[RELEASE] Technical Forms - Complete Edition

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Re: [RELEASE] Technical Forms - Complete Edition

Post by Carnal1 »

Thanks again for the help -I followed your directions and all going well.
Spoiler: show
I fixed: "if daycount>10 and tearoom_enable==True and tearoom_done==False:" and delete "daycount>10 and" i.e. make the line "if tearoom_enable==True and tearoom_done==False:"
tearoom_done==False: and $tearoom_enable=True was already good

Earlier when I had looked ahead by skipping through the tease, I had made sure to have at least 1 edge per day. It seemed the tearoom scene did activate as it should have without any fixes needed.

"library_scholar == True , liblesson1_enable==True , owlpattern_enable==False" - all three had been set FALSE, I changed as you suggested.
Earlier, before your reply, in trying to troubleshoot myself, I had tried setting library_enable and librarylesson1_enable to TRUE which then allowed me to progress through the library teases. But I will go back & do it how you suggested.

All seems to have worked great. I've done all the library lessons so far (rising and falling), had the tearoom encounter, followed by the encounter in the Onsen with Nanako. Had the vacation with Masumi, several more Dojo practices, Shunka, Onsens and Meditations, Shunka's Maiden Inauguration. Got the vase to my room. Letter from Shunka to visit in intimate room and did. Art of saying Thank You at the library. Eagerly continuing on, hopefully with little or no new issues. There is so much in this game that these kind of problems really haven't bothered me much - other than I am really anticipating seeing and experiencing everything and hoping to not miss anything. I am very much especially eager to experience all the new stuff that has been added. Thanks for having put so much work into this.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Carnal1 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:10 pm Thanks again for the help -I followed your directions and all going well.
I fixed: "if daycount>10 and tearoom_enable==True and tearoom_done==False:" and delete "daycount>10 and" i.e. make the line "if tearoom_enable==True and tearoom_done==False:"
tearoom_done==False: and $tearoom_enable=True was already good

Earlier when I had looked ahead by skipping through the tease, I had made sure to have at least 1 edge per day. It seemed the tearoom scene did activate as it should have without any fixes needed.

"library_scholar == True , liblesson1_enable==True , owlpattern_enable==False" - all three had been set FALSE, I changed as you suggested.
Earlier, before your reply, in trying to troubleshoot myself, I had tried setting library_enable and librarylesson1_enable to TRUE which then allowed me to progress through the library teases. But I will go back & do it how you suggested.

All seems to have worked great. I've done all the library lessons so far (rising and falling), had the tearoom encounter, followed by the encounter in the Onsen with Nanako. Had the vacation with Masumi, several more Dojo practices, Shunka, Onsens and Meditations, Shunka's Maiden Inauguration. Got the vase to my room. Letter from Shunka to visit in intimate room and did. Art of saying Thank You at the library. Eagerly continuing on, hopefully with little or no new issues. There is so much in this game that these kind of problems really haven't bothered me much - other than I am really anticipating seeing and experiencing everything and hoping to not miss anything. I am very much especially eager to experience all the new stuff that has been added. Thanks for having put so much work into this.

Great to hear it worked out! Let me give you some spoiler hints:
FIRST One thing I'm not sure how it is implemented/ plugged-in from a game-balance perspective is Cate and Destiny sidestory which AvatarBr contributed. It takes its beginning in the meditation room and although it is a "non-mandatory" element in the game, I#d really advise you to get through the Catie and Destiny side story to "open" Destiny's house, where AvatarBr did a awesome work! I allowed to start the story way earlier than thought becuase it takes several days to do through. Anyway, my hint would be to re-visit the meditation room every now and then - but not every day something will happen.

SECOND: Don't be too disappointed by Nanakos place. I still feel it could be way better than it is. The fun/new part of the game will begin afterwards I'd say.

THIRD: As soon as the Shrine becomes a thing: Take it serious. Visiting it often/ regularily is key.

I'm eager to see how you progress because after Nanako the game gets less linear which has pros and cons.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Found a nother major bug which prevents the Catie and Destiny sidestory progressing beyond the first encounter in the meditation room:

in
23from_lby_meditate_RM_room10.rpy
search for
call catiesidestory from _call_catiesidestory_1

and insert afte rthat line (with indent so that elif is on same indent-level as "if" above and "else" beyond)

elif destinysidestorystart==False and wizardlevel>=3:
call catiesidestory

Cause it is hard to understand for someone without any idea of indent stuff, I'll upload this fix in the post above where all fixes had been put
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Found a nother major bug which prevents the Catie and Destiny sidestory progressing beyond the first encounter in the meditation room:

in
23from_lby_meditate_RM_room10.rpy
search for
call catiesidestory from _call_catiesidestory_1

and insert afte rthat line (with indent so that elif is on same indent-level as "if" above and "else" beyond)

elif destinysidestorystart==False and wizardlevel>=3:
call catiesidestory

Cause it is hard to understand for someone without any idea of indent stuff, I'll upload this fix in the post above where all fixes had been put

