Banning Members (was: Hentai JOI Captured and Punished)

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Banning Members (was: Hentai JOI Captured and Punished)

Post by doremi »

Qiubi wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:13 pm i want to say that i will not upload again my other two videos until the two users that trolled me are permanently banned of this web (not just the account but the whole IP)
I'm totally against banning members if their comments are from misinterpretation or simply a different opinion. Trolls can be dealt with the silent treatment (write privileges OFF). Banning is overrated.

A suggestion, OFF-TOPIC posts be moved to a different thread, but not deleted (if civil), and certainly not a locked thread.

IMHO, of course! :-)
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
Qiubi
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Banning Members (was: Hentai JOI Captured and Punished)

Post by Qiubi »

idk who are you and why you did this, but they trolled me accepting to do a proofread of my third video,

then over 2 weeks one and 1 week the other just ignored all my private message while they was being online every time.

so tell me this, where's the misinterpretation in that?

maybe want proof?? i can just do some screen shoots of the message send.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by doremi »

I'm writing this just for the general principle of it, Qiubi. I don't know the specifics of your case, so I can't comment on it. One thing is for sure, trolling is absolutely unacceptable, and the only ones who can deal with it are moderators.
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
high_octane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by high_octane »

Qiubi wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:13 pm i want to say that i will not upload again my other two videos until the two users that trolled me are permanently banned of this web (not just the account but the whole IP)

i even going to just upload this third work a few days, then i'm going to delete it also (but if the two troll users are perma banned i will not delete it).
You do realize that by reacting in the way you are, you're giving the alleged trolls power, right? The ultimate weapon to combat a troll is to ignore them. Ignoring them takes their fun away and figuratively bores them to death. Also, it's very possible that these alleged trolls are over the age of 18; in fact, I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Your preposed solution to permanently banning them will not be sufficient in preventing them from returning. How would they circumvent an IP ban you might ask? Easy; by using either a VPN or Tor.

Please understand that asking for help from people on the internet should be done "at your own risk". Nobody is contractually obligated to follow through with their actions. So, if they didn't do as they said they would, they should not be held liable.

Furthermore, I'd like to see both of the alleged troll's sides of the story before further actions are taken (if any). Things should be handled in the most just, fair, and civil way possible, and that includes viewing them as innocent until proven guilty.

Think about the people who love your work, Qiubi. Doesn't forbiddendesire's love for your JOIs bring you happiness? Why should those who love your work be punished because of the actions of two alleged trolls?

Just my take on these unfortunate events. I obviously have no power here, so the decision ultimately rests with the Milovana staff. If it were my decision, however, I would not ban these individuals, because again, asking for help from people on the internet should be done "at your own risk".
My original Cock Hero songs can be found here:
https://high-octane-ch.bandcamp.com or https://archive.org/details/cock-hero-osts
"When I get home I'm going to let my apparatus out of its cage!" ~fragrantEmulsion

"The rhythm for that song is very complex, and I fear that if I mimic it with the beat meter, people will want to throw their shoes at me." ~high_octane
If you're wondering what my avatar is, it's my own design entitled "The Crest of Confusion".
Qiubi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Qiubi »

high_octane wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 am

i even going to just upload this third work a few days, then i'm going to delete it also (but if the two troll users are perma banned i will not delete it).
You do realize that by reacting in the way you are, you're giving the alleged trolls power, right? The ultimate weapon to combat a troll is to ignore them. Ignoring them takes their fun away and figuratively bores them to death. Also, it's very possible that these alleged trolls are over the age of 18; in fact, I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Your preposed solution to permanently banning them will not be sufficient in preventing them from returning. How would they circumvent an IP ban you might ask? Easy; by using either a VPN or Tor.

Please understand that asking for help from people on the internet should be done "at your own risk". Nobody is contractually obligated to follow through with their actions. So, if they didn't do as they said they would, they should not be held liable.

Furthermore, I'd like to see both of the alleged troll's sides of the story before further actions are taken (if any). Things should be handled in the most just, fair, and civil way possible, and that includes viewing them as innocent until proven guilty.

Think about the people who love your work, Qiubi. Doesn't forbiddendesire's love for your JOIs bring you happiness? Why should those who love your work be punished because of the actions of two alleged trolls?

