Here are EOS tutorials

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Here are EOS tutorials

Post by undeniable_denial »

whdmusic wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:49 am Now, the tease freezes earlier.
I can tell you that it hangs on page "Alice", trying to load a non-existent "alice.jpg".

whdmusic wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:49 am What possibility in debugging are there to find the problem?
Excessive use of

Code: Select all

console.log(some_var);
and your browser's console (F12)

Not much else, I don't think.

On a side-note, this may not do what you think it does:

models = allmodels;
Arrays are reference types in JavaScript. With that assignment both models and allmodels point to the same array, meaning when you modify models, you also modify allmodels. Just fyi.
whdmusic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by whdmusic »

@undeniable_denial
Thank's a lot for your answer.
Strange. I remember copying this file. Maybe, I deleted it afterwards by mistake.
I knew about this error allmodels...
This is corrected to a function, I also on other places for the same reason: models = transarray(allmodels);

The extensive usage of console.log... ???
Unfortunately, I don't understand, how to use it. W3schools doesn't help me there. Usually, I understand W3schools but console.log... I have to try it out.

Thanks once more. I hope, I can publish in a few days.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

whdmusic wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:49 am hello all
I am writing my first webtease. It's a kind of cup system. The game mechanics is done and runs mostly smooth. I implemented a solution to generate a function for different fights which can be used for a girl defined by a variable.

But I cannot find all mistakes. In the first runs, the tease ran quite far and all of a sudden freezed.
Now, the tease freezes earlier.

What possibility in debugging are there to find the problem?

I need to find these problems first, before I finish the whole tease with introduction story, adjustments of beats/timing and write a better ending.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 33d4343f04
Can you give steps to reproduce the freezing?

The main thing I'd start with is the javascript console in your browser to see if any errors are reported.

PG
whdmusic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by whdmusic »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:18 pm
Can you give steps to reproduce the freezing?

The main thing I'd start with is the javascript console in your browser to see if any errors are reported.

PG
Sorry for the late answer. I found the problems. Usually, it was a picture, I deleted and forgot to change all pointers to it.
With console (F12) i don't understand, what to look at. There are too many windows, places to look at and I did not find the information, where I could have read out, what kind of mistake is in my code.
But since I found the problem by backup and search json for deleted picture names, I could get the code running.

But thank's anyway.
HerpDerp42
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by HerpDerp42 »

I suppose my answer is late but maybe it helps for some people in the future.

The preview option shows you on which page you currently are. So whenever a problem occurs I add 'say' commands between all sensible steps on that page to give out the variables in question and also pinpoint the exact point at which it gets stuck.
My poor man's console. :lol:

And congratulations to your tease, pretty high rating!
80%-ish dominant, straight, German, 30
PMs are always welcome.
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

I'm getting these errors when using the inbuilt text styling inside the "Say" action.
Is this a known issue?

My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
All my work so far: https://mega.nz/folder/sdcHmQzT#PZ4ctIZsoGp4N7zuDmIh_Q
HerpDerp42
Explorer
Explorer

Post by HerpDerp42 »

Pseudonym wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:32 pm I'm getting these errors when using the inbuilt text styling inside the "Say" action.
Is this a known issue?

I can't reproduce the issue on my end. To me the error message you are showing might suggets it is a browser security setting issue.
PMs are always welcome.
HerpDerp42
Explorer
Explorer

Post by HerpDerp42 »

I have a question myself concerning Galleries: is there any way to move pictures from one gallery to another...?
I want to split the galleries I am using to choose the pics I can randomize over. But I realyl don't want to redownlaod all the pics in question...
PMs are always welcome.
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Post by undeniable_denial »

HerpDerp42 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:14 pm is there any way to move pictures from one gallery to another...?
Not in the Editor afaik. I'm guessing one could edit the json file by hand, but I'm not 100% certain
HerpDerp42
Explorer
Explorer

Post by HerpDerp42 »

undeniable_denial wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:54 am
HerpDerp42 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:14 pm is there any way to move pictures from one gallery to another...?
Not in the Editor afaik. I'm guessing one could edit the json file by hand, but I'm not 100% certain
Thank you. Just tried it on the first gallery and works quite nicely since the pcitures are already ordered.
Not as easy as I was hoping (not expecting) but better than re-down- and uploading everything.

Edit: nevermind, the second gallery already wasn't sorted anymore. But just copying all the pics from the old gallery into a new one and later deleting the pics in the editor was easy enough.
PMs are always welcome.
pleasureDonation
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by pleasureDonation »

Hi Milovana community!

I played a bit with javaScript inside the EOS Editor. I wanted to make a http-call of an API - in particular the Emlalock-API.