For you, Carnal, who probably has all the fixes before, just use this file:
https://mega.nz/file/BxQBXSAS#muB7QJgh1 ... 20fgNwDuyk
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Carnal1 »

Thanks for the latest bug fix. I'm still at Nanako's place so might be a bit before this is needed, but your directions for fixes are very easy to follow - finding and changing a few lines and such - thanks for making them so clear.
I'm not disappointed with Nanako's, though I suppose I can see how it could've been developed a bit more maybe, but enjoyable as is. It seems it was a nice addition to the very original story line. I recall when I played it ages ago, I had some glitches and tried fixing them via just changing some variables directly. I think that caused me to miss a few things which I'm seeing this time.

One very minor glitch I have encountered was during one of the Michelle scenes at Nanako's where I am edge holding/pleasuring, every new picture change caused an error pop up (which continued OK when clicked ignore).

File "game/nanakoplace_teases.rpy", line 1639, in script
$wait=renpy.random.randint(mintime, maxtime)
File "game/nanakoplace_teases.rpy", line 1639, in <module>
ValueError: non-integer arg 1 for randrange()

I am looking forward to Catie and destiny (and everything else)
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Carnal1 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:49 am Thanks for the latest bug fix. I'm still at Nanako's place so might be a bit before this is needed, but your directions for fixes are very easy to follow - finding and changing a few lines and such - thanks for making them so clear.
I'm not disappointed with Nanako's, though I suppose I can see how it could've been developed a bit more maybe, but enjoyable as is. It seems it was a nice addition to the very original story line. I recall when I played it ages ago, I had some glitches and tried fixing them via just changing some variables directly. I think that caused me to miss a few things which I'm seeing this time.

One very minor glitch I have encountered was during one of the Michelle scenes at Nanako's where I am edge holding/pleasuring, every new picture change caused an error pop up (which continued OK when clicked ignore).

File "game/nanakoplace_teases.rpy", line 1639, in script
File "game/nanakoplace_teases.rpy", line 1639, in <module>
ValueError: non-integer arg 1 for randrange()

I am looking forward to Catie and destiny (and everything else)
That's good to hear!
As for the bug, that's an easy one. Didn't care for non-integers entering the function. Should be easy to fix as follows:

in nanakoplace_teases.rpy search for:

and use ctrl+H (search and replace) ALL those twenty something lines with

$wait=renpy.random.randint(int(mintime), int(maxtime))

didn't test it but that way calculated min and maxtime get rounded to integer and hence the randint function which picks a random integer between a min and max integer given, should work.

Have fun!
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by avatarbr »

Hey, I am back (kind of, don't have too much time to play around), but I start playing tha last part.

Since I am using a old save (and editing variables), can't help too much with bugs. But what I got was almost new variables related.

I will PM you after finishing the new part. But I am glad someone is playing from the start to experience everything new
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Carnal1 »

A bit of an update and a few minor hiccups encountered. Still playing, still very much enjoying the game :w00t: . Very engrossing and addictive! Unbelievable how much has been put into the Technical Forms world.
I've been saving these for a while now - as most seemed pretty minor and didn't much affect gameplay or were easily corrected. Unfortunately that means I probably didn't record very detailed info on everything associated and have progressed enough to not easily go back to recreate. There's sooo much going on in the game I have a hard time keeping track of all I've done and who I've seen!! Sorry, hopefully you have enough to figure out anything important.
Was in Nanako's day 6, bath area tease with Yoko and got this error which I chose "ignore" which continued the tease but then returned again. When I tried to Roll Back to double check what happened the game crashed. I reloaded and used skip to get through the same teases I'd done and retried the bath with the same result but this time didn't Roll back and just ignored which did ok.

File "game/nanakosoapland.rpy", line 254, in script call
call newpic(pic_static, 1, pic_max) from _call_newpic_802
File "game/calls.rpy", line 78, in script
show pic_name at truecenter with dissolve
Exception: DynamicImage u'[pic_static] ([pic_cnt])': could not find image. (u'yoko9 (21)')

I didn't look closely at how it chooses the pictures but yoko9 series only goes to 12, so perhaps a typo?

