RLGL-Player (version 0.12.4)

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.8.0)

Post by Triple Alfa »

Bhurk wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:34 pm Just use the Mega downloader app or download it as standard.
I had issues with that app in the past so I wanted to avoid it. Downloading as standard was not possible as it would download all the hundreds of files individually.(I tried)
After lots of pausing and resuming though I finally got it to complete the download, so I can now give some feedback.

Note: I love the idea of this program. Please do not take the following points of improvement as negativity.

General:
1) I would love to see the ending separated from the red & green light system. This would allow players to set custom timings for the ending as well as allow for ruined orgasm integration. It would also open the door for more advanced systems such as time limited orgasms(green cum for X secs followed by red stop to finish). Lastly it would also give it a separate metronome setting. Which is important as regular stroking and stroking to finish are two completely different scenarios.
2) It would be great if you could loop videos X times instead of having to add them multiple times. The shorter a video is the more this becomes a problem.
3) It'd be nice if there was a menu option to stop the player.

Preferences:
1) I wish the minimum durations for green, red, and edge lights were not limited to 10 seconds.
2) The time unit is not stated anywhere. This becomes a problem when you get to the edge period as that could be either minutes or seconds.
3) The "Possibility" sliders really need a tooltip. I found it unclear whether they control the chance of the edge/metronome themselves, or control the balance between the minimum and maximum duration.
4) They could also use a number indicator for the slider.
5) The top & bottom borders have a different scale than the left & right borders.(Set both to the same percentage and the left & right are thicker.) This makes it hard to get a uniform border.
6) The default edge color makes the black text hard to read.
7) Because the controls and text are tied to the bottom border it's not possible to make a nice thin border. It also ties the text color to the border colors.

I see a lot of potential here. I'm curious to see where it goes.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by Augustulus »

Hey PlayfulGuy,

thanks for that detailed report :-).
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm I really like how you've split the options up into a couple tabs. I would even suggest moving the censoring options and maybe even the metronome options to their own tabs. As it is now the list is too tall to fit vertically on the options tab and I feel that options panels like that should never have to scroll. Personally I would order the tabs General/RLGL/Metronome/Censoring.
Interesting, I'll think about it. For now I used the same split like before. RLGL on the left, General on the right. But yeah, General could be also a good entry to the preferences.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm I played it two different times, once with 3 longer videos (about 10 minutes each), then again with a bunch of shorter ones mixed with two longer ones. The first time I played with "always end red", the second time with "let program decide" and it chose red. I noticed both times that the red "hands off you're denied" period at the end seemed quite long. It's like the length is set for a green (cum) ending, but It feels too long for a red ending.

Actually the same was true for the red ending of each video in the set. It always turned red what felt like (but maybe just felt like) a long time before the video ended.
I've looked through the code and in case that you select "let the program decide" it is indeed a green phase length for a possible red light in the end. I'll change that in the next update. I'm not totally sure how accurate the vlc-plugin reports the length of the video. I've seen some bugs in it already. It's still the best plugin I found and I don't have the time or the experience to handle drawing of the video myself. One of them is that I get the information about the length of a video only after it is already playing. Therefore there is an offset of a couple of seconds at the last phase of a video to prevent that the last phase is not shown at all! For a single video it is not that problematic, but for a playlist the offset seems a little bit high then. I try to reduce it to a minimum.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm
I also noticed both times when I initially started the session that it started with a red period which seemed odd. If we're just starting I would think it would start green. There was also one instance where I got the red ending period for one video, then the next video started with a red segment too, so that hands off period was really long.
As I said earlier: since each video is handled individually there is no control of phases between two videos. I personally feel better with a red phase following a red one than a green phase following a green one.

The first phase of each video is chosen randomly. I use the standard random function provided by the programming language, so it might not be that accurate. But over longer periods you should definitely have 50% of the time a green phase as the beginning.