So far, in an Eval-Action I tried

fetch("https://api.emlalock.com/add?userid=9999&apikey=9999&value=9999")
(ES6)

and

const Http = new XMLHttpRequest();
const url='https://api.emlalock.com/add?userid=9999&apikey=9999&value=9999';
Http.open("GET", url);
Http.send();
However, both haven't worked in a Tease. There is no need to save or process the response of the API-call.
Is there a way to achive this with the EOS Editor?

Edit: Both code snippets above have worked in an online javaScript environment.
New Nick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by New Nick »

I have a question about writing an EOS story but not sure if someone can help me.
In the beginning of this thread (in 2020) Undeniable denied told that you should best create your stories in various "boxes" which means you need to have a chapter of consecutive slides or actions in one substory of the mainstory

SO you can go from box A to box B and from box B maybe to box C1 or C2 depending on your chose ... and so on and so on
Lets say every box is for instance 10 or 20 amount of slides and actions, and you are indeed trying to build up your story to get from one box to another

Then my question is simple.
I would like to create some boxes (for instance heavily based on denial or edging or domination talk) which i can link my story to ... BUT ... after ending that box of (lets say edging), i want it to go back directly to where i was in the story . Can that be done via Javascript somehow ?

So lets say i have 14 chapters , but i also have 3 seperate chapters which i want to revisit several times, without being stuck there or having to start again from that point, can that then be done ?

let s say i have those 14 chapters but throughtout those 14 blocks of story content , i would like the story to go to BOX "edging" a couple of times ? how can i make that work ?

lets say after chapter 3 i want to go to box Edging and then direclty to 4 ...
But after chapter 5 , 8 , 9 and 11 i also want to go back to the box of edging , but continue the story line (without going back)

How should i do that ?

I realise i might have made it more complicated by probably mentioning the same thing various times, but at least you get the full picture :- ) . Thanks for helping me out

PS : I prefer not to have a solution that says that i should add buttons on one of the first chapters , which allows the player to click on a number or an option to prcoeed in the story (i prefer it to be secret and also less straightforward)

Thanks a lot
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

pleasureDonation wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:18 pm Hi Milovana community!

I played a bit with javaScript inside the EOS Editor. I wanted to make a http-call of an API - in particular the Emlalock-API.

So far, in an Eval-Action I tried

fetch("https://api.emlalock.com/add?userid=9999&apikey=9999&value=9999")
(ES6)

and

const Http = new XMLHttpRequest();
const url='https://api.emlalock.com/add?userid=9999&apikey=9999&value=9999';
Http.open("GET", url);
Http.send();
However, both haven't worked in a Tease. There is no need to save or process the response of the API-call.
Is there a way to achive this with the EOS Editor?

Edit: Both code snippets above have worked in an online javaScript environment.
EOS runs in a sandboxed environment for safety and security, and not all javascript functions are supported. What you are trying to do is go outside the sandbox to get stuff from "the big bad internet", so I'm sure it's not allowed.

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

New Nick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:02 pm So lets say i have 14 chapters , but i also have 3 seperate chapters which i want to revisit several times, without being stuck there or having to start again from that point, can that then be done ?

Thanks a lot
You do this using eval actions and calculated goto actions (screenshots below).

And here is a little demo tease that illustrates the technique: Reusable chapters
Use a consistent naming convention for your chapters and other "boxes" and it will help you keep track of what you're doing.

You can download the json source for the demo with the link: https://milovana.com/webteases/geteossc ... 74b4d2a8f8

Hope that helps,

PG
2024-04-05 09_04_45 Eval action.jpg
2024-04-05 09_04_45 Eval action.jpg (12.49 KiB) Viewed 275 times
2024-04-05 08_50_01 Say action with variables.jpg
2024-04-05 08_50_01 Say action with variables.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 275 times
2024-04-05 08_43_36 Calculated Goto.jpg
2024-04-05 08_43_36 Calculated Goto.jpg (43.86 KiB) Viewed 275 times
New Nick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by New Nick »

Thanks a lot

However , what happens if i want to use those exact 3 slides (the edging box) several times .
Wont that make me always go back after the edging box to one page specifically ?

Or can i make it somehow possible to go temporarily into an "edging box" and then proceed from where i left ?
WIth the option to have that "edging box" maybe active on 20 or 30 different occassions ?

If you understand what i mean ...

Ideal would be to just go from for instance BOX D to BOX E (but with a temporary visit to BOX Edge)
And then later i would like to use that temporary Edge box maybe also when i go from BOX G to H and X to Y and so on ...

Thank you