Just my take on these unfortunate events. I obviously have no power here, so the decision ultimately rests with the Milovana staff. If it were my decision, however, I would not ban these individuals, because again, asking for help from people on the internet should be done "at your own risk".

yeah ignore trolls and pass the problem to the next person no?

maybe they can use vpn etc... but it's worse don't do nothing VS them, some of them maybe don't know about vpn etc...

i want them banned and i use my own work to fight for it, that's why i deleted my previous videos and that's why i'm going to delete my third video in a few days also.
high_octane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by high_octane »

Qiubi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 am yeah ignore trolls and pass the problem to the next person no?
What problem? If you (and everyone else) ignore the trolls, they'll have no motivation left, get bored, and go elsewhere. Problem solved.

It doesn't seem like they harassed you in any way, they just seemly ceased communicating with you, which is not, in and of itself, heinous enough to warrant a ban, nor is a ban a fair punishment. It is very rude of them, however, and would be nice if they could provide a reason for their actions.

One of the users you mentioned signed up here in 2006. What are the odds of him suddenly becoming a troll? There must be some other reason or explanation that I'm not aware of. Both of them have logged in since you asked them to help you, but neither of them have made any forum posts since then (not that that really matters, it's merely an observation).

Of their forum posts, none of them signify, to me, that they are trolls by nature. This is a very bizarre case that is in dire need of additional information (from the alleged trolls) in order to be fully understood.

All of my aforementioned points still stand.
  • Removing your content is exactly what a troll would want you to do.
  • Removing your content deprives your fans of enjoying your work.
  • The only way to successfully combat a troll is to "stop feeding the trolls" (AKA ignore them).
  • Asking for help from people on the internet should be done "at your own risk".
https://high-octane-ch.bandcamp.com or https://archive.org/details/cock-hero-osts
"When I get home I'm going to let my apparatus out of its cage!" ~fragrantEmulsion

"The rhythm for that song is very complex, and I fear that if I mimic it with the beat meter, people will want to throw their shoes at me." ~high_octane
If you're wondering what my avatar is, it's my own design entitled "The Crest of Confusion".
Qiubi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Qiubi »

high_octane wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:28 am
Qiubi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 am yeah ignore trolls and pass the problem to the next person no?
What problem? If you (and everyone else) ignore the trolls, they'll have no motivation left, get bored, and go elsewhere. Problem solved.

It doesn't seem like they harassed you in any way, they just seemly ceased communicating with you, which is not, in and of itself, heinous enough to warrant a ban, nor is a ban a fair punishment. It is very rude of them, however, and would be nice if they could provide a reason for their actions.

One of the users you mentioned signed up here in 2006. What are the odds of him suddenly becoming a troll? There must be some other reason or explanation that I'm not aware of. Both of them have logged in since you asked them to help you, but neither of them have made any forum posts since then (not that that really matters, it's merely an observation).

Of their forum posts, none of them signify, to me, that they are trolls by nature. This is a very bizarre case that is in dire need of additional information (from the alleged trolls) in order to be fully understood.

All of my aforementioned points still stand.
  • Removing your content is exactly what a troll would want you to do.
  • Removing your content deprives your fans of enjoying your work.
  • The only way to successfully combat a troll is to "stop feeding the trolls" (AKA ignore them).
  • Asking for help from people on the internet should be done "at your own risk".

trolls = cancer

ignore cancer = you or others die

let the trolls, troll anyone they want, getting attention or not people will stop doing their business because of them.

the only thing that a troll deserve it's a permanent ban, simple and clear, with all you say you only are defending them.

a troll doesn't care being ignored or not, the damage it's done anyway and i'm not going to continue doing works for that trolls, simple and clear.
Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Philze »

As I already wrote in another thread :

You fed the troll, you gave him reason to keep his shitty work up.
People acting like you are the holy grail for trolls. The sheer success ( you taking down your teases, stopping work, crying in different threads) of his actions will motivate coming trolls to achieve exactly what he has achieved.

To be clear :
You are actually harming the community by giving upcoming trolls a goal. If you just had reacted like a confident adult should have acted (plain ignoring) there wouldnt have been any success, any tears and no reason to troll.

I like you for creating content.
I dislike you for taking it down cause you are salty
I hate you for feeding the trolls.

