[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
wmounted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Post by wmounted »

diglet wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:40 pm Sure aliexpress and amazon sell crap power supplies. But are you sure you can't source one from a reputable brand?

If you want to use batteries, you can try looking for an USB-C powerbank that supports one of the power delivery standards. I did a search for local options and found "Xiaomi Powerbank 20.000 mAh V3" which supports 5, 9 and 12v output with the appropriate cable. You will need an USB-C to 12v cable such as this one from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006 ... pt=glo2nld), these will only work if your powerbank supports 12v. Support for 12v is optional in the USB-PD standard, not all power banks support this.

This does sound a lot easier than messing around with bare batteries. The circuitry in the power bank will keep the voltage stable at 12v until the battery is dead.

As for power usage, with efficient waveforms my stimbox draws max 2w from the wall (including conversion losses). With inefficient waveforms it can go up to around 10w. You should be able to get quite some run time out of a normal powerbank.
You are right, this definitely seems like the easiest and safest option. I had no idea power banks could provide 12V. Now i feel stupid for trying to mess around with bare batteries.

I hope you right about max power draw, It seems most powerbanks only support ~1.5A at 12V.

I'm steering clear of mains power. I don't want even the slightest risk of barbecuing my sausage. :lol:

Thanks for the help :thumbsup: I'll give an update once I've built the powerbox.
picofarad
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by picofarad »

Thanks for all the help from the pioneers here.

I just completed my new setup. I have been breadboarding it but just finished soldering everything in my aux. box. I choose to go with a completed Bluetooth amp and build a box for the contacts, transformers, and current limiting resistors. It's nice to have a clean setup rather than jumper cables strewn about.

Details and helpful comments are in this thread viewtopic.php?t=26748
Mistypanda22
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Mistypanda22 »

i managed to complete my box but im having trouble getting it to work properly. idk if its because of user error or a wrong setup tbh.

ive tested it with the multimeter (mostly using continuity to see if the electrodes are indeed working properly)
and ive noticed that either my multimeter cant properly give a good audio output at different stim strengths, or my stim may be a lil faulty.
i tried testing it with the leads but to no avail. and having tested the leads themselves, im lead to believe that they dont have any continuity
that led me to try and test the electrode ends themselves, and the multimeter says they are working the same as the entrance, but i dont really feel anything when putting it to my leg.

im a lil lost on if im doing something wrong, or if i need to do something else

is there a specific site or software that people use for this stuff? or is it flat out giving the box an audio and it spits out current? idk
please help me cum v2
woooooooo! birthday on 2/18!
picofarad
Explorer
Explorer

Post by picofarad »

i managed to complete my box but im having trouble getting it to work properly. idk if its because of user error or a wrong setup tbh.

ive tested it with the multimeter (mostly using continuity to see if the electrodes are indeed working properly)
and ive noticed that either my multimeter cant properly give a good audio output at different stim strengths, or my stim may be a lil faulty.
Not sure what's all in your build but a couple of comments:
  • When you say you're checking continuity, you have a setting on your meter such that when you touch your two probes together it beeps? Or are you using a DC ohm resistance? Regardless, your device should not be powered on when doing so or you will blow a fuse in your meter or worse fry it. Such a setting can help identify loose wires, bad connections, or colder soldered joints. Always good to do so on any project.
  • As to test equipment for measuring the output the multimeter is not ideal, an oscilloscope would be better
  • Probably the best thing to do is to carefully trace all your wiring and ensure that you hooked it up as it should be, that generally resolves most electronic kit problems.
Mistypanda22
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mistypanda22 »

when i touch 2 places, it beeps. i tried that and was able to get varying beeping sounds depending on the signal and volume, so that was good. my main issue/ confusion is if there is indeed a good enough current going through it, why cant i feel it on my leg for instance?

i sadly dont have an osciloscope. i COULD take it to school one day and test it there, but idk

i carefully traced the wires as i was putting them in, and triple checked before even plugging it in. i am pretty confident that at the very least its connected somewhat properly. as im actually getting a signal and can vary it
the build i ended up doing was this.
Spoiler: show
https://i.imgur.com/NFh6EpD.png
please help me cum v2
picofarad
Explorer
Explorer

Post by picofarad »

if there is indeed a good enough current going through it, why cant i feel it on my leg for instance?
I'm not recommending you do this, but it is what I do.

