Legend of the Psyons - Huge RPG Estim Project - Now open-ish alpha - Bug reporting and feedback

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Legend of the Psyons - Huge RPG Estim Project - Now open-ish alpha - Bug reporting and feedback

Post by nocnoc »

@throwawayacct: I'm glad you are still enjoying the game. Unfortunately, any updates that involve changes to the main engine break the older save files. Trying to keep them compatible would be a lot of work and slow development considerably. That's sort of why I'm not yet sure if I want to push out a partial update in January or wait until February or March with a single, larger update. For now, I enjoy contributing to the community for free. Perhaps when I retire, and AI art advances a few generations for consistent characters and fewer artifacts, I may want to try my hand at selling some adult games. I have other ideas and I'd love to make a sequel to LOTP outside of the Eos platform.

I'll be away for a few days for Christmas. :wave:
rubik
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Legend of the Psyons - Huge RPG Estim Project - Now open-ish alpha - Bug reporting and feedback

Post by rubik »

Please add me for the testing. x
    mrbob203
    Curious Newbie
    Curious Newbie

Post by mrbob203 »

Hiya! I'd love a tester link please :3
    petka11
    Explorer
    Explorer

Post by petka11 »

nocnoc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:02 pm @Petka11: Hi! A blast from the past. I'm glad you are enjoying the lore. It has come quite a way since you've seen it last. What was that, about 2 years ago? I'm fairly sure that it is now the largest project on the Eos platform. It has sort of turned into the never ending project, but I'd say it is 30% complete now and the beta is only a few updates away. I really try to focus on the world building and a universe that feels dynamic with impactful player choices and replay value with class specific content. I'd love to hear about your latest adventures! Are you still running the E-Stim Hero site? How is that going? I really should make a blog there for LOTP. Anyway, hope all is well.
    Hey Hey :-)

Yes, it feels much more "rich" and "full" - great job.

Never Ending projects are not bad, it's good to experience some long projects, that you get invested in and i guess it's nice to build something like this.
    Also It's a great "hobby" to have.

Yes, the site is live and slowly growing; I'm currently working on some big project related to Estim, so i hope there will be some good news in the coming month's.

I hope, when you'll publish your work i can post it on EstimHero as well, don't know how to through.

Anyway, great work, keep it up!
    :-)
    cplpink7
    Curious Newbie
    Curious Newbie

Post by cplpink7 »

Hi,

I would appreicate a link to the alpha if possible
    I have a diy estim device based on midi stim
    slavmas88
    Curious Newbie
    Curious Newbie

Post by slavmas88 »

Hello,

Very interested in testing this project. I currently own a 2B and an ElectraStim.

Thank you.
    nocnoc
    Explorer At Heart
    Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I just wanted to give a quick progress update on the next version release.

So with all of the site updates and downtime, I haven't been able to get much done lately. Instead, I've been gathering and editing pictures for future content. In the long run, the site updates should help with lag and so forth, but it may take some time for seraph0x to get the editor issues ironed out.

For players, you probably weren't affected much. If you get stuck on an "engine loading" screen, clear your browser cache. That will usually fix the problem. For a while, pictures and sound files were getting scrambled, but that issue appears to have been fixed. Right now though, the Eos editor has some glitches that make updating code very difficult, as text won't highlight properly and so forth.

Although I may not get quite as far as I would have liked due to these unforeseen delays, I'll probably be pushing whatever new content I have in an update some time mid to late February.
    latexlover6930
    Curious Newbie
    Curious Newbie

Post by latexlover6930 »

If you need any more testers, I've got a 2B and love to check it out for you! :)
    throbulator
    Curious Newbie
    Curious Newbie

Post by throbulator »

I would absolutely love to test this out. Looks like a really cool project
    nocnoc
    Explorer At Heart
    Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I expect V0.13 to be out in about a month. Testers should be aware that saved game data will break when the update gets pushed to the tester link. I'll give a more precise ETA as it nears.

By popular demand, V0.13 will include an additional hardcore difficulty setting. This will require more careful development of your character and a greater emphasis on the the use of consumables and potions. You'll also want to enchant your gear when possible and find the hidden skill books and boons and the like. You may also want to pay for a companion for boss battles once they are implemented. (There is a chance companions will be available in V0.13, but it is more likely that they will be a 0.14 feature.) Hardcore will make everything harder, but places an emphasis on toughening elite enemies. I haven't tested this much, so it may require some fine-tuning based on tester feedback.

