The Handy

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

typhoon
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

The Handy

Post by typhoon »

I bought a new sex toy called The Handy because it got a good review at thebiggayreview.com . The best way to describe The Handy: it’s like the Autoblow, but good. It’s the most satisfying $150 I’ve spent in years. It’s so good it got me to create a Milovana account after a decade of lurking.

I think it will be amazing combined with Cock Hero videos. Because it can be programmed to stroke in sync!

Currently they have about 2 dozen user-uploaded videos. The sync is legit - on time, matching speed and stroke.

Anyone else have one?

Here are some links:
thehandy.com
handysetup.com
handyexperience.com

Let me know if this post is in the wrong subforum or goes against the rules. I am unrelated to the company. I am just an EXTREMELY satisfied customer.
zingg2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: The Handy

Post by zingg2 »

This definitely belongs over in the Hardware & Teledildonics forum, but I'm sure an admin can move it for you. Thanks for contributing your review - it's a good hint for the technically-minded folks to look into integrating it in CH players (has anyone done that yet?)
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by doremi »

It's not listed here:
https://buttplug.io/
but it might be later by these talented developers.

Quote from thehandy.com website:
Try it out for 14 days and return it if you don’t like it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
Ratattack15
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ratattack15 »

It might not need much work to get it to sync up with a cock hero video since it already syncs with the motion of videos. I also looked a little bit around their site and they do seem to be open to helping with trying to set up the product or modify it's use.

I am highly tempted to see about this more but they are apprently out of stock until Early Febuarary, so definately popular.
craftytouch
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by craftytouch »

I just ordered mine.
I have the Quickshot Launch but it's not fast enough. When it's at top speed it barely has any stroke length.Been wanting the Fleshlight Launch cause it seemed to go faster with a decent stroke length, plus it used the fleshlight sleeves, but everyone has given it a bad review. I'm pretty sure I can cut down a sleeve and fit it in this with the top being open so I can see my cum fly out.

This thing goes fast from what I see, right?
Ratattack15
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ratattack15 »

craftytouch wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 am I just ordered mine.
I have the Quickshot Launch but it's not fast enough. When it's at top speed it barely has any stroke length.Been wanting the Fleshlight Launch cause it seemed to go faster with a decent stroke length, plus it used the fleshlight sleeves, but everyone has given it a bad review. I'm pretty sure I can cut down a sleeve and fit it in this with the top being open so I can see my cum fly out.

How is it, if it has arrived? As I have wondered about this product again and checked their sites to see that they have an early version of an API up.
mument
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by mument »

craftytouch wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 am I just ordered mine.

I use the Launch for cock hero videos and most have been scripted. There is a compromise on speed and you tend to script so that two beats is a full stroke (one up, one down). This isn't a problem as the increased intensity of the fleshlight would tend to make cock hero sessions over too quickly if they were running at full rate.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

Here is a link to the site that basically is THE funscript home. There are discussions about all kinds of interfaces for toys. The link below was a response from the creators of the Handy. Since then intent has been reported to include it in the buttplug.io drivers. It is one of several similar types of strokers being developed.

http://realtouchscripts.com/viewtopic.p ... ilit=handy

If you search the site for "Handy" you will see more links.
enjoy
craftytouch
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by craftytouch »

Well I actually returned The Handy. It made me spurt once over the many times trying it. I enjoyed the speed but it's motion was not to my liking. I'm trying to get a very fast speed up and down the full length of my cock. As you increased the stroke length on Handy it seemed to have a higher starting point. So from the base up an inch wouldn't be touched and it would go over the head of your cock. Due to the one sided connection to the motor it was a noticeable difference from the Fleshlight Launch in which you insert yourself into the product. Holding the Handy to your stomach and fitting yourself into it was also problematic. The motor on mine became louder than the Launch after using for a time and I wondered if it would break after extensive use. We all know how long I stroke for so it would need to be able to take hours of running fast. It wouldn't conncect to my network for some reason so I didn't get to try the interactive capabilities. I'm adept with computers so it was on their end. I tried it with the
Quickshot sleeve and it worked although difficult to keep in and put yourself into it. The strap also broke that holds the sleeve.

