[RELEASE] Technical Forms - Complete Edition

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: [RELEASE] Technical Forms - Complete Edition

Post by avatarbr »

mandarynkorian wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am Maybe the tournament hosted by some world region where there are girls from specific region/country. For example south america, south/north/middle africa or more specific like single country.
That gives some interesting possibilities to play with. You can take regional thing into plot. Every country has something different.
Some words and lines of language can be placed in dialogs. Some girls can speak only in local language (not the english).

Latin america and Mexico is an interesting place IMO.
I think I try that when I made a Tease AI version for techical Forms, but did not worked for me. In the end, I just made regional, national, etc competitions. I am not good at creating regional differences.

But I am looking for different girls for the new competition. I will look at latin america (you are nver sure the girl origin in websites :lol: )

markus wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:23 pm Hey there! :wave:

I didn't even played yet :blush: , that's mostly because of it seems to grow and grow, ... and grow! :w00t:

So, I'd like to wait until I hear a 'ok, at least for a while we are done'.
Just to explain why,... that is because I'd like to replace the pictures of it before I play (don't mind me, I have a more special taste which I know most people wouldn't enjoy as much as those well selected pictures which are in it, ... no criticism AT ALL about the pictures, just not my cup of tea).
Thanks....that is my fault :lol: When I learn a new tool, I get excited and go crazy :lol: :lol: Wait until I learn how to create for Archive.

About the pictures, don't worry, I have my own set for Techican Forms too. And I made a small easter egg about that in the new content, not sure if anyone will get :whistle:

But just to you know, you will need to resize the pictures. Not sure if it's related with the screen resolution, but I resize the height to 800 px to work. Rename is easy, size mostly used the windows way: (1), (2), etc. I just try to keep the clothed/nude close enough, in case there are mentions in the texts.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:01 pm Wait until I learn how to create for Archive.
I'll take this as a promise :-P , Archive is a project I really love to see to develop, and more content is what it needs!
But just to you know, you will need to resize the pictures. Not sure if it's related with the screen resolution, but I resize the height to 800 px to work.
To resize and rename pictures is no problem, I have tools for that, ... resize can be done with IrfanView in a 'batch-convert', renaming with 'Ant Renamer', great tools, freeware and easy to use. :-)

Best greetings,
Markus
:wave:
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

Hey,

before continuing to make the competition, I want to share what I have in mind for the code. Just to make sure it's a good idea.

Spoiler: show
This is the part I wrote where Anri explain the rules:

Code: Select all

show anri17 (2) at truecenter with dissolve

anri "Since you are already a Yokuzuna, you don't need to compete in the preliminary games."
    anri "That gave us time to tell you about this new competition. There are a lot of changes since the last one."
    hide anri17 (2)
    show anri17 (3) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "After the preliminary games, we will have 4 days of competition. The difficulty will increase day by day."
    anri "Every day, we have matches focused in reach a certain number of strokes, always following the forms."
    hide anri17 (3)
    show anri17 (4) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "Every match will have between 3 and 5 rounds. Each one with that desired number of strokes."
    anri "Like, the first day we have a target of 200 strokes, 3 times."
    anri "I think it's easy if I show you how that works."
    hide anri17 (4)

label av_anri_demo:
    $av_cnt=5
    $av_cnt_rounds = 0
    $av_cnt_beats = 0
    $av_picture100="anri17 ([av_cnt])" 
    image av_picture100="anri17 ([av_cnt])"
    show av_picture100 at truecenter with dissolve
    $av_cnt+=1
    anri "This is a 200 strokes game. There are a 100 strokes, but that is for rookies in preliminary games{w=5}{nw}"
    anri "You need to reach 200 strokes before getting a break. Let's do it, so you can understand better.{w=3}{nw}"
    voice "audio/voices/kendrabegin.mp3"
    $renpy.pause(0.8, hard=True)

label av_anri_demo_beats:
    $av_rnd_form = renpy.random.randint(1,7)

if av_rnd_form==1:
        voice "audio/voices/kendradog.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/dog100.wav"
        $renpy.pause(9.5, hard=True)
        $av_cnt_beats+=16
    if av_rnd_form==2:
        voice "audio/voices/kendrasnake.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/snake100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=24
    if av_rnd_form==3:
        voice "audio/voices/kendraeagle.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/eagle100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=28
    if av_rnd_form==4:
        voice "audio/voices/kendracat.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/cat100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=20
    if av_rnd_form==5:
        voice "audio/voices/kendradragon.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/dragon100.wav"
        $renpy.pause(9.7, hard=True)
        $av_cnt_beats+=32
    if av_rnd_form==6:
        voice "audio/voices/kendraowl.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/owl100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=16
    if av_rnd_form==7:
        voice "audio/voices/kendratiger.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/tiger100.wav"
        $renpy.pause(8.5, hard=True)
        $av_cnt_beats+=16

if av_cnt_beats>=200: 
        jump av_anri_demo_pause

$av_rnd_pic = renpy.random.randint(1,100)
    if av_rnd_pic>=60:
        hide av_picture100 
        $av_cnt+=1

jump av_anri_demo_beats

label av_anri_demo_pause:

voice "audio/voices/kendrastop.mp3"
    $av_cnt_rounds+=1

if av_cnt_rounds==1:
        anri "So, that was the first round. You did 200 strokes and got a small break. {w=5}{nw}"
        $renpy.pause(10.0, hard=True)
        $av_cnt_beats = 0
        jump av_anri_demo_beats

if av_cnt_rounds==2:
        anri "Again, you completed 200 strokes and got a rest. We will do it one more time.{w=5}{nw}"
        $av_cnt_beats = 0
        jump av_anri_demo_beats

if av_cnt_rounds>=3:
        jump av_anri_demo_end

label av_anri_demo_end:
    hide av_picture100
    show anri17 (10) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "That is it. You finished the match. Not hard, but remember, that is the easiest one. {w=5}{nw}"
    hide anri17 (10)
    show anri17 (11) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "Later, matches can go to 300 until 500 strokes. And we still have faster speeds, so don't get to confortable."
    hide anri17 (11)
    show anri17 (12) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "It's possible no slave fail in easy matches, so the jury will evaluate who performed better to pick the winner."
    anri "Now, go to sleep. You will need to be in full condition tomorrow."
That is with single forms only, there is a version with mixed forms too, something like that:

if av_rnd_form>=8:
        jump av_beats_comp1

label av_beats_comp1:
    $av_rnd_form2 = renpy.random.randint(1,15)
    if av_rnd_form2==1:
        play sound "audio/beats/dogsnake100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=20
    if av_rnd_form2==2:
        play sound "audio/beats/cateagle100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=24
    if av_rnd_form2==3:
        play sound "audio/beats/catdragon100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=26
    if av_rnd_form2==4:
        play sound "audio/beats/catowl100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=18
    if av_rnd_form2==5:
        play sound "audio/beats/catsnake100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=22  

And go on. Changing the 200 to 300, 400 or 500 will increase the duration and difficulty. Could be included more rounds too. Higher levels would have higher speeds too.

It's easy to edit the voices and speeds. (find and replace). And there are space between rounds to put dialogues.

Oh, and this part:

if av_rnd_pic>=60:
        hide av_picture100 
        $av_cnt+=1
I need to make a chance to change the picture or we would need a lot of pictures (50 or more) to change after every form.

EDIT: testing the new version, I think I got a typo in the code:

File "game/outdoor_corridors.rpy", line 20, in <module>
if daycount>5 and Learn_Mokeybetter_enable:
NameError: name 'Learn_Mokeybetter_enable' is not defined

I look older versions, and are the same. Maybe my save file skiped that part, because I never got that error before.

EDIT2: I am test/playing, and looks good so far, but I found one problem in the Library lessons (line 80):

"Get a lesson in advanced training" if av_trainingkaho==True:
                hide screen libraryoverlayscreen1
                if pietra4_done==True and pietra2_done==False:
                    call pietra3 from _call_pietra3
                if pietra3_done==True and pietra2_done==False:
                    call pietra2 from _call_pietra2
                if pietra2_done==True:
                    call kinkystraining from _call_kinkystraining
I think should be in reverse order, because you get stucked in lesson 2 (pietra3)

like this:

if pietra2_done==True:
Another thing (but that was in my part), I am almost sure I fixed
The first Catie encounter don't happens in the same day of Destiny first encounter.
Not a big deal, you can go back next day and will still be there.

Another thing, I think I will try to convert all the 180 beats to 160. Keeping the file names. I don't know how hard is to change that, but can be a optional option for those who think 180 is too fast. Well, and I dont know if will be a big difference too.

EDIT 3:

The Monkey symbol stay on the menu if the tease ends and you start another one. No sure if it's possible to reset that everytime you enter a new tease.

And something I always forget to ask, what exactly is the wizardlevel? I see a lot of 'if' to check that, but can't find where it increases (there are mentions to dojo and olsen visits).

Anyway, I see the Catie Sidestory use that (wizardlevel>=10), so I think you can reduce it to start early, and the House is not too far. I am trying to make a 'list of events', so we can balance the encounters better.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Short in time, so I'll just go through your comments quickyly and focus on your latest post:
avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:29 pm
Hey, thanks. To be fair, all these quotes are from my TeaseAI House of tease, and I collect a lot of phrases from scripts from reddit GWA and old teases, just adapting to fit better in the context.

The parts I wrote, I did try my best to translate to english, but I would like to have a native speaker read proof these parts.
Don't worry, I think if the community has the choice between perfect english but small no of teases and creative new teases and software with non-native english they will go for non-native english option. I'm non native too... buuuut as you mention it... I corrected sometimes on the fly "take a sit" to either "take a seat" or "sit down". As this phrase occurs quite often you might want to change it in the future.
Last year, you maybe remember the guy who wished to stay anonymous but helped me a lot: He indeed was a native speaker AND - guess what - kind of a professional editor and proof read all of what I wrote and had fun doing it. Seemed like a passion. Sadly didn't hear anything from him anymore.
avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:29 pm About dependences, yeah...I was thinking about putting the Catie/Destiny sidestory way early, so the House unlock soon. But I think we need someone playing from the start to get the full picture.
Indeed! Sooner or later but certainly before making a new thread it is necessary to play through from the very beginning... Will take time. It's stunning by now how large it got and how much time it takes to play through without manipulating code.
avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:29 pm I will look, but it's possible with the random pictures. Only later I figure how to hide random pictures correctly

EDIT: I see you already fixed.
Yes I fixed, just wanted to let you know for the future, but I'm curious: How do you hide random pictures correctly? Is there a way to "read out" the currently shown pic name or something? Or do you adress the current layer? Never found out...

avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:29 pm Damn, I forgot that. I remember about the screen in the middle, but at the same time I learned how to create a new one and did not decided what I would use. Then I forgot :lol:
I will look that too. Mine screen is only for the competition, so I will use yours.
Ah okay, was hesistant to change it. I'd be happy if the screen would be used in the future. I'm thinking about expanding it. If I find more time in the future, I plan to add a "ability" you maybe can learn somewhere to click on the option "Did X strokes instead of edge" which - as do the other options - cost you 1 or 2 of your daily "point budget". Also thought about being able to exchange/ doing PC muscle traing instead.
Don't get me wrong (also @Markus) this would be made optional as many other things had been so far. And it would be bound to many conditions. Only if you did not yet have an edge that day or less than X and then depending on your, say edging level or other parameters 50, 150 or who knows how many strokes for on edge and then it's limited anyway by the daily "budget" to ask for a break and stuff. I feel such options just bring more dynamics to the game and more interaction and choices. In the end, to adress @Markus worries: You exactly got the point - it's all about balancing. Sure the thing is to have a software telling you what to do. But it should be sensible, balanced and, I think, call for some interaction and choice to mirror preferences. And that's what I aim on, just to clarify the idea. But it's like the "timed edging" thing. It will be optional. TO be honest, it's because of the timed eding I thought about the stuff. Cause come on if you just started the day it's just not possible to edge in what 5 seconds?
avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:29 pm But Dreamscape gave me some ideas too. I start to try a 'progression menu', more to help people to not miss content. But it's hard to find the correct variables to track progression.
Let me know about how you want to design the menu... like a checklist? Or like a flow chart? I think it's possible to figure out the most stuff. On the other hand, me for instance, I do not get the "fast track" option for edging at the temple anymore. Just do not encounter the girls... didn't look in the code yet to check why, but it just reminds me that it's well possible a player doesnt discover everything. And beyond thos small stuff, I feel it's really necessary to give new players solid advise how to progress and what to do. It's easy to get lost now I'd say.

avatarbr wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:29 pm Now, about the competition, like I said, I tested my idea and it's worked. I will hold that, so we don't get lost with all the new things (and it's not done yet). But I start to write the dialogues and
not sure if you will agree, but I bring Anri back to bring you to the competition. Another thing you said some time ago, about changing the main Mistress, I made some dialogues mentioning that, not a big deal, just to implement the idea. I start to think about a auction after the competition, but you could choose your new Mistress in a way. It's just an idea, since this would create a big work to continue the story, like always have a 'if' to determine who is the actual Mistress. I still don't know if it's a good idea.
I like Anri :) so I strongly agree. Codingwise as you mentioned this would be hard though. I never got to the point where you use full-fletched personalities - which is perfectly possible in renpy. Like characters as classes with properties and stuff. That would make everything so easy! But defining classes and passing variables, storing stuff and bla... saw that several times in youtube and code examples for weapons and other RPG examples but could never replicate.
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

avatarbr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:50 pm Hey,

before continuing to make the competition, I want to share what I have in mind for the code. Just to make sure it's a good idea.

This is the part I wrote where Anri explain the rules:

show anri17 (2) at truecenter with dissolve

anri "Since you are already a Yokuzuna, you don't need to compete in the preliminary games."
    anri "That gave us time to tell you about this new competition. There are a lot of changes since the last one."
    hide anri17 (2)
    show anri17 (3) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "After the preliminary games, we will have 4 days of competition. The difficulty will increase day by day."
    anri "Every day, we have matches focused in reach a certain number of strokes, always following the forms."
    hide anri17 (3)
    show anri17 (4) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "Every match will have between 3 and 5 rounds. Each one with that desired number of strokes."
    anri "Like, the first day we have a target of 200 strokes, 3 times."
    anri "I think it's easy if I show you how that works."
    hide anri17 (4)

label av_anri_demo:
    $av_cnt=5
    $av_cnt_rounds = 0
    $av_cnt_beats = 0
    $av_picture100="anri17 ([av_cnt])" 
    $av_cnt+=1
    anri "This is a 200 strokes game. There are a 100 strokes, but that is for rookies in preliminary games{w=5}{nw}"
    anri "You need to reach 200 strokes before getting a break. Let's do it, so you can understand better.{w=3}{nw}"

label av_anri_demo_beats:
    $av_rnd_form = renpy.random.randint(1,7)

if av_rnd_form==1:
        play sound "audio/beats/dog100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=16
    if av_rnd_form==2:
        play sound "audio/beats/snake100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=24
    if av_rnd_form==3:
        play sound "audio/beats/eagle100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=28
    if av_rnd_form==4:
        play sound "audio/beats/cat100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=20
    if av_rnd_form==5:
        play sound "audio/beats/dragon100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=32
    if av_rnd_form==6:
        play sound "audio/beats/owl100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=16
    if av_rnd_form==7:
        voice "audio/voices/kendratiger.mp3"
        play sound "audio/beats/tiger100.wav"
        $renpy.pause(8.5, hard=True)
        $av_cnt_beats+=16

if av_cnt_beats>=200: 
        jump av_anri_demo_pause

if av_rnd_pic>=60:
        hide av_picture100 
        $av_cnt+=1

jump av_anri_demo_beats

label av_anri_demo_pause:

voice "audio/voices/kendrastop.mp3"
    $av_cnt_rounds+=1

if av_cnt_rounds==1:
        anri "So, that was the first round. You did 200 strokes and got a small break. {w=5}{nw}"
        $av_cnt_beats = 0
        jump av_anri_demo_beats

if av_cnt_rounds==2:
        anri "Again, you completed 200 strokes and got a rest. We will do it one more time.{w=5}{nw}"
        $av_cnt_beats = 0
        jump av_anri_demo_beats

if av_cnt_rounds>=3:
        jump av_anri_demo_end

label av_anri_demo_end:
    hide av_picture100
    show anri17 (10) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "That is it. You finished the match. Not hard, but remember, that is the easiest one. {w=5}{nw}"
    hide anri17 (10)
    show anri17 (11) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "Later, matches can go to 300 until 500 strokes. And we still have faster speeds, so don't get to confortable."
    hide anri17 (11)
    show anri17 (12) at truecenter with dissolve
    anri "It's possible no slave fail in easy matches, so the jury will evaluate who performed better to pick the winner."
    anri "Now, go to sleep. You will need to be in full condition tomorrow."
That is with single forms only, there is a version with mixed forms too, something like that:

if av_rnd_form>=8:
        jump av_beats_comp1

label av_beats_comp1:
    $av_rnd_form2 = renpy.random.randint(1,15)
    if av_rnd_form2==1:
        play sound "audio/beats/dogsnake100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=20
    if av_rnd_form2==2:
        play sound "audio/beats/cateagle100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=24
    if av_rnd_form2==3:
        play sound "audio/beats/catdragon100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=26
    if av_rnd_form2==4:
        play sound "audio/beats/catowl100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=18
    if av_rnd_form2==5:
        play sound "audio/beats/catsnake100.wav"
        $av_cnt_beats+=22  

And go on. Changing the 200 to 300, 400 or 500 will increase the duration and difficulty. Could be included more rounds too. Higher levels would have higher speeds too.

It's easy to edit the voices and speeds. (find and replace). And there are space between rounds to put dialogues.

Oh, and this part:

if av_rnd_pic>=60:
        hide av_picture100 
        $av_cnt+=1
I need to make a chance to change the picture or we would need a lot of pictures (50 or more) to change after every form.
Looks good and it's a great idea! I like the variation and to stroke counting. Always beats and only beats is kinda boring. Are you sure you get the timing/counting stuff right? I always had problems doing it without awkward breaks or cutting too early. Also, in case you change beat to 160 from 180 remember to check how this impacts your "pause" coding time. But yeah, definitly go down that road, I highly welcome it and it looks quite elegant the way you coded it.

Ah... talking about breaks... Maybe this is because we have a completly different text speed option set but for my taste your {w=x} breaks at end of text are minimum 1 or 2 secs too long. But this might be a matter of taste.
avatarbr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:50 pm EDIT: testing the new version, I think I got a typo in the code:

File "game/outdoor_corridors.rpy", line 20, in <module>
if daycount>5 and Learn_Mokeybetter_enable:
NameError: name 'Learn_Mokeybetter_enable' is not defined

I look older versions, and are the same. Maybe my save file skiped that part, because I never got that error before.
I remember that thing. Back in the early times I typed "Mokey" without n and then kept it. I thought I dealt with this error at some point in time and corrected it either by keeping the spelling error or correcting it. Might also be the capital letter?
avatarbr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:50 pm EDIT2: I am test/playing, and looks good so far, but I found one problem in the Library lessons (line 80):

if pietra2_done==True:
I think should be in reverse order, because you get stucked in lesson 2 (pietra3)

like this:

if pietra2_done==True:
Are you sure? I wondered about the pietra starting with 4 first, then going down, but that's what I got from your comment in the pietra file or did I read this wrong? So making the start with 4, then 3 then 2 was intentional. The other thing is to be stuck with 2. Have had that too, that's why I included the strange if pietra3_done==True and pietra2_done==False kind of a double check at each line. For me this solved the problem. But seemed to be coincidence only.
But to be clear: You wanted the pietra parts to start with 2 and go to 4 and end with 4?
As for the reverse order you proposed... maybe I'm too tired but I don't see why this changes anything? In both cases pietra2 (the last in the series starting with 4) must be dine before the kinky stuff is called. Whether this is checked at the beginning or in the end shouldnt matter... but need to look again.

On beats 180->160 - got for it! But make sre the 160 file is as long in seconds as the 180 file as in old parts of the game there is still alot of stuff written with exact timed seconds of pause instead of loop until stop.
avatarbr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:50 pm EDIT 3:

The Monkey symbol stay on the menu if the tease ends and you start another one. No sure if it's possible to reset that everytime you enter a new tease.

And something I always forget to ask, what exactly is the wizardlevel? I see a lot of 'if' to check that, but can't find where it increases (there are mentions to dojo and olsen visits).

Anyway, I see the Catie Sidestory use that (wizardlevel>=10), so I think you can reduce it to start early, and the House is not too far. I am trying to make a 'list of events', so we can balance the encounters better.
On Monkey symbol... I thought about whether I want that this way (keep your monkey hand and start in a new tease with it) or if I want a reset. Not wure what is better. Have no preference. Should pe possible to reset. Like everytime you call the screen (and if I remember correctly it's not just "show xyz screen" but there is a routine to be called first (checking several other things) in which it would be easy to integrate a reset of the variable.

For the wizardlevel: The name of the variable was a leftover from an earlier idea I had. At some point in coding I lost track of dependencies. Around Nanako I guess. And I wanted to have clear cut stages - like the "chapters" we now have. So instead of decentrally checking in every tease or situation multiple dependencies (Nanako done? Shrine? First competition? Which day...?) I checked them centrally and if all conditions were met to be in a new "chapter" I assigned a new "wizardlevel".
You find the levels and a rather short explanation in the bedroom1 and bedroom2. The wizardlevel is checked every day in a routine .... somewhere at the end of the bedroom scripts. Same position where pool encounters and stuff are re-set every day.
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 pm Indeed! Sooner or later but certainly before making a new thread it is necessary to play through from the very beginning... Will take time. It's stunning by now how large it got and how much time it takes to play through without manipulating code.
Yes...sadly, 1 week before you released the last version, I wanted to play from Nanako place again and now will not be so fresh when I start again. I hope someone will test before the final release and provide some feedback.
richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 pm but I'm curious: How do you hide random pictures correctly? Is there a way to "read out" the currently shown pic name or something? Or do you adress the current layer? Never found out...
Something like this
Start like this

$av_cnt=1
    $av_pictureed1="destinymoody6 ([av_cnt])" 
    image av_pictureed1="destinymoody6 ([av_cnt])"
    show av_pictureed1 at truecenter with dissolve
    $av_cnt+=1
When you want to change pictures

hide av_pictureed1
    $av_cnt+=1
I still don't understand why works, since I changed the av_cnt after showing the image, but works. Looking now, I think I could put the $av_cnt+=1 before the show image too.
richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 pm
Ah okay, was hesistant to change it. I'd be happy if the screen would be used in the future. I'm thinking about expanding it. If I find more time in the future, I plan to add a "ability" you maybe can learn somewhere to click on the option "Did X strokes instead of edge" which - as do the other options - cost you 1 or 2 of your daily "point budget". Also thought about being able to exchange/ doing PC muscle traing instead.
Don't get me wrong (also @Markus) this would be made optional as many other things had been so far. And it would be bound to many conditions. Only if you did not yet have an edge that day or less than X and then depending on your, say edging level or other parameters 50, 150 or who knows how many strokes for on edge and then it's limited anyway by the daily "budget" to ask for a break and stuff. I feel such options just bring more dynamics to the game and more interaction and choices. In the end, to adress @Markus worries: You exactly got the point - it's all about balancing. Sure the thing is to have a software telling you what to do. But it should be sensible, balanced and, I think, call for some interaction and choice to mirror preferences. And that's what I aim on, just to clarify the idea. But it's like the "timed edging" thing. It will be optional. TO be honest, it's because of the timed eding I thought about the stuff. Cause come on if you just started the day it's just not possible to edge in what 5 seconds?
Yeah...I am still thinking about the day I could not end the day because I could find a way to edge. But I am not too strict about these parts. I am thinking about a screen where you could turn On and OFF all these options. ( I am thinking in include some more in the future. Yes, I am working on some new ideas for after the second competition. :lol: I got green flag from the author, so I start working on that)
richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 pm Let me know about how you want to design the menu... like a checklist? Or like a flow chart? I think it's possible to figure out the most stuff. On the other hand, me for instance, I do not get the "fast track" option for edging at the temple anymore. Just do not encounter the girls... didn't look in the code yet to check why, but it just reminds me that it's well possible a player doesnt discover everything. And beyond thos small stuff, I feel it's really necessary to give new players solid advise how to progress and what to do. It's easy to get lost now I'd say.
It's a little harder than I thought. But I am doing a list of events to have an idea of what happens when, if some part is poor of content. I have this so far:

ALERT: For anyone reading!! THIS IS A MAJOR SPOILER!!!
I think the major thing there, is Catie/Destiny Sidestory probably should be available right on day 6. 13 teases and at least 1 day beteen each, will take a long time (almost 1 month) to finish and unlock Destiny House. Since is a sidestory, there no big effect outside, so I think it's safe to put anywhere.

That could put Destiny House closer to Regime Training, what works perfectly. And, if I am right, Destiny House should take more than 1 month to finish too.

But that is good too, because can be played in parallel with anything you put in the village from now. The only thing the House have to the 'outside world' is the learn Tiger part (day 9 in house).

#Day 1 to 5
First Competition - Original Game
#Day 6
New Lessons - Learn increasing forms
Misumi Holidays #(duration 3 days, you can rush the lessons to start)
#Day11 to 14
Servant Inauguration
Shunka Vase (Servant trigger this)
#Day 15
Nanako Place #(duration 7 days) #This will push everything after, since you are 'locked' in the Nanako house.
#Day 22
Shrine/The Hunt
Anri Holidays
Expo Masu #(duration 3 days)
#Day 28/30
Kaho/China Regime #(Anri Holiday+Expo should takes 6 days, so this is the early you should get it)
#Day 33/36
Kaho Competition #(should be more, because lot of conditions)
Tranining Regime #(after Kaho Competition)

#I don't know when will trigger. Can take 30 days to finish, so maybe put at the beggining (day 6)
Catie/Destiny Sidestory #(14 teases, but 1 or 2 days between each)#wizardlevel>=10

Destiny House
Village

richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 pm

Looks good and it's a great idea! I like the variation and to stroke counting. Always beats and only beats is kinda boring. Are you sure you get the timing/counting stuff right? I always had problems doing it without awkward breaks or cutting too early. Also, in case you change beat to 160 from 180 remember to check how this impacts your "pause" coding time. But yeah, definitly go down that road, I highly welcome it and it looks quite elegant the way you coded it.

Ah... talking about breaks... Maybe this is because we have a completly different text speed option set but for my taste your {w=x} breaks at end of text are minimum 1 or 2 secs too long. But this might be a matter of taste.
Yes, I think I got right. I played the 100 bps files and count every beat. :lol: The NW I used here more to give a little more time to rest. But to help people with slow read time too.

richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 pm Are you sure? I wondered about the pietra starting with 4 first, then going down, but that's what I got from your comment in the pietra file or did I read this wrong? So making the start with 4, then 3 then 2 was intentional. The other thing is to be stuck with 2. Have had that too, that's why I included the strange if pietra3_done==True and pietra2_done==False kind of a double check at each line. For me this solved the problem. But seemed to be coincidence only.
But to be clear: You wanted the pietra parts to start with 2 and go to 4 and end with 4?
As for the reverse order you proposed... maybe I'm too tired but I don't see why this changes anything? In both cases pietra2 (the last in the series starting with 4) must be dine before the kinky stuff is called. Whether this is checked at the beginning or in the end shouldnt matter... but need to look again.
Yes, the order to play is correct. But the way is implemented ( if pietra4_done==True and pietra2_done==False:) will always be true and the code will not pass to the next one.

But let me see if I am correct:

Default is 'False'. Pietra4 will run first anyway, so will make 'pietra4_done==True'. The first 'if' will work and go to Pietra3. Then, after your play that, pietra3_done==True is enabled. But the first one is still true (if pietra4_done==True and pietra2_done==False:), so will not pass to the second 'if'

In the inverse order, the code will pass all the 'if' until they are true. So, the tease to run first should be the last in the code, because the others are still False. When the second is true, will stop in the correct tease and ignore the 'if' for the first one.

richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 pm On beats 180->160 - got for it! But make sre the 160 file is as long in seconds as the 180 file as in old parts of the game there is still alot of stuff written with exact timed seconds of pause instead of loop until stop.
Yeah....forget about that...looks like a lot of work. I did just dog to see, and the speed did not looked so diferent. I don't have a good tool to measure the bps and editing all the double forms is too much. Better to make more content :-)
richman2 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 pm On Monkey symbol... I thought about whether I want that this way (keep your monkey hand and start in a new tease with it) or if I want a reset. Not wure what is better. Have no preference. Should pe possible to reset. Like everytime you call the screen (and if I remember correctly it's not just "show xyz screen" but there is a routine to be called first (checking several other things) in which it would be easy to integrate a reset of the variable.
I think is better to reset. Some teases can take into account you are using your main hand at the begining.

One last thing. I automated the pictures change now :lol: Since I am converting a tease to here, I dn't know how many pictures each part will need, so I can just change 2 lines to change the pictures, instead of every single line. Plus, don't need to put the number in each show/hide:
In the start of the tease, put this

$av_cnt=1
    $av_pictureed1="destinymoody7 ([av_cnt])" 
    image av_pictureed1="destinymoody7 ([av_cnt])"
    $av_cnt+=1
in the end or even outside the file, put that:

label av_pic1:
    hide av_pictureed1
    $av_cnt+=1
    if av_cnt>=23: #This is the number of picures in the folder. So no risk to get a inexistent picture.
        $av_cnt-=10

return
and then to change pictures, you only need a

call av_pic1
EDIT2: Just found I forgot to rename Destiny 12 pictures. Should be 'destinymoody12'.

To anyone who download the last version and will play, please locate the 'Destiny 12' folder, inside game/images. Select all files inside, right click on the first and select 'RENAME', type destinymoody12 and done.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Seems like an interesting project, wanna give it a try soon, but since all the pictures are not my taste, I'll have to replace them first with some other ones, while working on that, some things came to my mind:

General remark:
- 249 sub-folders in the image folder: Holy f****** shit! :lol:

Questions:
- There are some videos, if I want to replace them, is there the need that they have the EXACT same lenght or would it work if they are around a minute like the most are?
- How they called, or in other words, is the extension hardcoded? ... I.e.: Can I replace a video named '15.webm' with a video called '15.mp4'?
- If it must have the same name with extension, do I have to reencode it to *.webm or can I simply rename the extension?

A hint about the presentation of it from my point of view:
avatarbr wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:21 am EDIT2: Just found I forgot to rename Destiny 12 pictures. Should be 'destinymoody12'.

To anyone who download the last version and will play, please locate the 'Destiny 12' folder, inside game/images. Select all files inside, right click on the first and select 'RENAME', type destinymoody12 and done.
- The first post should be edited with the newest download as well as with such important infos.

A request for further versions:

- PLEASE if you add new model-folders from version 3.0 on, ... mark them in the folder name so one can see what's new, i.e.: 'V3_0_1_ModelName'
- PLEASE keep from 3.0 on images and videos which are not models in extra folders, like i.e.: 'V3_0_2_AppImages', 'V3_1_X_Videos', 'V3_0_2_BackgroundImages' and so on.

Sorry guys, the much I appreciate your hard work on this project, ... but the organisation of that image folder couldn't be much worse (no need to change that now afterwards since I'm working on a way to handle that), ... but as requested, please try to keep it a bit more organized in the future!

Best greetings,
Markus
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

Hey Markus,

One question: Did you already played the original? (the first 5 days). Just curious to know how much you have to play.
Anyway, you have a long road ahead (should be at least 30 days of content) :lol:

markus wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:10 pm Seems like an interesting project, wanna give it a try soon, but since all the pictures are not my taste, I'll have to replace them first with some other ones, while working on that, some things came to my mind:

General remark:
- 249 sub-folders in the image folder: Holy f****** shit! :lol:
I changed myself a lot of pictures too.
TBH, it's not hard to change, since the name files are basic windows tool: "name (1).jpg", etc. Just look at dimensions, should not be too big (I use 800px height), or will not fit in the screen.
markus wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:10 pm Questions:
- There are some videos, if I want to replace them, is there the need that they have the EXACT same lenght or would it work if they are around a minute like the most are?
- How they called, or in other words, is the extension hardcoded? ... I.e.: Can I replace a video named '15.webm' with a video called '15.mp4'?
- If it must have the same name with extension, do I have to reencode it to *.webm or can I simply rename the extension?
I think there are 2 places with videos. One in Destiny House (mine), and it's 'hard-coded' with names and extensions. To be honest, .mp4 did not worked for me, so I converted to webm. If you want to change, it´s not hard, since it's at very end of Destine House file.

The other location is Nanako Place, richman2 created that one, and I would need to check to see how is coded. But these one have some ' element story' and would not make sense changing. I really don't remember, but is mostly like a presentation.

markus wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:10 pm A hint about the presentation of it from my point of view:

- The first post should be edited with the newest download as well as with such important infos.

A request for further versions:

- PLEASE if you add new model-folders from version 3.0 on, ... mark them in the folder name so one can see what's new, i.e.: 'V3_0_1_ModelName'
- PLEASE keep from 3.0 on images and videos which are not models in extra folders, like i.e.: 'V3_0_2_AppImages', 'V3_1_X_Videos', 'V3_0_2_BackgroundImages' and so on.

Sorry guys, the much I appreciate your hard work on this project, ... but the organisation of that image folder couldn't be much worse (no need to change that now afterwards since I'm working on a way to handle that), ... but as requested, please try to keep it a bit more organized in the future!

Best greetings,
Markus

Unfortunately we can't edit the first post, since this was a Rinascere project. Richman pick up after that. We are planning in create a new topic when we release the new version.

That is why we moved the conversation to PMs, since it's not done yet (and there are a lot of spoilers now). So, be warned there are a few bugs in this version yet (I have a corrected version of Destiny House I could send you later too).

About folders, yeah, we were not plannig to expand that much. We were learning (he first, me late) while doing that too, so without much concern about organization. But I think all 'no-girls' images are in separated folders (ie jap_temple)

But what I do is to just copy my pictures inside the new version folder, what not change are the new ones.

Anyway, just a status update, my part is done (for now, I have some new things to include, but would be in a another update), and now I am just waiting richman finishes the new 'expansion'. Can take some time, since I think it's another big part. I don't know if he have a lot of time to work on that now, so could take some time.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

avatarbr wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:17 pm One question: Did you already played the original? (the first 5 days). Just curious to know how much you have to play.
Hey there! :wave:

Nope, never played the original, all the fun ahead! 8-)

TBH, it's not hard to change
I disagree, ... ohhhh, how much I disagree! :-P
I have written a small tool which can do the exchange of the pictures, but now that I saw that it's necessary to keep models according to what's in the original folder (since the 'story' wouldn't make sense anymore if one model with name X suddenly has picture-sets of 2 different models), it's not good enough.
Sadly I don't have the time right now to work more on such a 'picture-exchanger'.

We are planning in create a new topic when we release the new version.
Good idea! :yes:

Ok, just played the first day... and what comes to my mind (some feedback):

First of all, congratz and respect!!! ... Overall this seems like an amazing project, great work and I sure looking forward to spend some more time with it!!!

Does this sound like there is a 'but...' following up? ... yeah, it does, ... :whistle:

I never used renpy and don't know how hard it is to implement something like this, ... maybe you can get some help on the official renpy-forum? ... but what (in my humble opinion) is a must-have is a way to either:
- Make the text-read-speed optional
- Or make EVERY text move forward ONLY if mouse is clicked

---> To explain this:
This whole game tells a story, ... and sometimes text is vanished too fast, so I cannot read every line of text, ... but since it tells a story, I feel like I have missed some parts of the story because I was reading too slow.

Nice-to-have:
A nice-to-have would be that it shows pictures fully (zoomed to the screen-size), so that you don't have to resize the pictures to 800 pixels height manually.

Correction reading... there are a lot of typos (in day one at least), ... some words are double, some phrasing could be better, IIRC there was a 'biew' instead of 'view'.

But please don't get me wrong, and please take my feedback as a constructive one, ... again, overall this thing is already really great, ... a bit of polishing here and there and it would be even better.

I guess the most important thing is, it makes fun, and I would recommend to everyone who doesn't have played it yet to give it a try, it's worth it for sure!

THX to you guys for this, keep updates coming, ... :-)
best greetings,
Markus
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

markus wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:49 pm I disagree, ... ohhhh, how much I disagree! :-P
I have written a small tool which can do the exchange of the pictures, but now that I saw that it's necessary to keep models according to what's in the original folder (since the 'story' wouldn't make sense anymore if one model with name X suddenly has picture-sets of 2 different models), it's not good enough.
Sadly I don't have the time right now to work more on such a 'picture-exchanger'.
You should use Infanview. There are a Batch conversion/rename option there.
I use that to resize, since it's better to rename via Windows anyway (select all files, right click the first one and type the name).

But yeah, you need to keep the same model for the same girls names. But folders will show you what pictures are from that girl, no? I think there are only 5 or 6 'main' characters with a lot of sets.
markus wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:49 pm Ok, just played the first day... and what comes to my mind (some feedback):

First of all, congratz and respect!!! ... Overall this seems like an amazing project, great work and I sure looking forward to spend some more time with it!!!
Last edited by avatarbr on Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

avatarbr wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:44 pm You should use Infanview. There are a Batch conversion/rename option there.
I use that to resize, since it's better to rename via Windows anyway (select all files, right click the first one and type the name).

But yeah, you need to keep the same model for the same girls names. But folders will show you what pictures are from that girl, no? I think there are only 5 or 6 'main' characters with a lot of sets.
As I've played the first day I just mixed up the models without taking care, so i.e. one 'anri' folder was filled with pictures of model X, the next 'anri' folder was filled with pictures of model Y.
(I didn't knew at that point if I would like that whole game, so I didn't want to put too much effort in it without knowing if I like that game at all).

Since now I know that I like it, today I have sorted pictures according to the model names, ... but PLEASE, do me a favor and don't use much more (new) models, ... it would be easier if you (story-wise) let models/characters re-appear instead of using all the time new ones, ... honestly, ... I thought I have a huge collection of pictures/models/videos-to-rip-pictures-from, ... but phew, ... I am running out of possible models! :lol:

Best greetings,
Markus
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

markus wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:18 pm

Since now I know that I like it, today I have sorted pictures according to the model names, ... but PLEASE, do me a favor and don't use much more (new) models, ... it would be easier if you (story-wise) let models/characters re-appear instead of using all the time new ones, ... honestly, ... I thought I have a huge collection of pictures/models/videos-to-rip-pictures-from, ... but phew, ... I am running out of possible models! :lol:

Best greetings,
Markus
:lol: :lol:

I think richman will include a few more in the new part, but we are trying to keep the file size low, so I re-used a lot of the pictures already in the game. In fact, my first project was exactly that (the new dojo encounters).

I am finishing another big one (Edge training, but I don't know if will be included in the next release), and I did try to re-use pictures already in the game. TBH, I was running out of models too :lol:

Anyway, if you want to focus on the main characters, you should change :
Anri, Shunka, Kaho and Misuki.
These are the ones with more encounters.

I just noticed I mess up my last post. I think I wrote something after your last quote, but I don't remember :lol:
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Ok, played day 1 today again with better matching pictures and I really start to like this game. :-)

I hope I am not too late for story-requests/suggestions for further updates?!
What I really like is the idea of the twin-sister of Anri (Shizuo), but judging on the picture-folders, ... there are only 2, ... I guess that she will not appear often.
So I'd like to suggest to bring her in much more often, to really develop her character, in day 1 she was about to make the player cum when Anri stepped in and banned her, ... I think this has a lot of potential to be developed much more.

Just as an example: (Note that I don't know the story, just played day 1 !!!)
Shizuo was not that strict, more playful, ... she could go through several 'states', like she could have to work her way up to be respected again.
She could be from playful (before the ban) to submissive first after the ban (in order to make her way up), then slightly (from time to time) show a bit of her true self (even more develish than Anri), ... until she takes over the temple and takes revenge on her sister.

Of course that is just an example, but however, I'd like to see that plot of the twin sister more developed, ... just an idea! :-)
Best greetings,
Markus
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by avatarbr »

markus wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:34 pm Ok, played day 1 today again with better matching pictures and I really start to like this game. :-)

I hope I am not too late for story-requests/suggestions for further updates?!

Best greetings,
Markus
Well, maybe a little, but we still don't know how it will be in the future. Now we are talking about how to "close the story" and still left open for more content. There are a small "debate" about what we want to do, but knowing this could make a nightmare (relative to the code) for future updates :lol:

About your suggestion:
TBH, I forgot about her. She will only appears in the original content.
Unfortunately we did not include any new content with her. But there are a lot of other characters after that. I recommend you pick a model you really like for Shunka.
mandarynkorian
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mandarynkorian »

Is there a plan to release android version?
I think it is possible with renpy