Three vibrator control experiments — looking for feedback

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
buz
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Three vibrator control experiments — looking for feedback

Post by buz »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to hear your thoughts about various vibrator control software I've been writing. They're at the stage where they mostly work, but don't have anything but a command-line UI at this point. I want to see which ones (or none!) you might be interested in, so that I could judge whether I should put in the effort to polish them for public consumption.

I tried many approaches, some pretty crazy.

#1 Sync vibrator to Cock Hero

Some wonderful folks have created estim files (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15543) for many of the Cock Hero videos. My program reads in an estim file and tries to sync with a video playing in VLC and control the vibrator to match the action.

Currently it works, but the sync can sometimes go out of alignment over time, so I would need to get that working more reliably before release.

#2 Sync vibrator to karaoke

I was trying to brainstorm about where I could find more data that is somehow synchronized to music, and what I found was the community of people who create lyrics & timing files for karaoke games. These are games where you try to sing to the correct pitch in time with your favorite song.

I figured it would be interesting to control a vibrator by making a more higher pitched voice in a song rumble the vibrator more intensely. Got this working as well, you could experience max buzz going on with the vibrator when Whitney Houston sings the high part of "and I~~~~ will always love you~~~".

This uses a very popular file format, the one from the popular karaoke game Ultrastar, so were I to release this you'd have a good chance to find the necessary files for your favorite songs too. The software works, but has no UI (just like all of these), so still work would be needed for this to be easily usable by anyone.

#3 Sync vibrator to level of bass

This is a simple approach that analyzes the audio being played in real time, determines how strong the bass is right now and sets the vibrator level accordingly. If you launch the software and play a playlist, you'll be REALLY hoping to get songs with a lot of deep bass beats.

I also added a feature where you can connect TWO vibrators to it — primary and secondary. I figured that when the bass level is low, you're not really that into it as you wind up just waiting for the strong bass parts you know are coming, assuming you know the songs well. To make it more interesting, now when the bass level is low, it rumbles the secondary vibrator instead. When it gets higher, it rumbles the primary one. When it gets really high, it rumbles both!

That's it.

Those are the three experiments. What do you think? Itching to try any of them?
Sheyan
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Three vibrator control experiments — looking for feedback

Post by Sheyan »

Hey Buz,

those three approaches sound quite interesting indeed, hard to tell which ones would work best/feel best without trying them out though.

Also I wonder what vibes can make use of these scripts to control them, can you maybe recommend one?
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Re: Three vibrator control experiments — looking for feedback

Post by hosenguy »

I hope you are knowledgeable regarding how the funscript files are coded. These are readily available for many videos both freely and for paid consumption. They are also open source. I would suggest you may want to use their format for your output too as they are very basic text files and, if compatible would provide many others with other hardware some excitement too!

A novel multiple vibrator approach using these existing files would be very interesting.

If you have not already looked into this here is a link.

http://realtouchscripts.com/portal.php? ... 76962b3bbe

I will be following. Very interested.