Here are the details of how combat difficulty influences gameplay:

Easy:
    * +10% damage done by the player and -10% damage done by all enemies
    * +15% class bonus damage (melee for warrior, ranged for rogue, and magic for mage)
    * Reduced chance for critical damage to cause a lingering injury (for both player and enemies)
    * Reduced chance for untreated injuries to advance to a more severe stage
    * Reduced cooldown time for player's special ability
    * Enemies get less roll advantage applied than the player does for unlucky roll streaks
    * Extra starting gold given by queen (also depends on dialog choices during intro)

Normal: (default)
    * Standard damage done by the player and standard damage done by all enemies
    * +10% class bonus damage (melee for warrior, ranged for rogue, and magic for mage)
    * Standard chance for critical damage to cause a lingering injury (for both player and enemies)
    * Standard chance for untreated injuries to advance to a more severe stage
    * Standard cooldown time for player's special ability
    * Enemies get the same advantage applied as the player for unlucky roll streaks
    * Standard starting gold given by queen (also depends on dialog choices during intro)

Hard:
    * -10% damage done by the player and +10% damage done by all enemies
    * +5% class bonus damage (melee for warrior, ranged for rogue, and magic for mage)
    * Increased chance for critical damage to cause a lingering injury (for both player and enemies)
    * Increased chance for untreated injuries to advance to a more severe stage
    * Increased cooldown time for player's special ability
    * Enemies get a greater roll advantage applied than the player does for unlucky roll streaks
    * Reduced starting gold given by queen (also depends on dialog choices during intro)

New Hardcore: (Coming in next update) Applies everything from hard mode, plus...
    * Regular enemies get +10% hit points and +10% action points (allowing them to move and attack more during their round)
    * Elite enemies get +20% hit points and +20% action points (will make one, two and three star elite enemies much more dangerous)
    * Enemy crit rolls get a +10 advantage (making critical hits from enemies a little more common)
    * Healing outside of combat reduced by 20% (increasing the need for consumables and potions)
    Amaranth
    Curious Newbie
    Curious Newbie

Post by Amaranth »

Hello!

I am interested in trying out the alpha if a link is available.
    oleks
    Curious Newbie
    Curious Newbie
    I am a: Switch

Post by oleks »

I would love to get alpha link
    nocnoc
    Explorer At Heart
    Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I just wanted to give a heads up that a major version update will push to the tester link soon for those that want to finish a playthrough before save data becomes incompatible. It should be out in under a week.
    nocnoc
    Explorer At Heart
    Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

Alpha 0.13.0 is now live on the tester link. I'll post the release notes soon. You may message me if you would like the tester link.
    nocnoc
    Explorer At Heart
    Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

Summary of biggest changes: I was really hoping to get companions for hire into this V0.13.0 update, but alas, there wasn’t enough time. The Milovana site recently went through some major updates and that left the EOS editor quite wonky for a while, so I was unable to work on the game during that time. However, in the long run, the smoother and faster running editor should speed up future development. I spent those weeks gathering and editing over a thousand images for future content, so it wasn’t a total loss. The companions will be my number one priority for the next major update, but I may release a smaller update with some additional town scenes first. Anyway, with that said, this update still features some nice new content. Details will follow, but the biggest additions are 4 new quests and a new hardcore difficulty mode that many testers were asking for. Some of the quests have so many branching options based on dialogue choices, player class and dominance of the ladies that I really struggled to test it all, even with the cheat console. (Fingers crossed, but please let me know if you discover a broken path.) I also converted two of the vendors to full NPCs. (The remaining 4 will also be upgraded at some point.) This means that they now come to life with many more pictures and you can also influence their dominance as well as their disposition. I decided to focus on the sisters Miley (magic shop) and Scarlet (potion shop) first. (Dominique the armorer will likely be next.)

-----> Release Notes <-----

--- New Content ---

* Two enhanced NPCs (Miley and Scarlet) *

- Miley is now a full NPC with a lot of pictures (Yunyun from Konosuba). She has much more of a personality, and you can now influence her dominance with dialogue choices and so forth. She’s a bit more mage focused and has some special dialog for that class. Her punishments will depend on her dominance. She can now give two new quests (remember quests often need prerequisites met before they will trigger), one a simple ectoplasm collection quest that has a funny ending and a more elaborate quest that has you searching around the bathhouse for her lost ring. More details on these quests below.

- Scarlet is now a full NPC with a lot of pictures (Wiz from Konosuba). She has much more of a personality, and you can now influence her dominance with dialog choices and so forth. Her punishments will depend on her dominance.

* Three new NPCs (Emilia, Ishtar, and Eresh) *

- You’ll meet Emilia during the new quest to find Miley’s ring in the bathhouse. This cute elf girl won’t be a major character, but she’ll probably get a few town scenes eventually.