With both electrodes (are they metal or conductive rubber?) on the same leg and with a conductive gel (salt water can work too) see if you can feel something as you turn up the volume. Having a good steady source like one of the calibration routines found in the various web teases would work. It may take more power and I'm always sure I have the ability to quickly kill the power.

I usually set the computer volume low, and the amp at 25% and work my way up.
Mistypanda22
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mistypanda22 »

picofarad wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:27 pm
if there is indeed a good enough current going through it, why cant i feel it on my leg for instance?
I'm not recommending you do this, but it is what I do.

With both electrodes (are they metal or conductive rubber?) on the same leg and with a conductive gel (salt water can work too) see if you can feel something as you turn up the volume. Having a good steady source like one of the calibration routines found in the various web teases would work. It may take more power and I'm always sure I have the ability to quickly kill the power.

I usually set the computer volume low, and the amp at 25% and work my way up.
they are rubber. i know voltage at the very least passes through them, but pressing them onto my leg and fiddling with the sound and calibration, i didnt feel anything
please help me cum v2
picofarad
Explorer
Explorer

Post by picofarad »

they are rubber. i know voltage at the very least passes through them, but pressing them onto my leg and fiddling with the sound and calibration, i didnt feel anything
They are high resistance and as such I almost never use them. It takes a lot more power to feel a sensation through them. Nevertheless, I'm surprised you're not feeling anything when the power is turned up on your source and on the amp.

One thing you can do, assuming you have a good multimeter. First, measure the resistance from the wire to the rubber pad.
Next, with both pads on the same leg, and have them close but not touching, measure the resistance (at the leads). It may be high, but you should get a reading, if not use a damp, green scouring pad on your skin to get off the dead skin and then try measuring again. If it infinite, then the pads are really not working as electrodes. Almost all my electrodes are metal, and I always use a conductive gel.
Mistypanda22
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mistypanda22 »

picofarad wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:26 am
They are high resistance and as such I almost never use them. It takes a lot more power to feel a sensation through them. Nevertheless, I'm surprised you're not feeling anything when the power is turned up on your source and on the amp.

One thing you can do, assuming you have a good multimeter. First, measure the resistance from the wire to the rubber pad.
Next, with both pads on the same leg, and have them close but not touching, measure the resistance (at the leads). It may be high, but you should get a reading, if not use a damp, green scouring pad on your skin to get off the dead skin and then try measuring again. If it infinite, then the pads are really not working as electrodes. Almost all my electrodes are metal, and I always use a conductive gel.
i just tested the resistance of the rubber leads themselves and while the wire is somewhere around .3 ohms, the rubber leads are a whopping 75K ohms i think.

what kind of electrodes do you recommend? ones that are preferably reusable. i defaulted to these rubber leads simply because i knew they were generally reusable, but moreso because they were just lying around the house (unfortunately i bet these leads are well over 4 years old, so it wouldn't be surprising if THEY were my problem). if there's a better alternative that is also plenty reusable (I'm not to fond of those gel pads or whatever), i would love to try it out instead
please help me cum v2
picofarad
Explorer
Explorer

Post by picofarad »

what kind of electrodes do you recommend?
Depends on placement. As to material I prefer Aluminum, cooper, stainless steel. No chrome or nickel.
Lately, I find a stainless-steel urethra sound to be a great electrode, but many do not want to try that. I find a bronze grounding clamp to be excellent for the scrotum. You can't beat dual butt probes; Mr. S has a very good selection. For thigh electrodes one can go to the hardware store and get 10' of coiled 1/4" copper refrigerator tubing. Very flexible and a good choice for the common (-) electrode.
https://www.amazon.com/Industries-G-2-S ... B013IDBHFC
https://www.amazon.com/KWOKWEI-Refriger ... MRLPR?th=1
wmounted
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wmounted »

I'm nearly finished assembling my powerbox, but i could use some help in verifying that all the wiring is correct.
I underestimated the size of resistors, resulting in a tightly packed and messy setup. I had to remove some parts from the case for the attached photo.
1.jpg
1.jpg (608.71 KiB) Viewed 464 times

I'm using a transformer from Parts Express, and I noticed it has the 70V 0.62W tap on the same side where the amplifier connects. Can you confirm if this is correct?
Here's the link to the transformer:
https://www.parts-express.com/70V-10W-L ... quantity=1

Additionally, I measured the 3.9 ohm resistors with a cheap multimeter, and they're reading around 4.7 ohms. Should I be concerned about this ?