All the rest of Nanako's place seemed to run great and I actually enjoyed it a lot. Though I kept awaiting the soapland videos I recalled from long ago play. When they never showed I went looking and see they've been removed & replaced with the bathing scenes to save space. haha. :lol: I can't recall how they'd been used originally, they were nice vids but I think it used to just have you watch them without much direction?, so not much loss if I recall correctly.

Back @ Anri's after Nanako's place. I learned of shrine& gods, Shunka butterfly.

Went to meditation and got Catie "Welcome back slave..." which shouldn't have shown yet as I hadn't seen her to begin with. I backed up and changed catiessidestory1_enable to True (was false) and catielastencounter to 0 (was 2) I think this was leftover from an earlier error that you fixed for me but my save still had the variable set.

Met Moe & Erina
Anri - told of new tournament/Expo
Met Kaho.

End of Expo 2nd day after Shaelah, seems I'm to go see Anri but get a just a beep and then jumps to lobby. Maybe this is what's supposed to happen? But I was expecting an end scene with Anri at the Expo.

Go on holiday
Kaho in onsen. Says go to library to learn something.
library "slave training adjustment"

After training with Kaho, she wants thanks for "expiereince" - misspelled but I couldn't find it in the *.rpy's. Caught me every time I had to thank her!

Destiny training started.. 1st warm up ends with calling dragon then immediate stop while she explains but dragon beat continues. This happens in a few other scenes later where beats continue after they should've stopped, as I recall but unfortunately I didn't record each time.

Meeting Kaho & China when Anri says she's leaving them in charge and get an error:
File "game/Kaho_and_China_regime_teases.rpy", line 134, in script call
call makepuase(9.8) from _call_makepuase
ScriptError: could not find label 'makepuase'.

Should be makepause (misspelled 4 times in the rpy)

Second time with Destiny error:
File "game/destiny_sidestory.rpy", line 210, in <module>
call addstrokes(fast, eagle, 6.8) from _call_addstrokes_1
NameError: name 'fast' is not defined

Missing quotes on "fast" and "eagle" I added them and all worked well after.

Enter onsen and take a bath: got this error popping up: "Yet to be defined onsen tease after 2 visits" but game continued.

Towards end of day turned into corridor to bedroom and knocked on door to right to see Kaho and got this error:
File "game/10inside_corridorsAND_Stairs.rpy", line 103, in script
menu kahoanswer:
File "game/10inside_corridorsAND_Stairs.rpy", line 104, in <module>
"Sorry I wanted to see Shunka in order to... bring her vase and... an never mind" if vase_shunkaoffering_explained==True and vase==True and vase_inroom==False and kaho3tease_enable==True:
NameError: name 'kaho3tease_enable' is not defined

--I guessed kaho3tease_enable = False at this point and entered it as variable.(didn't work so tried True which seems to then work OK)

The Options menu in the upper right corner usually doesn't show but did when I brought vase to Shunka in little room and I think one other time earlier. Should it be showing all the time (or none of the time) or is it not showing because of how I answered about my preferences earlier? I have been going to the library and using experience points to add to "skills" (so far about 70 points used) If it's from my earlier preferences, can I change anything about that? The variables show skill_menuactive = True and skill_menufromwhere = u'library' if that's anything.
Anyway, still a great tease and very impressed how much has been added and expanded upon from the original.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Carnal1 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:54 pm A bit of an update and a few minor hiccups encountered. Still playing, still very much enjoying the game :w00t: . Very engrossing and addictive! Unbelievable how much has been put into the Technical Forms world.
I've been saving these for a while now - as most seemed pretty minor and didn't much affect gameplay or were easily corrected. Unfortunately that means I probably didn't record very detailed info on everything associated and have progressed enough to not easily go back to recreate. There's sooo much going on in the game I have a hard time keeping track of all I've done and who I've seen!! Sorry, hopefully you have enough to figure out anything important.
Hey! Thanks a lot for the feedback! Happy to hear you're still playing. I was about (I am about) to play through again myself and it seems like endless... Also, I'm happy to see you only encountered minor bugs. I'll walk through in the spoiler:

Was in Nanako's day 6, bath area tease with Yoko and got this error which I chose "ignore" which continued the tease but then returned again. When I tried to Roll Back to double check what happened the game crashed. I reloaded and used skip to get through the same teases I'd done and retried the bath with the same result but this time didn't Roll back and just ignored which did ok.

File "game/nanakosoapland.rpy", line 254, in script call
call newpic(pic_static, 1, pic_max) from _call_newpic_802
File "game/calls.rpy", line 78, in script
show pic_name at truecenter with dissolve
Exception: DynamicImage u'[pic_static] ([pic_cnt])': could not find image. (u'yoko9 (21)')

I didn't look closely at how it chooses the pictures but yoko9 series only goes to 12, so perhaps a typo?

--> Yep, Typo. In nanakosoapland.rpy search for
if soaplandlecture3_enable==True:
hide soapland
$pic_static="yoko9"
$voicename="raveena"
$maidname2="yoko"
$pic_max=21

and replace 21 by 12

All the rest of Nanako's place seemed to run great and I actually enjoyed it a lot. Though I kept awaiting the soapland videos I recalled from long ago play. When they never showed I went looking and see they've been removed & replaced with the bathing scenes to save space. haha. :lol: I can't recall how they'd been used originally, they were nice vids but I think it used to just have you watch them without much direction?, so not much loss if I recall correctly.

--> I took them out cause vids took a lot of space and at the time I made it, it was considered more as an easteregg or something towards the very end of the game. Didnt know where all this would go. Also, cause the soapland theme is a little to weirdo and more related to personal expierence I decided it's not worth the space/ memory and deleted/ replaced the part. Sorry for keeping you waiting :)

Back @ Anri's after Nanako's place. I learned of shrine& gods, Shunka butterfly.

Went to meditation and got Catie "Welcome back slave..." which shouldn't have shown yet as I hadn't seen her to begin with. I backed up and changed catiessidestory1_enable to True (was false) and catielastencounter to 0 (was 2) I think this was leftover from an earlier error that you fixed for me but my save still had the variable set.

--> Mhh might be, will look into again.

Met Moe & Erina
Anri - told of new tournament/Expo
Met Kaho.

End of Expo 2nd day after Shaelah, seems I'm to go see Anri but get a just a beep and then jumps to lobby. Maybe this is what's supposed to happen? But I was expecting an end scene with Anri at the Expo.

--> If I remember correctly in the meantime I encountered that too and fixed it.

Go on holiday
Kaho in onsen. Says go to library to learn something.
library "slave training adjustment"

After training with Kaho, she wants thanks for "expiereince" - misspelled but I couldn't find it in the *.rpy's. Caught me every time I had to thank her!

--> That's an easy one. To fix it yourself go to
calls.rpy and search for:

kaho "Alright. Now thank me first for the extra

then replace expiereince by experience

Destiny training started.. 1st warm up ends with calling dragon then immediate stop while she explains but dragon beat continues. This happens in a few other scenes later where beats continue after they should've stopped, as I recall but unfortunately I didn't record each time.

At least at the first time you're supposed to stroke on while she explains. But you're right there was a "stop" voice before which is odd. Canceld the "stop" command. Modified the text, now saying something "go on while you listen"...
Still, it might well be that there are other spots where it should stop but goes on. Generally speaking I tried to implement more stroking while reading in the gameplay to avoid long breaks. Also there something in the background going on that allows to see and keep track of the strokes/ number you did and strokes necessary to to in the current tease. Gets activated way later if at all (hard to find skill). But as I went over nearly all teases ex post I might have produced some of those errors.

Meeting Kaho & China when Anri says she's leaving them in charge and get an error:
File "game/Kaho_and_China_regime_teases.rpy", line 134, in script call
call makepuase(9.8) from _call_makepuase
ScriptError: could not find label 'makepuase'.

Should be makepause (misspelled 4 times in the rpy)

Second time with Destiny error:
File "game/destiny_sidestory.rpy", line 210, in <module>
call addstrokes(fast, eagle, 6.8) from _call_addstrokes_1
NameError: name 'fast' is not defined

Missing quotes on "fast" and "eagle" I added them and all worked well after.

Thanks for reporting. Ecountered both errors myself, fixed them as you did.

Enter onsen and take a bath: got this error popping up: "Yet to be defined onsen tease after 2 visits" but game continued.

Ha! Completely forgotten. Actually not much happens except for one tease if you take a bath. Wanted to make more though. Hence this placeholder. Fixed it.But I think it's not important to post here... anyway, why not. New code:

menu menuonsen:
"{i}What should you do?{/i}"
"Take a bath" if onsentease1_done==False:
"{i}Hope nobody is watching.{w=1.5} Just a quick bath...{/i}{w=1.5}{nw}"
play sound "<from 0 to 6>audio/swimming.wav"
window hide
$renpy.pause(5.5, hard=True)
if onsencount>2 and onsentease1_done==False:
jump onsentease1
elif onsencount<=2:
"{i}Nobody is watching.{w=1.5} It's so relaxing...{/i}{w=1.5}{nw}"
play sound "<from 0 to 6>audio/swimming.wav"
window hide
$renpy.pause(5.5, hard=True)
#"{i}Yet to be defined onsen tease after 2 visits{/i}"
#jump onsen_tease
jump onsen
#window show
jump menuonsen

