Legend of the Psyons - Huge RPG Estim Project - Now open-ish alpha - Bug reporting and feedback

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Legend of the Psyons - Huge RPG Estim Project - Now open-ish alpha - Bug reporting and feedback

Post by nocnoc »

*** UPDATE 2-22-2023 *** :wave:

Legend of the Psyons is now in alpha. If you'd like to test the game, you may message me for the link and share that link with others. This RPG adventure game features dozens of hours of eStim femdom content, tens of thousands of lines of code, tens of thousands of lines of dialog, thousands of pictures and a lot of replay value with impactful player choices. There is a learning curve, like a complex tabletop RPG, so this isn't for those that don't like reading and don't want to explore a large, complex world with a lot of lore. If you haven't tried the game for a few versions, this is a great time to jump back in to see what's improved and provide feedback.

By the way, plenty of people report enjoying the game without eStim, so don't let the lack of such a device prevent you from checking it out. You certainly lose a unique, immersive game mechanic, but you may still have fun.

*** ORIGINAL POST BELOW ***

This thread is here to allow selected alpha testers to post feedback, report bugs, typographical errors and so forth. Please understand that that a pre-alpha release indicates a project that is still in very early stages. Much more content is coming. I'm hoping that your help will help me turn this estim tease and denial role playing game ( ESTADRPG ? ;-) ) into something special. Beware that there may be bugs, typos and so forth. A few of the 17 quests can not be fully completed yet. You may see references to people and places not yet in the game. Knowing that a few dozen alpha testers are enjoying the game will help motivate me to continue working on the project.

Reporting Bugs: Please be as specific as you can about the issue. If you think it is relevant, please include details of your computer, operating system, browser, and the version of the game and the version of the saved data (more on that below). Also report if you used the cheat console in any way and which cheat command you used during that playthrough. I'm most interested in ridding the game of crashes, progression obstacles, and xp/gold exploits.

General Feedback: I'd love to hear about your overall experience and hear about your adventures. Did you get an epic loot drop? Did you make a discovery that you missed on your first playthough? feel free to help each other out on this thread and give each other tips, but please utilize spoiler warning when applicable. I'd also like to get a sense of class balance, so please consider playing as all three player classes (warrior, rogue and mage).

Estim Feedback: Please specify your device. This pre-alpha is primarily designed for DIY or similar analog commercial devices. If you have a DIY and a commercial unit, I'd be interested in comparisons. I will eventually make custom sound files and calibration for the 2B and other devices, but that won't be for a while, as I'll have to get the device and rewrite very complex sound files. Some of the sounds use very fast pulses, which probably won't register on the 2B and other digital devices. The fine-tuning page lets you try four pleasure files and four pain files. Please report which ones work or cause problems on specific devices. As several alpha testers only have a 2B, perhaps you can help each other find settings that are passable for the time being.

Game Manual: Unfortunately, I've only had time to write about a third of the manual so far. Please look to see if your question about gameplay or rules etc. is already addressed in the manual before asking me. Feel free to help each other figure stuff out until I get around to finishing the manual.

Cheat Console: The pre-alpha has developer mode turned on. This enables the cheat "console" button on the main menu. I have not had time to write up instructions for using the cheats yet, but it does list the available commands. Beware that some cheats could cause game instability!!! Perhaps the more technologically inclined alpha testers can help others figure out how to use the cheat engine until I get around to documenting that feature. Developer also turns on the ability to save from any location. Normally, yo can only save from the Temple of the Gear in western Domitrix. If you want the vanilla game experience, limit yourself to saving from that location.

Updates and Saves: I'll be pushing out updates from time to time. The version number will update for changes other than those of the most trivial nature, such as a typo fix. The version number will be indicated on the main menu. Some changes will break existing game saves. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable. However, I added fairly powerful detection that will inform you when your saved data version does not match the current game version and will give you an educated guess as to the probability of issues. You'll have the option to continue the load (in most cases) or abort to avoid a possible crash. The saved system is a bit odd because of Eos limitations. I had to use a hex text dump that you manually copy and paste to save and load your games. With a little practice, I find it is fast and easy to use, though a bit clunky. The game has robust error detection for the game data, so it shouldn't crash the game even if you make an error in this process.