Maybe adding a slider to the settings allowing the player to set a ration between red and green beginnings would be better. What do you think?
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm In the second play through I used 6 videos all under 5 minutes, with another that was about 6.5 minutes and one that was about 10 minutes. I had it set to 5 minutes for the initial no edge period, and I was expecting that I wouldn't get any edging during the shorter videos but I did, which was great. The edging settings seemed to work through the whole session and occurred randomly after the initial no edge period. Seems to work perfectly!
Great!
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm I had selected the shuffle option, but if it shuffled it didn't change much because I swear they just played in the order I loaded them. Maybe just coincidence, but the first two that played were definitely the first two loaded, and the last two were the two longer ones and also in the order I loaded them, so that's four out of eight that didn't change position. The first time (with 3 videos) it definitely changed the order from what I loaded them.
For now I would agree that it was coincidence, but overall this falls in the same category like the first phase of each video. If you experience this more often, I guess I really have to look for alternatives for the random number generator.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm Last but not least, and you probably saw this coming, but with the ability to load multiple videos it's inevitable I'll find a set that really works and want to save that "playlist". It would be cool if you could save and restore a playlist, including the current settings for the RLGL, metronome and censoring. The general settings wouldn't need to be saved with each set though.
That should be possible. I'm only unsure if I should store all playlists in a single file or create a new file for each playlist. Any preferences for that?
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm I have not tried the censoring options yet but I'll try and make time to do so for the sake of completeness.
You don't have to. It's a really big part of the software and definitely needs some time learning it, if you want to receive "good" results, but of course I'm happy receiving more feedback.

Augustulus
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Hey Triple Alfa,
Triple Alfa wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:00 pm I'm trying to download this, but MEGA is having a stroke trying to send me the zip file. It downloads at a snail's pace and then fails completely. Could you perhaps upload it elsewhere?
Yeah, I've also noticed that MEGA is downloading the files now separately and in a slower way. I know that this is also time dependent. If you try to download it at a time with heavy traffic, it might be even slower. Interestingly the "download as zip" option was also quite fast for me and did not fail. Interesting!

Gladly if you want to update to a newer version, you need to download only the executable-file (RLGL-Player.exe) and this should be pretty fast.

If you know a good free alternative to MEGA I would definitely look into. I really like to have the ability to look into a zip-file before downloading it, so that's why there is no simple uploaded zip-file anywhere and I would like to keep it that way if possible. :-)

Augustulus
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Now for your feedback:
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am Note: I love the idea of this program. Please do not take the following points of improvement as negativity.
I would not take them as negativity. It's the whole point of this thread to allow people to add ideas and improvements to this software :smile:.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am
General:
1) I would love to see the ending separated from the red & green light system. This would allow players to set custom timings for the ending as well as allow for ruined orgasm integration. It would also open the door for more advanced systems such as time limited orgasms(green cum for X secs followed by red stop to finish). Lastly it would also give it a separate metronome setting. Which is important as regular stroking and stroking to finish are two completely different scenarios.
2) It would be great if you could loop videos X times instead of having to add them multiple times. The shorter a video is the more this becomes a problem.
3) It'd be nice if there was a menu option to stop the player.
  1. It is possible to separate the ending from the rest more clearly. I don't know if it might be possible to let the player create fully custom endings, yet. I fear that this would make it too complex, but I can definitely add more ending options for now. Do you have any favorites you would like to see?
    Also note, that the last phase will not have a 100% fixed length due to the underlying vlc-plugin. That's sadly not changeable. I'll try to have it set so that the chosen time will be at least the minimum for the actual displayed duration of the last phase.
  2. I'll add that in the next update.
  3. My biggest fear :-D. What do you want exactly? Cancelling the current session fully or just pausing it? Cancelling would be easy, pausing not and honestly I don't like the thought of having the possibility of pausing a session that much, because this can lead to cheating :-/.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am Preferences:
1) I wish the minimum durations for green, red, and edge lights were not limited to 10 seconds.
2) The time unit is not stated anywhere. This becomes a problem when you get to the edge period as that could be either minutes or seconds.
3) The "Possibility" sliders really need a tooltip. I found it unclear whether they control the chance of the edge/metronome themselves, or control the balance between the minimum and maximum duration.
5) The top & bottom borders have a different scale than the left & right borders.(Set both to the same percentage and the left & right are thicker.) This makes it hard to get a uniform border.
6) The default edge color makes the black text hard to read.
7) Because the controls and text are tied to the bottom border it's not possible to make a nice thin border. It also ties the text color to the border colors.
  1. In fact this is a total random value chosen by myself from personal preferences how long a phase should last at least. There is also an upper value of 60 minutes btw. It's no problem to set the limit down to 1 second.
  2. Since you just downloaded the newest version you can't know that the preferences dialog looked differently in the older versions and that there was only little space, so I sacrificed the time unit in the dialog and mentioned it only in the manual, but I guess that there is now enough space to set it up also in there :-).
  3. Yeah, that's also because of me not being a native English speaking person ;-). It should be more clear after reading the manual. I'm open and happy for any corrections on how to make the preferences dialog more understandable. :-)
  4. What do you mean exactly? Adding numbers to the places on the slider or changing the slider completely with a number field or having both a slider and a number field next to each other?
  5. That's because the borders are in fact relative to the main windows dimensions. It's possible to change to absolute values, I'll try this for the next version and we'll see if this works better.
  6. Change it to a better suitable color for you. Preferences are stored across sessions so it's only a one-time-change.
  7. Yeah, that's by design. If you have only a 1 pixel border around the video I suggest to play the videos rather in another video player on fullscreen than using this ;-). Also I'm personally not a fan of the dark mode/light mode discussion and this way we can avoid that :-D.
I guess that it might take a couple of days to try out everything.