Towards end of day turned into corridor to bedroom and knocked on door to right to see Kaho and got this error:
File "game/10inside_corridorsAND_Stairs.rpy", line 103, in script
menu kahoanswer:
File "game/10inside_corridorsAND_Stairs.rpy", line 104, in <module>
"Sorry I wanted to see Shunka in order to... bring her vase and... an never mind" if vase_shunkaoffering_explained==True and vase==True and vase_inroom==False and kaho3tease_enable==True:
NameError: name 'kaho3tease_enable' is not defined

--I guessed kaho3tease_enable = False at this point and entered it as variable.(didn't work so tried True which seems to then work OK)

Okay to fix that, in 10_inside....rpy search for "Sorry I wanted to see Shunka in order to... bring" and make the line look like the following (which basically means adding kaho2tease_enable==False to the conditions):

"Sorry I wanted to see Shunka in order to... bring her vase and... an never mind" if vase_shunkaoffering_explained==True and vase==True and vase_inroom==False and kaho2tease_enable==False and kaho3tease_enable==True:

then, in in Kaho_and_China_regime_teases.rpy search for

label kahovasetease: #from corridormenu $kaho2tease_enable=False suggested

and add (could add anywhere actually as a default:

default kaho3tease_enable=True

The Options menu in the upper right corner usually doesn't show but did when I brought vase to Shunka in little room and I think one other time earlier. Should it be showing all the time (or none of the time) or is it not showing because of how I answered about my preferences earlier? I have been going to the library and using experience points to add to "skills" (so far about 70 points used) If it's from my earlier preferences, can I change anything about that? The variables show skill_menuactive = True and skill_menufromwhere = u'library' if that's anything.

Mhhh... sounds like you're still at the beginning to learn about the menu or I didnt get your point. The menu only shows up when you get teased. Didn't want the player to be bothered by it all the time cause it is only useful in tease situations. You can show the menu with call anriscreen or show screen anristopscreen correspondingly you can command hide screen anristopscreen to hide it using the console. But actually there is no point in doing so.

As for you preference/ skill points. Yes, they are from earlier. Depending on how you did before in terms of behaviour. You will get more in course of the game to use.

Carnal1 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:54 pm Anyway, still a great tease and very impressed how much has been added and expanded upon from the original.

Thanks a lot again and I'd say you're just half way through.
Some hints:
Maybe I already told ya: Take the Destiny and Catie thing in the meditation room serious although it takes many days. It will unlock a very well-crafted area done by avatarbr which is stunning!!

Also, I'm not sure how self-evident it is to find the village. Re-visiting the woodhut regularily will lead you there and although finding your way through the woods might be tough, try your best. Maps will help.

Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Carnal1 »

Thanks for the last bits of fixes. I've now encountered a bit more while still being amazed and enjoying it all. Difficulty is definitely ramping up and yet - it seems the game actually does develop my ability to (just) succeed in meeting expectations of the training!
I was introduced to the woods/village/map and proceeded to explore that. Quite some challenges!!
First: when exploring the village, I came across and entered Ryo's house(before encountering her in the street, which I did afterwards) Ryo commanded me to tie my balls during her stroking but neglected to untie me after. At first I thought perhaps it was planned for me to have to then remain tied while exploring the village but obviously not as each encounter later involving tieing/untieing was messed up with the wrong "My balls are free again" or "My balls are tied" button. I fixed while playing by simply changing the associated variable and all was well but I assume the untie call was missed in leaving Ryo's house.

Second: Something is missing about stroke counting. I first encountered an error when leaving the woods, select "go south back to lake" and it shows a quick pic of lake followed by a flash pic of a nude woman and then "an exception has occurred":
File "game/lake.rpy", line 159, in script call
call strokebankmaxcalc(2900) from _call_strokebankmaxcalc
ScriptError: could not find label 'strokebankmaxcalc'.

I did a quick look through the rpy's just to see if a typo jumped out but didn't see anything. So I chose to Roll Back and did same thing but no error the second time. However it repeated pretty much every time I exited the woods, sometimes requiring me to retry several times. Since the game did seem to continue ok, I kept playing.