Note: I'll be leaving on vacation for about a week in two days, so my interactions will be rather limited during that time.

Happy testing, happy holidays and happy new year! :-D
Last edited by nocnoc on Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 10 times in total.
qatguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch
Sub/Slave(s): I'm a switch

but mostly a sissy submissive

Re: Legend of the Psyons - Closed pre-alpha tester feedback & bug reporting

Post by qatguy »

please allow me to be in the Alpha testing!!!
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I pushed out a small update to fix a bug that could impact a saved file when entering the graveyard. If you got the message: "Missing data component: description" when loading a saved file, the issue should be fixed, but the impacted save file may be unrecoverable. I also fixed a small bug related to looking at the waterfall outside of the palace. I think I caught these early enough to avoid a version update.
Last edited by nocnoc on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILuvPlanes208
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ILuvPlanes208 »

::Playing as a Rogue::
At the beginning of "intro", "girlfriend" is spelled incorrectly.
Game freezes when you look at the "waterfall" (FIXED)
Once entering the graveyard, under "look", "the "Tombstones" button is spelled incorrectly.

This is what I have come across so far. Otherwise, it looks amazing and cannot wait for future updates! So much potential. Amazing job!
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

ILuvPlanes208 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:13 am ::Playing as a Rogue::
At the beginning of "intro", "girlfriend" is spelled incorrectly.
Game freezes when you look at the "waterfall" (FIXED)
Once entering the graveyard, under "look", "the "Tombstones" button is spelled incorrectly.
I hate typographical errors so much. Thank you for finding these. Both fixed. I also fixed a bit of repetitive wording in the intro. Pushed this correction out to the pre-alpha at 6:45 AM Eastern Time. In general, typo and grammar corrections won't need a version number increase.

For fixes that may break save files, I'll try to make multiple corrections before pushing out a new version number, unless it is a very large bug that may ruin the experience of many testers.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I am tracking down a bug that can can cause the game to think that save data is corrupt if you look at the cards in Raven's room. Early testing indicates that it is linked to the sneak check that takes place when you do so. I'm looking into it now. For now, don't look at the cards in Raven's room.

- UPDATE: Tracked down, fixed and pushed out. If you got a corrupted/tampered data error when loading the save, you can try again with the same data and it should work now.

For those interested in the details: This was an interesting bug, and I was lucky to have found it as it occurred only in a very specific case. This demonstrates why thorough testing is needed. I recently added a fairly sophisticated system meant to prevent "look spamming" with respect to sneak checks for spotting hidden items and so forth. It applies a timed penalty on a sliding scale if used too often. The penalty is stored in the player object. My error was that I allowed this timer to count down each second even when the game was paused. Thus, when loading a save file, there was a chance that the penalty counter could be updated on either side of loading the data and validating that data with a salted hash check, causing it to suspect altered game data. To fix this, I made the penalty only count down when the game isn't paused. The main menu pauses the game, so this can no longer occur while loading data.
Last edited by nocnoc on Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelis
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kaelis »

Hi! Alpha Tester here with a bug report:

After a 2 and a half hour run of LOTP this arvo, found the following things:
  • 1. Noticed a typo in the graveyard - under the look tab the Tombstone button is spelled "Tomstone".

2. Combat is great! There's enough depth for the fighting to be interesting, the flavour text is great, and the monster / enemy sprites contrasted against the "psychic attacks" is really cool. I approve greatly!

3. The dialogue in the Weapons shop cannot be skipped through, unlike the other shop owners.

4. The shops themselves are lovely, the characters feel distinct and unique without being caricatures, the artwork you've selected lends itself brilliantly as set-dressing and the buy/steal/sell mechanic is great!

5. This is more of a query - when you fail a skill-check (e.g. sneaking to grab a raven) the game displays a number related to that check. Is this number: A) The new value you need to roll to pass the next check or B) The roll that would have been required for the check that you just failed.
Over all I'm loving it!
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

Kaelis wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:26 pm 3. The dialogue in the Weapons shop cannot be skipped through, unlike the other shop owners.