- mind game -
You are the real troll, creating a drama from nothing and even fetch people like me who usually have a good trolldetector. If that's the cae, well played mate.. Well played
Es kann kein Zufall sein, dass sich Lust auf Frust reimt..
Qiubi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Qiubi »

Philze wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:28 am As I already wrote in another thread :

You fed the troll, you gave him reason to keep his shitty work up.
People acting like you are the holy grail for trolls. The sheer success ( you taking down your teases, stopping work, crying in different threads) of his actions will motivate coming trolls to achieve exactly what he has achieved.

To be clear :
You are actually harming the community by giving upcoming trolls a goal. If you just had reacted like a confident adult should have acted (plain ignoring) there wouldnt have been any success, any tears and no reason to troll.

I like you for creating content.
I dislike you for taking it down cause you are salty
I hate you for feeding the trolls.

- mind game -
You are the real troll, creating a drama from nothing and even fetch people like me who usually have a good trolldetector. If that's the cae, well played mate.. Well played

don't defend the troll, instead punish him, it's simple and easy, don't you want people do the same as me?? then punish the trolls.

it's just that, when they are punished i will upload again my work, simple.

this is the only way i have to let's say.. force a ban to that two trolls, let's see what this community prefer:

1-trolls trolling how they want with the hope people "ignore" them
2-a nice and clean community of trolls with all the trolls banned little by little

if you don't do nothing the only message you are sending it's ---> common on!! troll all you want!!! we doesn't care!!! probably the autor care a bit.. but who cares??? i only want to see their work done i don't care about how many time or effort it takes to him do his work (JOI) i don't care if he get trolled.

don't convice yourself that if you ignore trolls they don't "hurt", even if the "damage" was just being afk and ignoring messages the real "damage" it's that any other time anyone need a proofread, people will not believe others, people will think that maybe it's a troll. and this time was only ignoring me but another time that guys can just made a bad proofread on purpose, to even hurt more and destroy all the work and time of the other.

but eh!! no problem no? just ignore them and try again no? who cares that it take 1 day or 1 month do the work (JOI) or repeat it 1 or 2 or even 4 times because trolls who cares about the time that take to do a JOI.. 10 hours or 20 or 30 who cares, just ignore them no? all correct and nice, ignore and move on, deal with it "be mature" because if you are mature you are better than them no?
it's cool that words "you are mature" wow so cool and they care a lot!!!!! (trolls).

someone need to start to ask for bans to trolls, and this time it's me.
probably if i was more important in this web (more JOIs, more "famous") this will arrive to something, but i know this will change nothing, however i will still maintain my word with the hope that the next user that get trolled do the same, and the next, and the next, until finaly we win and trolls start to get punished instead of defended by the people with the excuse of "ignore them".
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

Their crime? Promising to proofread something for free.
Their Just punishment: permaban for them and their country (an IP ban will take out the entire iran (or irak, or whatever middle-eastern country that was with that silly internet controls)

Lesson to be learned here? Never promise to proofread anything for Qiu ...

These people weren't trying to troll you. They're not trolls, so your cancer-allegations are hyperbolic nonsense. For one reason or another, each of them didn't get around to do a couple hours of free labour for you, re-writing your tease. They simply volunteered for a task, never agreed on schedule, and never got around to it. Not exactly worth a second thought.

Some real tips for proofreading requests:
- publish the texts you want proofread, so people have an idea what they're getting into. "But spoilers", no-one's going to read such spoilers unless they're considering helping you out.
- ask the volunteers for a schedule, it makes them more committed and you can then just ignore anyone who fails to deliver in time. It'll happen, this site is the lowest priority in their life for most people here (mods excluded, I suppose :-) )
high_octane
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by high_octane »

Qiubi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 am trolls = cancer

ignore cancer = you or others die

let the trolls, troll anyone they want, getting attention or not people will stop doing their business because of them.
I'm going to have to partially disagree with your analogy, Qiubi. Trolls are only cancerous in certain kinds of people, particularly people without troll antibodies. In other words, The only people that trolls threaten are those who are not resilient.
Qiubi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 am with all you say you only are defending them.
And rightfully so. Remember, they are accused of trolling, by you. They are not convicted trolls. It's only fair to also provide these two individuals with due process. If I were accused of doing something heinous, I would hope that my rights to defend myself would be upheld and respected before a verdict was reached. In this particular case, you presented your side of the story, but I cannot proceed until the other side is filled in by the accused party (which honestly probably isn't going to happen).