The company seems cool and up front so maybe it's just me, my cock, my experience, and my expectations. I now see that they say that in the future an extension will be added to let it attach fleshlight sleeves so that makes me wonder if I should've maybe kept it.Right npw I'm keeping track of what Fleshlight is doing. They don't have the Fleshlight Launch on their website anymore so I'm thinking they're working on a Feshlight Launch 2.0 that will be addressing any problems they've had in the past. But if people at The Handy wanted me try something in the future I would be more than happy to try it and work with them.
craftytouch
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by craftytouch »

My ideal would be an auto stroker with the a Fleshlight sleeve texture, quickshot sleeve design so the head of your cock comes out the top so you can see your cum fly out, Quickshot Launch design since the machine fits very nicely on your cock in your lap, have it hit speeds equal to the Handy even at full stroke length, and it be interactive where you can play Cock Hero against other people. imagine everyone competing using their auto strokers online to the same cock hero video. No cheating due to the machine determining the strokes. People could but different sleeves in. It could be like sports with picking your equipment to suit you. A less pleasurable sleeve when trying to win. A more pleasurable sleeve when trying to give yourself a mind blowing pop. Everyone could even agree to use the same sleeve. Some good possibilities for a cock Hero league. The only problem that would exist is still how long somebody has cum. That's not always definitive cause just popping could cause you to not stay hard, which to me is a loss of the match. Anyway just my 2 cents.
MrCandyMan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by MrCandyMan »

I actually got this thing a couple of days ago and it's pretty decent. Haven't used a powered masturbator before, so I can't say how it compares to others, but it has a solid range of speed and stroke lengths. What I like the most is that it's relatively small and easy to clean.

Edit: Works well with CH funscripts too! :)
Ratattack15
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ratattack15 »

Hum I am still on the fence about getting this for myself due to what craftytouch said earlier as I had been wondering a little bit about the fact of holding it during it's operation and the fleshlight sleeve being a lot bigger than the normal.

This appears to have been an issue as I just saw while typing this up that they have put out a blog post about a srap for the fleshlight that you can 3D print while they are working on an offical one.
memma
Explorer
Explorer

Post by memma »

Just use the included sleeve that comes with the Handy. Personally I don't understand why everyone's so obsessed with Fleshlights. I have several of the things, and often regret how much I spent on them. I rarely use them any more, and the Handy sleeve works as well as any of the fleshlights ever did, plus you can adjust the tightness which you can't really with the fleshlights.

The Handy is designed as a versatile tool. I can use it with a variety of toys. You could probably find a way to attach a dildo if you wanted. If you judge the Handy on its ability to work with the fleshlight, you're kinda missing the point.

I've thought of at least a couple of ways to use the handy hands-free. Strapping it to your leg works pretty well if you don't need the full stroke length, and it wouldn't be too tricky to create a home-made harness to hold it place.
PershAli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PershAli »

Bought the Handy based on the posts here. Received it last week. I love how compact it is and how turnkey it is to operate. No software to install. I use it completely in-browser via wifi. Been playing some of my favorites multiple times; Dreamgirls, Noir, Prime After School, and more. The scripts I've found make each beat a half-stroke which is lovely. It's so fun. Love how it feels and how easy it is to clean. I can just sit back and stay even more focused on awesome content.
Pudknocker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pudknocker »

For those that have this, I'm curious how the funscript integration works. I tried using buttplug with a kiroo titan, and while I was able to get it working eventually (using a bluetooth dongle, intiface, and the ScriptPlayer video player) it was all a little convoluted, I had trouble getting the Titan to sync correctly with the beats (it was always a little behind, I think?) and the Titan didn't stop when the beats stopped. Plus, while the Titan felt *good* it didn't feel *right*; it was difficult to actually feel up-vs-down motion on it. I'm in the market for something else - considering a Launch, but I'm put off by the size of the thing.

Similar question/concern for connecting to a funscript player on a phone for VR stuff?