- Princess Ishtar is the fraternal twin of Eresh. You meet her during the new Naughty Girls quest that is given around level 6 by Mya and Queen Jenya. She will be developed much more in the future with town scenes, and she’ll be moving into the private quarters in the palace after the questline is completed.

- Princess Eresh is the fraternal twin of Ishtar. You meet her during the new Naughty Girls quest that is given around level 6 by Mya and Queen Jenya. She will be developed much more in the future with town scenes, and she’ll be moving into the private quarters in the palace after the questline is completed.

* Four new quests * (Partial spoiler warning!)

- Ectoplasm: Miley might send you to collect ectoplasm from the Psyons in the northern graveyard. This is a simple fetch quest, but it has a cute ending. This is the first quest that makes use of the new game engine upgrade that allows for quest specific drops.

- A Steamy Search: Miley lost her ring in the bathhouse behind the brothel, and you must go find it for her. This triggers some fun new sexy scenes. This one has class specific branching. There are always two ways to complete it. One way is shared by all 3 classes, but the second completion option varies by class, creating some nice replay value.

- Naughty Girls: This is a very elaborate quest with many branching paths. Around level 6 or so, Mya will tell you that the queen wants to see you. (You must also have met priestess Barbara.) There are rumors that the princesses (Ishtar and Eresh) are up to some disgraceful behavior in the residential district. You are sent to investigate. You can have a huge influence on their fate. You may opt to push for both to be punished, one or the other to be punished, or advocate for mercy. If you go the punishment route, kinky scenes may play out in the town garden, palace dungeon, and palace private quarters. I really need help testing all these options. Additionally, depending on your choices, they may opt to get revenge on you in the town garden with very elaborate punishment scenes all of which have branching options as well. This quest contains some futa content (a fetish that I have received multiple requests to get into the game).

- Amber’s Report: This is a very elaborate quest with MANY possible reward endings. After you rescue the scout Amber from the forest during Mya’s quest, you can visit Amber in the residential district. If you ask her about her enchanted goggles, you may opt to deliver the report on her field research to either Priestess Ariel or Head Librarian Kendall. Each NPC offers a wide variety or elaborate reward scenes and each of these in turn also has branching options that may even depend on their dominance level and your class. Please help me test these. Both ladies have a kinky footjob reward option. Ariel has a really kinky option that may have her agree to being tied up for bondage play, and that scene has inventory related options. (You’ll definitely want to have rope handy, but even better still would be to have a rare bondage kit in your inventory.) All of these options can greatly influence the disposition and dominance of these NPCs. You can also get a new boon out of this quest that gives you a roll advantage against sneak attacks.

* Game Engine Upgrades *

- The engine can now handle quest specific and class specific loot drops. The quest specific feature is used in the new ectoplasm fetch quest, but the class specific option is not yet utilized.

- Sin system added. Right now, this is little more than a number that appears on your character sheet, but it will be a major factor for the upcoming inquisition content. It will be something you’ll have to manage and Priestess Barbara now explains the system when you meet her. You can tribute Milovana’s shrine at the church to cleanse you of sin. Probably two updates from now, the Inquisition will hunt you down and give the most extreme punishments in the game if you let your sin get too high without tributing the shrine. Of course masochists will love to temp fate LOL. I’m excited about this feature and I’ve already done some writing and image collection for it. Sin goes up whenever an NPC gets lowered disposition or dominance and whenever you gain sexual XP. Stay tuned!

* Miscellaneous *

- A new hardcore difficulty option has been added by very popular demand. This has the biggest influence on combat with elite enemies. A few posts up, I detailed the combat difficulty effects, so see above.

- A new boon that offers defense against sneak attacks that can me gained during the new Amber’s Report quest.

- New and improved images for the Angels and Demons mini game in the tavern.

- Mya’s tips are now more clearly labeled as game hints to better distinguish them from her general dialogue.

- Some changing room scenes now provide sexual xp.

- Some dialog has been added and adjusted here and there to help better explain a change in player appearance related to your soul not having yet settled on a specific avatar yet. (Like during jobs in the tavern.)

--- Bug Fixes ---

- There was still a lingering bug that could cause a new player to get two instead of one special ability at the start of the game. I thought I had fixed this previously. Anyway, it should be all set now. Please let me know if you ever start with two instead of one special ability.

- Several typos were corrected. Please feel free to report typos. I hate them.

Upcoming plans (always subject to change): I may put out a minor release with some town scenes. The next major update will focus on the companion system. This will introduce some new NPCs and add some richness to the combat system. This is a major undertaking. :huh:

Those interested in playing the game can message me for the alpha tester link. I’m still hoping to have a public “beta” out by the end of summer, but I’m a bit behind schedule at the moment. :wave: