video surveillance

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
DocileDude1
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

video surveillance

Post by DocileDude1 »

Hi guys and girls,
my Goddess wants to install some cameras in my home to get a 24/7 live feed of what i´m doing.
I have a few questions and did a quick search but haven´t found anything so i just made a new thread.

1. I know that i shouldn´t film other persons so the cameras will not be directed out of any windows
2. She would like to get the video on Her laptop and/or mobile
3. The cameras will be switched of when people not into bdsm are visiting
4. I would prefer other persons not to see the videos

And thats the main problem, IT-Security how can i make somewhat sure that she´s the only one watching?
I know that it´s pretty much impossible to be 100% sure but i don´t want to make it to easy.
Oh and the other part is do you know some good (and preferably cheap) cameras?

She realised many of my crazy ideas so it would be great if i could make this happen.
Thanks in advance for helping!

P.S. english isn´t my first language so please ignore the mistakes i´m sure i made.
sparkyjo
Explorer
Explorer

Re: video surveillance

Post by sparkyjo »

I am an expert in CCTV and have done may installs around the country
On the issue of security if you use one of the HikVision dvr units you can have the video data encrypted so that even if someone does intercept your data without your password they can see nothing.
HikVision is the Brand i recommend as they have proven to be the most reliable and hassle free.
they do a budget range called HiWatch which don't have all the features that a standard HikVision box does but still comes with encryption of the transmitted video streams.
You can get these boxes from Ebay.
feel free to PM me if you need more information.
DocileDude1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DocileDude1 »

Thank you for your fast and good answer.
I´ve got some questions regarding your recommendation:

The cameras i saw where pretty big and seem to be designed for outdoor use so they are pretty big. I would prefer to hide them when i get visitors so are there any smaller ones that are still encrypted? They don´t have to be waterproof and the resolution hasn´t got to be to high but hideable would be great.
If that isn´t possible can i remove and reinstall them simply or would that be a great hassle?

It would be great if one of the cameras had nightvision since one will be installed in my bedroom and She would like to watch me while i sleep sometimes. I already saw that the HiWatch cameras have nightvision, just in case there is a cheaper solution for indoors.
I don´t need a videorecorder since She just wants to watch me on her mobile but as i understood the HiWatchsystem i would need
a recorder so that a live broadcast is possible, am i right?
How is it possible to get the live broadcast to her mobile?
I already got a Rollei Actioncam (which was intended for other uses), is it possible to get the video of this camera to her mobile?
If that would be possible and it could ne encrypted that would be a great way to test the video surveillance before i spend a lot of money on a complete system.

P.S. i wrote my reply here since other readers could be interested in the answers, if you would prefer a PM i will send one.
sparkyjo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sparkyjo »

There are lots of smaller cameras that you can hide around your home that work in very low light conditions (in colour too) without needing IR night vision( which is in black and white and has the red lights on it which gives it's location away) so you need to work out how much ambient light there is at night to workout if they are suitable for your needs.
The DVR recorder is the device that encrypts the video not the cameras so whichever cameras you choose the video streams are able to be encrypted and password protected.
I believe the DVR has to have a hard drive fitted however you can turn recordings on or off as you see fit but I would have thought that your Goddess might like to confront you with proof of your indiscretions also she would be able to playback your whole day on her phone so her all seeing eye is upon you even as she sleeps.
Sorry just getting carried away.
As for your existing camera It's not one i'm familiar with but after a quick google I don't think you can encrypt it or view it remotely (but don't quote me on that)
If you get the DVR and 1 or 2 cameras you can test out your ideas and see what works for you.
also don't be tempted by the wireless options as privacy and security are a concern.
you could use ip based cameras and use homeplug connectors to connect the camera to the dvr and some IP cameras are capable of working stand alone so no dvr needed.
DocileDude1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by DocileDude1 »

Thanks again for your good advice!
I hadn´t thought about the wires, but of course you´re right i will have to get cables all across my home.
I will discuss all that with my Mistress since i will see her this weekend (in about 4 hours :-D ), and we will try to get this working.