script to scrape descriptions and tags from Milovana, then create new library txt files with more information. GuideMe appears to be limited to two lines of information, and only the first line wraps so I formatted the info within those constraints and updated the library. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get it all working with relatively little trouble. I've attached a screenshot of the result. If anyone is interested in getting hold of the code I used feel free to pm me - I'm not an experienced coder so it's probably terrible code, but it worked for me.
That's very impressive!

Please send me a copy of your code so I can look it over and see what might be involved in adding this ability to the downloader.
The downloader is also written in python, and now that you've worked out the how of it, it might not be too difficult to incorporate it as an additional option in the downloader.

And a sample of one of your updated library text files would be good too.

Or maybe yours is a good standalone tool to complement GuideMe and the downloader...

Thanks,

PG
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeleniumBurger »

I’m away from my laptop at the minute but I will definitely send it over! I set it up to update all teases, so probably not directly applicable to the downloader as-is, but I will see if I can figure out a way to look up the details for an individual tease. Hopefully between us we can figure something out!
vvvxxx115
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by vvvxxx115 »

Good afternoon! Maybe someone knows if it is possible to view the teasers downloaded using Maildownloader_0.97 on an iPhone?
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

vvvxxx115 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am Good afternoon! Maybe someone knows if it is possible to view the teasers downloaded using Maildownloader_0.97 on an iPhone?
No it's not. These are downloaded and converted for use in GuideMe, which is a Java application primarily released for Windows, although some have gotten it running on Linux in the past. But you can always use the browser on your iPhone and visit Milovana to do the teases online.

PG
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeleniumBurger »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 pm
Please send me a copy of your code so I can look it over and see what might be involved in adding this ability to the downloader.
The downloader is also written in python, and now that you've worked out the how of it, it might not be too difficult to incorporate it as an additional option in the downloader.
Just posting here in case it didn't send properly (message shows in 'outbox', but not in 'sent'), but I have sent you a PM. If you don't see it, let me know!
vvvxxx115
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by vvvxxx115 »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:02 pm
vvvxxx115 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am Good afternoon! Maybe someone knows if it is possible to view the teasers downloaded using Maildownloader_0.97 on an iPhone?
No it's not. These are downloaded and converted for use in GuideMe, which is a Java application primarily released for Windows, although some have gotten it running on Linux in the past. But you can always use the browser on your iPhone and visit Milovana to do the teases online.

PG
Thank you for the answer and for your work in general! There is also another question. For some reason, the pictures in the Guide me program turn out to be truncated, that is, I do not see the lower part of the picture. What settings can be used to fix this? And also, how can I translate text in a program? Which program is more convenient to do this? “thanks.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

vvvxxx115 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 am Thank you for the answer and for your work in general! There is also another question. For some reason, the pictures in the Guide me program turn out to be truncated, that is, I do not see the lower part of the picture. What settings can be used to fix this? And also, how can I translate text in a program? Which program is more convenient to do this? “thanks.
I've not encountered that issue with images being truncated. I'd suggest you check the image scaling settings in GuideMe's Application Preferences. Otherwise maybe post a screenshot, and the tease ID of the tease (or teases) you get this on so I can try and replicate it. In Guideme images are usually dynamically scaled to fit within the current window, and resize automatically if you resize the window, so that's a bit of a puzzle.

As for translating, I've only ever used Google translate so can't really comment beyond that. It would be a pain to try and translate an entire tease that way. Maybe ask that question in a new thread in this forum, or in the "All and Everything" forum.

PG