Lastly, I'd appreciate some recommendations for audio files to help me get started. :love:
wmounted
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wmounted »

wmounted wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:10 am I'm nearly finished assembling my powerbox, but i could use some help in verifying that all the wiring is correct.
I underestimated the size of resistors, resulting in a tightly packed and messy setup. I had to remove some parts from the case for the attached photo.
1.jpg

I'm using a transformer from Parts Express, and I noticed it has the 70V 0.62W tap on the same side where the amplifier connects. Can you confirm if this is correct?
Here's the link to the transformer:
https://www.parts-express.com/70V-10W-L ... quantity=1

Additionally, I measured the 3.9 ohm resistors with a cheap multimeter, and they're reading around 4.7 ohms. Should I be concerned about this ?

Lastly, I'd appreciate some recommendations for audio files to help me get started. :love:
So, I decided to give it a test run. First, I tried it out on one of my legs. As soon as I flipped the switch, I got quite a jolt that nearly lifted my leg off the ground. Luckily, I have separate switches for power and electrodes. Maybe if I had a single toggle switch like the one in the diagram, this wouldn't have happened. Anyway, I quickly solved it by turning on the power switch while the electrodes switch was off, and vice versa before cutting power to the unit.

I started with the volume knob at its lowest position and gradually turned it up. I could only rotate it less than a quarter of the way before it started feeling like I was getting shocked.

After ensuring it was safe to use on low volume, I tried it on my penis. Interestingly, it seemed like my penis could handle more electricity than my leg. I could turn the volume knob at least a quarter of the way, but any more than that, and it felt like I was getting shocked (depending on the audio file). Is this normal? I used rubber loops and water-based lube, didn't have much stinging.

The main issue I encountered during my estim session was the intensity jumping from almost nothing to very intense power whenever there was a significant change in amplitude on the audio file. I tried several files from the StimAddict's archive, but I had the same problem with all of them. I had to consistently adjust the volume knob to enjoy it. I found it hard to maintain an erection during my hour and a half session, maybe I had one for only about 10 minutes. Even that probably thanks to visual simulation.

After my experience, I have to say it felt exactly like what it is: getting electrocuted on the penis. I didn't enjoy it much, and I don't think I'll be trying it again for a while.

One more thing, once I was adjusting one of the silicone loop electrodes and accidentally dropped it. When I immediately tried to pick it up (IK this was very dumb, i did it instinctively), boy, I couldn't hold onto it; it was giving me very intense electric shocks. Is this normal if you touch a single electrode without it being connected to the body?
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

wmounted wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:48 pm I started with the volume knob at its lowest position and gradually turned it up. I could only rotate it less than a quarter of the way before it started feeling like I was getting shocked.

After ensuring it was safe to use on low volume, I tried it on my penis. Interestingly, it seemed like my penis could handle more electricity than my leg. I could turn the volume knob at least a quarter of the way, but any more than that, and it felt like I was getting shocked (depending on the audio file). Is this normal? I used rubber loops and water-based lube, didn't have much stinging.

The main issue I encountered during my estim session was the intensity jumping from almost nothing to very intense power whenever there was a significant change in amplitude on the audio file. I tried several files from the StimAddict's archive, but I had the same problem with all of them. I had to consistently adjust the volume knob to enjoy it. I found it hard to maintain an erection during my hour and a half session, maybe I had one for only about 10 minutes. Even that probably thanks to visual simulation.

After my experience, I have to say it felt exactly like what it is: getting electrocuted on the penis. I didn't enjoy it much, and I don't think I'll be trying it again for a while.