However, now after I finished the day of Kaho & China's competition, went back to bedroom (with getting stopped for masu by Shunka) and when I tried to enter bedroom got error:

File "game/calls.rpy", line 1538, in script
$strokebank_daily=strokebank_daily+strokebank
File "game/calls.rpy", line 1538, in <module>
NameError: name 'strokebank' is not defined

Again, I tried Ignore and continued ok. But same happened the next morning when leaving the room. And seems to constantly pop up whenever stroking. Looking at the Variable Viewer it has "strokebank = deleted" "strokebank_daily = 0" "strokebankmax=3468" strokebankmaxinput = 0" "strokebankmaxrest=0" "strokebar_active=False" "strokebar_tempactive=False" "strokeinstruction=u"" and "strokes=0" I'm guessing the variable strokebank ought to not be alpha "deleted" but instead a numerical value? Hopefully this and the "strokebankmaxcalc" are minor easy fixes.
I appreciate your continued support in all this. I looked ahead a bit to see how much of an issue the stroke count would be and I see the game is about to get BUSY! Daily dojo training, daily Shrine visits, daily library training, daily Shunka training, daily Destiny, ..... WOW! It really is a fantastic game and surprising to me more haven't seemed to have found it to play.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Hi there! I hope it's not too late. I played through the newer parts myself and esp. when it comes to where you are now, I fixed a lot of things. So I will upload a bundle of files for you to replace (still, better save the files to be overwritten before you replace them). I am kind of confident that it will give you a much better play. Esp. with village, destiny house and all the tasks there had been some interferrences which didnt go well. A lot of polishing, re-balancing and things. Storywise nothing changed though.

For your errors, see below
Carnal1 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:54 pm Thanks for the last bits of fixes. I've now encountered a bit more while still being amazed and enjoying it all. Difficulty is definitely ramping up and yet - it seems the game actually does develop my ability to (just) succeed in meeting expectations of the training!
I was introduced to the woods/village/map and proceeded to explore that. Quite some challenges!!
First: when exploring the village, I came across and entered Ryo's house(before encountering her in the street, which I did afterwards) Ryo commanded me to tie my balls during her stroking but neglected to untie me after. At first I thought perhaps it was planned for me to have to then remain tied while exploring the village but obviously not as each encounter later involving tieing/untieing was messed up with the wrong "My balls are free again" or "My balls are tied" button. I fixed while playing by simply changing the associated variable and all was well but I assume the untie call was missed in leaving Ryo's house.

--> Know that, think I fixed it.

Second: Something is missing about stroke counting. I first encountered an error when leaving the woods, select "go south back to lake" and it shows a quick pic of lake followed by a flash pic of a nude woman and then "an exception has occurred":
File "game/lake.rpy", line 159, in script call
call strokebankmaxcalc(2900) from _call_strokebankmaxcalc
ScriptError: could not find label 'strokebankmaxcalc'.

I did a quick look through the rpy's just to see if a typo jumped out but didn't see anything. So I chose to Roll Back and did same thing but no error the second time. However it repeated pretty much every time I exited the woods, sometimes requiring me to retry several times. Since the game did seem to continue ok, I kept playing.

--> Search an replace strokebankmaxcalc by strokebankmax ... so without calc. But it will be fixed in the fuile set I provide

However, now after I finished the day of Kaho & China's competition, went back to bedroom (with getting stopped for masu by Shunka) and when I tried to enter bedroom got error:

File "game/calls.rpy", line 1538, in script
File "game/calls.rpy", line 1538, in <module>
NameError: name 'strokebank' is not defined

--> Mhhh looks like I simply forgot a default strokebank=0 ... put it anywhere in the script

Again, I tried Ignore and continued ok. But same happened the next morning when leaving the room. And seems to constantly pop up whenever stroking. Looking at the Variable Viewer it has "strokebank = deleted" "strokebank_daily = 0" "strokebankmax=3468" strokebankmaxinput = 0" "strokebankmaxrest=0" "strokebar_active=False" "strokebar_tempactive=False" "strokeinstruction=u"" and "strokes=0" I'm guessing the variable strokebank ought to not be alpha "deleted" but instead a numerical value? Hopefully this and the "strokebankmaxcalc" are minor easy fixes.
I appreciate your continued support in all this. I looked ahead a bit to see how much of an issue the stroke count would be and I see the game is about to get BUSY! Daily dojo training, daily Shrine visits, daily library training, daily Shunka training, daily Destiny, ..... WOW! It really is a fantastic game and surprising to me more haven't seemed to have found it to play.

--> the strokebank stuff is very important in the background. Hence without correcting the error you'll encounter it again and again. I guess you did not yet get the skill to "see" the Lust of the girl teasing you for a specific time, right? It's called Lustview and to get it activated in your version I think you need to sacrifice some of your pre-cum from the vase at a shrine (think the main shrine or the one in the woods?... dunno changed to much there. In the files provided it will get more straight forward to activate this skill.