Thank you for all the suggestions,
Augustulus
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.8.1)

Post by Augustulus »

Did already a small update including all the fixes.
If you encounter really small to non existent end of video phases (The ones where you get to cum or get denied. This is at the moment still tied to the duration of red and green light phases!), please tell me.
Also notice that by changing from relative to absolute sizes of the borders, your current settings can lead to very small borders. To fix this, just change your preferences. Also now the size of each border can be set between 100% and 0% (except bottom border). With this change borders will appear much thicker on smaller window sizes than on big ones, because they will always have a fixed number of pixels!

Also:
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am

I forgot to ask about specific metronome settings for endings and maybe even edges. What would you suggest? A special range of speeds for these phases?

Augustulus
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 am Hey PlayfulGuy,

thanks for that detailed report :-).
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm I played it two different times, once with 3 longer videos (about 10 minutes each), then again with a bunch of shorter ones mixed with two longer ones. The first time I played with "always end red", the second time with "let program decide" and it chose red. I noticed both times that the red "hands off you're denied" period at the end seemed quite long. It's like the length is set for a green (cum) ending, but It feels too long for a red ending.

Actually the same was true for the red ending of each video in the set. It always turned red what felt like (but maybe just felt like) a long time before the video ended.
I've looked through the code and in case that you select "let the program decide" it is indeed a green phase length for a possible red light in the end. I'll change that in the next update. I'm not totally sure how accurate the vlc-plugin reports the length of the video. I've seen some bugs in it already. It's still the best plugin I found and I don't have the time or the experience to handle drawing of the video myself. One of them is that I get the information about the length of a video only after it is already playing. Therefore there is an offset of a couple of seconds at the last phase of a video to prevent that the last phase is not shown at all! For a single video it is not that problematic, but for a playlist the offset seems a little bit high then. I try to reduce it to a minimum.
I wouldn't think the length reported by VLC would be off by too much, and a few seconds is no big deal. If it's more than 10 seconds or so it gets to be significant. You may have to experiment a bit to see how much the length it reports is off.
Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 am
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm
I also noticed both times when I initially started the session that it started with a red period which seemed odd. If we're just starting I would think it would start green. There was also one instance where I got the red ending period for one video, then the next video started with a red segment too, so that hands off period was really long.
As I said earlier: since each video is handled individually there is no control of phases between two videos. I personally feel better with a red phase following a red one than a green phase following a green one.
And I'm totally okay with a green one following a green one. At my age, I don't stay hard unless I'm stroking, so stopping for long periods is more of an issue than stroking for long periods. We can set limits for the min and max length of red or green sections, but they can get totally ignored when switching from one video to the next. And if a red/green segment wouldn't follow a red/green segment within one video, it really shouldn't as we switch videos in a set either.