One more thing, once I was adjusting one of the silicone loop electrodes and accidentally dropped it. When I immediately tried to pick it up (IK this was very dumb, i did it instinctively), boy, I couldn't hold onto it; it was giving me very intense electric shocks. Is this normal if you touch a single electrode without it being connected to the body?
Something sounds not quite right. There are plenty of variables that can change the experience with Estim and there are plenty of unknowns of your described experience that make it difficult to comment on.

I personally don't use standard water-based lube for electrodes on the penis because the five types I've tried, I found the conductivity sucks and it has a very prickly and stingy feeling and they all get sticky when they dry up. If you are in the US, you can get a 2 pack of Spectra360 for about $10 or a 5 pack for about $22(just a year ago it was still $20, but it's not 2020 anymore). I use this everywhere that's not internal because it doesn't get sticky and it's cheaper than almost any brand of lube.

Electrode placement is important, I'm assuming you started with two electrode loops connected to a single channel. If you are placing one around the corona and another near the base, insulate the top half of the loop for the one at the base. If you don't the dorsal nerve gets stimulated in two places and is uncomfortable. I usually use a loop forward of the balls instead of behind the balls to avoid stimulating the back of the balls, with some experience, you might be okay with this though.

Files - I have no idea which files you are using, that giant archive has lots of good stuff, but also there's a bunch of stuff designed for the 2B, the ET312B, and other devices where the volume range, frequency, or waveform type might not be suitable for an amplifier based device. ..plus some might be designed for a 'spicy' experience.

Regarding your leg or hand - yes, the leg and especially the hand will feel much more intense, but also I've never been able to get a pleasurable experience stimming anywhere else, although I'd be interested to know if anyone managed for that to be the case.

The sensation shouldn't feel like you are being shocked, starting with a low volume, it should be set to a subtle level and a low intensity and should feel similar to the intensity of a vibrator if it were sandwiches beneath the skin.

Try using the Estim Clinic webtease with the single channel, set the computer volume lower (try 40%, but this will vary between devices) so you have more movement on the amplifier volume control and choose the option to select a person and choose Rachael to start. Most sensations should feel like a very slow grippy pulse, if it hurts, turn it down until it's comfortable.

I'm still thinking you need the Spectra360, but if you have TENS pads, you don't need lube for those and you could try that instead.
wmounted
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wmounted »

Electro wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:53 pm Something sounds not quite right. There are plenty of variables that can change the experience with Estim and there are plenty of unknowns of your described experience that make it difficult to comment on.

I personally don't use standard water-based lube for electrodes on the penis because the five types I've tried, I found the conductivity sucks and it has a very prickly and stingy feeling and they all get sticky when they dry up. If you are in the US, you can get a 2 pack of Spectra360 for about $10 or a 5 pack for about $22(just a year ago it was still $20, but it's not 2020 anymore). I use this everywhere that's not internal because it doesn't get sticky and it's cheaper than almost any brand of lube.

Electrode placement is important, I'm assuming you started with two electrode loops connected to a single channel. If you are placing one around the corona and another near the base, insulate the top half of the loop for the one at the base. If you don't the dorsal nerve gets stimulated in two places and is uncomfortable. I usually use a loop forward of the balls instead of behind the balls to avoid stimulating the back of the balls, with some experience, you might be okay with this though.

Files - I have no idea which files you are using, that giant archive has lots of good stuff, but also there's a bunch of stuff designed for the 2B, the ET312B, and other devices where the volume range, frequency, or waveform type might not be suitable for an amplifier based device. ..plus some might be designed for a 'spicy' experience.

Regarding your leg or hand - yes, the leg and especially the hand will feel much more intense, but also I've never been able to get a pleasurable experience stimming anywhere else, although I'd be interested to know if anyone managed for that to be the case.

The sensation shouldn't feel like you are being shocked, starting with a low volume, it should be set to a subtle level and a low intensity and should feel similar to the intensity of a vibrator if it were sandwiches beneath the skin.

Try using the Estim Clinic webtease with the single channel, set the computer volume lower (try 40%, but this will vary between devices) so you have more movement on the amplifier volume control and choose the option to select a person and choose Rachael to start. Most sensations should feel like a very slow grippy pulse, if it hurts, turn it down until it's comfortable.

