(NavMaze) Android app (V1.0): maze escape game

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

bio8bio8
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

(NavMaze) Android app (V1.0): maze escape game

Post by bio8bio8 »

Hello everybody,
first of all: sorry for my bad english. Please, feel free to suggest correction and I'll edit the post to improve readability!

I would like to share an Android game app: NavMaze. It's a simple and customizzable game where the goal is to find the exit of a maze before... well, before it's to late :-)

The link is:
https://mega.nz/file/n1MwGQbS#aMEtYXvDx ... XKYdJhCEFo
but before downloading the file please read the following.

- Explanation (Short version)
  • Download the NavMaze_V1.0.apk file
  • Copy it on a android device (tested only on a Samsung S6)
  • Install it (you may allow your device to install unverified app)
  • Start the app. SECRET CODE: 7654
- Explanation (Long version)
NaveMaze (current version 1.0) is a game app for Android device. The goal of the game is to exit the maze while trying to not to fail and collect score points to increase your personal record. During the maze exploration you can find items to help you in your journey, while many portals may also spawn and try to stop you: you have to defeat the challenge provided by these portal before moving further. In the app settings you can tell the application what king of challenges you want to face by selecting a folder containing the images you want to show up while exploring the maze.
This app needs the authorizzation to read/write on external storage in order to work: the app will prompt a request as soon you open settings for the first time. This permission is needed to read the images folder you want to use to play the game. You can select thi folder in "Settings". Please note that only the following extension are used: ".jpg", ".png", ".bmp", ".jpeg" and ".gif", any other type of file will be ignored. You have to select a folder wich contains at least one image.
In the settings section you will find a switcher wich allow you to "hide" all images in the selected folder (and all subfolders) from the gallery. This option can be useful if you don't want your images to show up when you open your device gallery: this option is disabled by default, so be sure to check it if you want to hide your images (if left uncheck, images will be again available to the android gallery). It's important to note, also, that it requires a device reboot before changes are effective.
Another feature of this app is the low profile mode. If you start the app with a wrong secret code (see "Explanation (Short version)") the low profile mode will be automatically activated. In low profile mode the app will not show up any images and the maze will be still playable, but completed empty. Any code can start the app, but only the code you can find in this post will start the app in full mode.

FAQ

I will update this section if needed.
Is this app safe to install?
You should never install app not directly found on the android official Play Store. This app is provided as it is, with no guarantees that it will work correctly or it wont blow up your device. If you don't trust this app, I suggest to use a "test" device (if you have one), or try to install it in an Android simulator to see how it works (https://www.androidauthority.com/best-a ... pc-655308/)

Wich Smartphone do I need to run it?
Atm, this app is tested only on a Samsung S6. Any feedback are wellcome!

I have an i-phone. Can I...
No. Android only, sry.

What about privacy?
This app will never collect or store any kind of personal data. It also never requires an internet connection: this means it's add-free and no data is communicated externally. No in-app purchases are present. The read/write on the external storage authorizzation is only used to show up images in the game and to help you to hide (if you want) those images from the gallery. The app will not delete your personal files.

- Screenshots
These are the (simple) game settings:
Screenshot_20200823.png
Screenshot_20200823.png (23.27 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
The maze:
Screenshot_20200823-040842.png
Screenshot_20200823-040842.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
A challenge with its countdown bar:
Screenshot_20200823-040954.png
Screenshot_20200823-040954.png (156.96 KiB) Viewed 4064 times

EDIT - Suggestion (bug, features, ideas...)
I'll try here to keep track of any suggestion or bug report wich may be fixed/implemented in future version.
  • (feature) Possibility to select a folder outside the internal memory.
  • (bug) Many issue with the selection of the image folder. (This is a bit general, but it's just to remember me that's problems are still there. Details about this point are spread in the discussion of this thread)
  • (sugestion) Pack up the maze navigation buttons.