Allowing for sets of videos rather than assuming a single video introduces wrinkles like that.
Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 am The first phase of each video is chosen randomly. I use the standard random function provided by the programming language, so it might not be that accurate. But over longer periods you should definitely have 50% of the time a green phase as the beginning.

Maybe adding a slider to the settings allowing the player to set a ration between red and green beginnings would be better. What do you think?
There's no need for an option like that.

The main issue here was the very first video of the session. I loaded RLGLPlayer, selected 5 videos and hit start, and it started with a red segment. See what I mean?

I would think that it would be easy enough to detect that you're starting the very first video of a set and always pick green for that, and then for subsequent videos it's random.
Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 am
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm Last but not least, and you probably saw this coming, but with the ability to load multiple videos it's inevitable I'll find a set that really works and want to save that "playlist". It would be cool if you could save and restore a playlist, including the current settings for the RLGL, metronome and censoring. The general settings wouldn't need to be saved with each set though.
That should be possible. I'm only unsure if I should store all playlists in a single file or create a new file for each playlist. Any preferences for that?
I would prefer to have them each in their own file. It might be easier for you too. If they''re in their own file the user can rename a playlist, delete it, copy it etc., and you just have to list files with a given extension. If you put them all in one file you have to worry about all those other playlist management issues.

I can also see myself wanting to save the playlist in the same folder as the videos it contains, so for example my RLGL playlists for my PMV videos are in my PMV video folder, etc.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:34 am
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am Preferences:
  1. What do you mean exactly? Adding numbers to the places on the slider or changing the slider completely with a number field or having both a slider and a number field next to each other?
I second this! I assumed it was controlling the possibility with min at the left and max on the right (like 0 to 100% possibility).
I'd also like a little more control over the value. If I click in the slider bar it only jumps back and forth between the two ends and the middle, and dragging the slider there are only 10 stops including 0 and 100.

And it's nice to see someone else trying this out!

PG
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm I wouldn't think the length reported by VLC would be off by too much, and a few seconds is no big deal. If it's more than 10 seconds or so it gets to be significant. You may have to experiment a bit to see how much the length it reports is off.
In the beginning it was quite significant some times. Recent testing put it in the milliseconds. Biggest problem I guess is if the video is loaded from a slow external drive. I hope that 2 seconds will be enough, but we'll see.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm And I'm totally okay with a green one following a green one. At my age, I don't stay hard unless I'm stroking, so stopping for long periods is more of an issue than stroking for long periods. We can set limits for the min and max length of red or green sections, but they can get totally ignored when switching from one video to the next. And if a red/green segment wouldn't follow a red/green segment within one video, it really shouldn't as we switch videos in a set either.
I see. I'm on the other end of the scale. Having more non stroking time than stroking is fine for me. I also think that in general red lights will have a shorter duration than green ones, I guess with keeping this in mind by setting the duration of the red light it should be good.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm The main issue here was the very first video of the session. I loaded RLGLPlayer, selected 5 videos and hit start, and it started with a red segment. See what I mean?

I would think that it would be easy enough to detect that you're starting the very first video of a set and always pick green for that, and then for subsequent videos it's random.
In fact it is completely decoupled at the moment :lol:. But I already thought about a flag or something this way that could do the trick.
PlayfulGuy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm I would prefer to have them each in their own file. It might be easier for you too. If they''re in their own file the user can rename a playlist, delete it, copy it etc., and you just have to list files with a given extension. If you put them all in one file you have to worry about all those other playlist management issues.

I can also see myself wanting to save the playlist in the same folder as the videos it contains, so for example my RLGL playlists for my PMV videos are in my PMV video folder, etc.
Workload is pretty much the same. My only concern was more about having hundreds of small files filling the filesystem. But yeah, I'll implement it that way in the next update.