I know this isn't a court room, but whatever. :-P I would hope that these principles are followed in these cases anyway.

Based on my own research, I'm also not entirely convinced that the two that you accuse of being trolls are truly trolls, though based on your description, I will say that their actions were rude. Just outright necessitating a ban for people over the generally rude things they did, and then creating an ultimatum for the entire community regarding your content is an incredibly destructive way to deal with your problems.
Qiubi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 am i will still maintain my word with the hope that the next user that get trolled do the same, and the next, and the next, until finaly we win and trolls start to get punished instead of defended by the people with the excuse of "ignore them".
Waging war with a ban hammer against the trolls is completely untenable. Also, ignoring them is not the same as defending them, nor is it an excuse. It is the only sane method of dealing with them. I'm not a troll apologist, I'm a stark defender of liberty.
Last edited by high_octane on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philze
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Philze »

Qiubi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 am
don't defend the troll, instead punish him, it's simple and easy, don't you want people do the same as me?? then punish the trolls.

this is the only way i have to let's say.. force a ban to that two trolls, let's see what this community prefer:
Just no.
First, I don't defend them. Trolls are bad and I think a world without trolls would be a better world.
Second, the rule #1 against trolls is : Don't feed them.
There is always someone like you who think he knows better.
And this is my problem with you. The whole dramatic response you are creating here is pure bliss for the troll. If you really hate them so much why are you giving them so much of what they love?

And I have to criticize you again. You "forcing" us to ban the 2 users who didn't helped you in the way you hoped they do ( this isn't even trolling at all, but I get your point) just for your personal vendetta.

2-a nice and clean community of trolls with all the trolls banned little by little
I want a troll free community. But people like you are the reason why there are trolls out there. You are part of the problem.
Considering your advice to ban them taking you on the same level they are.

if you don't do nothing the only message you are sending it's ---> common on!! troll all you want!!! we doesn't care!!! probably the autor care a bit.. but who cares??? i only want to see their work done i don't care about how many time or effort it takes to him do his work (JOI) i don't care if he get trolled.

don't convice yourself that if you ignore trolls they don't "hurt", even if the "damage" was just being afk and ignoring messages the real "damage" it's that any other time anyone need a proofread, people will not believe others, people will think that maybe it's a troll. and this time was only ignoring me but another time that guys can just made a bad proofread on purpose, to even hurt more and destroy all the work and time of the other.

but eh!! no problem no? just ignore them and try again no? who cares that it take 1 day or 1 month do the work (JOI) or repeat it 1 or 2 or even 4 times because trolls who cares about the time that take to do a JOI.. 10 hours or 20 or 30 who cares, just ignore them no? all correct and nice, ignore and move on, deal with it "be mature" because if you are mature you are better than them no?
it's cool that words "you are mature" wow so cool and they care a lot!!!!! (trolls).

probably if i was more important in this web (more JOIs, more "famous") this will arrive to something, but i know this will change nothing, however i will still maintain my word with the hope that the next user that get trolled do the same, and the next, and the next, until finaly we win and trolls start to get punished instead of defended by the people with the excuse of "ignore them".
Talking about effort... The JOI isn't deleted, all of your work is still saved somewhere so don't pretend the trolls stole you 10hrs +. They just didn't proofread. One even answered here that he just had no time to do it.
So you think banning them solve anything? They just create another account. This is no problem. As long as there are idiots who feed the rats, rats will survive everything.
I prefer a community without you over a community with a troll magnet.

So I offer milovana a third option :
Leave milovana like your content. Some may miss it/you, but the trolls will miss you more.
Es kann kein Zufall sein, dass sich Lust auf Frust reimt..
Qiubi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Qiubi »

Philze wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:08 pm

Just no.
First, I don't defend them. Trolls are bad and I think a world without trolls would be a better world.
Second, the rule #1 against trolls is : Don't feed them.
There is always someone like you who think he knows better.
And this is my problem with you. The whole dramatic response you are creating here is pure bliss for the troll. If you really hate them so much why are you giving them so much of what they love?