- Conclusion
Please, feel free to provide suggestion, report bug or just your impressions.
Last edited by bio8bio8 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: (NavMaze) Android app (V1.0): maze escape game

Post by 47dahc »

Downloaded it onto my Samsung Note9+ but couldn't get a folder selected. The default path is blank and I couldn't change it. Downloaded into my TabA 10.1" and was able to select a folder but only on internal memory. Tried going up a level to select SD Card but was unable to. Looks promising. I need to load more pics to really give it a try. Wanted to bring that up first and foremost. Also, maybe see if you can place the nav buttons closer together. Thanks.
wowpeterpaulson
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wowpeterpaulson »

Hi All,

tested on PC using BlueStacks. Works fine for me, only sound keeps getting lost after several minutes.
Also it took me some time to figure out how to select working path with images. E.g. /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/SharedFolder should work.

Great job, bio8bio8!
lesabre88
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lesabre88 »

Not working for me on LG G8x. I can't select a folder. Even using a 3rd party file manager in the internal storage there seems to be no storage/emulated/0/DCIM -- there is just a DCIM folder at the top level with nothing above it. I even tried adding a "SharedFolder" to DCIM but it doesn't see that even after restart. Folders have images.

When you click on the button to "Load Media from Folder" there is no Selected Folder listed (it's blank) and clicking the up arrow makes an audible click but does nothing. I'm guessing (beware!) that since the storage/emulated/0/DCIM folder doesn't exist it has no place to navigate up from.
bio8bio8
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by bio8bio8 »

47dahc wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:55 pm Downloaded it onto my Samsung Note9+ but couldn't get a folder selected. The default path is blank and I couldn't change it. Downloaded into my TabA 10.1" and was able to select a folder but only on internal memory. Tried going up a level to select SD Card but was unable to. Looks promising. I need to load more pics to really give it a try. Wanted to bring that up first and foremost. Also, maybe see if you can place the nav buttons closer together. Thanks.
Thank you for being the first NaveMaze tester :-D
I added a short section in my opening post were I summarize all seggestions and bug reports. I think packing the nav buttons close together is a good idea. I also tryed to do it but I feels the cover the maze too much. I still leave this suggestion "open" because I'd like to find to pack those buttons and not hide the underling maze.
I'll briefly discuss the folder problems later.
wowpeterpaulson wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:17 pm Hi All,

tested on PC using BlueStacks. Works fine for me, only sound keeps getting lost after several minutes.
Also it took me some time to figure out how to select working path with images. E.g. /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/SharedFolder should work.

Great job, bio8bio8!
Thank you!
I'll be honest. No idea about your audio problem. The app uses .mp3 track embedded in the project (it's not a generated audio). Audio is then played by the android libraries and I have no idea why after using the app for a while it fades away :w00t:
lesabre88 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:37 am Not working for me on LG G8x. I can't select a folder. Even using a 3rd party file manager in the internal storage there seems to be no storage/emulated/0/DCIM -- there is just a DCIM folder at the top level with nothing above it. I even tried adding a "SharedFolder" to DCIM but it doesn't see that even after restart. Folders have images.

When you click on the button to "Load Media from Folder" there is no Selected Folder listed (it's blank) and clicking the up arrow makes an audible click but does nothing. I'm guessing (beware!) that since the storage/emulated/0/DCIM folder doesn't exist it has no place to navigate up from.
Ok, the folder problem :\'-(.
Beside the fact you can only select folders store in you internal memory, many of you reported similar issues in the folder selection process. First af all please make sure in you device settings that the permission needed by the app is granted. The presence of the "DCIM" folder should not be mandatory: I've tryed to delete it, and it still works. Please continue to report this kind of error while we try fo fix this problems. There is a wide range of devices out there, it sounds like a simple task but it's not as easy as it looks! :)

Consider this is a "first release" so bug and fix are ofc needed. Thank you again for your reports!

(As always, sry for my bad english!)