I've also reworked already the preferences dialog adding more tabs, units and slightly advanced sliders.
The sliders are now incrementing in 1% steps and will also have an edible number field displaying the exact value. Plus I've added a tooltip :-).
I've decided against publishing it right now, because I think it will be better coupled with some of the other more game changing things.

Stay tuned,
Augustulus
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Looking forward to it!
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by 47dahc »

Liking it so for with PMVs that I have. Would love to see picture or gif slideshow if at all possible.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: RLGL-Player (version 0.9.0)

Post by Augustulus »

New version is out! :mbounce:

This one includes the options to save, load and edit playlists. This way you can enjoy your preferred set of videos again and again :-D.
There is now also an option to loop a playlist. Note that the whole playlist will be looped. not a single video from it!
Lastly there was also another overhaul of the preferences dialog. Now there are more tabs and the sliders got a nice redesign.

As always: I appreciate any type of feedback and also new ideas :-)
47dahc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 pm Liking it so for with PMVs that I have. Would love to see picture or gif slideshow if at all possible.
Thanks! I know that images and gifs are possible. I'm unsure if this fits into the concept, bit I'll look into it next.
Also do you think of having one image/gif per phase or a fixed duration each image is displayed independent of the phases?

Augustulus
Triple Alfa
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Triple Alfa »

Sorry for the late reply, didn't check the forum until now.
Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:34 am
  1. It is possible to separate the ending from the rest more clearly. I don't know if it might be possible to let the player create fully custom endings, yet. I fear that this would make it too complex, but I can definitely add more ending options for now. Do you have any favorites you would like to see?
    Also note, that the last phase will not have a 100% fixed length due to the underlying vlc-plugin. That's sadly not changeable. I'll try to have it set so that the chosen time will be at least the minimum for the actual displayed duration of the last phase.
  2. I'll add that in the next update.
  3. My biggest fear :-D. What do you want exactly? Cancelling the current session fully or just pausing it? Cancelling would be easy, pausing not and honestly I don't like the thought of having the possibility of pausing a session that much, because this can lead to cheating :-/.
  1. A few suggestions:
    Green light for X seconds(not tied to green light of normal stroking)
    Red light for X seconds
    Green light for X seconds followed by Red light
    Purple(example color) light indicating a Ruined Orgasm
    Advanced Option: X% Chance for Green light + X% Chance for Red light + X% Chance for Purple light = 100%.
  2. Cool
  3. Cancelling. The issue for me arose when I wanted to mess around with the settings and censoring stuff. The video kept playing in the background which was very distracting. Also just in general it's a good idea to be able to stop any porn related content at a moments notice. For obvious reasons :-D (Do make sure it's not in a place that can be accidentally clicked.)
  1. In fact this is a total random value chosen by myself from personal preferences how long a phase should last at least. There is also an upper value of 60 minutes btw. It's no problem to set the limit down to 1 second.
  2. Since you just downloaded the newest version you can't know that the preferences dialog looked differently in the older versions and that there was only little space, so I sacrificed the time unit in the dialog and mentioned it only in the manual, but I guess that there is now enough space to set it up also in there :-).
  3. Yeah, that's also because of me not being a native English speaking person ;-). It should be more clear after reading the manual. I'm open and happy for any corrections on how to make the preferences dialog more understandable. :-)
  4. What do you mean exactly? Adding numbers to the places on the slider or changing the slider completely with a number field or having both a slider and a number field next to each other?
  5. That's because the borders are in fact relative to the main windows dimensions. It's possible to change to absolute values, I'll try this for the next version and we'll see if this works better.
  6. Change it to a better suitable color for you. Preferences are stored across sessions so it's only a one-time-change.
  7. Yeah, that's by design. If you have only a 1 pixel border around the video I suggest to play the videos rather in another video player on fullscreen than using this ;-). Also I'm personally not a fan of the dark mode/light mode discussion and this way we can avoid that :-D.
I guess that it might take a couple of days to try out everything.

