[GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: [GuideMe] Tease Downloader with EOS Support

Post by PlayfulGuy »

avatarbr wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:24 am
Sorry for not answer, I was doing other things and I forgot about that, since I thought was a limitation of the downloader.

The tease is The Curse Epilogue (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=51095).

I tested the online version, and sounds stop there (tease even have some lines saying 'did you hear, no beats = no stroke' and the sound is playing :lol: ). I tested converting to metronome (need to edit the file to locate the files (spoiler below), and same thing happened.
Spoiler: show
1ps.mp3=60
2ps.mp3=120
3ps.mp3=180
no-4.mp3=240
I had a look at this and it's not so much a limitation of the downloader, rather it's one of those areas where GuideMe and EOS just behave differently, and the downloader does the best it can under the circumstances.

Without going into detail on what is happening and why, in the XML file, on page RRCBT-1-Monday-complete you will find the following code

Code: Select all

{ action: 'globalButton', subAction: 'remove', id: 'c1' },
                { action: 'image', file: 'RR1 - used/1399604.jpg' },
                { action: 'say', text: "<p><span style=\"color: #f44336\"><strong>Mistress Yang</strong></span></p><p>&quot;Shh stop. Listen, I do not hear a beat....
Before the "say" action insert a sound.stop() action as shown here:

{ action: 'globalButton', subAction: 'remove', id: 'c1' },
                { action: 'image', file: 'RR1 - used/1399604.jpg' },
                { action: 'eval', statement: 'Sound.stop()' },
                { action: 'say', text: "<p><span style=\"color: #f44336\"><strong>Mistress Yang</strong></span></p><p>&quot;Shh stop. Listen, I do not hear a beat....
and it will behave as expected.

PG
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by avatarbr »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:21 pm

I had a look at this and it's not so much a limitation of the downloader, rather it's one of those areas where GuideMe and EOS just behave differently, and the downloader does the best it can under the circumstances.

Without going into detail on what is happening and why, in the XML file, on page RRCBT-1-Monday-complete you will find the following code

Before the "say" action insert a sound.stop() action as shown here:

and it will behave as expected.

PG
Thanks. I was thinking in manualy change, but I was not sure what to put and not mess with the code.

I will try that.
blah824389750732
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blah824389750732 »

Found a few more issues with this downloader:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=28453
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=6026
Issue: No author name/link, as such it fails to download even when "Add 'By <author name>' to file name..." is unchecked.
Error image link:
https://mega.nz/file/IIRHGQpB#kVOmIWEuG ... ddpPYLPF50
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

New version uploaded - 0.96d

I have uploaded version 0.96d that includes fixes for all the reported teases that were crashing the downloader along with some other minor changes. Links in the first post of this thread have been updated.

Please report any issues you find that haven't been reported yet, and always include a link or at least the name or ID number of the tease causing the issue.

It's been a busy'ish year with lots of different stuff happening. I've had limited energy for this project because I've been wrapped up in a couple other significant coding projects (also GuideMe related), not to mention spending too much time downloading and updating teases to play :-D. I'll have to post some of the ones I've updated soon.

I also just received a paid coding job that will be occupying me for a couple weeks at least. I will continue to post updates for "minor" bug fixes as they come in, and once I finish this other job I intend to get back to this project and start the next major update.

If you have downloaded and updated any teases that may be of interest to others please share.

Have fun!

PG
blah824389750732 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:59 pm Found a few more issues with this downloader:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=28453
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=6026
Issue: No author name/link, as such it fails to download even when "Add 'By <author name>' to file name..." is unchecked.
Error image link:
https://mega.nz/file/IIRHGQpB#kVOmIWEuG ... ddpPYLPF50
Kafel
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Kafel »

I've ran into a weird issue with the most recent version. When I run the executable I get the error "NameError: name 'page_name' is not defined.
Screenshot 2022-07-28 064728.png
Screenshot 2022-07-28 064728.png (19.2 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
I've tried running from source as well but it just crashes to desktop with no error. I'm not sure if it matters or not but I'm upgrading from 0.96a. Not into the same folder or anything but I didn't know if the application wrote to any folders outside the one it's downloaded in or if it uses registry entries.

Let me know if you need any other info. I'll try check back in on this thread as soon as I can.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Kafel wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:52 am I've ran into a weird issue with the most recent version. When I run the executable I get the error "NameError: name 'page_name' is not defined.

I've tried running from source as well but it just crashes to desktop with no error. I'm not sure if it matters or not but I'm upgrading from 0.96a. Not into the same folder or anything but I didn't know if the application wrote to any folders outside the one it's downloaded in or if it uses registry entries.