And I have to criticize you again. You "forcing" us to ban the 2 users who didn't helped you in the way you hoped they do ( this isn't even trolling at all, but I get your point) just for your personal vendetta.

I want a troll free community. But people like you are the reason why there are trolls out there. You are part of the problem.
Considering your advice to ban them taking you on the same level they are.

Talking about effort... The JOI isn't deleted, all of your work is still saved somewhere so don't pretend the trolls stole you 10hrs +. They just didn't proofread. One even answered here that he just had no time to do it.
So you think banning them solve anything? They just create another account. This is no problem. As long as there are idiots who feed the rats, rats will survive everything.
I prefer a community without you over a community with a troll magnet.

So I offer milovana a third option :
Leave milovana like your content. Some may miss it/you, but the trolls will miss you more.

1-you say to let them alone, free, don't do nothing against them it's the same as defend them (passive).

2-if ignore you messages during 3 weeks talking to them nice and polite, and even asking "please tell me if you want to stop doing it then i can search another" isn't troll? what it is? now you are starting to troll here i can upload all the screenshoots of my private messages to them if you want.

3-so you want a free community and once someone try to clean it you attack him, again, you are defending trolls by doing nothing and attacking the only one that try to do something vs them than just sit and ignore them while other users get trolled by them.
and really well job saying i'm the problem, wow amazing, seems that you love trolls or you are one of them right now?
all you say only it's for defend them and even you are now attacking me and saying i'm the problem.
nice point of view you have here.

4-ohh so now the troll respond here??? i doubt it because i don't see any of the two trolls in this thread or the other thread, why you start to lie now?? you are out of arguments to defend the trolls?

5-so now the trolls stole my work??? when i said that, why you continue lying.
so they create another account... yeah probably that's why i ask a ban IP not just a simple ban, learn the diference.
and now you even said to me that i'm an idiot , WOW you keep amazing me from every word i read.

rats will survive everything(trolls)??? well with people like you defending them and telling idiots to the people that fight VS them it's a good pass to let them survive.

6-now don't happy with insult me and even defend the trolls in all your messages you even say that i should leave this community. maybe you are scared that this go further and they start doing something VS the trolls? because after read your message you look more "troll" than the 2 guys that "trolled" me.
CremeFromwood
Explorer
Explorer

Post by CremeFromwood »

Do chill out
instead of the needless complaints on just some ghosts just make what you want more archivable
want something proofread? just put the text out there say thanks.
don't make a big fuss of things that don't go your way
I proofread one of your previous videos so there that

instead of making a deal out of being ghosted just update your original thread "haven't heard anything from those that applied so if anyone is willing to proofread please do thanks" or something

A proper troll would have given you a proofreading that would make things wrong and/or silly
not just ghosting
ghosts aren't trolls
not sure if you are the troll or trollcandy but trolls can bring the entertainment at times don't take things on the web to heart lol
thatsprettyhot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thatsprettyhot »

Whoa, friends! There's so much to read I couldn't see thru half of it before I had to reply.

It's a battle of ideals between different takes on negative internet behaviour.. and stances that one should take to counter negative effects.

May I try to turn your attention however to these points:

1. I don't think anyone is in the wrong here, and everyone has the right to choose how they view facing negative behaviour

2. Of course giving out your opinions presents them to be judged by anyone, so we should also accept other kind of opinions

3. As you could also see Qiubi, when you find the correct people, you can get everything done nicely and without problems. I hope with me you already think you found someone who actually wants to help you, so could also just focus on that: leave behind the negative experiences and enjoy the positive company found and keep looking for more (I know I can be an asshole too but that's another thing :D )

4. To my experience, often when people are eagerly waiting for new content, they might promise too much so they could get playing the content already. So maybe the people you caught that didn't want to help after all, were just too excited about getting to see what you've made right then, and didn't think it over it might involve a lot of work for them. Maybe you could blame what happened on the natural hunger for more new content and getting overexcited to get their hands on it :p

5. Qiubi has too many good ideas and talents to create stuff, to waste his energy on negative vibes. For that matter, you can always send your proofreading to me if you liked how I suggested changes, so you never have to ask for that kind of help anymore :p

*6. EDITED : I think we're here to make fun things and have good times, so we could all think about what we could change/do to increase fun & good times output of the community. (Myself included, having my bad days sometimes xD )