Thank you for all the suggestions,
Augustulus
  1. Personally I sometimes like fake out style commands like a brief 3 second red/green light.
  2. Ah right. In general I've learned that people never read a manual unless they have no other choice. So as painful as it may be to hear you are probably writing that manual for less than 1% of your users. If you want to convey information you either need the interface element to be obvious(i.e. an On/Off toggle), or there needs to be additional information right there in the interface.(Can be achieved via a tooltip if necessary)
  3. For the slider in the edge section I would suggest:
    Remove the slider and replace it with a number box that goes from 1% to 100%.
    Change the text from "Possibility" to "Chance to appear after green light"

For the metronome slider I would suggest the same with the text changing to "Chance"(This one should be pretty obvious.)

For the censor slider I would suggest a different solution:
    Remove the slider entirely. Replace it with:
    A checkbox with the text "Censor only on green light"(This makes it clear that normally it happens all the time.)
    A number box that goes from 1% to 100% with the text "Chance"
  4. This is superseded by my suggestion above, but to clarify what I meant: The sliders currently have no indicators for their positions.(i.e. If I move a slider all the way to the left I don't know whether that is 0%, 1%, 10%, or some other value.)
  5. It is personal preference, but to me it looked real nice with a uniform thin border.
  6. I know, but having black on blue as a default just seemed like an oversight to me. It is generally accepted as a bad color combination for readability and since first time users are unlikely to mess around with colors on their first try it'll leave a negative first impression on a significant portion of the userbase.
  7. I understand your point of view, but do note that by taking this approach you are making it significantly more difficult to keep the interface and text readable under all circumstances. At the very least I'd suggest default colors that are all either light with black text or dark with white text to keep a uniform level of readability for your text and the interface.
Note I don't have time right now to test out the new version. I'll have to try it out later.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:25 am Sorry for the late reply, didn't check the forum until now.
Don't worry :-). Do you know that you can turn on notifications for a topic or a reply? This way you get a message that something here changed. Just in case you want to respond faster :-D.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:25 am
  1. A few suggestions:
    Green light for X seconds(not tied to green light of normal stroking)
    Red light for X seconds
    Green light for X seconds followed by Red light
    Purple(example color) light indicating a Ruined Orgasm
    Advanced Option: X% Chance for Green light + X% Chance for Red light + X% Chance for Purple light = 100%.
  2. Cool
  3. Cancelling. The issue for me arose when I wanted to mess around with the settings and censoring stuff. The video kept playing in the background which was very distracting. Also just in general it's a good idea to be able to stop any porn related content at a moments notice. For obvious reasons :-D (Do make sure it's not in a place that can be accidentally clicked.)
  1. Okay. I've thought already about something similar. I'll implement it already.
  2. Yeah, added for whole playlists. If you really need it for single videos, it could be possible, but I guess this is sufficient at least for now.
  3. Alright. Cancelling is possible.
Triple Alfa wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:25 am
  1. Personally I sometimes like fake out style commands like a brief 3 second red/green light.
  2. Ah right. In general I've learned that people never read a manual unless they have no other choice. So as painful as it may be to hear you are probably writing that manual for less than 1% of your users. If you want to convey information you either need the interface element to be obvious(i.e. an On/Off toggle), or there needs to be additional information right there in the interface.(Can be achieved via a tooltip if necessary)
  3. For the slider in the edge section I would suggest:
    Remove the slider and replace it with a number box that goes from 1% to 100%.
    Change the text from "Possibility" to "Chance to appear after green light"

For the metronome slider I would suggest the same with the text changing to "Chance"(This one should be pretty obvious.)

