Estim device [POLL]

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.

What is your main audio-driven estim device?

2B
32%
3rdH
3%
ET312B
18%
BT Stim
2%
Custom build
39%
Other
6%

Total votes: 284

Rillo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Estim device [POLL]

Post by Rillo »

Please vote for which estim device you use most often for Milovana estim teases.

While building estim teases, I have become curious about what estim devices (audio based) are most popular for Milovana users.
I think this information can be used by everyone to help make future estim teases that support the largest number of users.
  • If, for some reason, you find yourself split between multiple devices, please share more in the comments.
  • If you selected other, please share more details in the comments.
Thank you! :-)
BlueM00
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Estim device [POLL]

Post by BlueM00 »

If everyone had a 2B or 312B, I doubt they would use something else. I'm wondering which one would be preferred by someone who has both.
Spielers
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Spielers »

I use the ABox from e-stim
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

BlueM00 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:58 pm If everyone had a 2B or 312B, I doubt they would use something else. I'm wondering which one would be preferred by someone who has both.
There are a few people here who have more than one device(2B and DIY stereostim) and even more with combinations of devices on Socialstim, I remember at least one person discussing in the Estim bondage thread who has stereostim and a 2B. I'm curious about the feedback. I know I've read a few who have both 2B and a DIY device who preferred the DIY device.
submalewillbow123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submalewillbow123 »

I only have the 2B.

The built in modes are great. The power you get with it on mains power is really good, I am still way off maxing out the power of this box.

The reason some 2B owners also have a DIY unit is because of the 2B's stereo capabilities, which is my opinion are absolutely rubbish! (Unless the files have been specifically made to take into account the 2B's limitations)

It's all to do with the way processes audio for 'safety'. Any short signals are completely filtered out by the 2B. A DIY unit will give the best results from audio files and allow you to experience the files as intended.
golgafrincham
Explorer
Explorer

Post by golgafrincham »

I have an estim 2b and the Abox.
The 2b is much 'smoother' than the abox. I mostly use the audio input that both boxes offer. The idea of riding the same short waveform from the default settings was not appealing to me. I wanted the variety and randomness that can be created from long sound files. I had the abox before the 2b, which I bought for its triphase capabilities. What I immediately noticed was that playing the same files on the 2b would ceeate a softer, more vibrating sensation that often leaves me in a HFO. The abox though is harsher and "stabby" or "prickly". I often go back to this because I like the pain. It's just my thing...
I'm not saying the abox isn't capable of feeling real good, it is. But I am kind of saying it is harder to make the 2B feel painful.
Both run on 9v batteries and for maximum effect you really do need a new one.
Going to get the power supply cable for the 2b soon, which will give it more oomph. Can't wait.
Never tried any other boxes so can't directly compare others like rhe 312. The previous comment about the 2b stereo capabilities meaning it doesn't provide a pure signal is probably what I am explaining above as the difference between the 2b and abox. Guess I am glad I jave both to use to suit my mood
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only way to escape temptation is to yield to it.
Wilde
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

I had a 2b and 312. I sold the 2b.
The 312 has a few routines that are nice. The audio is too much processed for me to use that. Also the 312 has a couple routines that can be turned up to force the action. I never found a setting like that with the 2b.

But when I stim to a CH or other video I normally use the home brew audio stim box I made several years back.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

hosenguy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:30 pm I had a 2b and 312. I sold the 2b.
The 312 has a few routines that are nice. The audio is too much processed for me to use that. Also the 312 has a couple routines that can be turned up to force the action. I never found a setting like that with the 2b.

But when I stim to a CH or other video I normally use the home brew audio stim box I made several years back.
Out of the 2B or ET312, which one feels more like the DIY when playing Milovana teases or CH funstims?
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hosenguy »

Both the 2b and the 312 process the audio into a TENS-like signal form. Both also remove a large portion of the frequencies in the audio and each has a formula to magically do something with it. Neither really feels like a DIY stim amplifier.

Having said that I found that the 312 interested me more for audio input. But I seldom use it for that, I use the DIY device instead. For me the 312 is for high power and intensity using it's built in routines to force the issue when that approach is needed.

The DIY amp has much more subtle sensations of a much wider variety. BUT no 2 users agree what that means and you will need to make up your own mind. (Sorry :blush: )

I am planning to sell my 312 also.
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

I have a 2b and a DIY midistim. I use the midistim much more often than the 2b, but I like the 2b because it can be used on its own or in the bedroom ;-)

I use whichever I'm in the mood for, but CH (which is my primary stimming .... stimulus) work much better on the midistim. My biggest complaint about the 2b with audio input is that the volume is incredibly touchy on the device itself. I keep the volume somewhere between 4 and 7 on the 2b and upping it by 1% makes a huge (and often unpleasant) difference.
BlueM00
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BlueM00 »

hosenguy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:02 pm Both the 2b and the 312 process the audio into a TENS-like signal form. Both also remove a large portion of the frequencies in the audio and each has a formula to magically do something with it. Neither really feels like a DIY stim amplifier.
You've piqued my interest. The 312b can feel a little "processed" and prickly with audio when the levels are raised, so I'm now wondering how an analogue signal would feel. Unfortunately, it's been many years since I wielded a soldering iron.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

BlueM00 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:51 amYou've piqued my interest. The 312b can feel a little "processed" and prickly with audio when the levels are raised, so I'm now wondering how an analogue signal would feel. Unfortunately, it's been many years since I wielded a soldering iron.
I'm actually really good at using a soldering iron, but I followed the instructions for a solder-free version using nylon(I think) terminal strips. Instead of using a drill and drilling components to the board, I used super glue(aka cyanoacrylate glue) to attach everything to an aluminum plate, apart from the two chassis mount resistors which I used thermal paste for the body and super glue for the legs. It was literally an assembly of wires connected into terminal strips and it's really not difficult. Oddly enough, the most difficult part is finding where to buy all the parts from. Putting it together is simple as long as you buy the parts specified in whatever design you choose to build. If I had all the parts in front of me right now, I could probably duplicate mine in under 15 minutes while drinking coffee in the morning.
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by froog »

I've got an Axis (which has stereo audio input) and an ET232, so I entered "other" in the poll.
It would be great if options coud be provide for Axis in upcoming teases.
Grompfschnurk
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Grompfschnurk »

Hi,
I've got an Electrastim Axis which is working pretty well, but seems to have the same issue as 2Bwith some pain files.
luke!
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by luke! »

The Axis only modulates the volume, not the frequency. So you'll be getting 160hz and missing out on all the interesting stuff.