I'm still thinking you need the Spectra360, but if you have TENS pads, you don't need lube for those and you could try that instead.
Thanks for the detailed reply! tbh, i was a bit scared after that incident with my hand, because it gave very powerful shocks to my hand, it made me worried for my penis. Your reply eases my mind.

Unfortunately, Spectra360 ain't something I can get here. I stumbled upon something called ECG supergel, though. It's supposed to be good for ECG recording, EEG, and defibrillation. do you think it's worth a shot?

I tried adding a pinch of salt to boost conductivity, but didn't notice much difference.

For the electrodes, Yes I used a single channel (right channel), with one around the corona (R+) and the other near the base forward of the balls (R-), But i didn't cover the top half of the electrode. I will definitely cover it next time. Not sure if it matters, but I'm not circumcised, so the electrode was sitting on my foreskin.

As for the audio files, I was using the following from the archive:
Electrodick - Try Me
Fallen angel's duality
Dr Orgasm's Alien genital abduction
Fallen angel's kiss-of-venus

Thanks for pointing me to the webtease and the volume tips. I'm new to all this, never used webtease before. You mean this one, right? https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=33079

I'll give it another try in a couple of days. Right now, I'm keeping a close eye on my penis to make sure everything remains normal. So far, so good.

Thanks again for the help!
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

wmounted wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:20 amThanks for the detailed reply! tbh, i was a bit scared after that incident with my hand, because it gave very powerful shocks to my hand, it made me worried for my Unfortunately, Spectra360 ain't something I can get here. I stumbled upon something called ECG supergel, though. It's supposed to be good for ECG recording, EEG, and defibrillation. do you think it's worth a shot?
Spectra360 is a product designed for ECG, TENS, and electrical monitoring. It's not approved for defibrillator use, but otherwise it sounds similar. I venture a guess that it's similar enough. I know E-Stim Systems also sells an electrogel, they are based in UK, so depends on if shipping costs are reasonable to where you live if that's feasible to try.
For the electrodes, Yes I used a single channel (right channel), with one around the corona (R+) and the other near the base forward of the balls (R-), But i didn't cover the top half of the electrode. I will definitely cover it next time. Not sure if it matters, but I'm not circumcised, so the electrode was sitting on my foreskin.
Can't speak to the foreskin part, maybe someone else can speak to whether or not being over or under where the foreskin is normally feels better when starting out. Perhaps try one and then the other with low intensity to see if one feels better than the other for you.
As for the audio files, I was using the following from the archive:
Electrodick - Try Me
Fallen angel's duality
Dr Orgasm's Alien genital abduction
Fallen angel's kiss-of-venus
I don't know about try me and I can't remember which file Dr Orgasm plagiarized without credit and renamed to be alien genital abduction.
For those two Fallen Angel files, I believe the left channel would be the best channel for the penis, at least I know for Duality the right channel was intended to be for an anal electrode.
Thanks for pointing me to the webtease and the volume tips. I'm new to all this, never used webtease before. You mean this one, right? https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=33079
yes, it's intended for the left channel to be the penis electrode. Ignore the "turn it as high as you can go" suggestion, set it so it's comfortable and if in the first few minutes in it feels uncomfortable, turn it down just enough until it is comfortable. If you click "skip ahead", you can click Rachel. Otherwise the same stim files are in Stimaddicts archive under a folder called tintin119, it has files labeled things like "masturbating" and "brunette" because those were the internal filenames of the description of the specific options. I don't remember which is which exactly, but I think the painful ones are named in an obvious way, something like cop, pain, or whip are the ones to skip.
I'll give it another try in a couple of days. Right now, I'm keeping a close eye on my penis to make sure everything remains normal. So far, so good.

Thanks again for the help!
Should be fine as long as you aren't seeing any blisters or other signs of a skin burn from bad conductivity or "hot spots", it's not uncommon to feel a little numb for a short while after stimming, usually goes away after a few hours unless stimming very intensely and/or the electrode placement wasn't great or things got a little too loose or dry.