Let me know if you need any other info. I'll try check back in on this thread as soon as I can.
As I've stated many times, the one piece of information that's critical is the id number of the tease you're trying to download.

That said, I think I've seen that error and fixed it in a later version. Did you try this download with version 0.96d (the latest released). You said you upgraded from 0.96a, but I'm assuming you got this with 0.96d.

I do have another release almost ready to upload that includes a number of fixes for similar errors. If you can give me the tease ID number I'll test it in the latest code to make sure it's fixed. A lot of these errors lately are limit cases I'd not run into before. That one I think was a bad page in the tease that was totally empty, without even a page name, or something like that.

PG
Kafel
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Kafel »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:56 pm
Kafel wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:52 am I've ran into a weird issue with the most recent version. When I run the executable I get the error "NameError: name 'page_name' is not defined.

As I've stated many times, the one piece of information that's critical is the id number of the tease you're trying to download.

That said, I think I've seen that error and fixed it in a later version. Did you try this download with version 0.96d (the latest released). You said you upgraded from 0.96a, but I'm assuming you got this with 0.96d.

I do have another release almost ready to upload that includes a number of fixes for similar errors. If you can give me the tease ID number I'll test it in the latest code to make sure it's fixed. A lot of these errors lately are limit cases I'd not run into before. That one I think was a bad page in the tease that was totally empty, without even a page name, or something like that.

PG
The tease I was trying to download was this one:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=46680

I did try with 0.96d. Also I meant to say in the last one I was upgrading from 0.92a. Not 96a.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

New release - version 0.96e

I've uploaded a new release fixing several issues reported since the last update on May 30.
This release also adds support for the allowSkip option on custom mode say actions. I had not yet seen any examples of this in use but finally found some and was able to add support for it. That means you may be able to click "Continue" to skip some timed text segments that you couldn't before.

Hopefully I haven't introduced any new issues.

PG

This is fixed in this update. It turned out this was a new issue. I had error handling in my code for an oddball case that you were lucky enough to encounter, but my error handling had an error in it! I hate when that happens! :lol:
While fixing this I also discovered a couple other issues that would have hit you when trying to play the tease in GuideMe and I fixed those too, so thanks for finding this. This tease did generate a lot of warnings and I can't guarantee it will work exactly the same as the EOS version online, but it should be close. Let me know if you find any other issues with it and I'll address them as soon as I can.

Enjoy.
Milodownloader 0.96e 2022-07-30 12_14_32-VirusTotal - File - 47861a6c8d4ed96fed675e39c01c7d5e60810804477e7afcf75048e7c354.png
Milodownloader 0.96e 2022-07-30 12_14_32-VirusTotal - File - 47861a6c8d4ed96fed675e39c01c7d5e60810804477e7afcf75048e7c354.png (94.51 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Kafel wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:52 am I've tried running from source as well but it just crashes to desktop with no error. I'm not sure if it matters or not but I'm upgrading from 0.96a. Not into the same folder or anything but I didn't know if the application wrote to any folders outside the one it's downloaded in or if it uses registry entries.

I thought I'd respond to this separately for the benefit of all.

The downloader does not write to any folders outside the one it's downloaded to and does not use any registry entries.
The only exception to this is the "Tease folder" which you as the user get to select.

All configuration settings are stored in the config.cfg file in the downloader folder, which is a plain text, json file.

Note that the downloader saves local copies of the tease scripts that you download in the Cache subfolder. If you install a new version to a different folder, it will not find the cached files from the previous version, so it will download them again. In most cases this doesn't matter, but it's something to be aware of. If you don't delete the old version you can end up with multiple copies of these cached files on your hard drive.

You can though, copy or move the cache folder from the old downloader version into the folder where you put the new downloader version, and then the new version will use them.

Kafel
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Kafel »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:39 pm New release - version 0.96e

I've uploaded a new release fixing several issues reported since the last update on May 30.
This release also adds support for the allowSkip option on custom mode say actions. I had not yet seen any examples of this in use but finally found some and was able to add support for it. That means you may be able to click "Continue" to skip some timed text segments that you couldn't before.

Hopefully I haven't introduced any new issues.

PG

This is fixed in this update. It turned out this was a new issue. I had error handling in my code for an oddball case that you were lucky enough to encounter, but my error handling had an error in it! I hate when that happens! :lol:
While fixing this I also discovered a couple other issues that would have hit you when trying to play the tease in GuideMe and I fixed those too, so thanks for finding this. This tease did generate a lot of warnings and I can't guarantee it will work exactly the same as the EOS version online, but it should be close. Let me know if you find any other issues with it and I'll address them as soon as I can.

