Here are EOS tutorials

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: Here are EOS tutorials

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Sheena van Sully wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:51 am Hi

Is there a way to incorporate an embedded video or gif to a tease w/ the EOS?

Best
Sheena
No, EOS only supports JPG images.

PG
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Screenshot 2023-09-18 205411.png
Screenshot 2023-09-18 205411.png (643.2 KiB) Viewed 6700 times

Hi all, can someone explain how to setup a button on the side like the "edging" button in this tease? https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=59749

I've searched the forum all over and can't seem to find out how it's done. I'm using EOS editor.
nicki_blue
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nicki_blue »

bbb11__ wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:55 am
Hi all, can someone explain how to setup a button on the side like the "edging" button in this tease? https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=59749

I've searched the forum all over and can't seem to find out how it's done. I'm using EOS editor.
Use a Notification

On a page in EOS:

1. Click create action > Notification: Create
2. Now click the sliding button to the right of "Button"
3. Under "label" enter the name of the button e.g. "Edging"
4. Enter something under "identifier" - this won't show in the tease but it is your ID of the notification, you can use it later to remove the button if you wish (Notification: Remove. then enter identifier ID).
5. for the action of the notification button itself, use create actions e.g goto / say etc.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Woah thanks! That was super easy! I didn't have notifications enabled in the options. That was the trick.

Appreciate the help!!!!
Hauptkammer
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Hauptkammer »

Is it possible to use a list like

text1
text2
text3
text4

to get an random text(1)(2)(3) or (4)
instead of using the method with the *

hope u get what i mean 😁
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Hauptkammer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:17 pm Is it possible to use a list like

text1
text2
text3
text4

hope u get what i mean 😁
Yes, I wasn't the one who originally made this code, I only add to it so hopefully it will work for you and is complete. In the init scrip I would put something like this:

var textRandom = [
"text 1","text 2","text 3","text 4",]

You then go to a say action and click this eval button:
say.JPG
say.JPG (29.47 KiB) Viewed 6590 times
And enter this:
eval.JPG
eval.JPG (14.67 KiB) Viewed 6590 times
I might be missing a function but try that - hopefully it works for you.

EDIT: Looks like it isn't enough so I'm not sure if this is the missing function or not, someone else might be able to use this function better:
Spoiler: show
/*
Install uniqueRandom, random, _next, _prev, _index and _id prototypes for arrays
Use (after installed):
// Define your array of values
var myArray = ['A','B','C','D']
// Pull a "unique" random value from the array
// ("unique" in that it will not repeat until you've exausted all values)
var myValue = myArray.uniqueRandom() // Will return undefined when out of values and reset random pool for next use
var myValue = myArray.uniqueRandom(0, true) // Just like above, but when out of values,
// instead of returning undefined, will reset random pool
// and return another value, just not the last one you got
// (unless your array it too small)
var myValue = myArray.uniqueRandom(2) // Will return a random value, just not any of the last 2 you pulled.
// (change "2" to whatever you want for history size)
// Other methods:
myArray._uRandReset() // reset random pool (use tracking is reset)
var remaining = myArray._uRandRemain() // return the number of "unique" possibilities remaining in array
// (Will reduce after every use of uniqueRandom)
var myIndex = myArray._index() // return the current index position of last result from:
// uniqueRandom, random, _next, _prev.
// Will return -1 if no position.
myArray._index(n) // set index position
var myValue = myArray._next() // Increment index and return next avail value in array.
// Returns undefined if out of values and resets index to -1
var myValue = myArray._prev() // Decrement index and return previous avail value in array.
// If current index is -1, will move index to last item and return that item.
// Returns undefined if out of values and resets index to -1
var myValue = myArray.random() // Returns a random value. Does not track history or check history.
*/
It looks like it is commented out but I don't know if */ makes the comment go away or if this was an obsolete piece of my code. I didn't write it unfortunately so I understand it very little. Someone who actually knows code can hopefully get you flying but something in my code somewhere lets me do what you are asking. :whistle:
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

Hauptkammer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:17 pm Is it possible to use a list like

text1
text2
text3
text4

hope u get what i mean 😁
You can use an array then random to define variables. I haven't been able to link this with the go-to function, but works well for variable definitions.