Attachments
TF4 Bugfix no5 - March23.rar
(252.46 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

I am back working on the Edging Training part.

I am thinking in make some sort of DLC for that, for a few reasons:

- I think the Main game is already completed and long enough.
- The edge part don't really fit in the main theme.
- The Main game is already too big, and I am thinking in put some more pictures here. So I don't want to make the download even bigger.

Will be just a download to extract in the main folder, so not a big deal, and I can wait until the game is finished to release.

The Edging Training is already over 20 parts (days?) and I am focusing in make 30 days. The, maybe, include some things in the middle. Will be independent to the main story (you just will need to finish Destiny's House), and should be ok to play at any point. I am thinking in the end, where you still have some automatic teases, but the world feels empty.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

avatarbr wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:05 am I am back working on the Edging Training part.

I am thinking in make some sort of DLC for that, for a few reasons:

- I think the Main game is already completed and long enough.
- The edge part don't really fit in the main theme.
- The Main game is already too big, and I am thinking in put some more pictures here. So I don't want to make the download even bigger.

Will be just a download to extract in the main folder, so not a big deal, and I can wait until the game is finished to release.

The Edging Training is already over 20 parts (days?) and I am focusing in make 30 days. The, maybe, include some things in the middle. Will be independent to the main story (you just will need to finish Destiny's House), and should be ok to play at any point. I am thinking in the end, where you still have some automatic teases, but the world feels empty.
Seems like my answer wasnt saved... so I'll try again in short:

- Currently I'm not doing a lot. Discovered TAI and Succubi Hunter and try to make it work and play.... aaahhhm time budget gone :innocent:

- Anyway: Playing Succubi Hunter makes me more excited in building in such a mechanic into TF for a later stage. I think I'm able to do so coding wise now and e.g. health bars and stuff is already available. Actually I think (no offense for TAI guys) an RPG battle mode would be much nicer from a GUI-point of view in renpy. But thats a project for the rest of the year or so.

- For the moment I totally agree: Game is large enough. Played nearly through and fixed this and that and it is really epic.

- DLC style is great. I'm sure it will be possible to add seperately or we find a way to bind it in optionally. In the long run I'm pretty sure I will go on developping it. The coding stuff really got fun. As for the edging training: Let me know if you need/ want/ could imagine a special skill or something for that part to be available in the skill tree. Just an idea.

- I'd say don't wait until the game is finished. It probably will never be finished. Give me a ring when you're done at your side and I'll load up the current version and we provide your add-on side by side. Also, let me know if you want the current version. Think it differs nto that much from yours. Except balancing and fixing bugs you are well able to fix yourself on the fly.

Just one thing in case you are still playing: Pls activate the strokebar thing and skill it in the library just to let me know how what you think. In case you dont get it activate, do so by setting the variables active manually. I think in your version it's still too hidden. Could tell you which variable to set true, dont know at the moment, would need to look up.
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

richman2 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:05 pm

- Currently I'm not doing a lot. Discovered TAI and Succubi Hunter and try to make it work and play.... aaahhhm time budget gone :innocent:

- Anyway: Playing Succubi Hunter makes me more excited in building in such a mechanic into TF for a later stage. I think I'm able to do so coding wise now and e.g. health bars and stuff is already available. Actually I think (no offense for TAI guys) an RPG battle mode would be much nicer from a GUI-point of view in renpy. But thats a project for the rest of the year or so.
Oh, that is nice. Give a try on HoT (House of Tease). I did spend something like 2 years working on that. Of course started as something small I wanted do add, and finished as one of the bigger personalities for Tease AI :lol:

Serious, it have about 500 modules, you probably will never see the same one 2x, I even made a script to avoid a little the random choice of modules. I think once for session, TeaseAi will pick one module in sequence, to make sure all the modules will be played (possibly).

HoT-> viewtopic.php?t=16957
richman2 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:05 pm - For the moment I totally agree: Game is large enough. Played nearly through and fixed this and that and it is really epic.

- DLC style is great. I'm sure it will be possible to add seperately or we find a way to bind it in optionally. In the long run I'm pretty sure I will go on developping it. The coding stuff really got fun. As for the edging training: Let me know if you need/ want/ could imagine a special skill or something for that part to be available in the skill tree. Just an idea.
I almost restrain myself to include to many pics, but with the size of the scripts, I decided to give 3 girls options for the player to pick (and one extra for random girls). So yeah, already increasing the size.