Enjoy.

Milodownloader 0.96e 2022-07-30 12_14_32-VirusTotal - File - 47861a6c8d4ed96fed675e39c01c7d5e60810804477e7afcf75048e7c354.png
I'll give it a try and let you know if I run into any more issues. Much appreciated.
SLaLune
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by SLaLune »

Hello,

I was trying to download the tease Goddess Of The Edge to customize it to my preferences, but when I tried to upload the JSON file from the cache folder in the EOS Editor, it didn't works, telling me "The property info is not defined and the definition does not allow additional properties".

I wanted to know if I missed something or if it was normal and it wasn't possible.

Thanks for your help !
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

SLaLune wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:05 am Hello,

I was trying to download the tease Goddess Of The Edge to customize it to my preferences, but when I tried to upload the JSON file from the cache folder in the EOS Editor, it didn't works, telling me "The property info is not defined and the definition does not allow additional properties".

I wanted to know if I missed something or if it was normal and it wasn't possible.

Thanks for your help !
Interesting. The downloader was intended for downloading teases for use in GuideMe, and it never occurred to me people would use it in the manner you describe. I actually downloaded that tease myself the other day thinking to customize it. Perhaps you'll share what you do? As written it has way too many edges for me, and is too long.

The downloader does add an extra property (named info) to the json file. This property is used internally by the downloader to store the tease name, author name and ID, etc. You just need to open the json file in a text editor, scroll down to the very end, and delete the info section, then it should upload properly. The downloader expects that section to be there though, so maybe use a copy.

Do you use the downloaded tease in any other fashion?

If all you are doing is downloading the json, then uploading it to create a new EOS tease for yourself, you don't need to use the downloader. Just use the URL

https://milovana.com/webteases/geteosscript.php?id=####
replacing #### with the tease ID number. This will open the EOS script in your browser window, then you can just save it to a file. That way no extra stuff gets added to it, and you can upload it directly.

Hope that helps,

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Updated to 0.96f

Post by PlayfulGuy »

New version uploaded - 0.96f
Links in the first post have been updated.

I have uploaded a new version (0.96f) that fixes a bug reported by trusfrated in tease 58494 (New World Order). If an EOS teases use galleries, and a gallery name includes a single quote character, the single quote got encoded to &#39; in the XML, but the folder on disk was named correctly, so the images in that gallery did not display.

Please report any issues you find that haven't been reported yet, and always include a link or at least the name or ID number of the tease causing the issue.

I've still been pretty preoccupied this year with lots of different stuff happening. I've been working on this project and have made a number of updates (mostly user interface, usability and flexibility updates) but haven't had time to finish and test it all. I hope to get that release out soon, but as always I've got too many projects on the go.

PG
SLaLune
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by SLaLune »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:54 pm
SLaLune wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:05 am Hello,

Thanks for your help !
Interesting. The downloader was intended for downloading teases for use in GuideMe, and it never occurred to me people would use it in the manner you describe. I actually downloaded that tease myself the other day thinking to customize it. Perhaps you'll share what you do? As written it has way too many edges for me, and is too long.

The downloader does add an extra property (named info) to the json file. This property is used internally by the downloader to store the tease name, author name and ID, etc. You just need to open the json file in a text editor, scroll down to the very end, and delete the info section, then it should upload properly. The downloader expects that section to be there though, so maybe use a copy.

Do you use the downloaded tease in any other fashion?

If all you are doing is downloading the json, then uploading it to create a new EOS tease for yourself, you don't need to use the downloader. Just use the URL

https://milovana.com/webteases/geteosscript.php?id=####
replacing #### with the tease ID number. This will open the EOS script in your browser window, then you can just save it to a file. That way no extra stuff gets added to it, and you can upload it directly.

Hope that helps,

PG
Well back when Fenway deleted his teases, someone posted a link to download them explaining how to upload them back to the EOS Editor, so I have always done that from since.

I was actually trying to customize the models of the tease, because there are some of them that I really don't like.

I will get back to you after trying what you said, thanks for your help !
SLaLune
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by SLaLune »

So I tried to edit the JSON file located in the Cache data file, and it still didn't worked, showing me a different error message.

But since I didn't know downloading the JSON file from https://milovana.com/webteases/geteossc ... p?id=59397 was an option before, I tried it, and it worked perfectly when I uploaded it to the EOS Editor, so thanks a lot for your help !