For the censor slider I would suggest a different solution:
    Remove the slider entirely. Replace it with:
    A checkbox with the text "Censor only on green light"(This makes it clear that normally it happens all the time.)
    A number box that goes from 1% to 100% with the text "Chance"
  4. This is superseded by my suggestion above, but to clarify what I meant: The sliders currently have no indicators for their positions.(i.e. If I move a slider all the way to the left I don't know whether that is 0%, 1%, 10%, or some other value.)
  5. It is personal preference, but to me it looked real nice with a uniform thin border.
  6. I know, but having black on blue as a default just seemed like an oversight to me. It is generally accepted as a bad color combination for readability and since first time users are unlikely to mess around with colors on their first try it'll leave a negative first impression on a significant portion of the userbase.
  7. I understand your point of view, but do note that by taking this approach you are making it significantly more difficult to keep the interface and text readable under all circumstances. At the very least I'd suggest default colors that are all either light with black text or dark with white text to keep a uniform level of readability for your text and the interface.
Note I don't have time right now to test out the new version. I'll have to try it out later.
  1. You can have this now :-)
  2. Yeah, I know I'm a rare species that reads manuals. Well, as I said it's easier for me to describe how things work in a full text than in a short tooltip. If you have more suggestions for tooltips I'll gladly implement them. Also has the manual a section about the details of the different file-formats. That's even useful for me, if I don't want to go through the code. So, the manual is also in parts for myself :-).
  3. I decided for a hybrid-version: slider + number box, because for me a slider is the obvious element if you can change something in a fixed range :-). And yeah, I had the same idea with the censor-slider. Please give me feedback if I should change the label or if this is sufficient.
  4. Maybe I should then add also a '(%)' to the labels.
  5. Ready to test for you :-)
  6. Well, that's a valid argument. Guess I'll change this to a lighter version of blue later.
  7. Hmm, maybe going the extra mile and adding the option to let the user change the text color for each phase individually. On the other hand I don't know if there are people out there that would use this feature at all :unsure:.
Also I guess you might have missed it or forgot to add it to the message, so I add the question another time here:
Augustulus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 pm I forgot to ask about specific metronome settings for endings and maybe even edges. What would you suggest? A special range of speeds for these phases?
I'm happy to hear the feedback as soon as you have the time.

Augustulus
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by 47dahc »

Augustulus wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:44 pm
Spoiler: show
New version is out! :mbounce:

This one includes the options to save, load and edit playlists. This way you can enjoy your preferred set of videos again and again :-D.
There is now also an option to loop a playlist. Note that the whole playlist will be looped. not a single video from it!
Lastly there was also another overhaul of the preferences dialog. Now there are more tabs and the sliders got a nice redesign.

As always: I appreciate any type of feedback and also new ideas :-)
47dahc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 pm Liking it so for with PMVs that I have. Would love to see picture or gif slideshow if at all possible.
Augustulus wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:44 pm Thanks! I know that images and gifs are possible. I'm unsure if this fits into the concept, bit I'll look into it next.
Also do you think of having one image/gif per phase or a fixed duration each image is displayed independent of the phases?

Augustulus
I was thinking along the lines of setting a duration for the images and they just rotate through like any other slideshow. Gifs would ignore the duration setting and play their full length once and move on. To get an idea of what I'm talking about, start a slideshow with IrfanView. Same idea, just with your RLGL border randomly appearing throughout. Adding support for webm or webp would be a awesome bonus.

I also noticed that I can't go full full screen. It allows the window to go full screen but the menu bar is still visible. Not sure if this has already been brought up or not.
Augustulus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Augustulus »

47dahc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:12 pm I was thinking along the lines of setting a duration for the images and they just rotate through like any other slideshow. Gifs would ignore the duration setting and play their full length once and move on. To get an idea of what I'm talking about, start a slideshow with IrfanView. Same idea, just with your RLGL border randomly appearing throughout. Adding support for webm or webp would be a awesome bonus.
All right. I'm not fully sure if something like that is possible with the current design of the code, but I'll see if I can get it working.
Also support for webm and therefor webp for images (in case I can get it working) is possible. It will be added in the next update.
47dahc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:12 pm I also noticed that I can't go full full screen. It allows the window to go full screen but the menu bar is still visible. Not sure if this has already been brought up or not.
I've been avoiding this a little bit. But I'll see how big I can get it full screen.

Augustulus