One thing I was thinking is about the chance you fail some tasks (or cum in the middle). There are some training with edge in time, and no option to say you did not get there in time. I am not sure if I want to implement that yet or not.
richman2 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:05 pm - I'd say don't wait until the game is finished. It probably will never be finished. Give me a ring when you're done at your side and I'll load up the current version and we provide your add-on side by side. Also, let me know if you want the current version. Think it differs nto that much from yours. Except balancing and fixing bugs you are well able to fix yourself on the fly.
Oh yeah. I wanted to say when you open the new topic. I want to let people play the main game before releasing this. When you finish with the bug fix you can send me a copy...
richman2 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:05 pm Just one thing in case you are still playing: Pls activate the strokebar thing and skill it in the library just to let me know how what you think. In case you dont get it activate, do so by setting the variables active manually. I think in your version it's still too hidden. Could tell you which variable to set true, dont know at the moment, would need to look up.
...I plan to play from the start again, but I want to forget more about the story before going through.

I will only need to change 1 or 2 lines on the Destiny House file to include the DLC, so is not a big deal to have the last verion quickly.

BTW, how important for immersion you think is to make "the walk part through the rooms" until the actual tease? I made just a "start edging training" buttom and you just jump in the tease, no matter if the pics are in a pool or in a bathroom.

I am asking because I would need to make 4x for every day, since there is 4 girls you can choose as your trainer. And for now, there is 25 teases done. Maybe I will just make a text saying "you go to the pool and find Mistress X for your training"
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

avatarbr wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:49 am

Oh, that is nice. Give a try on HoT (House of Tease). I did spend something like 2 years working on that. Of course started as something small I wanted do add, and finished as one of the bigger personalities for Tease AI :lol:

Serious, it have about 500 modules, you probably will never see the same one 2x, I even made a script to avoid a little the random choice of modules. I think once for session, TeaseAi will pick one module in sequence, to make sure all the modules will be played (possibly).

HoT-> viewtopic.php?t=16957
Oh yeah I know you're the Lord of HoT :) Remember it ever since .... like 2008? That's why I'm so happy you joined me with TF development :-)
Also gave the TAI version of HoT a shot some time ago. Think I struggled as always to get TAI running perfectly (all the image categories, tagging, etc) but definitely enjoyed!

avatarbr wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:49 am I almost restrain myself to include to many pics, but with the size of the scripts, I decided to give 3 girls options for the player to pick (and one extra for random girls). So yeah, already increasing the size.

One thing I was thinking is about the chance you fail some tasks (or cum in the middle). There are some training with edge in time, and no option to say you did not get there in time. I am not sure if I want to implement that yet or not.
Think with pic filesize (per pic) on hitherto levels more pics shouldnt be a major issue. Also, despite for my setup and preferences filesize is at a limit, when I look to other projects it still seems pretty small :lol: Like TAI + Succubi Script + Media.... 15 GB here you go. Always brings my sandbox encrypted diskspace to a limit.

[/quote]
avatarbr wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:49 am Oh yeah. I wanted to say when you open the new topic. I want to let people play the main game before releasing this. When you finish with the bug fix you can send me a copy...
Oh damn the new topic! You're right. Totally forgot. But yes, will focus on it again.
avatarbr wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:49 am
BTW, how important for immersion you think is to make "the walk part through the rooms" until the actual tease? I made just a "start edging training" buttom and you just jump in the tease, no matter if the pics are in a pool or in a bathroom.

I am asking because I would need to make 4x for every day, since there is 4 girls you can choose as your trainer. And for now, there is 25 teases done. Maybe I will just make a text saying "you go to the pool and find Mistress X for your training"
Dont know if I get you right... you mean how important for immersion it is to walk through the house or through rooms to get to a point where action happens?
Thought about that a lot. What I implemented in the game so far/ the way I solved it has been: At the very beginning you have to walk it all. Later you can just click and walk automatically. Like from bedroom to lobby, from lobby to shrine, village to shrine, etc.

So generally I think getting the player to walk through (although annoying to some) is essential. It is (I feel) a major difference to say standard Tease AI teases (though there are exceptions) or the like where you don't have that "walk through a world" concept but basically just a series of teases. For your special problem, I suggest to once find a room where the (a first) training happens, then after having one or two trainings done when entering DH there could be a Maid appearing asking you "should I escort you to your today's training venue?" Then she blindfolds you to make it a surprise...black screen, break, walking sound, tadaaa whatever setting you like is justified. Pool/ living room, etc. If you get talkative about it a bit like "today it's a poolside training for you!" it is even better but not a must have.

P.s.: I love "bounce the edge"! But it is hard to code (cause manually timed stuff... you think you could write a generic code for that to be called? Like calling other stroke instructions?