Code: Select all

var array_g = ["a","b","c","d","e","f"];
var g = array_g[Math.floor(Math.random()*array_g.length)];
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

is it possible to stop a timer without changing page?
I have a button the needs to be pressed before the timer runs out, but the button does not jump to a different page.
Can I make the timer stop when I press the button?
submale27704
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submale27704 »

had a question that perhaps I missed in the tutorials or overlooked just b/c it works in testing...

Glad I went to publish and found out though b/c I have been working about 2 weeks on something that it seems like isn't allowed and/or possible?

I have a metric ton of these errors when I try to publish:

pages.page21[5].timer.duration Does not match the regex pattern ^(([1-9][0-9]*(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?|0(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?)(w|d|h|m|s|ms))+(-(([1-9][0-9]*(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?|0(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?)(w|d|h|m|s|ms))+)?$

is there something I'm doing wrong here? it looks like these are on pages where I have cascaded images using a .2 or .25 second timer...

Thanks in advance for any help or knowledge...
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

submale27704 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:29 am had a question that perhaps I missed in the tutorials or overlooked just b/c it works in testing...

Glad I went to publish and found out though b/c I have been working about 2 weeks on something that it seems like isn't allowed and/or possible?

pages.page21[5].timer.duration Does not match the regex pattern ^(([1-9][0-9]*(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?|0(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?)(w|d|h|m|s|ms))+(-(([1-9][0-9]*(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?|0(\.[0-9]*[1-9])?)(w|d|h|m|s|ms))+)?$

is there something I'm doing wrong here? it looks like these are on pages where I have cascaded images using a .2 or .25 second timer...

It looks to me like that regex requires the units to be present so you need to use .2s or .25s so it knows you mean seconds.

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

cumhardy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:06 pm is it possible to stop a timer without changing page?
I have a button the needs to be pressed before the timer runs out, but the button does not jump to a different page.
Can I make the timer stop when I press the button?
I think you need a timed notification. You can have one set of actions occur if the timer elapses and another set happen when the button is clicked. I think when the button is clicked it cancels the timer automatically, but if not you can make the first action of the button remove the notification, thus cancelling the timer.

PG
submale27704
Explorer
Explorer

Post by submale27704 »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:12 pm
submale27704 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:29 am had a question that perhaps I missed in the tutorials or overlooked just b/c it works in testing...

It looks to me like that regex requires the units to be present so you need to use .2s or .25s so it knows you mean seconds.

PG
I think I figured it out with a test page - appears it expects there to be a 0 in front of the fractional entry.

.2s throws an error
0.2s passed

Gonna have some boring work ahead of me :lol:
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:33 pm I think you need a timed notification. You can have one set of actions occur if the timer elapses and another set happen when the button is clicked. I think when the button is clicked it cancels the timer automatically, but if not you can make the first action of the button remove the notification, thus cancelling the timer.

PG
yeah that works thanks!
Its a shame that I can't use the clock type of timer, but this solution works okay
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

cumhardy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:04 am
PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:33 pm I think you need a timed notification. You can have one set of actions occur if the timer elapses and another set happen when the button is clicked. I think when the button is clicked it cancels the timer automatically, but if not you can make the first action of the button remove the notification, thus cancelling the timer.

PG
yeah that works thanks!
Its a shame that I can't use the clock type of timer, but this solution works okay
You can certainly use the clock type timer, you just have to let the button go to another page.
You didn't elaborate on why you don't do that, so it's really a design decision you need to make in achieving whatever you're trying to achieve.

PG
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:44 pm
You can certainly use the clock type timer, you just have to let the button go to another page.
You didn't elaborate on why you don't do that, so it's really a design decision you need to make in achieving whatever you're trying to achieve.

PG
yeah just a design decision, i prefer the clock ticking down but would rather not have to jump to a new page to use it in this way. its fine how it is though