5. This is more of a query - when you fail a skill-check (e.g. sneaking to grab a raven) the game displays a number related to that check. Is this number: A) The new value you need to roll to pass the next check or B) The roll that would have been required for the check that you just failed.[/list]
Over all I'm loving it!
3) Can another person check this please. I am able to click through the dialog in the weapon shop as fast as I'd like.

5) If it says "Sneak Check (30): Failed" it means you lost a die roll against a 30 sided die. So if you had a sneak skill of 20, your roll of a 20 sided die would have to tie or beat the roll of the 30 sided die.
ILuvPlanes208
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ILuvPlanes208 »

I don't recall having any issues with dialogue in the weapons shop. The "pink" text you cannot click through and can take awhile to go to the next text. I can't say I wouldn't mind the dialogue boxes moving a little bit quicker.

I have a 2b and here were my issues:
Pleasure test sound #2 was not felt in low, medium and high.
Pain test sound #1 was extremely low and barely felt or not felt at all in low, medium and high.

Question about the "fine tune". When you increase or decrease the volume for the 4 files, are you changing ONLY that file or are you changing all of them still? A back button would be nice in the calibration as I have accidentally clicked confirm and it goes on to the next one.

Would it be possible to customize some of the stim files? Such as in the weapons shop where you are tortured with the rose. Is it possible to only play sound from channel A and when you are fisted only play sound from channel B to increase the realism? (Assuming you're connected to penis on A and Anal on B).

Maybe I missed it or I am just not familiar with this type of game due to never playing RPG, but I am a bit confused on what all the Cheat selections are and what I am capable of doing. I used "Skillup 100" to get through a opponent quicker, but it seems I am not able to decrease the skills. So if not, possible to add a skilldown option?

I am using Firefox as my browser and followed instructions on how to open the map for Firefox, but I am still not able to get it to show anything. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Loving it so far! Happy to already come across some fetishes already and hope there are many more later in the game! Keep up the good work!
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

ILuvPlanes208 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:22 pm I don't recall having any issues with dialogue in the weapons shop. The "pink" text you cannot click through and can take awhile to go to the next text. I can't say I wouldn't mind the dialogue boxes moving a little bit quicker.

I have a 2b and here were my issues:
Pleasure test sound #2 was not felt in low, medium and high.
Pain test sound #1 was extremely low and barely felt or not felt at all in low, medium and high.

Question about the "fine tune". When you increase or decrease the volume for the 4 files, are you changing ONLY that file or are you changing all of them still? A back button would be nice in the calibration as I have accidentally clicked confirm and it goes on to the next one.

Would it be possible to customize some of the stim files? Such as in the weapons shop where you are tortured with the rose. Is it possible to only play sound from channel A and when you are fisted only play sound from channel B to increase the realism? (Assuming you're connected to penis on A and Anal on B).

Maybe I missed it or I am just not familiar with this type of game due to never playing RPG, but I am a bit confused on what all the Cheat selections are and what I am capable of doing. I used "Skillup 100" to get through a opponent quicker, but it seems I am not able to decrease the skills. So if not, possible to add a skilldown option?

I am using Firefox as my browser and followed instructions on how to open the map for Firefox, but I am still not able to get it to show anything. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Loving it so far! Happy to already come across some fetishes already and hope there are many more later in the game! Keep up the good work!
You can use: set skillname # in the cheat to set any skill to any number. For example: "set sneak 30" I'll be posting instructions for the cheat menu at some point. For now, use it with caution as some of those commands can cause stability issues if used in certain ways at certain times.

You should be able to click through the pink text as fast as you'd like. I wonder if this is browser specific or something or perhaps a bit of lag. We'll have to get more data on this I think.

I suspected that the 2B in particular would require custom sound files. It struggles with fast pulses. Pleasure #2 uses the fastest pulses and is a very interesting sensation on an analog device. The 2B will be the first box to get custom files down the road. I wish you had an analog device to try... you would love it! I waited far too long to build mine. Even with the custom files, I fear the 2B will still be a subpar experience, but I'll do my best once I get the device at some point.

The fine tune is for all files. You are fine tuning the six volumes and it provides several actual game sounds to pick from for the most realistic tests. It also helps people with digital boxes to see if all of the sounds register correctly, which I already strongly suspected that they would not for some digital boxes. Pleasure sound #2 doesn't work on my Sensavox either, but is by far my favorite pleasure sound on my DIY.

I gave a lot of thought to the two channel approach, but it didn't fit the theme of the storyline, which is the notion that in the world of Milovana, thought and reality are blurred. Since men think with their cocks, all damage results in feeling pain in the genitals. (The reason behind Milovana working like this will eventually be revealed.) I'm not ruling the idea out though, as I do enjoy that feature in other teases.

The Firefox browser has a tricky console. You may not have the right window open or the right filter settings. The console on Chrome and Edge is much easier to use. You could also watch a Youtube video on it perhaps. Also, I think on Firefox the console has to be open before to click on print map.

By the way, have you leveled up yet? Not that you'd need to... skillup 100 would turn you into a god amongst mortal women lol. Have you tried the save game feature?
ILuvPlanes208
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ILuvPlanes208 »

I have leveled up to 2 and I saved a game, exited, opened in Edge and loaded it without issue. I also got the map to work in Edge. I will try and reduce my stats using skill set.

Edit: What format do I need to type set skillname # in? I have tried it a few different ways and haven’t gotten it to work. For example to set my HP?

I am coming across a good bit of pink text in the shops that I cannot click through until the last pink text box.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

ILuvPlanes208 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:27 pm I have leveled up to 2 and I saved a game, exited, opened in Edge and loaded it without issue. I also got the map to work in Edge. I will try and reduce my stats using skill set.

Edit: What format do I need to type set skillname # in? I have tried it a few different ways and haven’t gotten it to work. For example to set my HP?

I am coming across a good bit of pink text in the shops that I cannot click through until the last pink text box.
HP is not a skill, it is a main stat based largely on your constitution skill. Type: set constitution 20

You can see your 8 skills on the character sheet page. When I come back from vacation, I'll type up some cheat console instructions.

I'm baffled as to why some people report not able to click-to-skip the dialog in the shop intros. It is definitely set to click-to-skip for all of that pink text dialog. I'll have to look into this more and get more results from other testers.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I found the issue with the inability to skip ahead. It will take me a while to fix though. Starting to work on that now.

EDIT: OK, I think most of the click-to-skip issues should be fixed. There may be a few that linger as it required manual editing of a lot of Eos boxes. Please be on the lookout for the issue. Just about all dialog should be click-to-skip so that you don't have to painfully wait during a third or fourth playthrough. I made a very silly mistake with that and I usually test in developer mode, which allows me to skip things that are not skippable and didn't catch that.
phoopha
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by phoopha »

I have tried it with my 2B and found the sound just fine. As per instructions, I set my PC volume to 50% and my 2B to about 15. I think the lowest pleasure setting was calibrated to about 18%.

Whilst, I'm not sure if I could cum playing the game, I was certainly leaking.

The battles are pretty cool. I couldn't workout how to buy anything in the shops though, as it wasn't given as an option.

I read some of the instruction pages, but eventually just jumped in, as I found having so many pages of instructions quite daunting. Maybe a printable file at some point might be a nice idea, that way it can be kept to hand whilst playing.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

phoopha wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:03 pm I have tried it with my 2B and found the sound just fine. As per instructions, I set my PC volume to 50% and my 2B to about 15. I think the lowest pleasure setting was calibrated to about 18%.

Whilst, I'm not sure if I could cum playing the game, I was certainly leaking.

The battles are pretty cool. I couldn't workout how to buy anything in the shops though, as it wasn't given as an option.

I read some of the instruction pages, but eventually just jumped in, as I found having so many pages of instructions quite daunting. Maybe a printable file at some point might be a nice idea, that way it can be kept to hand whilst playing.
I'm surprised it worked that well on a 2B. That is interesting news.

Just select "Do" and then "Purchase".

The rules can be a bit daunting. I am an old school gamer, and this game is meant to bring back that 80's nostalgia of deep character development and sophisticated battle mechanics, much like table top games or text adventure game that tries to emulate them. There is a learning curve, but I think those that delve into it will find it rewarding to do so. I made some of the most important concepts available in NPC dialog as well. I like your idea for a printable file. Once I complete the manual, I could make it print to the console and the player could print it from that window.
Last edited by nocnoc on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.